Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• The Sanity website had the album down as being released on Monday 1st May, now they have it as being released 29th April. Have I been living under a rock or has this been recently changed?

Since albums are alwasy released on a sunday in australia, and on tuesday in the U.S so May 1st automaticly converts to April 29th Aussie release time :)
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    heyjose wrote:
    for those who have been good and patient, get ready for marker in the sand and come back.. awesome.

neeeeearly there :)
    wah
    Zig, have you watched SNL yet?? and you Stella?? I really think you should not deprive yourselves of this. Its not something they didnt want us to see or hear. Do it....even if its just once. Severed Hand....OMG.....I love that performance!

Hope you went well with your assessment thingie magiggy today Mel.

ive watched it :D how could i post the video links to it and not watch!!!!! hehe!

love the YL animation but yeh... the lukin one's hilarious too :D
    wah
  • PJez261PJez261 Posts: 8
    not sure if this has been posted yet... this thread moves way too fast for me to keep up with :)

Found a link to the Kings of Leon website on The Sky I scrape...

http://www.kingsofleon.com/kolflash.html

In the news section it has this...

"Also, details about a tour down under with pearl jam in November coming soon!"

sorry if its already been posted!
    Canberra - March 95 / Sydney 3 - March 98 / Sydney 1 - Feb 03 / Sydney 1 & 2 Nov 06
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    dont worry i already posted this as well when it was old hat...but its still fckn awesome news!!!!!!!
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Zig, have you watched SNL yet?? and you Stella?? I really think you should not deprive yourselves of this. Its not something they didnt want us to see or hear. Do it....even if its just once. Severed Hand....OMG.....I love that performance!

Nope....I just want to wait until the album comes out....then I'll watch it. My friend downloaded the album and keeps ringing and texting me saying "youuu waaant iiiit"! Bastard!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • WWS got another spin on JJJ (Jay & the Doc) this morning. Then they rabbited on about Ed being to first to do a blog and that he'll be venting something on a blog right now. It was kinda patronising in a way - portraying Eddie as being on his high horse etc. Then they introduced a regular guest by saying - "Now someone more important than eddie, if that's possible to be more important than Eddie Vedder, Kara Kidman." Very sarcastic, but these guys cut loose on anything and anyone.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    PJez261 wrote:
    not sure if this has been posted yet... this thread moves way too fast for me to keep up with :)

Found a link to the Kings of Leon website on The Sky I scrape...

http://www.kingsofleon.com/kolflash.html

In the news section it has this...

"Also, details about a tour down under with pearl jam in November coming soon!"

sorry if its already been posted!
    novemeber
    awesome!

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Murder wrote:
    Since albums are alwasy released on a sunday in australia, and on tuesday in the U.S so May 1st automaticly converts to April 29th Aussie release time :)

The only flaw in your theory is that the 29th is a Saturday :)

Carry on......:D
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • rimbrimb Posts: 36
    Sloth2 wrote:

Well I fully expect to see it in store on the 29th along with the new Tool album. Of course, you're welcome to wait a couple of days if you like! ;)
    Sloth2 wrote:

I WANNA KNOW WHEN TO BUY IT! :eek:

lol im headed to big star now to pre-order... if the free poster is smaller than A4 - not happy jan :eek:
    wah
    harryyyyy i asked k cook about pearl jam

oh, hell yeah! i've always loved their energy and creativity...one of the best rock bands in existence

thanks

kyle

LOL :D
    wah
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    heyjose wrote:
    judd, i KNEW you were gonna say somethin like that! but i dunno man!!

it is :) its their most consistent album since vitalogy. there isnt a bad song on it apart from unemployable, which is still ok. no code, yield, binaural and riot act have some fantastic songs (present tense, off he goes, in my tree, given to fly, do the evolution, mfc, in hiding, nais, grievance, insig, sleight, cant keep, half full) but i dont find myself skipping songs on the new album. there is no filler really, which is usually a pj tradition.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    rimb wrote:
    Well I fully expect to see it in store on the 29th along with the new Tool album. Of course, you're welcome to wait a couple of days if you like! ;)

That was my point, its being released on a SATURDAY not a SUNDAY as Murder implied........

And I'll have it on the 28th anyhow
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • it is :) its their most consistent album since vitalogy. there isnt a bad song on it apart from unemployable, which is still ok. no code, yield, binaural and riot act have some fantastic songs (present tense, off he goes, in my tree, given to fly, do the evolution, mfc, in hiding, nais, grievance, insig, sleight, cant keep, half full) but i dont find myself skipping songs on the new album. there is no filler really, which is usually a pj tradition.

so u think unemployable is the worst song on the album?
    geez....i like that song so it must be a fucking brilliant album!!
    Wave came crashing...
    harryyyyy i asked k cook about pearl jam

oh, hell yeah! i've always loved their energy and creativity...one of the best rock bands in existence

thanks

kyle

LOL :D
    where did you speak to him? which message board?

for all the unemployable haters out there...stfu! its one of hte best songs on the album, so different to anything the bands ever done, an it sounds great. could even be a good single i rekon

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    pre-ordered 2 pearl jam albums at big star :D

she made a point to say u'd get a free poster and they were open fri night, sweet! :o

radelaidians, guess what :eek:

i went to the muses to suss out the poster situation, AND guess what i saw in the merch section

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i got the jeremy tote bag with the crayon message :eek:
    wah
    Pappas wrote:
    where did you speak to him? which message board?

for all the unemployable haters out there...stfu! its one of hte best songs on the album, so different to anything the bands ever done, an it sounds great. could even be a good single i rekon

http://www.myspace.com/kyle_cook

he's pretty internet savvy, shocked!!!!

i love unemployable :o
    wah
    wicked

i hope one of those 2 albums u ordered are for me

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    Pappas wrote:
    wicked

i hope one of those 2 albums u ordered are for me

yes, you owe me $22!

harry just realised u can watch the letterman thing live... i'll probably be working on a saturday afternoon, damn :(
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    i went to the muses to suss out the poster situation, AND guess what i saw in the merch section

I've never seen it.....but I want one!!! :D Did they have anymore? Maybe I can ring them and pay for it with my credit card and they can send it to me?!?!?!? A Pearl Jam bag -- fucking cool! :cool:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • WWS got another spin on JJJ (Jay & the Doc) this morning. Then they rabbited on about Ed being to first to do a blog and that he'll be venting something on a blog right now. It was kinda patronising in a way - portraying Eddie as being on his high horse etc. Then they introduced a regular guest by saying - "Now someone more important than eddie, if that's possible to be more important than Eddie Vedder, Kara Kidman." Very sarcastic, but these guys cut loose on anything and anyone.

Pearl jam is one of lindsay's favourite bands.
    "When you control the mail, you control... INFORMATION"

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I've never seen it.....but I want one!!! :D Did they have anymore? Maybe I can ring them and pay for it with my credit card and they can send it to me?!?!?!? A Pearl Jam bag -- fucking cool! :cool:

i know! im so stoked! :D

i actually never looked thru the rest :eek: its nice and thick too, not some cheap crappy material :eek:

AND THIS DOES NOT COUNT AS CLOTHES SHOPPING ZIG!

;)
    wah
  • hey aussies!
    i just recently got into pearl jam listening to their greatest hits and Ten. Now ive heard they are coming here in november! but that might be a bad thing because i have HSC and straight after HSC i am going to a beach house with friends so i might miss out :(
    anyway can sum1 tell me if its alot better to purchase a seat ticket over the internet? im assuming ticketek will sell sydney shows. I dont know if i should get GA. I was at the recent foo fighters gig and had a seat and thought id rather be in the pit at the time..still had fun though!
    any suggestions?
    hey aussies!
    i just recently got into pearl jam listening to their greatest hits and Ten. Now ive heard they are coming here in november! but that might be a bad thing because i have HSC and straight after HSC i am going to a beach house with friends so i might miss out :(
    anyway can sum1 tell me if its alot better to purchase a seat ticket over the internet? im assuming ticketek will sell sydney shows. I dont know if i should get GA. I was at the recent foo fighters gig and had a seat and thought id rather be in the pit at the time..still had fun though!
    any suggestions?

good luck with the HSC!!!

go the pit! :eek: better atmosphere! :)

are u a fanclub member? if not def. buy your ticket over the net!
    wah
    double post my ass!
    wah
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    good luck with the HSC!!!

go the pit! :eek: better atmosphere! :)

are u a fanclub member? if not def. buy your ticket over the net!

If they have a pit, I still think it'd be more likely seated like last time, well i hope anyway, front row tix again baby!!!!
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Pearl jam is one of lindsay's favourite bands.

Yeah I know, I guess he has to entertain the listeners with swipes and little jokes.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    pre-ordered 2 pearl jam albums at big star :D

she made a point to say u'd get a free poster and they were open fri night, sweet! :o

radelaidians, guess what :eek:

WHAAAAT?!!! :D DAMN YOU!

i was just in the muses on tuesday doing exactly the same thing!! and i saw no pearl jam bag!!! just your usual crap (slipknot, 50 cent etc). Please tell me there were some left?
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    hey, welcome...

it depends on the venue as to whether it'll be ticketek or ticketmaster.. sydney ent centre is ticketek, and that's where they've usually played.

i'd say the best bet is to actually line up in person and get there as early as possible. that's for the first show anyways.

do you have a jb hi-fi nearby? they have all or at least most of the albums available for like $10. try Vs next!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

This discussion has been closed.