Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    WHAAAAT?!!! 8o DAMN YOU!

i was just in the muses on tuesday doing exactly the same thing!! and i saw no pearl jam bag!!! just your usual crap (slipknot, 50 cent etc). Please tell me there were some left?

were u the dude wearing the green jacket blocking the 'p' section :eek: thats the 2nd time this month that's happened! :eek:

i didnt look for more :o
    wah
    If they have a pit, I still think it'd be more likely seated like last time, well i hope anyway, front row tix again baby!!!!

damn you :D 3rd row, cant complain! maybe 4th.. seems to be lotsa new members!
    wah
  • how much do u think JB-HiFi will have the new album for? it says on their website 21 bucks. i hope thats true. I will be getting it on the 28th :)
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    hey aussies!
    i just recently got into pearl jam listening to their greatest hits and Ten. Now ive heard they are coming here in november! but that might be a bad thing because i have HSC and straight after HSC i am going to a beach house with friends so i might miss out :(
    anyway can sum1 tell me if its alot better to purchase a seat ticket over the internet? im assuming ticketek will sell sydney shows. I dont know if i should get GA. I was at the recent foo fighters gig and had a seat and thought id rather be in the pit at the time..still had fun though!
    any suggestions?

Looks like your questions have been answered by some knowlegable folk. Welcome to the board.

Good to see your musical tastes are finally maturing. In a couple more years you'll realise that PJ is actually more important than your HSC.

Pardon the sarcasm. Welcome again and just wait for a concert - they're pretty good!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    damn you :D 3rd row, cant complain! maybe 4th.. seems to be lotsa new members!

and i scored 5th row for the second night, and they weren't even 10c tix! i'm hopeing it is seated and that a few of the older members might have let there membership lapse so this time i'll be centre stage right in front of ed. last time i was right in front of mike which was cool just to sit there and watch him rock out, and he i swear he was looking down my wife's top(or maybe just at her) and then looking at me and giving me a sly smile, it was funny shit.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Yeah I know, I guess he has to entertain the listeners with swipes and little jokes.

they have some good stories to tell. i remember one about chris cornell totally barring them when they met him at a bar. apparently he just didnt want anything to do with them. so they think he's a douche after idolising him.
    "When you control the mail, you control... INFORMATION"

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'
  • DonJon wrote:
    Looks like your questions have been answered by some knowlegable folk. Welcome to the board.

Good to see your musical tastes are finally maturing. In a couple more years you'll realise that PJ is actually more important than your HSC.

Pardon the sarcasm. Welcome again and just wait for a concert - they're pretty good!

when i did my hsc i used pj in my english exams.

i used do the evolution video for something about imagery and also even flow for something else...cant remember.

you could get lucky and get fan marking them...
    "When you control the mail, you control... INFORMATION"

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'
    and i scored 5th row for the second night, and they weren't even 10c tix! i'm hopeing it is seated and that a few of the older members might have let there membership lapse so this time i'll be centre stage right in front of ed. last time i was right in front of mike which was cool just to sit there and watch him rock out, and he i swear he was looking down my wife's top(or maybe just at her) and then looking at me and giving me a sly smile, it was funny shit.

hahahaa funny! :D he was jealous of ya ;)

5th row not on 10c, yeh id be happy with that :eek:

that has ed talked to u thread is hilarious, anyone here had ed talk to em at a show?
    wah
  • how much do u think JB-HiFi will have the new album for? it says on their website 21 bucks. i hope thats true. I will be getting it on the 28th :)

Good ol' JB. This will be the only occaision I pay more than $20 for a CD.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    i know! im so stoked! :D

i actually never looked thru the rest :eek: its nice and thick too, not some cheap crappy material :eek:

AND THIS DOES NOT COUNT AS CLOTHES SHOPPING ZIG!

;)

Ohhhhh......where did you get the bag from? Can you post a picture....if I like it, I might ring them and see if I can buy it....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    And noooo, that doesn't count as clothes shopping!!!! :D:D:D JUST!!! ;)
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    so u think unemployable is the worst song on the album?
    geez....i like that song so it must be a fucking brilliant album!!

big wave i remember not doing it for me, and i think a lot of others have said the same.

judd - totally get whatchyersayin about the conisistency. i guess yield for me... the transcending vibe of it, the style of songwriting, the sound.. brain of j, faithfull, gtf, wishlist, pilate (i know, but the bridge just kills me), dte, mfc, low light, in hiding, push me, pull me.... wow. it'll always be the fave.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ohhhhh......where did you get the bag from? Can you post a picture....if I like it, I might ring them and see if I can buy it....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/bag1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/bag2.jpg

:)
    wah
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    And noooo, that doesn't count as clothes shopping!!!! :D:D:D JUST!!! ;)

LMAO! :D

phew :o
    wah
    That's a good looking door knob

24K, only the best hahaha!

later, im off to count avos :D
    wah
  • Pfft, Im gonna put through so many more avos than stella tonight.. :)
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    WAIT??? WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM????

the muses, rundle mall :eek:

ok wade, its on :D haha!
    wah
    Murder wrote:
    Pfft, Im gonna put through so many more avos than stella tonight.. :)

And I'm going to EAT an avocado tonight.....does that count? I need some sympathy....I have to go clothes shopping tonight for a WEDDING!!!! Fucking hell!!!! Why can't I just be sitting at home watching PJ dvds....and saving my money for a tour???

FRIENDS!!! Who fucking needs 'em??? ;)
    God this board moves fast. I was away for only 4 or 5 days then when I get back it takes me 2 hrs to read all that you lovely folk have been doing in your lives.

SO my query is.....are we now sold that November is the month. Ive only heard from the KOL angle (ie their website). Are we all convinced on here or do we still await news?

Cheerio
  • I'm convinced it november! I'm on the saving mission now.

I need help deciding which shows to go to. Im looking at spending about $2000. Help, Help
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Who needs friends when you have PEARL JAM? :D
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
    DonJon wrote:
    God this board moves fast. I was away for only 4 or 5 days then when I get back it takes me 2 hrs to read all that you lovely folk have been doing in your lives.

SO my query is.....are we now sold that November is the month. Ive only heard from the KOL angle (ie their website). Are we all convinced on here or do we still await news?

Cheerio

Well it's the closest thing to "official" news we have got. but yeah it was always rumored as Nov-Feb but i guess no one will really know til we get that email from 10c with actual dates in it. I thought Nov was too soon, cause they have dates in the U.S from may-july, and maybe a 3rd leg taking them into august. Leeds and Reading are at the end of August so you would then have them doing a full Europe tour taking them into sept/oct maybe nov depending on how many shows, then i guess they come here so if they want any time of between europe and Australia, i think it'd have to be late Nov early Dec tour, or eary next year, but they could fit it all in before the end of the year, if they bust there arses and don't have any time off.
  • I hope their not tired when they get here, The thing I dont like about them coming here last is that they will have already ruled out some of the new songs that don't work live. Maybe I'm wrong, but the experiments are usually at the start of the tour arn't they?
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    im also sold on november. Im thinking maybe late november/early december.

Theres just as slight chance i could go to melbourne. Damn you lucky asses and your full scale touring plans.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
    Yeah Im fairly confident about it.
    Im coming from the perspective that if you are gonna proclaim something on your website - then you'd double check with the other party (PJ) first. Early December also a possibility.
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah Im fairly confident about it.
    Im coming from the perspective that if you are gonna proclaim something on your website - then you'd double check with the other party (PJ) first. Early December also a possibility.

I'm sure PJ would have told them not to post anything if KOL asked them cause i'm sure PJ would like to announce their own tour first not have the surport act blow the news, but i'm sure PJ might have said something along the lines of...

PJ: "Hey, we want you to be our surport when we go to Australia"

KOL: "OK, fuck yeah, that sounds hell cool, sign me up. When the fuck will you be in Australia?"

PJ:"it looks like it's gonna be round November sometime so keep that month free"

KOL:"OK cool"

*KOL run off and posts message on website, even though nothing has been confirmed*

Maybe not quite like that but i think that's roughly how it would have gone down
  • UNDONE*21 wrote:
    im also sold on november. Im thinking maybe late november/early december.

Theres just as slight chance i could go to melbourne. Damn you lucky asses and your full scale touring plans.

Yeah I'm leaning towards Nov being true. That massive rumour detailed late Nov and early Dec. That rumour was fairly correct in the first two legs with some changes.

God I hope after Nov 17, thats when I finish my exams. If it is true, I'll be going either way of the Hume (somehow) on my bummish student finances.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
    I'm sure PJ would have told them not to post anything if KOL asked them cause i'm sure PJ would like to announce their own tour first not have the surport act blow the news, but i'm sure PJ might have said something along the lines of...

PJ: "Hey, we want you to be our surport when we go to Australia"

KOL: "OK, fuck yeah, that sounds hell cool, sign me up. When the fuck will you be in Australia?"

PJ:"it looks like it's gonna be round November sometime so keep that month free"

KOL:"OK cool"

*KOL run off and posts message on website, even though nothing has been confirmed*

Maybe not quite like that but i think that's roughly how it would have gone down

Exactly what I was thinking
This discussion has been closed.