Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• East Coast = 7.45am
    SA/NT = 7.15am
    WA = 5.45am

:D

i hope i can watch it at my m8s house cause i dont know if my 256K net can handle streaming visual.... :(
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • At least we know we'll be able to download it almost as soon as it finishes. Not quite the same as seeing it live though. Hopefully the Letterman website isn't borrowing the 10c server for the show!
    ||| lifewasted.net ||| Pearl Jam Fans Unite Down Under
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    At least we know we'll be able to download it almost as soon as it finishes. Not quite the same as seeing it live though. Hopefully the Letterman website isn't borrowing the 10c server for the show!

Yeah i haven't got high hopes for it running smoothly, do you realise how many fucking people the world over are gonna be trying to watch that fucking thing?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    My cardboard box of a computer won't be able to handle it.
    No webcast for me. :(
    Ian_L wrote:
    My cardboard box of a computer won't be able to handle it.
    No webcast for me. :(

Wow, do you have to draw the text on the screen with a crayon?
  • Oh a few reasons, such as

the fact that last time PJ toured he didn't want to give the Fan Club the best seats in the house, ei, the front rows, like the fan club promise their fans

PJ had to put a a fight to get said seats for the fans

He didn't give 10c tix to multiply shows and may not again

He has been known to smoke poll

O.K. i made the last one up:D

But yeah he generally doesn't like to give any fan club the best seats in the house, and has been known to give them to all his cronies, ie rich business types and accociates ect. who don't appriceate them as much as the fans would. but yeah he is the promoter and he gets the say of how and why tix are sold.

If that is the case, then it's gonna mean the whole tour will prob be seated?
    Who presented the '98 tour? I know the main reason to have seats in 2003 was cos of Roskilde, but since then they have done a South American tour with multiple 10,000's in attendance to GA shows...
    I wish GA!, Seating has it's benefits, but they're lost on this tall bloke....:D
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
    If that is the case, then it's gonna mean the whole tour will prob be seated?
    Who presented the '98 tour? I know the main reason to have seats in 2003 was cos of Roskilde, but since then they have done a South American tour with multiple 10,000's in attendance to GA shows...
    I wish GA!, Seating has it's benefits, but they're lost on this tall bloke....:D

No one sits at the show anyway, but i want seated, i hate G.A., G.A shows just seem to bring out the dickheads, like even at shows you don't expect to be fighting off people trying to push their way to the front(ex. bernard fanning). and with seated last time i had front row tix, so i want that shit again and not spend most of the night trying to stop some dick pushing past me and my 5 foot tall wife(yeah i know, she's a midget, and she'll tell ya she like 5"5 but it's the same shit)
  • No one sits at the show anyway, but i want seated, i hate G.A., G.A shows just seem to bring out the dickheads, like even at shows you don't expect to be fighting off people trying to push their way to the front(ex. bernard fanning). and with seated last time i had front row tix, so i want that shit again and not spend most of the night trying to stop some dick pushing past me and my 5 foot tall wife(yeah i know, she's a midget, and she'll tell ya she like 5"5 but it's the same shit)

Well yeah, no-one ever sits, and I'm gonna yell straight back at people who yell at me for standing if they fucking sit.
    That's the similar attitude that should be taken to idiots in the mosh-pit. I've always had good experiences in mosh pits, people generally help others who have fallen etc...but if there's a dickhead, you give 'em back what they serve - it's only fair.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    jemms wrote:
    I will be back on later tonight to listen to Balls to the Wall on syn 90.7 (free plug) http://www.syn.org.au <<< great station folks, 8-10pm perth time 10-12pm EST ;) seeyas then if you're on at all
    That's funny cause I have a friend who works (volunteers) at syn, he does The Hoist and The Wind Up.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    (dont roll your eyes at me!)

feb 2006 coppel gave rob thomas fc priority seating (NOT front row, but 2nd row onwards) and for the 3 GA shows we got 5 mins early entry

so he did ok, and fc membrs got fc for any gig (though is that actually a 10c rule about 1 show/fc, not a coppel rule?)

may 8th... is soon :D 2006 :D

250 posts in the past 24 hrs, nice, lol
    wah
  • RVM2003MFCRVM2003MFC Posts: 75
    Just a heads up for Sydney fans.... if this hasn't allready been said

I got wind that the Sydney show/s will be @ the superdome... So yeah...
    Thats a lot more people in one arena than the entertainment centre.
    though the foo fighters sold it out easily so i cant see how it would be that hard... though backing up for night 2 would be interesting.

The superdome does GA and it does seated shows.... Who knows...
    I hope that the fan club tickets arn't screwed around like last time. That was so shit
    - "I mean Good Charlotte are good. They just sound like someone shoved a popsical up someones ass!" Ed.

"I am ahead, I am advanced, I am the first man to borrow Stones leather pants."

Stone Gossard: Is the height of fashion. More poeple should take note, and learn from a master
    (dont roll your eyes at me!)

feb 2006 coppel gave rob thomas fc priority seating (NOT front row, but 2nd row onwards) and for the 3 GA shows we got 5 mins early entry

so he did ok, and fc membrs got fc for any gig (though is that actually a 10c rule about 1 show/fc, not a coppel rule?)

may 8th... is soon :D 2006 :D

250 posts in the past 24 hrs, nice, lol

Yeah we can all speculate about the tour dates, venues, 10c tix, seated, G.A. ect. all we want but no one's gonna really know til the shit is officially announced. me personally i'm getting a little tired of all the talk, we've still got til november to see them, i'm gonna seriously have Pearl Jam Burn Out by then
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    I noticed the missing ‘had a’ in the RS article, I keep turning the page back and forth thinking I’d missed something. Then I continued reading, and I’m confused cause am I the only one that noticed the other HUGE mistake.

That they repeated an entire paragraph from page 45 on page 46. It said...

“You hear other music and you’re critical. The more popular it is, the more critical you become. And that’s exactly the situation we didn’t want to be in,” he continues. “We

Next page...

mission to sabotage our career, and we succeeded. But we are much happier now. “You hear other music and you’re critical. The more popular it is, the more critical you become. And that’s exactly the situation we didn’t want to be in,” he continues. “We know people were criticising our music at the time and, to be honest, I was thinking, ‘OK, maybe this is not our best, but in 10 years time we will do our best work, so please cut us some slack.’”

So the whole ‘mission to sabotage...’ bit wasn’t even suppose to be there.

The funniest part is that I have friend who just yesterday had an article published in a paddling magazine, and the same thing happed but worse, they repeated like 300 words, twice. It was about a paddling trip and part of day 3 comes before day 2 then back to day 3, it useless. Originally I blamed the grapho, they should now about linking text boxes (I’m a grapho), but really its the editors fault, the article doesn’t even make sense anymore.
  • Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    RVM2003MFC wrote:
    Just a heads up for Sydney fans.... if this hasn't allready been said

I got wind that the Sydney show/s will be @ the superdome... So yeah...
    Thats a lot more people in one arena than the entertainment centre.
    though the foo fighters sold it out easily so i cant see how it would be that hard... though backing up for night 2 would be interesting.

The superdome does GA and it does seated shows.... Who knows...
    I hope that the fan club tickets arn't screwed around like last time. That was so shit

Cool, thanks. :)
  • edwardovedderedwardovedder Posts: 331
    No one sits at the show anyway, but i want seated, i hate G.A., G.A shows just seem to bring out the dickheads, like even at shows you don't expect to be fighting off people trying to push their way to the front(ex. bernard fanning). and with seated last time i had front row tix, so i want that shit again and not spend most of the night trying to stop some dick pushing past me and my 5 foot tall wife(yeah i know, she's a midget, and she'll tell ya she like 5"5 but it's the same shit)

yeh but it sounds like shes hot :)
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i'm gonna seriously have Pearl Jam Burn Out by then

please don't! lol
    wah
    dodgy sub editing that is! lol
    - "I mean Good Charlotte are good. They just sound like someone shoved a popsical up someones ass!" Ed.

Stone Gossard: Is the height of fashion. More poeple should take note, and learn from a master
    Yeah we can all speculate about the tour dates, venues, 10c tix, seated, G.A. ect. all we want but no one's gonna really know til the shit is officially announced. me personally i'm getting a little tired of all the talk, we've still got til november to see them, i'm gonna seriously have Pearl Jam Burn Out by then

i agree totally man
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
    Gib wrote:
    I noticed the missing ‘had a’ in the RS article, I keep turning the page back and forth thinking I’d missed something. Then I continued reading, and I’m confused cause am I the only one that noticed the other HUGE mistake.

That they repeated an entire paragraph from page 45 on page 46. It said...

“You hear other music and you’re critical. The more popular it is, the more critical you become. And that’s exactly the situation we didn’t want to be in,” he continues. “We

Next page...

mission to sabotage our career, and we succeeded. But we are much happier now. “You hear other music and you’re critical. The more popular it is, the more critical you become. And that’s exactly the situation we didn’t want to be in,” he continues. “We know people were criticising our music at the time and, to be honest, I was thinking, ‘OK, maybe this is not our best, but in 10 years time we will do our best work, so please cut us some slack.’”

So the whole ‘mission to sabotage...’ bit wasn’t even suppose to be there.

The funniest part is that I have friend who just yesterday had an article published in a paddling magazine, and the same thing happed but worse, they repeated like 300 words, twice. It was about a paddling trip and part of day 3 comes before day 2 then back to day 3, it useless. Originally I blamed the grapho, they should now about linking text boxes (I’m a grapho), but really its the editors fault, the article doesn’t even make sense anymore.

i dont see how those kinds of mistakes can happen, even i know how to link text boxes, and then for the proof readers not to pick it up, it really doesnt matter, but i mean for a magazine the size of RS, its pretty poor
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277

I dunno

I went to the Disturbed/Korn gig at Vodafone last week and some fat bitch behind us kept tugging on my sisters arm saying "Can you sit down please?" "Sit down i cant see Its not fair"

As the lead singer from distrubed said "If you've never been to a metal concert before stand the fuck up. THose chairs are worthless. I dont mean tear the chairs up, you leave those fucknig chairs alone. but you stand. This aint on tv, where you can sit at home with one hand down your pants and the other on the remote control"

Meanwhile Korn were shit. Which was dissapointing cos i'd heard they are good live, but disturbed = killer show. I hope they do a stand alone later in the year
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
    i dont see how those kinds of mistakes can happen, even i know how to link text boxes, and then for the proof readers not to pick it up, it really doesnt matter, but i mean for a magazine the size of RS, its pretty poor

mistakes happen.

i've worked in magazine and errors like that when they run over pages or what ever it can happen.
    not always the text box linkage is the problem.
    The text would have been flowed in the boxes, but when sub editing mistakes can happen.

everyone should just relax. ;)

RVM2003MFC wrote:
    mistakes happen.

everyone should just relax. ;)

It don't bother me, I can't read:(
    yeh but it sounds like shes hot :)

And that made me laugh
  • RyfishRyfish Posts: 1
    Sloth2 wrote:
    I dunno

I went to the Disturbed/Korn gig at Vodafone last week and some fat bitch behind us kept tugging on my sisters arm saying "Can you sit down please?" "Sit down i cant see Its not fair"

As the lead singer from distrubed said "If you've never been to a metal concert before stand the fuck up. THose chairs are worthless. I dont mean tear the chairs up, you leave those fucknig chairs alone. but you stand. This aint on tv, where you can sit at home with one hand down your pants and the other on the remote control"

Meanwhile Korn were shit. Which was dissapointing cos i'd heard they are good live, but disturbed = killer show. I hope they do a stand alone later in the year

I was at that one aswell, didn't have a fat bitch next to me though but I understand the pain, I got stuck next to one at Pearl Jam in Sydney 03.
    I thought Korn went alright. I don't think Hatebreed playing before Disturbed did Disturbed any favours, it made them seem soft. Hatebreed were awesome though.

BTW will Pearl Jam on Letterman air down here on Friday night?
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    Sloth2 wrote:
    I dunno

my friend went to that show and told me that security was a complte joke. their group had seats in the upper level which they never went to and ended up on the front part of the floor.

this is a problem with GA shows.. people being where are not suposed to be. with seats you can tell people to get the fuck out of your seats and go back where they are supposed to be.

korn.. well korn was done in 2000, they are touring for money now. nu-metal fell by the wayside and their latest releases show that.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Ryfish wrote:
    I was at that one aswell, didn't have a fat bitch next to me though but I understand the pain, I got stuck next to one at Pearl Jam in Sydney 03.
    I thought Korn went alright. I don't think Hatebreed playing before Disturbed did Disturbed any favours, it made them seem soft. Hatebreed were awesome though.

BTW will Pearl Jam on Letterman air down here on Friday night?

they are in S.A so i assume they are for all states.....

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    East Coast = 7.45am
    SA/NT = 7.15am
    WA = 5.45am

:D

Sweet! You are fu\@#$in legend!
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    pazman wrote:
    Sweet! You are fu\@#$in legend!

lol except for the fact that he just told you that we have to get up at 5.45am!

i hope its not too cold tomorrow morning...... thank god my computer is next to my bed :D

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • lol except for the fact that he just told you that we have to get up at 5.45am!

i hope its not too cold tomorrow morning...... thank god my computer is next to my bed :D
    its great isnt it? my comp is right next to my bed 2! i hope the streaming works!! glad i dont have to wake up too early to watch it...

• worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    its brilliant! lol im up to the 100th episode of sailor moon on youtube.com! much better than tv!

if nothing is everything i would have it all
This discussion has been closed.