Describe the most disastrous date you've been on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,481
    Been on some horrible dates........some were bad because I'd shut-down once I realized I wasn't into the person.....some of this is attributed to my depression, which was untreated at the time.

One time, I had a dinner date, and the girl made a comment about "mexicans blowing their welfare checks at Disneyland".........not great first date conversation! I didn't say much the rest of the meal....focused more on the Big Sky Conference tourney final that was on the tv at the restaurant!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    Damn i read every post of this thread do any of you know any normal people holy shit :shock: i just can't even come close to any of the horror date stories you guys have , i've never really ever had a bad date but then again i've been married for the past 21 yrs and counting ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :|

oh, and don't bring any of your friends (another date), or try to hook up with one of my friends (prom), or stand me up (homecoming), or show up in dirty ratty neon shorts and tank top (another date), or get drunk and pass out in the middle of the date (another date).

Shit, I could keep going... :evil:
    Haha! I once went on a date with a guy who showed up in denim overall shorts, and mandals, and he was forbidden entry into the club we tried to go to. :fp: Also, he showed up driving a jeep with no doors and no roof, which would normally be okay, except for the fact that it was November. But at least he was polite and brought a massive quilt for me to wrap myself in. So there I am, speeding down the highway in an open jeep, wrapped head to toe in a huge ugly quilt for everyone to see, being driven by some douche in denim overalls shorts and mandals. :fp: :lol: You should have seen the looks on the faces of those waiting outside the club when we pulled up! :lol: It was so ridiculous I almost enjoyed it! :lol: Oh, and he also busted out that he loved me. First date. Although he did at least kind of take it back, saying sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out. :lol:

That reminds me of the time I went to a concert with this one guy. We had met up a few times before, we were walking around downtown and see a poster for a concert for a band we both want to see (I will not name the band since that would incriminate me). So he says, "wanna go?" I agreed, and he buys the tickets, and then hands them to me to hang onto.

He's being all weird in the weeks leading up to the show, paging me (yes, it was that long ago)and when I call him back in a few minutes, he says he has to go and can't talk-THEN DON'T PAGE ME! :x So I'm not sure if he's going to take me to the concert. Finally, he actually talks to me the day before the show, instead of him picking me up, he asks me to meet him downtown. okay, I get all dressed up in a mini skirt, and meet him downtown.

When he sees me, he says, "oh, I guess I should have told you I have a bike, you might be a little cold." :?
    Then he says, "here, I have a helmet, gloves, and bandana for you..." We go to the show, and he takes off...he says his friend is the sound guy, okay whatever. After the show, I can't find him, so I go back to the bike, most people are gone by now-security for the club even walked up to me and ask if I am okay or need a ride anywhere-he finally shows up a half hour later. He says "we should go get something to eat" After we are seated, he runs off because he sees a 'friend'. A few minutes later he asks me for money to give to his ex-girlfriend so she can take the bus home. :evil: I told him, I only have enough money to pay for my food.

I paid for my meal, walked over to him and said, "I want to go home...NOW". So he takes me home, and says "I'll call you tomorrow". The next day his buddy calls me, and tells me the guy had gotten back together with his ex 2 months ago, and felt bad that I had no idea what was going on. :fp:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Damn i read every post of this thread do any of you know any normal people holy shit :shock:

:lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :|

oh, and don't bring any of your friends (another date), or try to hook up with one of my friends (prom), or stand me up (homecoming), or show up in dirty ratty neon shorts and tank top (another date), or get drunk and pass out in the middle of the date (another date).

Shit, I could keep going... :evil:
    Haha! I once went on a date with a guy who showed up in denim overall shorts, and mandals, and he was forbidden entry into the club we tried to go to. :fp: Also, he showed up driving a jeep with no doors and no roof, which would normally be okay, except for the fact that it was November. But at least he was polite and brought a massive quilt for me to wrap myself in. So there I am, speeding down the highway in an open jeep, wrapped head to toe in a huge ugly quilt for everyone to see, being driven by some douche in denim overalls shorts and mandals. :fp: :lol: You should have seen the looks on the faces of those waiting outside the club when we pulled up! :lol: It was so ridiculous I almost enjoyed it! :lol: Oh, and he also busted out that he loved me. First date. Although he did at least kind of take it back, saying sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out. :lol:

That reminds me of the time I went to a concert with this one guy. We had met up a few times before, we were walking around downtown and see a poster for a concert for a band we both want to see (I will not name the band since that would incriminate me). So he says, "wanna go?" I agreed, and he buys the tickets, and then hands them to me to hang onto.

He's being all weird in the weeks leading up to the show, paging me (yes, it was that long ago)and when I call him back in a few minutes, he says he has to go and can't talk-THEN DON'T PAGE ME! :x So I'm not sure if he's going to take me to the concert. Finally, he actually talks to me the day before the show, instead of him picking me up, he asks me to meet him downtown. okay, I get all dressed up in a mini skirt, and meet him downtown.

When he sees me, he says, "oh, I guess I should have told you I have a bike, you might be a little cold." :?
    Then he says, "here, I have a helmet, gloves, and bandana for you..." We go to the show, and he takes off...he says his friend is the sound guy, okay whatever. After the show, I can't find him, so I go back to the bike, most people are gone by now-security for the club even walked up to me and ask if I am okay or need a ride anywhere-he finally shows up a half hour later. He says "we should go get something to eat" After we are seated, he runs off because he sees a 'friend'. A few minutes later he asks me for money to give to his ex-girlfriend so she can take the bus home. :evil: I told him, I only have enough money to pay for my food.

I paid for my meal, walked over to him and said, "I want to go home...NOW". So he takes me home, and says "I'll call you tomorrow". The next day his buddy calls me, and tells me the guy had gotten back together with his ex 2 months ago, and felt bad that I had no idea what was going on. :fp:

:o

Rough
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

WTF? What an asshole!!! :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Damn i read every post of this thread do any of you know any normal people holy shit :shock: i just can't even come close to any of the horror date stories you guys have , i've never really ever had a bad date but then again i've been married for the past 21 yrs and counting ...

Like the Bad News Bears man.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    In comparison to some of y'all's bad dates, my story is tame. But here goes:

A longtime acquaintance from Houston asked me out for drinks on a Friday night while he was going to be in Dallas visiting family. Before the date actually occurred he cancelled, and we agreed we'd try again another day. So not having a date that Friday night, I curled up on the couch in my jammies watching television. He drunk dials me at midnight to tell me his entire life story: he's an alcoholic, taking two types of anti-depressants, his father is in jail, his mother has breast cancer, his step-father is horrible to him, he's terrible at dating (shocking!), and that he doesn't "see a reason to go on."

I stayed on the phone with him for six hours to ensure he sobered up and did not attempt to hurt himself. :fp: I should've billed him by the hour, srsly.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    For my 20th birthday the guy I was dating said he was going to take me to a nice restaurant downtown. I wasn't expecting the Signature Room or anything like that, but he took me to Ed Debevic's. Which, for those of you that don't know Chicago, pretty much sells only burgers and fries and their gimmick is that they treat you like shit. So that was fun. My birthday's in the summer so I wanted to just walk around the city afterwards, along the lake on the beach or whatever. He wasn't in the mood for that, so we left and went back to his place where we proceeded to scream at each other for a good hour or two. Worst. Birthday. Ever.

:corn:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

reading these stories makes me glad i'm a misanthrope :lol:

what's up jose! :wave:
    drivingrl wrote:

A longtime acquaintance from Houston asked me out for drinks on a Friday night while he was going to be in Dallas visiting family. Before the date actually occurred he cancelled, and we agreed we'd try again another day. So not having a date that Friday night, I curled up on the couch in my jammies watching television. He drunk dials me at midnight to tell me his entire life story: he's an alcoholic, taking two types of anti-depressants, his father is in jail, his mother has breast cancer, his step-father is horrible to him, he's terrible at dating (shocking!), and that he doesn't "see a reason to go on."

I stayed on the phone with him for six hours to ensure he sobered up and did not attempt to hurt himself. :fp: I should've billed him by the hour, srsly.

I don't get it...all you gals want a guy who is open with his feelings, and once you find him, you complain that he spent 6 hours opening up to you! :lol:
  • Enkidu wrote:
    Halfway through dinner he told me his grandfather was a grand dragon or wizard or whatever stupid name those stupid racist people call themselves. Worst part is he seemed proud!

Holy shit! are you in Florida too? I dated a girl who was David Dukes daughter. I didnt know while I was dating her. She had a brother. She was insane. INSANE.

David Dukes daughter? Yikes.

I dated 3 guys when I worked at the music library at UCLA. One was great, we went out for a little while. One was the hideous list guy - I wish I remembered his name.

Third guy - one date, we're driving, he asks if I'm religious. I say I go to church sometimes. He says, "I'm a Satanist. I worship the devil. I still live with my parents and they get mad when I light black candles in my room. I hate them and I'm going to kill them one day."

I swear I am not making this up. Duh, that was our only date.

That's pretty cool
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

I don't get it...all you gals want a guy who is open with his feelings, and once you find him, you complain that he spent 6 hours opening up to you! :lol:

:lol: There's a fine line between being someone's date and someone's therapist. Is that what you're saying? :lol:
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    edited February 2013
    Went on a couple of dates with a much older man years ago (he now works at the university I work at, actually). First date was nice - yes, he was too old for me, but we got along, so fuck it, not like I was going to marry him, and plus, I was a stupid 21 year old and he was hot. :oops: Second date goes well too... until he told me that he's married (he was in town from Ontario). Sooooo, there was THAT. So he takes me home, and, like a gentleman (albeit a married one), he walked me to my door. Then he swooped in the for the kiss - took me off guard ... But what he does is put his hand gently around my throat, kisses me, and then whispers very creepily in my ear, "You're sooooo trusting." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I've never been so creeped out in my life!!! And um, yeah, guess what guy? I'm not that trusting! I avoided calls from him, he showed up at my work (he was a professor visiting my school at the time... Um, I was a student then :oops: )... Finally he begged me to just tell him why I was avoiding him. Um, HELLO!!! You're married and you whispered into my ear like a seasoned serial killer would!! Duh!! I told him that, he still didn't get it. :fp: Gotta say, it's kind of awkward when I see him around now.... Of course, after he came here permanently he knocked up a grad student and got stuck with all that, so serves him right. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    drivingrl wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

:lol: There's a fine line between being someone's date and someone's therapist. Is that what you're saying? :lol:

something like that! ;)
    edited February 2013
    Enkidu wrote:

Holy shit! are you in Florida too? I dated a girl who was David Dukes daughter. I didnt know while I was dating her. She had a brother. She was insane. INSANE.

David Dukes daughter? Yikes.

I dated 3 guys when I worked at the music library at UCLA. One was great, we went out for a little while. One was the hideous list guy - I wish I remembered his name.

Third guy - one date, we're driving, he asks if I'm religious. I say I go to church sometimes. He says, "I'm a Satanist. I worship the devil. I still live with my parents and they get mad when I light black candles in my room. I hate them and I'm going to kill them one day."

I swear I am not making this up. Duh, that was our only date.

That's pretty cool
    Yeah, I knew a Satanist back in college. It was strange (I really didn't see the point... but that's how I feel about all religions), but he was a pretty nice guy. Not bad company.... Of course, I wouldn't have dated him! I also wouldn't date that practicing Catholic who loved blueberry pie!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Went on a couple of dates with a much older man years ago (he now works at the university I work at, actually). First date was nice - yes, he was too old for me, but we got along, so fuck it, not like I was going to marry him, and plus, I was a stupid 21 year old and he was hot. :oops: Second date goes well too... until he told me that he's married (he was in town from Ontario). Sooooo, there was THAT. So he takes me home, and, like a gentleman (albeit a married one), he walked me to my door. Then he swooped in the for the kiss - took me off guard ... But what he does is put his hand gently around my throat, kisses me, and then whispers very creepily in my ear, "You're sooooo trusting." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I've never been so creeped out in my life!!! And um, yeah, guess what guy? I'm not that trusting! I avoided calls from him, he showed up at my work (he was a professor visiting my school at the time... Um, I was a student then :oops: )... Finally he begged me to just tell him why I was avoiding him. Um, HELLO!!! You're married and you whispered into my ear like a seasoned serial killer would!! Duh!! I told him that, he still didn't get it. :fp: Gotta say, it's kind of awkward when I see him around now.... Of course, after he came here permanently he knocked up a grad student and got stuck with all that, so serves him right. :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Friggen creeper!!!! Omigoodness...how is he even still allowed to teach?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    But what he does is put his hand gently around my throat, kisses me, and then whispers very creepily in my ear, "You're sooooo trusting." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ewewewewewewewewew :shock:

Next!"
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Friggen creeper!!!! Omigoodness...how is he even still allowed to teach?!
    He's a gold mine... He's one of the top 25 economists in North America. The school doesn't give a shit what he does, as long as he draws the students and helps their reputation. :| Oh, also, he had kids he never told me about too.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    norm wrote:

All good norm i'd be a dream date no ? maybe not though i sweat way to much and then i collapse :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

All good norm i'd be a dream date no ? maybe not though i sweat way to much and then i collapse :lol:

:lol::lol:

any date that brings the weed is a good date! ;):lol::lol:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    I was very much like dankind, never asked out on dates, (unless it was a joke-that's another story) so I was terrible at dates, and treated all guys like a 'buddy', I never knew if the guy liked me or not.

Agreed to meet a guy for drinks, he was in the military so I figure he was at least going to be courteous. He only drank Bud (gross), he couldn't play pool (deal breaker), he kept complaining that he didn't have any money to eat and kept saying "If you like, you can come over and we can share one of my MREs" :roll: Now I'm racking my brain on how to get away.

We decide to walk on the waterfront, and he goes to buy some candy bars since he's hungry (I want to run away so bad!). All were peanut butter, that doesn't sound so bad until I said, "Well, I better get going, I have to get up early for work". Then he grabs me and tries to kiss me, gross! peanut butter! Now I have slobber on my face, and I smell like peanut butter.

I finally got away, and then he emails me the next day, "I really, really like you, I can see a future for the two of us , so if this is going to work out, you have to know, I will never go back to civilian life, I live for the military. I will go wherever they tell me to go until I die."

I didn't reply-I'm kinda freaked out now.

He sends me another email a few days later, "I got my GI Bill (or whatever) in the mail the other day, instead of going to school, I want to take you to dinner at [insert expensive restaurant here-I don't remember the name], and I have a gift for you. I'll be waiting for you by the fountain-you need to be there" then he gave me a date and time to show up.

I never showed up.

:lol: An MRE... what a clown :lol:
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    drivingrl wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    But what he does is put his hand gently around my throat, kisses me, and then whispers very creepily in my ear, "You're sooooo trusting." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF?! After he said that, I would have said, "Not anymore!" and peaced out. :?
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I've got a few. Some would probably get me banned for a little while.....

:lol:
    drivingrl wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

WTF?! After he said that, I would have said, "Not anymore!" and peaced out. :?
    Pretty bad, I know!! I just backed away, said good night, and went inside. Thank god I was on my doorstep!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    edited February 2013
    Hey! PJ soul. I would have played detective, and looked into how many School's he visited.And how many trusting girls went missing from surrounding area's.He was twisted,and should have been turned in.The combination of the hand around the throat,and the whispering in the ear,had all the markings of a killer. I can't believe you work on the same Campus together. There is however that old saying,"Keep your enemies closer."
    Post edited by donnaruhl on
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    mca47 wrote:

Get banned! Get banned! Get banned!

I know this may be too soon, but I think I'm in love with PJ Soul and Mamasan. There I said it.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rrivers wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Get banned! Get banned! Get banned!

I know this may be too soon, but I think I'm in love with PJ Soul and Mamasan. There I said it.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • When I was in college I met a guy through some mutual friends. We hung out a couple of times and he seemed nice enough. The third time we hung out we all decided to meet up at a club. By the time I got there, he was totally wasted. About 15 minutes in, he takes to the dance floor and completely clears it Saturday Night Fever style. He was the only one out there, pointing his fingers, doing some michael jackson moves...INSANE. Everyone was just watching and dying laughing. It was hysterical and mortifying, so I hid out in the bathroom with my friend...where his ex-girlfriend greets me in tears (I had no idea who she was or that he had an ex-girlfriend), telling me that she is still in love with him even if he cheated on her, which she knew because he gave her crabs :shock: and they have a baby :shock: but she's not mad at me :? and she knows she needs to let him go. I told her I thought they seemed like they would be good together and she should go hang out with him because I needed to leave. :fp:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"