Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    R6 starts producing the team starts winning.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Don't shoot the messenger. Look at the by line

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/ ... um=twitter

Understandable but I would bet that attendance is down on the east coast due to some weather conditions. Not winning and bad weather is a bad combination.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    How good does it feel to see Ryan mashing the ball again? I'll tell you, it's awesome. 6 great starts in a row from the rotation. Nobody is going to run away with it this year. Plenty of time to right the ship. Chooch will probably get a standing ovation for his 1st home game but he doesn't deserve it. He set the team back this year.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Jesse Biddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Speaking of...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/patt ... g-war.html

Yeah, like I said.....silly money....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    As deep as pockets as who? The Yankees? Rangers? Red Sox? Angels? Dodgers?

I'm not too worried - they're top 5 in percentage of capacity, average the 7th highest/game, and through 14 games have drew over a half million fans. This is all the while not making the playoffs last year and being an absolutely shitty team. Sure, it's not 2010 anymore but to say this team doesn't have deep pockets, nor the payroll to sustain, is pure gibberish. If anything you're seeing teams like the Yankees and Red Sox fall more back to the pack and there be a more level playing field, instead of the threat of the Phils returning to the dreck of the 90's. Watch in 2015 when they land their TV deal...still gonna be silly money no matter how ya look at it.

I expect the attendance numbers to be where they are and I don't mind it. It's like people don't remember games at The Bank pre-2009 - this is what the crowds looked like.

If things fall apart this year, will it suck? Absolutely. But this whole going into the doldrums for years and years is absolutely ludicrous. This team has the ability to spend with anybody. Also, people are getting way too worked up about how barren the farm system is.

I wasn't saying they don't have deep pockets. They obviously have dough and aren't all of a sudden going to be spending like the Rays but my point was that there are a few teams (Yanks, Dodgers, Boston) that just start with more money and rely a whole lot less on gates than the rest of baseball.
  • Options
    You see that article right above your post? Oh, it's comin' boy...it's comin'....
  • Options
    You see that article right above your post? Oh, it's comin' boy...it's comin'....

I did. And it will be big, no doubt. These deals are going to be the norm now, until the bottom falls out...
  • Options
    Lorenzo's opened and has toppings. Weird.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I did. And it will be big, no doubt. These deals are going to be the norm now, until the bottom falls out...

Which is definitely going to happen.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I saw, only on Tuesdays, though. And that's weird in its own right.

Whattaya know about Gennaro's pizza? I'm picking up tomato pies for my girl's party this weekend - amongst many other things (Jesus Christ chick's birthday parties are the WORST...especially 30th ones) - and I'm down to Corropolese, Gennaro's and Cacia's. I'd go with Gennaro's but I hear they only open at 5pm...and that's stupid.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Which is definitely going to happen.

Oh for sure. These deals are in no way sustainable.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whattaya know about Gennaro's pizza? I'm picking up tomato pies for my girl's party this weekend - amongst many other things (Jesus Christ chick's birthday parties are the WORST...especially 30th ones) - and I'm down to Corropolese, Gennaro's and Cacia's. I'd go with Gennaro's but I hear they only open at 5pm...and that's stupid.

I am not familiar with Gennao's. My hatred for tomato pies knows no boundaries so I am no good for input on that. Cacia's white pies are phenomenal though.
  • Options
    You are missing out my friend. Frankly, I find it offensive.
  • Options

I find tomato pie offensive, incredibly. Just put fucking cheese on it.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think you're not opening your mind to what "tomato pie" really is - I know a bunch of different kinds that have cheese on them. You gotta try Gennaro's. I'm tellin ya - you would love it. Thing is I'm trying to find out if there's anyway to get my hand on some pies before their stupid opening time of 5 pm.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think you're not opening your mind to what "tomato pie" really is - I know a bunch of different kinds that have cheese on them. You gotta try Gennaro's. I'm tellin ya - you would love it. Thing is I'm trying to find out if there's anyway to get my hand on some pies before their stupid opening time of 5 pm.

The ones with the cheese on the bottom? Beat it. Put the cheese on top. What tomato pie really is, is a half assed pizza.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The ones with the cheese on the bottom? Beat it. Put the cheese on top. What tomato pie really is, is a half assed pizza.

You're insane. It tastes soooo much better than regular ol' shitty pizza.

That's it - we're goin to Gennaro's at some point.
  • Options

Crazy talk.

I will go, then we will go to Lorenzo's or any other good pizza place, and you will lose.
  • Options
    Sidecar on that idiotic show tonight.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

IT'S FLAAAAVVVVOOOORRRRR TOWWNNNNNNN

Yeah, I know, can't wait. They're putting it on in there tonight - of course - so I might stop in.....

...I'm starting to become a regular....don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

IT'S FLAAAAVVVVOOOORRRRR TOWWNNNNNNN

Yeah, I know, can't wait. They're putting it on in there tonight - of course - so I might stop in.....

...I'm starting to become a regular....don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Ha...it happens.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

gotta go corropolese out of those 3.

but i'd take the conshy bakery over that though. and... you don't have to go to norristown to get it. hey oh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    tightness in strasburg's arm? uh oh... :eh:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tightness in strasburg's arm? uh oh... :eh:

Has he made it past the 7th yet? Even Kendrick has done that. :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Breaking News: A severe case of whiplash has spread throughout the team! :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    How good does it feel to see Ryan mashing the ball again? I'll tell you, it's awesome. 6 great starts in a row from the rotation. Nobody is going to run away with it this year. Plenty of time to right the ship. Chooch will probably get a standing ovation for his 1st home game but he doesn't deserve it. He set the team back this year.

Philly fans are funny
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Crazy talk.

I will go, then we will go to Lorenzo's or any other good pizza place, and you will lose.

though I do enjoy tomato pie, I gotta agree with cliff here. philly pizza sucks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Breaking News: A severe case of whiplash has spread throughout the team! :lol:

so has a severe case of suck.

I want to see howard and fat ass young sumo wrestle. lose some weight you slobs

this team really blows

in other news...met jim james last night. cool mf'er. and I bought a 2500 sq ft house. craziness abound
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I think the Indians hit another HR this morning

That was insane last night
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
This discussion has been closed.