Describe the most disastrous date you've been on

Comments

• curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I went out with myself once.

How'd that go?

All I wanted to do was get myself into bed. I just couldn't keep my hands off myself. At one point, i had to dump a glass of water over my head. It was a rather embarressing moment. :blush:

:lol::lol: :thumbup:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Went to play pool with a guy. It was a our first date. Things started out okay, until he started getting drunk. Really drunk. Then he started talking about how much he missed his ex and how he doesn't understand why she broke up with him and he wants to win her back. He asked me I had any suggestions on how he could win her back. :fp: So, I was planning my exit strategy when he excuses himself to go get another drink from the bar area. A few minutes later I hear some commotion in the bar area, so I go to look. Yeah, my date was fighting with some other guy at the bar...apparently, his ex was on a date there too. So, my date decided to try to kick her date's ass. :fp: :fp: :fp: I left, called a girlfriend and we went and had some ice cream. :lol:

Then he called me a few days later asking if we could go out again. :roll: :fp:

Was the second date better? :D
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    rrivers wrote:
    Went to play pool with a guy. It was a our first date. Things started out okay, until he started getting drunk. Really drunk. Then he started talking about how much he missed his ex and how he doesn't understand why she broke up with him and he wants to win her back. He asked me I had any suggestions on how he could win her back. :fp: So, I was planning my exit strategy when he excuses himself to go get another drink from the bar area. A few minutes later I hear some commotion in the bar area, so I go to look. Yeah, my date was fighting with some other guy at the bar...apparently, his ex was on a date there too. So, my date decided to try to kick her date's ass. :fp: :fp: :fp: I left, called a girlfriend and we went and had some ice cream. :lol:

Then he called me a few days later asking if we could go out again. :roll: :fp:

Was the second date better? :D

:lol::lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Oh. :shock: I just remembered my actual worst date. I must have blocked it out, because it was so horrible.
    I was walking down the street with this guy after we went and saw The Truman Show (love that movie) and then for drinks, and he was wearing one of those Truman Show promo pins they were giving out that said "How will it end?" So there we are, and this very normal and nice dude in a wheelchair comes along, and he has lost his wallet, and is asking people for Loonies so he can get a cab.

Now, I know this could be a scam, but in this case, it was REALLY obvious that he was legit and not a scammer. And he was super nice in any case, so whatever. Well, my date was drunk, and something about this sweet guy in a wheelchair asking for a Loonie sent him into a RAGE. He started screaming at the disabled man about how he hated people like him, trying to take advantage, and how he thought just because he's in a wheelchair he thinks he can mooch off of everyone else, BLAH BLAH BLAH, and then he tore off this Truman Show pin and whipped it at the guy's face and pushed him over in his chair. :o:o:o:o:o:o Obviously I took off after yelling at my date for a while and helping the guy up and giving him money and apologizing on this freak's behalf. Well, the next day my date called and was really really ashamed of what he did (and I actually believe that he was), and begged me to forgive him; he was drunk. I didn't forgive him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    dankind wrote:
    I didn't really date much. Usually, I just fell into relationships after waking up next to kind, giving females.

When I did date, however, I never knew what I was doing -- as in, I didn't even know that I was on a date; I just thought we were going to the movies or sharing a meal together because we both wanted to be entertained and/or were hungry -- so they all were different levels of disastrous. Mostly because the more experienced member of the fairer sex would get frustrated with me and/or become self-conscious because I never attempted to bust a move. :? :oops: :fp:

If I had known then what I know now. :evil:
    That's me, now :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I was very much like dankind, never asked out on dates, (unless it was a joke-that's another story) so I was terrible at dates, and treated all guys like a 'buddy', I never knew if the guy liked me or not.

Agreed to meet a guy for drinks, he was in the military so I figure he was at least going to be courteous. He only drank Bud (gross), he couldn't play pool (deal breaker), he kept complaining that he didn't have any money to eat and kept saying "If you like, you can come over and we can share one of my MREs" :roll: Now I'm racking my brain on how to get away.

We decide to walk on the waterfront, and he goes to buy some candy bars since he's hungry (I want to run away so bad!). All were peanut butter, that doesn't sound so bad until I said, "Well, I better get going, I have to get up early for work". Then he grabs me and tries to kiss me, gross! peanut butter! Now I have slobber on my face, and I smell like peanut butter.

I finally got away, and then he emails me the next day, "I really, really like you, I can see a future for the two of us , so if this is going to work out, you have to know, I will never go back to civilian life, I live for the military. I will go wherever they tell me to go until I die."

I didn't reply-I'm kinda freaked out now.

He sends me another email a few days later, "I got my GI Bill (or whatever) in the mail the other day, instead of going to school, I want to take you to dinner at [insert expensive restaurant here-I don't remember the name], and I have a gift for you. I'll be waiting for you by the fountain-you need to be there" then he gave me a date and time to show up.

I never showed up.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh. :shock: I just remembered my actual worst date. I must have blocked it out, because it was so horrible.
    I was walking down the street with this guy after we went and saw The Truman Show (love that movie) and then for drinks, and he was wearing one of those Truman Show promo pins they were giving out that said "How will it end?" So there we are, and this very normal and nice dude in a wheelchair comes along, and he has lost his wallet, and is asking people for Loonies so he can get a cab.

Now, I know this could be a scam, but in this case, it was REALLY obvious that he was legit and not a scammer. And he was super nice in any case, so whatever. Well, my date was drunk, and something about this sweet guy in a wheelchair asking for a Loonie sent him into a RAGE. He started screaming at the disabled man about how he hated people like him, trying to take advantage, and how he thought just because he's in a wheelchair he thinks he can mooch off of everyone else, BLAH BLAH BLAH, and then he tore off this Truman Show pin and whipped it at the guy's face and pushed him over in his chair. :o:o:o:o:o:o Obviously I took off after yelling at my date for a while and helping the guy up and giving him money and apologizing on this freak's behalf. Well, the next day my date called and was really really ashamed of what he did (and I actually believe that he was), and begged me to forgive him; he was drunk. I didn't forgive him.

Oh my god! :o
    motherfucker-meme_zps6cd6bceb.jpg
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

:o
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    okcupid.com date:

it was one of my first online dating experiences ever. i made the mistake of picking her up instead of meeting her at the bar. she comes out of her house, with a stunned look on her face pretty much runs to me and says, "oh my god, you look SOO much better in real life...can i give you a hug?" i said sure why not and i could smell the whiskey on her breath as she came in for the embrance. then she ask, "i really want to kiss you right now." fine.

we went to the bar and i have never seen anyone smoke or drink so much in a 2-hour time frame. the woman practically killed her entire pack of cigs by the end of it. i went to take her home and in a trashed voice she then profressed her love to me. i told her to get out of the cas and im pretty sure the tires screeched as i left her driveway.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    okcupid.com date:

it was one of my first online dating experiences ever. i made the mistake of picking her up instead of meeting her at the bar. she comes out of her house, with a stunned look on her face pretty much runs to me and says, "oh my god, you look SOO much better in real life...can i give you a hug?" i said sure why not and i could smell the whiskey on her breath as she came in for the embrance. then she ask, "i really want to kiss you right now." fine.

we went to the bar and i have never seen anyone smoke or drink so much in a 2-hour time frame. the woman practically killed her entire pack of cigs by the end of it. i went to take her home and in a trashed voice she then profressed her love to me. i told her to get out of the cas and im pretty sure the tires screeched as i left her driveway.

stage 1 clinger. good avoidance tactics. Way to stay strong. Some might have taken advantage of a drunken, marriage ready, stage-1 clinger. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    edited February 2013
    davidtrios wrote:
    okcupid.com date:

stage 1 clinger. good avoidance tactics. Way to stay strong. Some might have taken advantage of a drunken, marriage ready, stage-1 clinger. :lol:

:lol: that woman wouldve eloped right then and there. that filthy whore!!
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • dankind wrote:
    I didn't really date much. Usually, I just fell into relationships after waking up next to kind, giving females.

When I did date, however, I never knew what I was doing -- as in, I didn't even know that I was on a date; I just thought we were going to the movies or sharing a meal together because we both wanted to be entertained and/or were hungry -- so they all were different levels of disastrous. Mostly because the more experienced member of the fairer sex would get frustrated with me and/or become self-conscious because I never attempted to bust a move. :? :oops: :fp:

If I had known then what I know now. :evil:

yeah, looking back that happened to me quite a few times. I worked at a restaurant, and at this point in my life I had pretty low confidence/awareness, and I was always the "friend" of girls, so I guess I just always assumed that's what I always was to everyone.

well this one girl, a model, no less, made plans with me one night to go to the bar. she told me to come to her house to pick her up. When I got there, she said "come down to my room while I get ready" and she was in her bra and panties, and her parents were out. She was HOT. I didn't try anything. I just sat there on her bed. We went to the bar and all seemed alright. I couldn't figure out why she was mad at me the next time I saw her at work. I told a friend the story and he slapped me on the forehead. :fp: :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    davidtrios wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    okcupid.com date:

2629361701_mash_klinger_xlarge.jpeg :?:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

2629361701_mash_klinger_xlarge.jpeg :?:

:fp: :lol::lol::lol: Is that klinger? :lol: Perfect.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    that imagine will haunt my nightmares. at least itll replace mamasan's avator. :lol:
  • Not too long ago, I had a friend set me up with
    a friend of HER friend. We talked on the phone a few
    times, but he wouldn't tell me much about himself.
    The first time we agreed to meet, he blew me off.
    Then when we actually DID meet it was at Subway.!!!!
    OF all places!! And he tells me he didn't bring any
    money, cause his unemployment check was late,
    could I cover it?? So I turned around and walked out...
    He follows, asking if he could at least have a ride!
    He tells me he walked an hour to get there! I said,
    "Hope you don't have any immediate plans, cause I'm
    not a taxi service.. So you're walking home too!"
    Later that day, I get this horrible voicemail from
    this guy calling everything but white. Was a shitty shitty
    day!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Does Prom Night count?
    This isn't as much Disasterous as it is embarrassing. It started out with Dinner.Me thinking to myself,Maybe a salad would be cheaper for him than a meal.So I ordered a Chef Salad.It was like playing Pixie Stix.Every bite I tried to take,The salad behind it would tumble down onto my dress.I went Hungry! The Dance was great.It was after the dance,that things got stupid.He proceeded to take a drive into town, and up to the outlook by Battle Rock.The Moon was full and the Ocean was beautiful. I was nervous as hell. He had a 57 Chevy with this little steering wheel. It had three metal slats across the wheel with holes in them. I, sitting next to him was so nrevous,that I was sticking my fingers in the holes.Well one got stuck.We tried twisting it out,Nothing. We tried driving with it in there. No Way! He tried spitting on it. It wouldn't budge. So he proceeded to leave me in the car while he walked to a nearby Bar,And barrowed some soap from the men's room. Came back,spit on my finger again and applied the soap.Walla! That ended the date.I remember that like it was yesterday. :lol:
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    tried spitting on it. It wouldn't budge.

:shock: :lol::lol: So many things to say to this.. :fp:
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Does Prom Night count?
    This isn't as much Disasterous as it is embarrassing. It started out with Dinner.Me thinking to myself,Maybe a salad would be cheaper for him than a meal.So I ordered a Chef Salad.It was like playing Pixie Stix.Every bite I tried to take,The salad behind it would tumble down onto my dress.I went Hungry! The Dance was great.It was after the dance,that things got stupid.He proceeded to take a drive into town, and up to the outlook by Battle Rock.The Moon was full and the Ocean was beautiful. I was nervous as hell. He had a 57 Chevy with this little steering wheel. It had three metal slats across the wheel with holes in them. I, sitting next to him was so nrevous,that I was sticking my fingers in the holes.Well one got stuck.We tried twisting it out,Nothing. We tried driving with it in there. No Way! He tried spitting on it. It wouldn't budge. So he proceeded to leave me in the car while he walked to a nearby Bar,And barrowed some soap from the men's room. Came back,spit on my finger again and applied the soap.Walla! That ended the date.I remember that like it was yesterday. :lol:

That is funny as hell! :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I was very much like dankind, never asked out on dates, (unless it was a joke-that's another story) so I was terrible at dates, and treated all guys like a 'buddy', I never knew if the guy liked me or not.

Agreed to meet a guy for drinks, he was in the military so I figure he was at least going to be courteous. He only drank Bud (gross), he couldn't play pool (deal breaker), he kept complaining that he didn't have any money to eat and kept saying "If you like, you can come over and we can share one of my MREs" :roll: Now I'm racking my brain on how to get away.

We decide to walk on the waterfront, and he goes to buy some candy bars since he's hungry (I want to run away so bad!). All were peanut butter, that doesn't sound so bad until I said, "Well, I better get going, I have to get up early for work". Then he grabs me and tries to kiss me, gross! peanut butter! Now I have slobber on my face, and I smell like peanut butter.

I finally got away, and then he emails me the next day, "I really, really like you, I can see a future for the two of us , so if this is going to work out, you have to know, I will never go back to civilian life, I live for the military. I will go wherever they tell me to go until I die."

He sends me another email a few days later, "I got my GI Bill (or whatever) in the mail the other day, instead of going to school, I want to take you to dinner at [insert expensive restaurant here-I don't remember the name], and I have a gift for you. I'll be waiting for you by the fountain-you need to be there" then he gave me a date and time to show up.

I never showed up.

mental note: learn to play pool, no peanut butter.....ok, I got it
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I never showed up.

mental note: learn to play pool, no peanut butter.....ok, I got it

And keep MRE on hand. Chicks dig MRE.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    And keep MRE on hand. Chicks dig MRE.

yes! that too. I am learning so much here :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    :|

oh, and don't bring any of your friends (another date), or try to hook up with one of my friends (prom), or stand me up (homecoming), or show up in dirty ratty neon shorts and tank top (another date), or get drunk and pass out in the middle of the date (another date).

Shit, I could keep going... :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited February 2013
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh, and don't bring any of your friends (another date), or try to hook up with one of my friends (prom), or stand me up (homecoming), or show up in dirty ratty neon shorts and tank top (another date), or get drunk and pass out in the middle of the date (another date).

Haha! I once went on a date with a guy who showed up in denim overall shorts, and mandals, and he was forbidden entry into the club we tried to go to. :fp: Also, he showed up driving a jeep with no doors and no roof, which would normally be okay, except for the fact that it was November. But at least he was polite and brought a massive quilt for me to wrap myself in. So there I am, speeding down the highway in an open jeep, wrapped head to toe in a huge ugly quilt for everyone to see, being driven by some douche in denim overalls shorts and mandals. :fp: :lol: You should have seen the looks on the faces of those waiting outside the club when we pulled up! :lol: It was so ridiculous I almost enjoyed it! :lol: Oh, and he also busted out that he loved me. First date. Although he did at least kind of take it back, saying sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Haha, I once went on a date with a guy who showed up in denim overall shorts, and mandals, and he was forbidden entry into the club we tried to go to. :fp: Also, he showed up driving a jeep with no windows and no roof, which would normally be okay, except for the fact that it was November. But at least he was polite and brought a massive quilt for me to wrap myself in. So there I am, speeding down the highway in an open jeep, wrapped head to toe in a huge ugly quilt for everyone to see, being driven by some douche in denim overalls shorts and mandals. :fp: :lol: It was so ridiculous I almost enjoyed it! :lol: Oh, and he also busted out that he loved me. First date. Although he did at least kind of take it back, saying sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: This thread wins everything.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Haha! I once went on a date with a guy who showed up in denim overall shorts, and mandals, and he was forbidden entry into the club we tried to go to. :fp: Also, he showed up driving a jeep with no doors and no roof, which would normally be okay, except for the fact that it was November. But at least he was polite and brought a massive quilt for me to wrap myself in. So there I am, speeding down the highway in an open jeep, wrapped head to toe in a huge ugly quilt for everyone to see, being driven by some douche in denim overalls shorts and mandals. :fp: :lol: You should have seen the looks on the faces of those waiting outside the club when we pulled up! :lol: It was so ridiculous I almost enjoyed it! :lol: Oh, and he also busted out that he loved me. First date. Although he did at least kind of take it back, saying sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Good grief what is wrong with men?! PJ_Soul your story reminds me of this guy in high school I dated...he was really super cute, into awesome music, a volleyball player, a total winner in every aspect...until about 3 weeks into it he told me he loved me. 3 weeks. :fp: So I naturally told him I didn't feel the same way. The next time I saw him he had a bandage wrapped around his hand. Apparently after that happened he cut a really deep slash into the palm of his hand from his fingers to his wrist. Psycho much?! :wtf:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Good grief what is wrong with men?! PJ_Soul your story reminds me of this guy in high school I dated...he was really super cute, into awesome music, a volleyball player, a total winner in every aspect...until about 3 weeks into it he told me he loved me. 3 weeks. :fp: So I naturally told him I didn't feel the same way. The next time I saw him he had a bandage wrapped around his hand. Apparently after that happened he cut a really deep slash into the palm of his hand from his fingers to his wrist. Psycho much?! :wtf:
    :shock: :shock: Yeah, probably best to avoid the cutters! Just as a general rule, you know, maybe. :crazy:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    81 wrote:
    We should cherish our dates. It's always special when you can share a moment with someone else, whether it is just one date or 10000 dates.

Bro bro you need a doctor for what ever got inside you :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    81 wrote:
    We should cherish our dates. It's always special when you can share a moment with someone else, whether it is just one date or 10000 dates.

Bro bro you need a doctor for what ever got inside you :lol::lol:
    :lol: I'm kind of liking the new 81! :mrgreen:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :shock: :shock: Yeah, probably best to avoid the cutters! Just as a general rule, you know, maybe. :crazy:

:lol: Yeah probably best.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2