Options

Why do people feel so entitled to 10C tickets?

Comments

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't see how that is mathematically possible unless you assume that the number of people who tried for hours, constantly, exactly matched the number of 10C tickets available. I really do think that some of you have talked yourself into thinking that good luck is actually a payoff for all your F5ing. There is simply no way that anyone who persistently F5'd always got tickets to shows with a very high demand. No f'n way. If it makes your feel better to believe that, well, have at it. But it's kind of delusional.

I personally know one other person who is 100%, and seen many others post about it, or post they were nearly 100%. Maybe there are only a dozen people... who knows. I really think that some of you have talked yourself in to hating F5 so much, facts don't matter.

For the record, scored my first choice in the lottery for Wrigley... felt so dirty. Karma's a bitch!
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    i got shut out for the Vic 10c only show and EV in Chicago. I got tix to EV in St Louis and made the 5hr drive. I could have used TM for EV in Chi, but for whatever reason, I didn't, that was my choice.

that PJ20 sale...looking back, I don't know how I sat in front of that computer (which is prolly 5 yrs old) for 8 hrs doing the same thing. I left work around 2pm b/c I think they took the servers down or something, maybe I just took a chance, but had to make dinner, going from one room to the other, then on the boards looking for any kind of freaking information I could find. It was crazy. I get tired after 8hrs of just work on the computer and can't hardly turn it on when I get home. I don't know how I did it, doing the same thing over and over...

just saying, whatever is fine. I think their intial goal was to reward the original fans, when they were still a fan, and now it's turned into this huge thing and it's really hard to know which way to go with it.

we know, that they know, what it's like to be outside when your fav band is playing. it's part of the reason people are so passionate.

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    AP30511 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen/read today on here. I've been a very passionate fan since the first time I saw them in 1995 when I was 12 years old and try to see them whenever possible. They are and have been a major influence in my life. However, getting tickets to see them is not my #1 priority. I've got kids, a wife and a full time job. I can't afford sitting at a computer for 9+ hours hitting the F5 key. So anyone who thinks that you are not a real passionate fan if you don't devote a whole day to hitting the F5 key repeatedly, you are out of your mind. I love the new lottery system, as it gives everyone an equal chance to get tickets and you don't have to devote an entire day trying to get tickets. And oh yeah, I got denied for Wrigley today. Missoula too. And PJ20 as well after the F5 fiasco. Made it to those others and will make it to Wrigley. Give the 10C a break, they're doing their best and we should be appreciative.

Your flawed assumption is getting tickets has to be your #1 priority. Again, people are just inserting their own opinions on this topic. It just needs to be A priority.
    If you believe 8 hours of F5ing makes sense, then so be it dude.

Why do you keep going back to a 1 time event? PJ20 was an outlier, not the norm. I usually scored tickets in 10 minutes. Let's talk about that!
    spryguy09 wrote:
    And those are your words, not mine. I've been seeing posts all day from people who say they've never missed out on a tour because they would be at the computer ready to buy tix right when they went on sale. That's great if they have the ability to do that. But there are a lot of people who never had that chance because they need to work, and would get, what's the term, oh yeah...they would get SHUT OUT of the 10C tickets.

People need to have some perspective here. The same amount of people get "shut out" of 10C tickets for every show if we need to F5 or if it's a lottery. It's just with the lottery, everyone has an equal chance of getting tickets which is the way it should be.

I didn't try to put words in YOUR mouth, so there is no need to say "those are your words, not mine".

Please research this before you go posting your opinions. I realize that this board is full of liberals, but I assume at least more than half work. Some of us even have very challenging careers. But most people also get vacation, which they can choose to use or not. Some have trouble taking vacation (teachers), so they can arrange for a friend or family member to help with tickets. It's not rocket science, it just takes planning. This simple point has been made in many posts on the subject.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    MG79478 wrote:

Why do you keep going back to a 1 time event? PJ20 was an outlier, not the norm. I usually scored tickets in 10 minutes. Let's talk about that!

F5 wasn't really a popular term until the PJ20 sale. MSG sales took hours to buy back in 2008. The popular shows require a lot of time to set aside to purchase them. Wrigley would have been another 3-6 hours of F5ing under the old system. So when you say go back to F5 that sounds ridiculous. What is also ridiculous is you believing everyone can get a ticket if they just try hard for 15 minutes.

If you want to go back to a system like Ticketmaster that can handle the traffic, then that seems reasonable.
  • Options
    spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446
    MG79478 wrote:
    AP30511 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen/read today on here. I've been a very passionate fan since the first time I saw them in 1995 when I was 12 years old and try to see them whenever possible. They are and have been a major influence in my life. However, getting tickets to see them is not my #1 priority. I've got kids, a wife and a full time job. I can't afford sitting at a computer for 9+ hours hitting the F5 key. So anyone who thinks that you are not a real passionate fan if you don't devote a whole day to hitting the F5 key repeatedly, you are out of your mind. I love the new lottery system, as it gives everyone an equal chance to get tickets and you don't have to devote an entire day trying to get tickets. And oh yeah, I got denied for Wrigley today. Missoula too. And PJ20 as well after the F5 fiasco. Made it to those others and will make it to Wrigley. Give the 10C a break, they're doing their best and we should be appreciative.

Your flawed assumption is getting tickets has to be your #1 priority. Again, people are just inserting their own opinions on this topic. It just needs to be A priority.

spryguy09 wrote:
    And those are your words, not mine. I've been seeing posts all day from people who say they've never missed out on a tour because they would be at the computer ready to buy tix right when they went on sale. That's great if they have the ability to do that. But there are a lot of people who never had that chance because they need to work, and would get, what's the term, oh yeah...they would get SHUT OUT of the 10C tickets.

People need to have some perspective here. The same amount of people get "shut out" of 10C tickets for every show if we need to F5 or if it's a lottery. It's just with the lottery, everyone has an equal chance of getting tickets which is the way it should be.

I didn't try to put words in YOUR mouth, so there is no need to say "those are your words, not mine".

Please research this before you go posting your opinions. I realize that this board is full of liberals, but I assume at least more than half work. Some of us even have very challenging careers. But most people also get vacation, which they can choose to use or not. Some have trouble taking vacation (teachers), so they can arrange for a friend or family member to help with tickets. It's not rocket science, it just takes planning. This simple point has been made in many posts on the subject.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I must have misread your saying to me "your words, not mine". I was just starting my post with the same comment that you made in mine to be sarcastic dude. I'll start "researching" more on the opinions I have about the same posts I've read from so many people here. I thought my "opinion" didn't require me to do additional research, but I'll get on that boss.
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    I'm a liberal - and a professor - and a therapist - and soon to be Dad. I can't wait to test out the lottery in a few years.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    I did read other posts, and from those posts is that I've read that F5ing was considered skill and hard work...
    yeah,..knowing the tricks,have fast internet,multiple acounts,multiple browsers,its hard work and skills for some people
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    zman wrote:
    there was no "luck" with F5, if you were diligent enough you could score tickets. if you were lazy and gave up you didnt. so those who wanted to go to the show the most got the tickets, those who didnt, didnt.

in a nutshell those are the people who u want at the show no? not just the "well if i get them i guess i will go" people
    not necessarily...I'm more passionate about going to PJ shows than I am about many things in my life, but there were many times I could not sit at a desk and hit F5 over and over again. Not everyone's circumstances are the same, although I definitely did whatever I could to make myself available to hit F5 all day when possible.

Exactly. For zman to say those that gave up were lazy and didn't want to go to the show the most is fucking ridiculous. People have jobs and lives to worry about over sitting at a fucking computer all day. Also- there was "luck" with the F5 fiasco. Plenty of people sat at their computer for hours and got shutout. I really can't believe some of the shit I am reading around here today.
    yep...exactly this
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DN46518 wrote:
    Excellent post.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    MG79478 wrote:
    zman wrote:
    there was no "luck" with F5, if you were diligent enough you could score tickets. if you were lazy and gave up you didnt. so those who wanted to go to the show the most got the tickets, those who didnt, didnt.

in a nutshell those are the people who u want at the show no? not just the "well if i get them i guess i will go" people

Spot on zman. Myself and many others were 100% on F5 (on plenty of shows too), we were still trying while others were posting complaints. EVERYONE has a life, and other commitments. SOME chose to make 10C tickets a priority, which came at a cost that some where willing to pay, and some weren't.

Taking this in to account, you can understand why F5 is the optimal system. For those who don't make tickets a priority, it's essentially a lottery. For those rabid fans willing to invest the time and effort, tickets were nearly guaranteed. The lottery is not all it's cracked up to be, and many of us saw this coming.
    Unless everyone has the exact same type of job with the exact same work and family commitments, you just can't make the comparison. If you have a newborn or you're a doctor and you're prioritizing 10c tix over the care of your child or patients...then those might be some screwy priorities. I don't care what system 10c uses, I'm gonna try for tix regardless. Fortunately when PJ20 tix went on sale I was able to sit and try for 8 hours...my husband tried for 7.5 hours until he finally had to leave for work...which is when I scored them and I was elated! That rocked. I was over the moon. It didn't take any kind of skill to hit the F5 button though and there wasn't any kind of hard work involved. That's just silliness :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    I dont feel entitled for tix, but I feel entitled to have equal opprotunity for every show that I want to go to. Not sure if that is the case now. Major cities with 2 shows are allegedly going to be limited to one night for 10c tix. I travel to cities with 2 shows so I dont have to book multiple hotels/flights/buses. What if I wanted to do a third show after a two night stand, now that is ranked low and I probably wont get it anyways. I understand that there are different avenues to get tix, but my membership is now doing less for me than before and the price has gone up. This new system is going to make it very hard to plan a trip to see some concerts especially that plan in groups which there are a lot of. PS not to brag, I got tix today, along with everyone in my travelling group...
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Yeah I suppose there is some entitlement thing but I think I a lot of it is just people expressing their hurt which is fine to vent. PJ and their music is an escape from many of our sometimes daily depressing lives.
  • Options
    tenclub tickets is really the only reason to be in the tenclub. those of us who have had the luxury of getting tickets to as many shows as we want throughout the years...we count on tenclub to provide us the best concert experience. I sure as hell wouldn't have seen them as many time as I have if it weren't for the awesome seats that I used to be "guaranteed".

I know there is about a 90% chance that I wont bother traveling more than an hour to a show if I don't have good seats. So I guess its time to start cutting back. Many of you look forward to that im sure...but its sad really. I look forward to being up close and personal and be able to SEE and HEAR the band...

Hell it was easier to get tickets in 95 and 96 when they only played a handful of shows that weren't TM...then 98 was the best method...it worked...and yet somehow...I went from sitting 2-3rd row back in 98....to further back on each tour since. Doesn't make ANY sense since I still have my same number as I got in 95.

the lottery is bogus. what is going to happen when they have a legitimate tour? we will have to throw our name in the hat for 10 shows in hopes of getting 1....and that 1 may be a plane ride away. theres no way to plan anything with this band anymore...I sincerely hope tenclub figures out another way.....perhaps they should spend that increase fanclub fee to invest in a legitimate server or rent another host server for times of ticket needs. GIVE US A CHOICE! Or go back to playing non-TM venues so they can play tenclub only shows.

and for fucks sake...release ALL the dates of the fall tour at once! and if you insist on lottery...stagger those so those of us who get shafted can enter the lottery for the next closest show.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    chriszee wrote:
    I dont feel entitled for tix, but I feel entitled to have equal opprotunity for every show that I want to go to. Not sure if that is the case now. Major cities with 2 shows are allegedly going to be limited to one night for 10c tix. I travel to cities with 2 shows so I dont have to book multiple hotels/flights/buses. What if I wanted to do a third show after a two night stand, now that is ranked low and I probably wont get it anyways. I understand that there are different avenues to get tix, but my membership is now doing less for me than before and the price has gone up. This new system is going to make it very hard to plan a trip to see some concerts especially that plan in groups which there are a lot of. PS not to brag, I got tix today, along with everyone in my travelling group...

well said...hard to plan and if multiple shows...which I prefer as well to make a trip out of it...but if I only get tix to one show...im kinda screwed. I just renewed my membership...I should've switched to the cheaper option...next year I will...
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    the tickets are a BONUS for me. I'm into 10c for alot more than just tickets.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    tremorvoid wrote:
    I sure as hell wouldn't have seen them as many time as I have if it weren't for the awesome seats that I used to be "guaranteed".

Sound like a true fan that deserves to keep getting guaranteed seats. :roll:
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    The first post was too long to read so i gave up.

Short answer people now a days feel entitled to everything and anything. Old timers who say I've spent more money on this band than you need the shit slapped out them. It's not about money or time or whatever. It's about meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends and listening to music. I've had many beers tonight and too be honest the self entitlement on this board makes welfare look like people who are just broke. Get over yourself if you have been a member since 94 we get it you're the biggest fan in the world. Now take that self imposed crown and shove it up your ass.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Pittsburgh Posts: 171
    Amen. Hail, Hail! Overall, I have loved this band since I was 13...I am 26 now!! I can actually remember listening to them when I was about 5-6 with my older brother. I remembered I was always amazed he knew all of the words to Evenflow because I could not understand what Ed was saying for the life of me. Annnywaaayss, I was in the fan club in 6th grade and kept it going for a couple of years but let it expire like a dumbass in high school. I have been in the fan club the past 8 years now and yes, it blows that I let it lapse and lost seniority. Although, I would never have seniority like some of the people because I was simply too young. That does NOT mean I do not love this band as much as the next person in this family. And I also think it would be nice if I had the chance to have some of the good seats that those people feel they are entitled to and basically end up getting every tour. Can't we all just get along and feel the PJ love rather than look down upon the young ones like myself?!? If I could've had someone join the fanclub in my name when I was 4 in 1990 instead of starting a savings account for me...I would've! But, instead here I am...a younger Pearl Jam fan probably more passionate than most...shut out always because my number is too low. However, you never hear me bitch because I am just happy to be at the shows...no matter where I am. Annnnnnnnnnd rant over! :wave:
    I miss you alreddie.
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:
    I sure as hell wouldn't have seen them as many time as I have if it weren't for the awesome seats that I used to be "guaranteed".

Sound like a true fan that deserves to keep getting guaranteed seats. :roll:

yeah yeah....ive spent all my extra money on this band since 95...seen them almost 90 times...so keep rolling your eyes...I know im a hardcore fan...I don't need your approval...
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Seniority doesn't mean shit. I was in the Army for most of my adult life. My thinking was simple I'm deployed for 10 months out of the year Pearl Jam rarely play down here (Southern States) why waste 20 bucks. But yeah it's my fault and I'm not as big as a fan as joe cool who has been a member since 93. Seniority only counts for seats. As far as a lotto tough shit sit in the pile with us and stop complaining.

My biggest grip is all these fuckers who say I've been to 25 shows and have never been able to secure 10c tixs and now they are whining like a baby because they don't get 10c tixs for one show. Grow the fuck up you fucking baby. Oh waaah one show out off 25 poor poor baby. Some of these members need to get over thier self you're not in the band you're a fucking fan paying to be in a club shut the fuck up
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:

yeah yeah....ive spent all my extra money on this band since 95...seen them almost 90 times...so keep rolling your eyes...I know im a hardcore fan...I don't need your approval...

Would you like a trophy, medal or pat on the back?
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    tremorvoid wrote:

nope but I sure wish the people on this board were much cooler and kinder....like they were back in day...glad I already have all my PJ tour buddies...because people on here are the nasty ones...ugh....

you all voice your opinions...I will do the same when I feel like it...

be sound crazy meanies! :lol:
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    BeeGirl86 wrote:
    Amen. Hail, Hail! Overall, I have loved this band since I was 13...I am 26 now!! I can actually remember listening to them when I was about 5-6 with my older brother. I remembered I was always amazed he knew all of the words to Evenflow because I could not understand what Ed was saying for the life of me. Annnywaaayss, I was in the fan club in 6th grade and kept it going for a couple of years but let it expire like a dumbass in high school. I have been in the fan club the past 8 years now and yes, it blows that I let it lapse and lost seniority. Although, I would never have seniority like some of the people because I was simply too young. That does NOT mean I do not love this band as much as the next person in this family. And I also think it would be nice if I had the chance to have some of the good seats that those people feel they are entitled to and basically end up getting every tour. Can't we all just get along and feel the PJ love rather than look down upon the young ones like myself?!? If I could've had someone join the fanclub in my name when I was 4 in 1990 instead of starting a savings account for me...I would've! But, instead here I am...a younger Pearl Jam fan probably more passionate than most...shut out always because my number is too low. However, you never hear me bitch because I am just happy to be at the shows...no matter where I am. Annnnnnnnnnd rant over! :wave:

yeah, my fault for being 8 MONTHS OLD when Vitalogy came out so i haven't been a fan for as long as many as lot of people here but it does not mean that i don't deserve to see them as much as them. i've been devoting my life to this band since i was 12 but i only got analog a year ago with my 18th birthday money. i can't stand when people who have been to 683923068432 shows complain about how everything is so unfair but i've never gotten a chance to even see pearl jam once. at least this year i can probably afford to travel so i'm excited about that.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    tremorvoid wrote:

nope but I sure wish the people on this board were much cooler and kinder....like they were back in day...glad I already have all my PJ tour buddies...because people on here are the nasty ones...ugh....

you all voice your opinions...I will do the same when I feel like it...

be sound crazy meanies! :lol:

Dude you can voice your opinion but when it's been said 1,000 times in one day it makes it seem like it's whining plain and simple. We get it you have been a member since 93 or whatever but bitching because you got shut out of one show does not make you seem like one of the "cool" members. It makes you seem like a self entitled fucker.

Let me ask you this. I was in the army stationed in the south. PJ never came to the south so why should i join a fan club for tickets. Then due to circumstances I had a fear of large crowds after i got help for PTSD i joined the fan so you're more important than me? Even though I have bought every CD atleast twice but not been to any shows till 2010 you're more important than someone else. Fuckin get over yourself
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I'm in Australia, so I didn't try get tickets. I have also never missed out on tickets I wanted before, despite getting close with a few EV shows indeed.

I have also NEVER complained or whinged about the TenClub, ever.

An ongoing member for 17 years now, the main reason we pay our money to the TenClub is for the hope a tour announcement and the security of knowing we, as fans paying a premium for the privilege, can get rad tickets before the general public fans (who are not paying the premium). We don't pay it for the forum, nor the 45" or the 8x10 or whatever... we pay it for the tickets. If Pearl Jam can't guarantee us the tickets when we want them, as premium paying TenClub members, then they shouldn't offer the service at all, nor charge us for it... just make the 45" available in the shop and be done with the TenClub.

"Fans are fans ad they all deserve tickets!" Yes, I agree, totally. But if some fans pay a premium to be part of a TenClub community to ensure tickets when we want them, then we should get them.

To the argument that "Pearl Jam aren't allocated many tickets for the fanclub release..." Bullshit! They are the fucking headline act that booked the venue. They can have all the tickets if they want. During the TenClub presale window they should sell up to the capacity of the venue. If it's full of TenClubbers and sold out, well it's sold out and full of fans who paid the premium of access to early full-priced tickets.

If someone is paying their $50 for the 45" and the magazine (both cool items, btw, but not worth that money alone), they are a dickhead. I expect to get tickets through the TenClub and should, for the annual cost.

I hope the TenClub read this post before they announce an Australian tour.

My question is... in 1996 when the band was undoubtedly at it's biggest and most in demand, did TenClubbers ever miss out on tickets through the TenClub? If the answer is no, something needs to be fixed! I remember the NY 200 bootleg mentioning something like 9,000 TenClubbers each night at MSG.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Seriously how much money you spent on the band or how long you've been listening to them or how much do they mean to you... how can you compare that? I mean everyone who suscribed to TC are die-hard fans and that's it!
    It's just that lottery thing is ridiculous, I mean in a lottery you pay something and you don't know what you're getting but you're getting something! Fuck let's do a lottery and 10 TC members get to see the show from the stage, that would be a freakin lotto! But for a paying show thats wicked, let the fans from Chicago And Illinois get the chance to score nominative TC tickets for a few days and then open to the rest of the Fan club, that's the only thing that makes sense to me (I'm not leaving there btw). What's next? Would guys like a lotto so only a few get the chance to buy the deluxe LP edition of the new album? Would you like that?!!
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Why do people feel so entitled to 10C tickets?

Because this nation's education system has failed the people. It has created a populace of drone workers who cant critically think to save their lives.

Thousands of people trying for hundreds of pairs of tickets.

How can someone not understand that that means you might not get tickets? Only conclusion I can come up with is they haven't learned how to think properly. This is simple stuff here. Oh well... guess I'll just blame Rockefeller.
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    I'm in Australia, so I didn't try get tickets. I have also never missed out on tickets I wanted before, despite getting close with a few EV shows indeed.

An ongoing member for 17 years now, the main reason we pay our money to the TenClub is for the hope a tour announcement and the security of knowing we, as fans paying a premium for the privilege, can get rad tickets before the general public fans (who are not paying the premium). We don't pay it for the forum, nor the 45" or the 8x10 or whatever... we pay it for the tickets. If Pearl Jam can't guarantee us the tickets when we want them, as premium paying TenClub members, then they shouldn't offer the service at all, nor charge us for it... just make the 45" available in the shop and be done with the TenClub.

"Fans are fans ad they all deserve tickets!" Yes, I agree, totally. But if some fans pay a premium to be part of a TenClub community to ensure tickets when we want them, then we should get them.

To the argument that "Pearl Jam aren't allocated many tickets for the fanclub release..." Bullshit! They are the fucking headline act that booked the venue. They can have all the tickets if they want. During the TenClub presale window they should sell up to the capacity of the venue. If it's full of TenClubbers and sold out, well it's sold out and full of fans who paid the premium of access to early full-priced tickets.

If someone is paying their $50 for the 45" and the magazine (both cool items, btw, but not worth that money alone), they are a dickhead. I expect to get tickets through the TenClub and should, for the annual cost.

My question is... in 1996 when the band was undoubtedly at it's biggest and most in demand, did TenClubbers ever miss out on tickets through the TenClub? If the answer is no, something needs to be fixed! I remember the NY 200 bootleg mentioning something like 9,000 TenClubbers each night at MSG.
    just to add something in your thought..
    someone from Argentina why to become 10c member before 05??
    they never played there before
    me,why to be member before 06??and why to keep my membership??they will never play here again..
    and do you think,that 10c go to a meeting for book a venue and will say we want all the venue,cos we can sell it??and they just get it??
    venues has contracts with ticket companies,season holders,promoters..

at 96 the members wasnt so many 10c member as are today..
    tickets are nt enough for all..and people will shut out..
    they just fixed the system to run smooth..they didnt put the lottery and the tickets they had for saler are more..
    are the same as they can get as always..just the system is different..
  • Options
    Seriously how much money you spent on the band or how long you've been listening to them or how much do they mean to you... how can you compare that? I mean everyone who suscribed to TC are die-hard fans and that's it!
    It's just that lottery thing is ridiculous, I mean in a lottery you pay something and you don't know what you're getting but you're getting something! Fuck let's do a lottery and 10 TC members get to see the show from the stage, that would be a freakin lotto! But for a paying show thats wicked, let the fans from Chicago And Illinois get the chance to score nominative TC tickets for a few days and then open to the rest of the Fan club, that's the only thing that makes sense to me (I'm not leaving there btw). What's next? Would guys like a lotto so only a few get the chance to buy the deluxe LP edition of the new album? Would you like that?!!

Angree, it shouldn't be a gamble/lottery for a premium paying fan to see their favourite band. We pay for the ticket, and for paying the premium we should have access to early tickets, not maybe-access. Ridiculous! If the TenClub was free, or in line with the 45" and the magazine, then yeah, allow a lottery. but not $50 a year.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Ty wrote:

just to add something in your thought..
    someone from Argentina why to become 10c member before 05??
    they never played there before
    me,why to be member before 06??and why to keep my membership??they will never play here again..
    and do you think,that 10c go to a meeting for book a venue and will say we want all the venue,cos we can sell it??and they just get it??
    venues has contracts with ticket companies,season holders,promoters..

at 96 the members wasnt so many 10c member as are today..
    tickets are nt enough for all..and people will shut out..
    they just fixed the system to run smooth..they didnt put the lottery and the tickets they had for saler are more..
    are the same as they can get as always..just the system is different..

TenClub membership was a hell of a lot cheaper in '05/'06. And you travel to shows, so early access to tickets is worth it to you, so you paid the premium. I pay each and every year too, in hope of a tour I want tickets to, which I should be entitled to access, not gamble for.
This discussion has been closed.