Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    :lol::lol:

what's the weather like in mechanicsburg today?

Currently 38 degrees clear skies. Should reach a high around 46. Overnight lows in the high 20's.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    :lol::lol:

what's the weather like in mechanicsburg today?

Currently 38 degrees clear skies. Should reach a high around 46. Overnight lows in the high 20's.

my friend used to live in camp hill...

what's the barometric pressure look like?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

30.22 in

Dew Point - 16 degrees

Visibility - 10.0 miles

I stay out of Camp Hill. Gangs took it over. A shame, nice town
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

30.22 in

Dew Point - 16 degrees

Visibility - 10.0 miles

I stay out of Camp Hill. Gangs took it over. A shame, nice town

yeah. my friend had a run in with The Van Buren Boys once. gotta know their sign.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    pjhawks wrote:
    positives from monday: revere's 12 pitch walk...dom brown's encouraging approach at the plate...and, of course, 26. score 5 runs, you should win most nights. there's no defending the r6 though. that 5th inning at bat was hard to watch. also---the ump changing his strike zone in the 8th inning did us no favors.

2nd game of the season...but a pretty big one tonight. come on doc...

2nd game of the season and the media and fan base is already in panic mode. love this town sometimes :roll:

and that dykstra book has to be a must read. gotta be some insane stories.

panic mode? god you're an idiot sometimes. it's sort of important to see how halladay does tonight. i assumed people who follow this team know what i'm talking about. 162 game season man. relax...

Good to have ya around - gotta get the boring-day-at-work-Philly-talk going again. Actually, I'm working out your way these days - Oaks, specifically.

And, yes, isn't the irony of our fine "esteemed" and "all-knowing" buddy pjhawks amazing? And, remember, he's got a GREAT eye for the game. Again, I can't speak highly enough of the block feature here on this site.

Aaaanyway, looking forward to tonight. And hopefully the weather gets better as the week gets shorter.

And also - can't wait for The Dude movie - just sucks my favorite player of all-time is a complete waste. Maybe I can mail my signed ball of his to his jail cell to help him pay some bills....then again, that means someone would want to buy it...
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Gonna be a long season
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Season over. :lol::lol:

Anyone see the Young play in the 7th or 8th in which he was called for baserunner interference on his way to 1st. I don't know the rule but his feet were on the white line leading to 1st and the pitcher is throwing the ball from his ass. It seemed like the ump wanted to get out of the rain early.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    Gonna be a long season

:(

hoping they at least take the final game tonight :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliff Lee
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    BEER.
    PHILLIES.
    BASEBALL.
    AMERICA!!

looks like we got ourselves a lil beer garden out in ashburn alley now... :thumbup:
    http://chocolatecoveredmemories.com/Phi ... dsheet.pdf

happy home opener everyone. GO. PHILS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BEER.
    PHILLIES.
    BASEBALL.
    AMERICA!!

looks like we got ourselves a lil beer garden out in ashburn alley now... :thumbup:

Against the arch rival Royals!

Enjoy it if you're going. Hell, enjoy it if you're not.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Of course I have a conflict with the 1st 3 games of my 17 game plan.

Go Phils!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BEER.
    PHILLIES.
    BASEBALL.
    AMERICA!!

Yeah, Victory is making a beer just for the ballpark - looking forward to that. As well as the return of Summer Love. And I thought I would look forward to Federal Donuts at the ballpark, but it looks like a ripoff - two small pieces of chickena and a donut for like $10. Definitely doesn't look worth it. I'll stick to Bull's, sausage and peppers, or the Schmitter for the value.

Being at work sucks, but can't wait for Sunday.
  • Options
    Good start. Young not off to a good start.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    the summer of DOM!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh boy, first 4 innings or so were great

and now a bases clearing triple :fp:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    ouch
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    the summer of DOOM!

fixed.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    In more important news - this just in, Summer Love has replaced Hop Devil in every part of the ballpark on draft. And more importantly in section 323. Praise. Be. To. Fake. God. Thank you.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    ex-Giant bails your asses out. you're welcome.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Can't wait to get down there today. So good to be back into the swing of Sundays spent at FDR drinking beer at 10 AM.

Having a little breakfast and enjoying my cup of coffee...

walterdrinkingcoffee.jpg
  • Options
    nice to see the 25 million dollar man go 3-5 today. Why not K the other two times and go 5-5
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    well almost had another come from behind win :?

Hopefully Halladay gets his shit together tomorrow and pitches decent
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I can't understand how this slipped to page 3. 158-4!

What's up Doc?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    It's 6 games. People are acting like the 15 games below 500 at the break already. Cole and R6 will produce but it sure hasn't looked pretty. Charlie needs to be fired asap,he's already feeling the pressure in a lame duck year. Darin Ruf was brutal in the field but i'd rather deal with that and have a righty bat with pop then Mayberry's slop. Doc need's to go at least 6+ tonight, as the middle relief is Aids.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    It's 6 games. People are acting like the 15 games below 500 at the break already. Cole and R6 will produce but it sure hasn't looked pretty. Charlie needs to be fired asap,he's already feeling the pressure in a lame duck year. Darin Ruf was brutal in the field but i'd rather deal with that and have a righty bat with pop then Mayberry's slop. Doc need's to go at least 6+ tonight, as the middle relief is Aids.

Durbin sucked for the Indians last year, sucked in spring training and has sucked so far. Give Stutes his spot.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:

Durbin sucked for the Indians last year, sucked in spring training and has sucked so far. Give Stutes his spot.
    Durbin was a Brave last year and had a 3.10 era dude. :roll: I do agree about Stutes though!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

He was with Atlanta last year. He was good in the 1st half but really bad in the 2nd half.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Made In American festival in Philly again this year. I had a fucking blast last year. Here's hoping for a decent lineup.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

He was with Atlanta last year. He was good in the 1st half but really bad in the 2nd half.

ah totally forgot he was with the braves last year, some reason thought last year was his indians season. still rather see Stutes.
This discussion has been closed.