Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks wrote:
    ah totally forgot he was with the braves last year, some reason thought last year was his indians season. still rather see Stutes.

I'm not disputing that part of your post. :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Repeat after me kids...

This team sucks. Especially the first baseman
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    It's sad watching Doc out there. Dude's a shell of himself. No control at all and a fastball that isn't so fast anymore. He looks like he's laboring like it's 95 degrees out there.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    Gonna be a long season

you can say that again :fp: :roll: Least Cliff Lee is pitching tomorrow.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    It's sad watching Doc out there.

"Sad" is the right word. Like a dog that needs to be put to sleep.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Made In American festival in Philly again this year. I had a fucking blast last year. Here's hoping for a decent lineup.

Saw that - twas a great time. Lineup is supposed to be out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Made In American festival in Philly again this year. I had a fucking blast last year. Here's hoping for a decent lineup.

i just posted that in the music section :D not sure if i'm gonna go, i'm curious as to who they get though. Noon we find out.

Anyone else hear Roy Oswalt wants to return to philly?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/0 ... -phillies/
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    :corn:

this is the phillies team i know and love, everybody hits. Woo-Hoo! :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Cliff Lee
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i just posted that in the music section :D not sure if i'm gonna go, i'm curious as to who they get though. Noon we find out.

Anyone else hear Roy Oswalt wants to return to philly?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/0 ... -phillies/

So far I LOVE the lineup - MIA that is.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    So far I LOVE the lineup - MIA that is.

Word, such a weird friggen lineup. I am at least mildly interested in

NIN
    Gaslight (!)
    Walk The Moon
    Fitz & The Tantrums
    Imagine Dragons
    Phoenix
    Calvin Harris/Florence Welch
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Public Enemy (!)
    QOTSA
  • Options
    :corn:

this is the phillies team i know and love, everybody hits. Woo-Hoo! :mrgreen:

repeat of last night so far :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I'm going to the guy that asked the cheese steak question. I'm going to head to town Friday for the Black Crowes...any really good place between South St and the Electric Factory?

I'm going to stop by the Larry Fine bar (3rd ? and South - and forget the real name of the bar) to catch some golf and a couple beers before the show. Thought that place was pretty cool, being a Stooges fan.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    I'm going to the guy that asked the cheese steak question. I'm going to head to town Friday for the Black Crowes...any really good place between South St and the Electric Factory?

I'm going to stop by the Larry Fine bar (3rd ? and South - and forget the real name of the bar) to catch some golf and a couple beers before the show. Thought that place was pretty cool, being a Stooges fan.

Jims is right by the spot you are looking to go. 4th and South. Some people swear by it and think it's the best in the city. I don't think so but it's not bad.

You set on that place? Some decent spots in that area if you want to check out something new. Brauhaus Schmitz (phenomenal), Twisted Tail, O'Neals, Bainbridge Barrel House. Since you are going to be at the Electric Factory, you could hit Standard Tap in Northern Libs or something like that as well.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jims is right by the spot you are looking to go. 4th and South. Some people swear by it and think it's the best in the city. I don't think so but it's not bad.

You set on that place? Some decent spots in that area if you want to check out something new. Brauhaus Schmitz (phenomenal), Twisted Tail, O'Neals, Bainbridge Barrel House. Since you are going to be at the Electric Factory, you could hit Standard Tap in Northern Libs or something like that as well.

I'll hit a couple places that are near by, for sure. But will settle in somewhere around 4 for The Masters
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll hit a couple places that are near by, for sure. But will settle in somewhere around 4 for The Masters

Word, pumped for this weekend.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    step right up aaaaaand beat the..... :mrgreen:

god bless those little mets :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Puerto Rico bachelor party...highly recommended for those getting ready to do that kind of stuff. Amazing

(neily told me this 2 years ago...I didn't listen to him, but I should have)

also, mad men is the best show since the wire.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Puerto Rico bachelor party...highly recommended for those getting ready to do that kind of stuff. Amazing

(neily told me this 2 years ago...I didn't listen to him, but I should have)

also, mad men is the best show since the wire.

Are you just picking up on Mad Men now? Amazing show. Best written show on TV hands down.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    do they serve bourbon at the ball park in philly?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHh4F49CUAAU7_g.jpg

Anyone notice this last night? That's pretty stupid.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    81 wrote:

They do. But you have to get it at the full bars. I get mine up in the 300 level at High & Inside Pub.

This is a great invention for finding any beer or booze in the ballpark - http://chocolatecoveredmemories.com/Phi ... dsheet.pdf

You makin' a stop sometime soon?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

They do. But you have to get it at the full bars. I get mine up in the 300 level at High & Inside Pub.

This is a great invention for finding any beer or booze in the ballpark - http://chocolatecoveredmemories.com/Phi ... dsheet.pdf

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....don't tell him about the High and Inside.....are you crazy?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I know. What am I thinking? It's quite the gem. And I can't rave enough about Summer Love overtaking Hop Devil on every draft in the ballpark. Beautiful.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    81 wrote:

only problem with high and inside is the bartenders are awful and move so slowly like they don't have a care in the world.
  • Options
    That the bar upstairs behind home plate?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yes
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yes

Watched a Rangers game in there last year. Not a bad spot. Like pretty much any bar in a ballpark.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yes

Watched a Rangers game in there last year. Not a bad spot. Like pretty much any bar in a ballpark.

the beauty of it is not many people realize it's there...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the beauty of it is not many people realize it's there...

It was one of the playoff games last year and I was trying to find a TV in the stadium aside from McFaddens. Stumbled on it more or less.
This discussion has been closed.