Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    last time i did the erin express i ended up getting into a fight with my friend on the side of the schuylkill after our taxi driver kicked us out...then hitched a ride with an ambulance back to manyunk... not good times.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    last time i did the erin express i ended up getting into a fight with my friend on the side of the schuylkill after our taxi driver kicked us out...then hitched a ride with an ambulance back to manyunk... not good times.

:lol:
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    So....how bout that storm?

Aaaanyway, cannot wait for my Sunday plan to kick in and the good weather to get here.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    oh, good....it's back up :mrgreen:

what'd I miss? did you guys all kiss and make up? :corn:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,477
    imalive wrote:
    oh, good....it's back up :mrgreen:

what'd I miss? did you guys all kiss and make up? :corn:

It basically picked up where it left off. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Bernard fuckkng Hopkins at 48 is fighting like a champ. Motherfucker...
  • Options
    joseph and asche sent down yesterday. both performed really well.

would be absolutely huge if those two kids and step it up quickly and make the big league squad next year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow.

There is nothing like a grand urban food market, which can anchor a neighborhood and even a city. Think of the 120-year-old Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia; the Ferry Building in San Francisco, which 10 years ago helped revitalize the Embarcadero; and the ever-popular Pike Place Market in Seattle. Even much-maligned Los Angeles has a permanent mid-city market, in business since 1934.

New York … well, the grandest market “we” have is 80 miles away, in Philadelphia.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/20 ... -new-york/

Love the Ferry Building in San Fran. Gotta get to Pike Place, the woman is there this week. But god damn, didn't expect that love for the Terminal. One of my favorite things about Philly are both the Terminal and the Italian Market. I am at Espisito's every Sunday morning.

And speaking of....was extremely hungover Monday and went to Wursthaus Schmitz for the second time. Word of advice, GO. Have the Bavarian or the Polish. Think I may have liked the Polish a bit more.
  • Options
    doc topping out at 87mph...struggling to locate his pitches...feeling "lethargic"...

not good signs...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    doc topping out at 87mph...struggling to locate his pitches...feeling "lethargic"...

not good signs...
    He's just toying with them :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Hamels named opening day starter.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,477

Hamels and Lee and pray for... um, a day that's rainy.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Hamels and Lee and pray for... um, a day that's rainy.

A wise man said it wasn't realistic to think they would stay healthy.

I think we're in for a long season. Haven't been less excited for an mlb season since the pre-thome vet days.

Bachelor party in Puerto Rico next week will keep my mind off of the debacle that is Philly sports.
  • Options
    Another BOMB for Brown. I hope he keeps this up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Another BOMB for Brown. I hope he keeps this up.
    He better start this year. I don't want to see Ruf or Mayberry.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dom
    dom
    dom
    dom
    dom
    dom
    dom
    dom
    DOM!

if there was ever a phillie who needed to have a good spring, it was dom brown. keep it up kid.

hopefully halladay's alright and it was just the flu. they say he lost 10 pounds just in 2 days or something. that's allotta puking and pooping. i guess his velocity is never going to be what it was, just gotta locate his pitches...

just a couple weeks out now :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    anyone excited for opening night monday? Intriguing season coming up. Got tix for the home opener too which should be cool.

i'm pretty sure i said the same thing last year but these exhibition games in Citizens Bank Park are a bigger joke than NFL pre-season. What is the freaking point and who would possibly go to these games?

Spring Training positives:
    Dom Brown - breakout season? looks like he might have turned a corner if he can stay healthly. look foward to seeing how he progresses.
    Utley - 5 homers in spring. looks like he has his power back. I'm sure Charlie will burn him out and play him until he drops...but he surely looks better than at any point last year so far.
    Ben Revere - looks like a nice addition. hopefully charlie bats him at the top of the order.
    Mike Adams - so far so good. could be a massive addition if returns to form
    Freddy Galvis - great to see him stick. thought they would go the old Phillies way and keep the aging veteran in Betancourt. Wonder if Charlie will have the balls to play him in outfield during the season.

negatives:
    Halladay - days of him being a top rotation starter look to be over. but still a pretty solid #3 if he can stay healthy. if arm is ok velocity not that big of a deal, just needs to adjust a bit. hopefully it's just age and not a bad arm he is hiding again.
    Ruiz - 25 games without your starter and 2 minor leaguers to play 25 games is not a great way to start the season. Hopefully Kratz can hit a few homers at least.
  • Options
    Monday can't get here soon enough. Can't wait just to have the game on on a regular basis or going down to the ballpark to drink beers at FDR and have a catch.

ALSO, in totally unrelated news - going to this tonight...CAN.NOT.WAIT.

http://philadelphia.foobooz.com/2013/02 ... ter-house/

dump-dinner-oyster-house-480x238.jpg
  • Options
    And Cole's mustache is fucking phenomenal.
  • Options
    I read your gm relied on a 7 year old scouting report of delmon young before they signed him. Haha.

I can't say much though. Lyle overbay is the Yankees opening day first baseman
  • Options
    Monday can't get here soon enough. Can't wait just to have the game on on a regular basis or going down to the ballpark to drink beers at FDR and have a catch.

ALSO, in totally unrelated news - going to this tonight...CAN.NOT.WAIT.

http://philadelphia.foobooz.com/2013/02 ... ter-house/

dump-dinner-oyster-house-480x238.jpg

I would do dirty dirty things to that table
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Baseball!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Happy New Year!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Can't wait to go home, walk up the street to pick up some beer, and settle in tonight. Always an awesome day.
  • Options
    Can't wait for tonight. If we stay healthy I truly think this team can win 90-95 games. Revere is leading off,Charlie finally made a good move!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Can't wait for tonight. If we stay healthy I truly think this team can win 90-95 games. Revere is leading off,Charlie finally made a good move!!!!

More optimistic than me and I hope you're right. :)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    the summer of DOM is upon us.....god willing, anyway.

hopefully wb mason doesn't shave off the stache....looks phenomenal. :clap::lol:

GIDDY.
    UP.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936

hopefully wb mason doesn't shave off the stache....looks phenomenal. :clap::lol:

GIDDY.
    UP.
    :D i think he's gonna be our best hitter this season

kinda looking forward to this year, hopefully they will contend for a playoff spot.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

GIDDY.
    UP.

Can't believe he shaved it off. Bullshit. Probably the reason his location is so bad.....
  • Options
    Ya see what happens when you actually take some pitches. Christ.
This discussion has been closed.