Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Good morning..... :D

TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR....

Ahhh....why bother! The bastards never listen to me anyway! ;)

But just in case Ed drops in for a visit, one more time:

TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR TO-UR....

I had a PJ dream last night! Leigh was next to me and talking to Ed and they both ignored me and started hitting it off like they were old buddies!!!! Pricks!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    hey guys, my mate in england called me last nite during and after the pearl jam show. he couldnt believe how good it was, said they had so much energy and raw power. hes been to about 6 pearl jam shows before and he said they were rockin the most on this one. said they played all rocking tunes, said eddie was spinnin the mic around during alive ala pinkpop etc, he was right at the front in the mosh, all standing room. couldnt believe how good they were an how good eddies voice is atm.

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    Murder wrote:
    I hope their not tired when they get here, The thing I dont like about them coming here last is that they will have already ruled out some of the new songs that don't work live. Maybe I'm wrong, but the experiments are usually at the start of the tour arn't they?

theyve always toured australia at the start of the tour and played average sets. at the end of a tour they begin to play rarer songs. im stoked theyre coming after everywhere else.

and for the record, im sure itll be november. we gotta remember that the KOL site is also an official site - pearl jam aren't the only ones in the world capable of releasing official news ;)
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Pappas wrote:
    hey guys, my mate in england called me last nite during and after the pearl jam show. he couldnt believe how good it was, said they had so much energy and raw power. hes been to about 6 pearl jam shows before and he said they were rockin the most on this one. said they played all rocking tunes, said eddie was spinnin the mic around during alive ala pinkpop etc, he was right at the front in the mosh, all standing room. couldnt believe how good they were an how good eddies voice is atm.

awwww sweet!

during what song?
    wah
  • rimbrimb Posts: 36
    theyve always toured australia at the start of the tour and played average sets. at the end of a tour they begin to play rarer songs. im stoked theyre coming after everywhere else.

Very good point Judd - I hadn't thought about that.

Can't wait to see them again, this time as a well-oiled machine!
  • Astoria Setlist:

Soundcheck: World Wide Suicide, Little Sister, Present Tense, Sad, Marker In The Sand, Man Of The Hour, Small Town, Why Go

Main Set: World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Gone, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Present Tense, Better Man, Marker in the Sand, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore 1: Man Of The Hour, Given To Fly, Small Town, Porch

Encore 2: Comatose, Leavin' Here, Yellow Ledbetter

Encore 3: Alive

In addition, Boom did not play with the band at this show. The Alive solo was played behind Mike's head. The band sounded better than ever. The crowd was great, energy was high. Let the tour begin everyone!

Well that was the start of the tour and its not an average set..

The only average songs are I am mine, man of the hour, small town, betterman and evenflow.

And they come out after ledbetter to play ALIVE!! :D
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Murder wrote:
    Astoria Setlist:

Soundcheck: World Wide Suicide, Little Sister, Present Tense, Sad, Marker In The Sand, Man Of The Hour, Small Town, Why Go

Main Set: World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Gone, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Present Tense, Better Man, Marker in the Sand, Do The Evolution, Why Go

In addition, Boom did not play with the band at this show. The Alive solo was played behind Mike's head. The band sounded better than ever. The crowd was great, energy was high. Let the tour begin everyone!

The only average songs are I am mine, man of the hour, small town, betterman and evenflow.

that is pretty damn cool! man i love it when they start touring again :D and cant wait to; 1. hear some of these new songs and 2. hear em all live ;)
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    Murder wrote:
    Astoria Setlist:

go back and compare australia 2003 to US leg 2 2003 and your doubts will be answered.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • theyve always toured australia at the start of the tour and played average sets. at the end of a tour they begin to play rarer songs. im stoked theyre coming after everywhere else.

and for the record, im sure itll be november. we gotta remember that the KOL site is also an official site - pearl jam aren't the only ones in the world capable of releasing official news ;)

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing the other week. In early 2003 Eddie forgot some words at one of the Brissy shows, and then in Sydney the band made a few mistakes, but we're all alowed to aren't we? ;)
    Then reading the set list/concert information of five horizons and two feet thick the end of the Riot Act tour looked phenomenal! Some of the last few sets had three encores, went over time and overall coments were that the band played their best stuff toward the end.
    Also the last few concerts of the South American tour looked like they were a bit better than the first few??

Well oiled machine seems very much true. A well oiled old car with a new engine! Bring on end of world wide tour in Australia/NZ!!!!!!!
    If those rumours are true then Perth will be the very very last concert right?
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
    Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing the other week. In early 2003 Eddie forgot some words at one of the Brissy shows, and then in Sydney the band made a few mistakes, but we're all alowed to aren't we? ;)
    Then reading the set list/concert information of five horizons and two feet thick the end of the Riot Act tour looked phenomenal! Some of the last few sets had three encores, went over time and overall coments were that the band played their best stuff toward the end.
    Also the last few concerts of the South American tour looked like they were a bit better than the first few??

Well oiled machine seems very much true. A well oiled old car with a new engine! Bring on end of world wide tour in Australia/NZ!!!!!!!
    If those rumours are true then Perth will be the very very last concert right?

first. the rumoured dates are:

11/23/06 Perth AUSTRALIA Members Equity Stadium
    11/26/06 Adelaide AUSTRALIA Memorial Drive Tennis Centre
    11/28/06 Brisbane AUSTRALIA Entertainment Centre
    12/01/06 Newcastle AUSTRALIA Entertainment Centre
    12/02/06 Sydney AUSTRALIA Entertainment Centre
    12/05/06 Melbourne AUSTRALIA Rod Laver Arena
    12/08/06 Melbourne AUSTRALIA Sidney Myer Music Bowl

lifewasted.net
  • Ah thts right...sweet! If this is true, I'll go to up to Sydney and down to Melbourne.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • Oh yeh, I realise shows like state college and NYC were 1,000 times better than say brisbane. But I thought that was because of the location not because how far into the tour they were.
    Murder wrote:
    Oh yeh, I realise shows like state college and NYC were 1,000 times better than say brisbane. But I thought that was because of the location not because how far into the tour they were.

bit of both. but put it this way: at the start of the tour theyre going to play more new stuff and less old stuff because its fresher. now, im not saying that i dont wanna hear the newer stuff, but i have more chance of getting my favourite semi-rare songs played at shows towards the end of a tour - eg. present tense, hti, in hiding, in my tree... leash :D... etc etc. it is a general consensus that shows at the end of a tour are the best. its how it works for most bands.

lifewasted.net
  • bit of both. but put it this way: at the start of the tour theyre going to play more new stuff and less old stuff because its fresher. now, im not saying that i dont wanna hear the newer stuff, but i have more chance of getting my favourite semi-rare songs played at shows towards the end of a tour - eg. present tense, hti, in hiding, in my tree... leash :D... etc etc. it is a general consensus that shows at the end of a tour are the best. its how it works for most bands.
    Yeh, makes sense. I think I'm gonna go to 4 shows if those tour dates are correct.

I hope to hear:
    Hard To Imagine
    God's Dice
    Ghost
    I got ID
    Light Years
    Present tense
    Down or sad

:D:D
  • Who let this fall all the way back here.

Anyway just pre-ordered my copy of the Av. Had a bit of a chat to the guy a tthe counter and he said his fav album is No Code and that he was hearing alot of talk about this album being as good as that one. I asked him if he had heard anything about a tour and he gave a guess he heard - 'after august'.
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    astoria gig got me thinking... i'd love to see pj play a theatre show here. i doubt anyone's a fan, but catching travis @the regent theatre here in melb (now home to the lion king) was brilliant. such good sound (rod laver arena SUCKS for sound) and such a cool intimate vibe. of course, i doubt that will happen here, soooo stadiums it is.

speaking of stadiums in oz, anyone listen back to the boots and think, wtf, how lame are our crowds?!?! i mean granted they're often a bit smaller in size than US crowds, but come on. i think when the tour rolls around im gonna be going off my nut trying to fire everyone up.

i agree with ya judd and others - it'd be better to get em down under at the end rather than at the start.. maybe the guys aren't as tight at the start of the touring.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    peaaarl jam!!!!
    tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour! tour!

PEAAARL JAM!!!!

sorry im bored and drunk. please forgive me
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • Any other aussies in here on a new album black out or is it just me?

Seems like every pr!ck has already heard the album!

It's sooooo tempting to jump on Kazaa and start dl-ing but i'm gonna stick solid til next saturday.
    dont give in! ^^ :D :eek:

ur right bout oz crowds!

my friend went to canada last month for some other artist gigs and security had to tell the front row to stand up cos IT WAS A FREAKING ROCK CONCERT

gah!

love the astoria set :)

9 avos wade, shame :o
    wah
    HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY JOEL!

:D

lotsa taureans here... :o

that's taurean right?

have a GREAT one ;)
    wah
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    first. the rumoured dates are:

11/23/06 Perth AUSTRALIA Members Equity Stadium
    11/26/06 Adelaide AUSTRALIA Memorial Drive Tennis Centre
    11/28/06 Brisbane AUSTRALIA Entertainment Centre
    12/01/06 Newcastle AUSTRALIA Entertainment Centre
    12/02/06 Sydney AUSTRALIA Entertainment Centre
    12/05/06 Melbourne AUSTRALIA Rod Laver Arena
    12/08/06 Melbourne AUSTRALIA Sidney Myer Music Bowl

i hate to say this, but im really couting on three shows in each of sydney and melbourne. with that number of shows on the last two tours they need to keep it up!
    Murder wrote:
    Oh yeh, I realise shows like state college and NYC were 1,000 times better than say brisbane. But I thought that was because of the location not because how far into the tour they were.

state college was a strange show. buffalo the night before was an all round better show, not as "hey lets play satan's bed". i doubt that location had anything to do with it.

the start of every leg of the past tour has been tamer compared to the ending shows. go back to 1998 and look at the los angeles and seattle shows and compare them to say mansfield and nyc of that year. as the tour goes on more rare songs come out!! :D
    my friend went to canada last month for some other artist gigs and security had to tell the front row to stand up cos IT WAS A FREAKING ROCK CONCERT

what band was this for? celine dion or something?
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • hey peps have all the new album lyrics on my blog on myspace

http://blog.myspace.com/seanmontgomery
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY JOEL!

lotsa taureans here... :o

that's taurean right?

have a GREAT one ;)

hehe thanks Stell :D

Had an awesome day with the girl..walk on beach, lobsters for lunch..very civilised! Came home and let her listen to some new Guac and was impressed ;)

Astoria set rocked alright :cool:

Bring on the touuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Those photos of Ed at the Astoria are hot. I hope he still looks like that when they're here in November. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Any other aussies in here on a new album black out or is it just me?

Seems like every pr!ck has already heard the album!

It's sooooo tempting to jump on Kazaa and start dl-ing but i'm gonna stick solid til next saturday.

Hey Chief

Only heard the two songs at the moment, havent even had a chance to catch the Saturday Night Live performance of Severed Hand.

Not long now, so says my desktop countdown :)

Here's a question, when time is up, will it come up with a message like:

"ALBUM IS OUT FUCKERS!!!!!!!! GOT AND GET IT!!!"

justa thought
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    guys, we just moved to page 2, when was the last time that happened?!!! How dare you people all have lives on a friday night!!!! Still have only heard WWS, my computer is enforcing a black out on everything else, including the snl clips which i thought i had up and running but don't!!! Ah well, I keep telling myself that it's for the best and it means i'll really enjoy the album when it comes out, but i'm not sure the placating is working!!! Am off to see gary the computer guy tomorrow so he can tell me what to do (he built the stupid thing, surely he can tame it!!!). Hope you guys have rocking weekends!

the thread fell to page two again!

shit, i hope your comp starts behaving itself again soon so you can watch snl and all the great stuff about to come out! i can never win either with technology.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
    uuuuuuuuup

sounds awesome joel! :) hope u have a nice weekend too

2006 :D
    wah
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    To ur! To ur! To ur!
    Nov ember! Nov ember! Nov ember!

Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Exactly one week from now we'll all have our copy of Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam!
    so excited!
  • Anyone else seen the Life wasted video yet??

Looks fiiiiiine!
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
This discussion has been closed.