Describe the most disastrous date you've been on

Comments

• Halfway through dinner he told me his grandfather was a grand dragon or wizard or whatever stupid name those stupid racist people call themselves. Worst part is he seemed proud!

Holy shit! are you in Florida too? I dated a girl who was David Dukes daughter. I didnt know while I was dating her. She had a brother. She was insane. INSANE.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Was dating some bimbo about 20 years ago, it was Thanksgiving Day and I was visiting my parents, solo. I was supposed to go meet the bimbo and her family, after dinner with my folks. I arrive at bimbos family house, and introduce myself to everyone in the room. The whole time I see bimbo standing there with some weird look in her eyes. When I walk up to bimbo she says to me: Whats her name? I say:HUH? Bimbo says: I know damned well you were not at your parents all this time, so whats her name.

I turned around shook everyones hand, said it was a pleasure meeting everyone, and never saw Bimbo again.

You still haven't told us what her name was, Speedy. WHAT"S HER NAME, YOU BASTARD?!!! :nono:
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger..but she ain't messing with no broke.........

Beast!

haha, while I looked back on it and realized I should re-word my descriptions of job, car, house, etc,.. I definitely looked broke. But I was saving for down payment on my first house. I actually had a good chunk of money and had a decent paying job. I just didnt flaunt it. But while I was mad that she was nice and sweet before she saw my belongings, I was glad, later on, that I didnt get mixed up with someone like her who threw away a good relationship before knowing the real deal. Nad by real deal, I mean staying overnight.. ha, I kid..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Halfway through dinner he told me his grandfather was a grand dragon or wizard or whatever stupid name those stupid racist people call themselves. Worst part is he seemed proud!

Holy shit! are you in Florida too? I dated a girl who was David Dukes daughter. I didnt know while I was dating her. She had a brother. She was insane. INSANE.

David Dukes daughter? Yikes.

I dated 3 guys when I worked at the music library at UCLA. One was great, we went out for a little while. One was the hideous list guy - I wish I remembered his name.

Third guy - one date, we're driving, he asks if I'm religious. I say I go to church sometimes. He says, "I'm a Satanist. I worship the devil. I still live with my parents and they get mad when I light black candles in my room. I hate them and I'm going to kill them one day."

I swear I am not making this up. Duh, that was our only date.
  • Enkidu wrote:
    Halfway through dinner he told me his grandfather was a grand dragon or wizard or whatever stupid name those stupid racist people call themselves. Worst part is he seemed proud!

I dated 3 guys when I worked at the music library at UCLA. One was great, we went out for a little while. One was the hideous list guy - I wish I remembered his name.

Third guy - one date, we're driving, he asks if I'm religious. I say I go to church sometimes. He says, "I'm a Satanist. I worship the devil. I still live with my parents and they get mad when I light black candles in my room. I hate them and I'm going to kill them one day."

:shock: :shock:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Enkidu wrote:

WOW
  • 2. about 10-12 years ago in dead of summer, I was at a liquor store picking out a bottle of Vodka. Too many flavors! I stood there feeling very confused. I never drank vodka but wanted to try something different. Then a hot little store employee comes over and starts flirting with me. I remember thinking she was way out of my league, but I had her laughing, so I was on a roll. So I asked her for her number. We decided to meet at TGIFs the following friday.

Friday comes along, and I got home from work and my power was out. And it was hot as hell. So I lit a candle and tried to shave my grubby old face and I cut a huge gash in my throat. I coundnt get it to stop bleeding. I thought about cancelling the date, but I was kinda desperate at the time, and this girl was awesome and hot. So I wrap my neck up with paper towels and gauze and take a shower. I had to keep one hand on the gash to keep it from bleeding. anyways, I got out of the shower and it was probably 100 degrees in my apartment, so I go in my car in my towel and turned on the AC for awhile. I couldnt cool down. I was in PMS (perpetual man sweat). But I was going to be late if I didnt get inside and get dressed. Also, my clothes needed ironing, but power was still out.

So I got in the car and rushed to TGIFs. I looked in the mirror as I was driving, I was a sweaty bloody mess... blood had run down into my shirt because I was so sweaty. ANyways, I cleaned myself up as good as possible in the car, and I bought a new shirt at the mall (right next tto TGIF). I made it only 5-10 minutes late. I waited at the bar and she never showed up.

The bartender bought me a few drinks though, and I got hammered and took a cab home. The girl never answered her phone after that, so I went back to the liquor store where she worked and bought another bottle of vodka. I just wanted a to hear her reason. She said her cat pissed in her closet on all her clothes. She said sorry, and she'd still meet me for a drink sometime. No thanks, I think I lost too much blood on that one.
  • Enkidu wrote:

:shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    edited February 2013
    I got asked out to dinner by a friend of a friend who was new in town. He wanted me to come pick him up because he didn't feel like driving. He made all sorts of little critical remarks during dinner, about my appearance, my job, my hobbies, pretty much everything. Also, he told me that my meal was "way too big". I don't know why he cared about that, because he didn't even offer to pay for it. He also spent a lot of time talking about his ex-wife, and also about how much he hates his family. It was not a fun conversation.

After dinner he wanted to do something else, so he suggested we see a movie. I paid for my own ticket. He kept leaning over to talk to me during the movie, which is a huge no-no! After the movie, I drove him back to his house. He invited me in, and I declined. He attempted to kiss me, which I deflected. He sent me a text later that night telling me he had a great time and he wanted to do it again. I politely told him no thanks.

I actually didn't go out on another date for like 6 months after that because I had such a miserable time. :lol:
    Post edited by supadupa on
  • Halfway through dinner he told me his grandfather was a grand dragon or wizard or whatever stupid name those stupid racist people call themselves. Worst part is he seemed proud!

No Texas, but he was from LA and yes he was crazy and creepy.
  • supadupa wrote:
    I got asked out to dinner by a friend of a friend who was new in town. He wanted me to come pick him up because he didn't feel like driving. He made all sorts of little critical remarks during dinner, about my appearance, my job, my hobbies, pretty much everything. Also, he told me that my meal was "way too big". I don't know why he cared about that, because he didn't even offer to pay for it. He also spent a lot of time talking about his ex-wife, and also about how much he hates his family. It was not a fun conversation.

After dinner he wanted to do something else, so he suggested we see a movie. I paid for my own ticket. He kept leaning over to talk to me during the movie, which is a huge no-no! After the movie, I drove him back to his house. He invited me in, and I declined. He attempted to kiss me, which I deflected. He sent me a text later that night telling me he had a great time and he wanted to do it again. I politely told him no thanks.

I actually didn't go out on another date for like 6 months after that because I had such a miserable time. :lol:
    Seriously?? Wow!!
    I have never not paid on a first date...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    supadupa wrote:

Seriously?? Wow!!

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have cared too much, because I'm a grown-ass woman with a job and my own money to throw around, but he did ask me out, plus I was having such a bad time I felt it was wrong that I had to pay for that experience.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger..but she ain't messing with no broke.........

Beast!

haha, while I looked back on it and realized I should re-word my descriptions of job, car, house, etc,.. I definitely looked broke. But I was saving for down payment on my first house. I actually had a good chunk of money and had a decent paying job. I just didnt flaunt it. But while I was mad that she was nice and sweet before she saw my belongings, I was glad, later on, that I didnt get mixed up with someone like her who threw away a good relationship before knowing the real deal. Nad by real deal, I mean staying overnight.. ha, I kid..

You're better off!! I had a guy friend once that was dating this girl..she wanted to get engaged but she said that her engagement ring must cost at least $20K :shock: :shock: :shock: He was an idiot and was saving up for it. I haven't talked to him in years, I'm sure he's miserable now :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • supadupa wrote:
    supadupa wrote:

Seriously?? Wow!!

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have cared too much, because I'm a grown-ass woman with a job and my own money to throw around, but he did ask me out, plus I was having such a bad time I felt it was wrong that I had to pay for that experience.
    Yeah but he asked you out... Automatic payment... Frankly I would have paid even if I was asked out :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    blind date. never ever met before. meeting at her home 2-3 hrs north of me. dead of winter frozen cold ass iowa. her water lines had been frozen solid for many days. her shitter was completely filled with solid brown human waste. something like well ovder 10-20 pounds worth.

i went in there to take a whiz.

i left soon after. however i do not believe in hurting peoples' feelings if i can avoid it. the next day on the phone i told her my conscious was kicking in & that i was married & that is why i ran off. putting all the bullshit onto myself rather than simply being honest telling her she was a fucking disgusting nasty ass broad.

she told her family. her brothers wanted to find me & beat my ass. :lol:

fucking inbred bunk ass trailer park trashy frickin idiots

she coulda melted snow down in a soup pot and dumped it down the crapper/drain. she also coulda sat on the john over at whomever's house that didn't have frozen ass pipes.

foul ass woman gave me the freak-outs. i don't do filthy well at all. nor do i do foul ass broads well at all either. nor do i do lazy ass ignorant ass broads well either.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Went to play pool with a guy. It was a our first date. Things started out okay, until he started getting drunk. Really drunk. Then he started talking about how much he missed his ex and how he doesn't understand why she broke up with him and he wants to win her back. He asked me I had any suggestions on how he could win her back. :fp: So, I was planning my exit strategy when he excuses himself to go get another drink from the bar area. A few minutes later I hear some commotion in the bar area, so I go to look. Yeah, my date was fighting with some other guy at the bar...apparently, his ex was on a date there too. So, my date decided to try to kick her date's ass. :fp: :fp: :fp: I left, called a girlfriend and we went and had some ice cream. :lol:

Then he called me a few days later asking if we could go out again. :roll: :fp:
    I lost a bet...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    I didn't really date much. Usually, I just fell into relationships after waking up next to kind, giving females.

When I did date, however, I never knew what I was doing -- as in, I didn't even know that I was on a date; I just thought we were going to the movies or sharing a meal together because we both wanted to be entertained and/or were hungry -- so they all were different levels of disastrous. Mostly because the more experienced member of the fairer sex would get frustrated with me and/or become self-conscious because I never attempted to bust a move. :? :oops: :fp:

If I had known then what I know now. :evil:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    dankind wrote:
    If I had known then what I know now. :evil:

story of my life...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Think I posted this before, but here goes...

The scene: Cambridge, Mass. in 1984.

Went to a theater in Harvard Square to see the Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense."

Date was a fellow tutor from my university's writing center. (We helped students who had proficiency issues.)

He showed up half lit. Which is fine. Not great, but I was :| okay with it.

But then, at one point in the movie, he got up and started dancing in the aisle, swigging from a flask. Now I was all :roll:

As I recall, this wasn't a dancing-in-the-aisles kind of movie. So it was a little :?
    At one quiet point, he came over and sat down.

I said, "I'm going to get popcorn, do you want anything?" :angel:

He didn't.

I got up, walked out of the theater, out of the cinema, and down the street to my car. Hopped in and drove home. :twisted:

The best part of this is... I'm pretty sure I was half-lit and dancing in the aisle when Eddie played Boston in on his solo tour. :oops: :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Think I posted this before, but here goes...

Went to a theater in Harvard Square to see the Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense."

Date was a fellow tutor from my university's writing center. (We helped students who had proficiency issues.)

But then, at one point in the movie, he got up and started dancing in the aisle, swigging from a flask. Now I was all :roll:

As I recall, this wasn't a dancing-in-the-aisles kind of movie. So it was a little :?

He didn't.

I got up, walked out of the theater, out of the cinema, and down the street to my car. Hopped in and drove home. :twisted:

The best part of this is... I'm pretty sure I was half-lit and dancing in the aisle when Eddie played Boston in on his solo tour. :oops: :lol:

:lol::lol:
    Went to play pool with a guy. It was a our first date. Things started out okay, until he started getting drunk. Really drunk. Then he started talking about how much he missed his ex and how he doesn't understand why she broke up with him and he wants to win her back. He asked me I had any suggestions on how he could win her back. :fp: So, I was planning my exit strategy when he excuses himself to go get another drink from the bar area. A few minutes later I hear some commotion in the bar area, so I go to look. Yeah, my date was fighting with some other guy at the bar...apparently, his ex was on a date there too. So, my date decided to try to kick her date's ass. :fp: :fp: :fp: I left, called a girlfriend and we went and had some ice cream. :lol:

:shock: this might take the cake! wow.
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365

:shock: this might take the cake! wow.

yeah, i know how to pick 'em. :lol::lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...

:shock: :shock: :nono: :nono: :nono: I'd like to find him and kick him!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Think I posted this before, but here goes...

He didn't.

:lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

You use your feet a lot to do your talking, dont you?
    Mamasan23 wrote:

You use your feet a lot to do your talking, dont you?

It's not my fault there's so many asshats!
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    For my 20th birthday the guy I was dating said he was going to take me to a nice restaurant downtown. I wasn't expecting the Signature Room or anything like that, but he took me to Ed Debevic's. Which, for those of you that don't know Chicago, pretty much sells only burgers and fries and their gimmick is that they treat you like shit. So that was fun. My birthday's in the summer so I wanted to just walk around the city afterwards, along the lake on the beach or whatever. He wasn't in the mood for that, so we left and went back to his place where we proceeded to scream at each other for a good hour or two. Worst. Birthday. Ever.

I think there's a restaurant like that in Sacramento. My mom hates it, and told me about it. Who the hell wants to give money to a business that prides themselves in treating you like shit?!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Hmm. :think: There have been so many. :lol:

I think it must have been with this guy named Paul.Started with dinner at some place, and he started talking about how he's a practicing Catholic. Deal breaker. Then he took me to a movie without having checked the movie times, so we got there and nothing at all was starting within the next hour and a half. Nice planning bud. Deal breaker. So, even though we'd just left a restaurant, he took me to another restaurant. He said he wanted blueberry pie, and they had a giant photo of blueberry pie in the window so he pulled in. I hate blueberry pie. :roll: So anyway, there we are, I'm getting bored, and am pretty pissed about the movie thing, and all of a sudden he busts out this story, like it was the greatest story of all time, about how he got up in high school (he was 29) for a speech in front of the school, and said at the end, "Be good to one another.... AND PARTY ON, DUDE!!!!" And then he busted out laughing and didn't stop for, like, 3 minutes, except to yell out "PARTY ON DUDE!!!! HAHAHA! IT WAS THE BEST!" again. Deal breaker.

Also, he didn't drink alcohol. Deal breaker. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I went out with myself once.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    81 wrote:

How'd that go?
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

How'd that go?

All I wanted to do was get myself into bed. I just couldn't keep my hands off myself. At one point, i had to dump a glass of water over my head. It was a rather embarressing moment. :blush:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg