Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    PJ at Subiaco? that would be very interesting.
    Too big I rekon....the smaller the better....just my opinion.
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    Yeah, that was soooooo helpful to the Sydney and Melbourne people who were left out in the cold for the 2nd and 3rd concerts

dude that wasnt the 10C.... theyd never done tickets to rollover shows before this tour. it was fucking lucky that we got 10c tickets at all last time as Copple didnt want to let the 10c have reserved seating.

we we'rent treated unfairly.... we were just treated like everyone else.... whats wrong with that?

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    thankyou for lowering my stress levels, Q,does that mean that we get to use our 10C privilages for one show only or more

I think thats yet to be decided. After the Australian leg of the 2003 tour they changed it so you use your 10C membership at any show you like.
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

Too big I rekon....the smaller the better....just my opinion.

yeah way too big.... but it might be beyond their control.... its not like pj are going to know what Subi is.... itd be up to copple for this one....

id vote for the Belvoir!

• HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    dude that wasnt the 10C.... theyd never done tickets to rollover shows before this tour. it was fucking lucky that we got 10c tickets at all last time as Copple didnt want to let the 10c have reserved seating.

we we'rent treated unfairly.... we were just treated like everyone else.... whats wrong with that?
    "Everyone else" didn't pay $25 US for 10c membership, which supposedly includes ticketing priveleges.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • edwardovedderedwardovedder Posts: 331
    Sloth2 wrote:
    For all of you tertiary people worried about exams.

Exams for 2nd semester nad thier specific dates are yet to be released. Book your tickets and ask to sit early or late as you have prior commitments

Easy to get around :D

do you really think that would work? methinks not!...maybe
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
  • lucky for me, I dont do exams.
  • GotMyLeash wrote:
    I think thats yet to be decided. After the Australian leg of the 2003 tour they changed it so you use your 10C membership at any show you like.

if thats the case im starting to get a little exited! as long as i get tiks to one show i wont mind trying my luck through ticketek for the other shows
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    yeah way too big.... but it might be beyond their control.... its not like pj are going to know what Subi is.... itd be up to copple for this one....

id vote for the Belvoir!
    Belvoir would be good.... I have to admit tho...I really didn't mind The Dome....see if they can pop it this time??!!
    I know heaps of people who've sat exams earlier for all different reasons. Doing it late? VERY doubtful. I know people who failed exams and were offered an alternate assessment task after the exam as a 2nd chance, but I don't think sitting it late is an option.
    Hinny wrote:
    "Everyone else" didn't pay $25 US for 10c membership, which supposedly includes ticketing priveleges.

again.... 10C have only just started doing 10C tickets to roll over shows THIS TOUR.... ie the first time in their 16 years.

they dont have to do roll over shows.... thats why they arent scheduled.

if you dont think your getting a fair deal for tickets through the 10c, then dont renew your membership.

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    ticketek vs 10c.. 10c would have to be the choice each time, right?

any thoughts on whether it'll be GA or seating yet? changes so much.

argh, we need more info. this is killing me.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

heyjose wrote:

It's not going to be GA. Obviously there's nothing official to back me up, but I'm telling you now, it's not GA.
  • heyjose wrote:

Well who knows...

South American tour was GA and went beserk - safety would still be an issue but seating is not the way?
    Europe is majority GA.
    What are the US legs? I saw alot were seated.

Alot of 10C'ers prefer seating, will PJ management act accordingly?

Personally I'm a GA guy cos I can literally see over everyone's head, better atmosphere (personally that is. Cos I love a mosh every now and again).
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • again.... 10C have only just started doing 10C tickets to roll over shows THIS TOUR.... ie the first time in their 16 years.

they dont have to do roll over shows.... thats why they arent scheduled.

if you dont think your getting a fair deal for tickets through the 10c, then dont renew your membership.

admire your patience you have not even had any shows annonced yet!

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • Hinny wrote:
    It's not going to be GA. Obviously there's nothing official to back me up, but I'm telling you now, it's not GA.

Why do you say exactly?

As much as i don't like it, I have a gut feeling that it will be entirely seated simply cos (like the US) we have alot of 10C'ers (obviously not as many) and 10C'ers tend to prefer seated venues where you don't have to worry about other people around you.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    have been looking at approximate capacity's, here goes:

Sydney Superdome - 21,000

Bris Ent Cent - 13,500

Rod Laver Arena - 13,000

Adelaide Ent Cent - 12,000

WA - not sure of venue yet.

I think the sydney shows are either going to be 21,000 crazy cut snakes and therefore awesome.... or it may slightly be lacking in atmosphere in that huge barn. i should be up front with 178xxx but am hoping the rest of the place is hopping too. would love to hear 21,000 people sing the opening of betterman together.
    Thinking about doing the bris and melb shows too. its all about the $$!
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Hinny wrote:
    I know heaps of people who've sat exams earlier for all different reasons. Doing it late? VERY doubtful. I know people who failed exams and were offered an alternate assessment task after the exam as a 2nd chance, but I don't think sitting it late is an option.

you can sit early however

And my exams should be done by the 7th anyway, so im happy :D
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
    admire your patience you have not even had any shows annonced yet!
    lol thanks... i think its more a case of that i know its going to happen and thats enough good news for me... i know when the other shows are so i can plan my trip around those then just come home for the perth show.....

the thing that really gets me excited is the fact that the perth show could potentially be the last show of the Aussie tour AND the World Tour! now that would rock socks!

• soapyrowssoapyrows Posts: 235
    For Riot Act JJJ did a live at the wireless with an interview, plus they got album of the week so anything less than that this time around will be fairly dissapointing from JJJ

But then again since 2002 so much more crap is played on JJJ. Gnarls Barkley? Kanye West? Hip hop?! wtf?!

yeah JJJ's gone down the drain but that pj thing they did last tour was very nice indeed. i swear i'll be so angry if tripleM are promoting it!! bad, bad, BAD station!!!!!! lame comedians too
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • soapyrows wrote:
    yeah JJJ's gone down the drain but that pj thing they did last tour was very nice indeed. i swear i'll be so angry if tripleM are promoting it!! bad, bad, BAD station!!!!!! lame comedians too

Couldn't disagree more - almost every band/artist that isn't pop garbage gets broken by JJJ THEN played by the commercial networks - Missy Elliot, Hilltop Hoods, Dallas Crane, End Of Fashionm the list goes on and on
    www.blackredyellow.com - Posters & Insults
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Did everyone see the avocado (pearl jam) is number 2 on the album charts this week.
    only beaten by Tool's 10,000 days, which i must say is pretty good.
  • Major ClodMajor Clod Posts: 81
    Why do you say exactly?

As much as i don't like it, I have a gut feeling that it will be entirely seated simply cos (like the US) we have alot of 10C'ers (obviously not as many) and 10C'ers tend to prefer seated venues where you don't have to worry about other people around you.

I think Europe has a lot more 10C members, and they're all GA shows over there... I'm personally hoping for GA. Anyone given Ticketek a call yet to see if they have any idea??
    Did everyone see the avocado (pearl jam) is number 2 on the album charts this week.
    only beaten by Tool's 10,000 days, which i must say is pretty good.

at least its been beaten by a good band and not savage garden or some shite

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    i also get the feeling it'll be all seating.

edit : and that 10c will only be for the 1st shows.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

heyjose wrote:
    i also get the feeling it'll be all seating.

here's hoping

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    This never happened in 2003 when coppel did the tour, it was all done through 10C with tickets purchased using your 10C membership.

yes it did, we had to send a money order to coppel here is the old ten club email:

Dear Aussie TenClub Member:
    It¹s ticket time! Pearl Jam is coming to Australia in February 2003 and we want to give you an opportunity to
    purchase tickets through the fan club. We feel that it¹s high time we get the Aussie 10c members up front where they belong! You are receiving this letter because you are an active member of the Pearl Jam fan club, and you live in Australia. We have set aside tickets based on the number of fans in your respective state. So, we assume you will be attending the show closest to your area. If you wish to go to a show in a different state, we can¹t guarantee that there will be tickets available. If you live in a state that is not hosting a show, we will try to fit you into the show of your choice. Please remember, tickets are limited and based on a "first come, first serve" policy.

Each active member is entitled to purchase two (2) tickets for one show through the fan club. These tickets will be reserved for the best seats in the house. The seat selection will be based upon seniority, meaning the longer you have been a member of the fan club, the closer your seats will be to the stage. You will be notified of your seat selection when you pick up your tickets. Below you will find the ticket price for each show. payment for tickets will be in Australian Dollars and must be issued as a MONEY ORDER ONLY. no other form of payment will be accepted.

Please make your money order payable to: Michael Coppel Entertainment.
    Please include your full name, email address, and contact information along with your payment.
    Sat 8 Feb: BRISBANE Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Tue 11 Feb: SYDNEY Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Sun 16 Feb: ADELAIDE Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Tue 18 Feb: MELBOURNE Rod Laver Arena -- $170
    Sun 23 Feb: PERTH Burswood Dome -- $170
    These prices are for two (2) tickets total; $85 per ticket.

YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER AS OF NOVEMBER 4th 2002 TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCESS. Your membership in the Ten Club will be verified upon receipt of your money order. If you send in a payment and you¹re not a current member of the Ten Club, you risk losing the money.

Please send your payment to:
    Melanie Dymott
    Pearl Jam Fan Club - specify show*

*it is very important to specify the show of your choice: Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, or Perth on the
    outside of the envelope. Payments for tickets must be received by Wednesday 13th November. No exceptions.
    Once your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation number at your current email address.

Tickets will be received at the will call box office with a valid picture ID and confirmation number Be advised, fan club tickets are monitored and any reselling will result in termination from the fan club with all future ticketing privileges revoked.

Contact info@tenclub.net with questions.
    With that said ... We hope to see you there! And thanks for supporting Pearl Jam!

Rock & Roll,
    The Ten Club
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

Food poisoning from 3 day old left over pizza -- worked for me!!!

But then again, that was first year -- don't know how I'd feel if I was third year and nearly finishing my whole degree. I'd feel completely TORN between uni and Pearl Jam -- may not see Pearl Jam for another 3-6 years, but I can easily do another 6 years uni -- one night of Pearl Jam compared with 6 months of repeating a subject.

I can feel the uni students' pain....and I'm really glad I've finished uni and am not in this predicament.

I did Xmas subjects over the uni break and I had exams a week after the Brisbane I 2003 concert and that was stressful enough. I'd hate to have been organising a whole tour.

GOOD LUCK GUYS....it's a real shame the tour dates are the dates they are.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    yes it did, we had to send a money order to coppel here is the old ten club email:

Dear Aussie TenClub Member:
    It¹s ticket time! Pearl Jam is coming to Australia in February 2003 and we want to give you an opportunity to
    purchase tickets through the fan club. We feel that it¹s high time we get the Aussie 10c members up front where they belong! You are receiving this letter because you are an active member of the Pearl Jam fan club, and you live in Australia. We have set aside tickets based on the number of fans in your respective state. So, we assume you will be attending the show closest to your area. If you wish to go to a show in a different state, we can¹t guarantee that there will be tickets available. If you live in a state that is not hosting a show, we will try to fit you into the show of your choice. Please remember, tickets are limited and based on a "first come, first serve" policy.

Each active member is entitled to purchase two (2) tickets for one show through the fan club. These tickets will be reserved for the best seats in the house. The seat selection will be based upon seniority, meaning the longer you have been a member of the fan club, the closer your seats will be to the stage. You will be notified of your seat selection when you pick up your tickets. Below you will find the ticket price for each show. payment for tickets will be in Australian Dollars and must be issued as a MONEY ORDER ONLY. no other form of payment will be accepted.

Please make your money order payable to: Michael Coppel Entertainment.
    Please include your full name, email address, and contact information along with your payment.
    Sat 8 Feb: BRISBANE Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Tue 11 Feb: SYDNEY Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Sun 16 Feb: ADELAIDE Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Tue 18 Feb: MELBOURNE Rod Laver Arena -- $170
    Sun 23 Feb: PERTH Burswood Dome -- $170
    These prices are for two (2) tickets total; $85 per ticket.

YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER AS OF NOVEMBER 4th 2002 TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCESS. Your membership in the Ten Club will be verified upon receipt of your money order. If you send in a payment and you¹re not a current member of the Ten Club, you risk losing the money.

Please send your payment to:
    Melanie Dymott
    Pearl Jam Fan Club - specify show*
    Michael Coppel Presents
    PO Box 3030
    Prahran East
    Victoria Australia 3181
    *it is very important to specify the show of your choice: Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, or Perth on the
    outside of the envelope. Payments for tickets must be received by Wednesday 13th November. No exceptions.
    Once your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation number at your current email address.

Tickets will be received at the will call box office with a valid picture ID and confirmation number Be advised, fan club tickets are monitored and any reselling will result in termination from the fan club with all future ticketing privileges revoked.

Contact info@tenclub.net with questions.
    With that said ... We hope to see you there! And thanks for supporting Pearl Jam!

Rock & Roll,
    The Ten Club

Yes your right, I just dug this info out from my Pearl Jam File. It's amazing what you forget in three years. Great info though.
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• lol thanks... i think its more a case of that i know its going to happen and thats enough good news for me... i know when the other shows are so i can plan my trip around those then just come home for the perth show.....

the thing that really gets me excited is the fact that the perth show could potentially be the last show of the Aussie tour AND the World Tour! now that would rock socks![/quote
    i have always wanted to follow them on tour but family and work commits maybe some day
    in the far off distance as my tail-lights fade no one thinks to witness but they will someday!

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
This discussion has been closed.