Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• I don't think we'll have any problems with getting 10C tickets, there aren't that many fans in these parts compared to the US and Europe. Unless of course they have only reserved 10 spots per show, then we're in trouble! :P

Who is doing an east coast run?? We need a big tour bus! I'm still trying to decide between roadtrip or flying....
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    $80-90 seem good to me. With multiple shows in each city, do you think they will anounce them all at one time or just the one and then when that sells out announce another one. Being a 10c member, do they give you the opportunity to buy for 2nd and 3rd shows also, or only the first one? Just want to know because I'm sure the first show is going to sell out FAST and if 10c don't reserve seats for the other concerts, I'll probably have to get my ass down to ticketek/ticketmaster which I really don't want to do!

BTW, I pretty sure I'm doing the East Coast run, maybe not Brisbane with money restraints. I'll definitely book a ticket on that bus :)
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Major Clod wrote:
    I don't think we'll have any problems with getting 10C tickets, there aren't that many fans in these parts compared to the US and Europe. Unless of course they have only reserved 10 spots per show, then we're in trouble! :P

Who is doing an east coast run?? We need a big tour bus! I'm still trying to decide between roadtrip or flying....

Adelaides the best place ot be a 10c member in the world haha
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • I'm doing the east coast! AAGHHHH EXCITING!!

we already had bus plans about 6 months ago. But it seemed to fail.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    Gennibean wrote:
    $80-90 seem good to me. With multiple shows in each city, do you think they will anounce them all at one time or just the one and then when that sells out announce another one. Being a 10c member, do they give you the opportunity to buy for 2nd and 3rd shows also, or only the first one? Just want to know because I'm sure the first show is going to sell out FAST and if 10c don't reserve seats for the other concerts, I'll probably have to get my ass down to ticketek/ticketmaster which I really don't want to do!

theyll announce one show per city, then add them when they sell out. dont reckon 10c will have tickets for added shows, but they might. fucking hope so.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    theyll announce one show per city, then add them when they sell out. dont reckon 10c will have tickets for added shows, but they might. fucking hope so.

either way we will get 10c tickets for atleast 1 show per city... last tour we couldnt get 10c tickets to multiple show that better change this year.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I would've thought that they'll annouce 2 concerts (Syd) straight away and 10c will give us the option of both. Any other concerts added are just open slather.
    Anyone remember how they did it in 03?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    DonJon wrote:
    I would've thought that they'll annouce 2 concerts (Syd) straight away and 10c will give us the option of both. Any other concerts added are just open slather.
    Anyone remember how they did it in 03?

they announced 2 shows in Syd and Melb plus 1 in other cities... I think?

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Cheers. Answered me before I could ask.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Zoso wrote:

nope. one show per city, then 2 extra in melbourne and sydney were added when tickets sold out in 30 minutes. 1 extra brisbane show was added about three days later. they may aswell announce 2 shows in sydney and melbourne becuase theyre gonna sell out.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Ok just wanna confirm people opinions again, but the best way for us non 10C'ers to get good tickets is to buy on the internet and not line-up at a ticket agency? (despite the fact my ticket agency is very efficient and in the past has sold us tickets literally 1 or 2 minutes after 9:00am)...

I'll prob wanna go to Melb and Syd... stupid ticketek and ticketmaster...

If I do do it over the net, I'm gonna get way too paranoid about something fucking up....
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
    Ok just wanna confirm people opinions again, but the best way for us non 10C'ers to get good tickets is to buy on the internet and not line-up at a ticket agency? (despite the fact my ticket agency is very efficient and in the past has sold us tickets literally 1 or 2 minutes after 9:00am)...

I'll prob wanna go to Melb and Syd... stupid ticketek and ticketmaster...

If I do do it over the net, I'm gonna get way too paranoid about something fucking up....

i dunno mate, ive always gone internet but do what you want. im hoping its general admission, that way you can have one person at the ticket booth and one on the net. if the net fucks up, the person in line can get a few extras, or vice versa.

lifewasted.net
    Yeah, I've had good and bad experiences with the web. For U2, the site went down or you couldn't get through for ages, luckily I had someone in Wollongong who raced down and got them for me, and there was no one there. I'm thinking for the first concert I'll buy through 10c of course, and if they don't offer additional shows through 10c, I'll go down to Wollongong and buy them in person (chuck a sickie at work:)).

The web works for some though, I think I just might have bad luck with it, so I'd rather get the tix in person and have them in my hot little hands :)
    nope. one show per city, then 2 extra in melbourne and sydney were added when tickets sold out in 30 minutes. 1 extra brisbane show was added about three days later. they may aswell announce 2 shows in sydney and melbourne becuase theyre gonna sell out.

ah ok I knew it was either one...

• PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Zoso wrote:
    correct

then ended up doin 3 in syd an melb an 2 in brisbane

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    will it be from 9am to buy tix?

hope its not a wednesday :eek:

i had to get up 4am to buy rob t tix :eek:
    wah
    Pappas wrote:
    correct

then ended up doin 3 in syd an melb an 2 in brisbane

incorrect. one show was announced in all cities initially, then extras were added after.

lifewasted.net
  • im kind of upset as i am most likely going to miss out on a show in november :(
    will a show most likely be on a fri/sat/sun ??
    and im also hoping that the show is exactly on the 17/18th of november..however it is unlikely
    looks like im going to miss pearl jam and U2
    unless pearl jam sydney show is on december 2nd as rumoured (hopes)
    lets just hope i catch my fav band RHCP
    will it be from 9am to buy tix?

hope its not a wednesday :eek:

i had to get up 4am to buy rob t tix :eek:

yeah that was a hassle :eek:

• im kind of upset as i am most likely going to miss out on a show in november :(
    will a show most likely be on a fri/sat/sun ??
    and im also hoping that the show is exactly on the 17/18th of november..however it is unlikely
    looks like im going to miss pearl jam and U2
    unless pearl jam sydney show is on december 2nd as rumoured (hopes)
    lets just hope i catch my fav band RHCP

yeah I'm worried too, first half of Nov is taken up for me by my exam period.

I am also hoping the rumour was correct - late november and early december tour. But all the articles and coppel's site and everything says a tour in JUST November and only November. In that case I hope the rumour has some fact that Perth is first and Melbourne is last......ahh fuck it.....exams of final year of Uni or PJ?! no thinking about it! :D
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • Gennibean wrote:
    Yeah, I've had good and bad experiences with the web. For U2, the site went down or you couldn't get through for ages, luckily I had someone in Wollongong who raced down and got them for me, and there was no one there. I'm thinking for the first concert I'll buy through 10c of course, and if they don't offer additional shows through 10c, I'll go down to Wollongong and buy them in person (chuck a sickie at work:)).

The web works for some though, I think I just might have bad luck with it, so I'd rather get the tix in person and have them in my hot little hands :)

I'll be in that line with ya buddy :D
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • yeah I'm worried too, first half of Nov is taken up for me by my exam period.

I am also hoping the rumour was correct - late november and early december tour. But all the articles and coppel's site and everything says a tour in JUST November and only November. In that case I hope the rumour has some fact that Perth is first and Melbourne is last......ahh fuck it.....exams of final year of Uni or PJ?! no thinking about it! :D

final year of uni?? u can just fail that and then redo your year and then get your degree!
    im doing HSC at that time...and if u screw that one chance..you dont get another..lol fuk it they will put u2 on a friday/saturday night and im going
    as for PJ i hope early december as i come back from schoolies
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Zoso wrote:
    yeah that was a hassle :eek:

oh he uses SMILEYS now! :D :eek: :D

2006 :D
    wah
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Hi All

Been away for a while, working in Wollongong and no internet access...

I know, how can i go on?

Just in case this has been mentioned, apologies, as I havent been able to read the 100-odd pages that ive missed.

Firstly, I received an email from Amazon.com, saying that since Ihad bought stuff from there, they thought I would like a studio version of Life Wasted.

They're clever aren't they??? Of course I fucken would!!!

So if anyone doesnt have it and wants me to email them the email I got from Amazon, PM me and ill send it through today :)

Second, on ninemsn (im guessing this is common knowledge) they have a 8 minute interviews/4 songs with the whole band. It's in they Style of Single Video Theory.

That can be accessed on the ninemsn homepage, then clicking on Entertainment, pretty impressive.

This as interesting as I hadnt heard some of the songs before. In saying that, pretty happy with Life Wasted from the Amazon link :)

Cheers all
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Lots of Wollongong references in here today! :p

:eek:...just for you stella :p
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
  • itsariotitsariot Posts: 3
    i'm just going to say that pearl jam is the greatest sinced sliced bread. since elvis. this is my first post. ever. for anything.
    looking forward to the new cd with GREAT enthusiasm.
    you have no idea.
    been hooked since a friend suggested i hear "release" way back in 1991....she said, "hey, listen to this....."
    like i said, the best thing ever.
    "The real joy of life is in its play. Play is anything we
    do for the joy and love of doing it, apart from any profit, compulsion or sense of duty....."
  • palmspalms Posts: 4
    i agree. i've just read the article in the daily telegraph, sydney live section and i am so excited.....i have a wet patch
  • itsariot wrote:
    i'm just going to say that pearl jam is the greatest sinced sliced bread. since elvis. this is my first post. ever. for anything.
    looking forward to the new cd with GREAT enthusiasm.
    you have no idea.
    been hooked since a friend suggested i hear "release" way back in 1991....she said, "hey, listen to this....."
    like i said, the best thing ever.

let me be the first to say welcome and have fun in here ;)

2006!

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    Hi newbie, Welcome! It's a good day to be here today, we are all so happpppyyyy! :)
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    surprised how much ticketing/show conjecture is coming up now. have you guys ONLY been in this thread and not on any other parts of pj.com in the last few months?

incase you guys havent noticed... things have changed alot in the way of 10C tickets for this tour...

it is true that in previous oz tours you have only been able to get 10c to only 1 show... but that was more often then not the case everywhere (with exceptions such as msg 03).
    given what we've seen from the canadian tour last year and the upcoming us and europe legs it is safe to assume that all announced shows where there is 10C tickets, these tickets will be available (in limited supply) to ALL 10C members.

thats the easy stuff

what most of you seemed to have missed is the way shows are announced. obviously when looking at starting list of tour dates there gaps where extra or "rollover" shows can be added. this tour, for the first time, they have made it possible to get 10C tickets to these additionally added shows. in the past fanclub seats have been available for the initial shows but then you're on your own with the rest of the public to stay inline/online/on the phone to see if extra shows are announced. Now the fanclub offers the oppurtunity to reserve tickets to shows that havent yet be announced. if the show isnt added you get a full refund on the ticket purchase.

last of all i'm surprised people arent taking the rumoured tour dates that have been around for months now seriously.

Thu November 23 - Members Equity Stadium - Perth
    Sun November 26 - Memorial Drive Tennis Centre - Adelaide
    Tue November 28 - Entertainment Centre - Brisbane
    Fri December 01 - Entertainment Centre - Newcastle
    Sat December 02 - Entertainment Centre - Sydney
    Tue December 05 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne
    Fri December 08 - Myer Music Bowl – Melbourne

this fits the time frame almost perfectly, while it does spill into december i dont think that means anything. what this list does show is that they're keeping in their theme of not tour this country the same way twice. it is also easy to work out the rollover shows.... brisbane wed 29 nov, sydney sun 3 dec, melb (RLA) wed dec 6. they have also space for a second perth shows but i cant see that happening.

think i'm done here... hope this clarifies a few thing for people who need to get outta this thread and onto the rest of the board/website... hehehe

peace
    wr

if nothing is everything i would have it all
This discussion has been closed.