MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2013
    JK36392 wrote:
    thanks, Bob.
    :lol::lol: You're Welcome
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944
    Hey, pretty sure I'm going to stay at the Hyatt. Just curious what people are getting for a price.

The best I can find is for about 165-170 a night.

Is this the best price or are others getting it for cheaper?

If your getting it for cheaper where did you get it from?

Thanks

Whatever rates you find on the website, if you or one of your people are a AAA member, use that discount. It will be cheaper.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I'm at the Hyatt at well, 18-21st! You can put my name down, Chris.

If you are coming from Midway or O'Hare, you can take the L from the airport to the hotel area. I would only do this if you are carrying a small bag with you though. If you have a ton of luggage, a shuttle or cab would be the best bet.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    JP153162JP153162 MN Posts: 25
    Any thoughts on the Acme Hotel Company? We have a group of 9 of us that booked there right away just to make sure we have a decent place. We also bought a 3 day pass for the cta on Groupon for $9. Plan on taking the train to the show. As I'm sure most will do.
  • Options
    jcckjcjcckjc Posts: 91
    I booked at the Hyatt also.
  • Options
    We booked the Hyatt. It's on!
    Boston 4-10-94; Boston 9-28-04; Boston 5-24-06; Mansfield 6-28-08; Mansfield 6-30-08; East Troy 9-03-11; East Troy 9-04-11; Chicago 7-19-13; Worcester 9-15-13; Worcester 9-16-13; Hartford 9-25-13
  • Options
    Anyone else staying at the Old Chicago Inn??

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... inois.html

Unlike everyone else on these boards, i didn't think about booking my hotel until i WON the tix..:( I know, rookie move..

And apparently its a bed and breakfast..and i might be sharing a bathroom with strangers..oh well. could be worse. Could be that Tokyo Drift hotel.. :lol:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm booked at the Hyatt for now - hotels.com $179/night + fees brought it up to about $622 for 3 nights. I booked to secure a spot at this place since it seems like where the party is at :D but I haven't gotten tickets yet so I don't want to commit to anything 'non-refundable' until I do. If I DO score tix though, I'll call the hotel directly for that AAA rate or try to 'Name my own Price' lol

I hope to meet some ten clubbers :D

And it's my first time in Chicago!!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    edited February 2013
    Whoa. If you have a reservation at the Hyatt and got a decent rate back when the lottery just started, fyi, adding an extra night is suddenly crazy expensive. I added a night because my flight was way cheaper that way (for some fucking reason), and that last night is nearly double the original rate for the room I booked! :shock: It completely wiped put the savings on the flight. I made the mistake of assuming they'd honour the rate I already had for one more night .... But I'm glad to have an extra day in Chi-Town so I can check more of it out. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Whoa. If you have a reservation at the Hyatt and got a recent rate back when the lottery just started, fyi, adding an extra night is suddenly crazy expensive. I added a night because my flight was way cheaper that way (for some fucking reason), and that last night is nearly double the original rate for the room I booked! :shock: It completely wiped put the savings on the flight. I made the mistake of assuming they'd honour the rate I already had for one more night .... But I'm glad to have an extra day in Chi-Town so I can check more of it out. :)
    Oh yeah... I looked tonight thru my work discount page and the best I could get was around $250-260 a night. Sucks to be me for waiting too long, but there are places closer to the red line for considerably less and just as nice.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Whoa. If you have a reservation at the Hyatt and got a recent rate back when the lottery just started, fyi, adding an extra night is suddenly crazy expensive. I added a night because my flight was way cheaper that way (for some fucking reason), and that last night is nearly double the original rate for the room I booked! :shock: It completely wiped put the savings on the flight. I made the mistake of assuming they'd honour the rate I already had for one more night .... But I'm glad to have an extra day in Chi-Town so I can check more of it out. :)
    Oh yeah... I looked tonight thru my work discount page and the best I could get was around $250-260 a night. Sucks to be me for waiting too long, but there are places closer to the red line for considerably less and just as nice.

do you have any in mind?
  • Options
    Wanted to get the room yesterday at the Hyatt :fp: . My travel buddy didn't get back to me again although I spent a 1/2 hr helping him get a great flight price. Now the cost to stay at the Hyatt is too high :evil: . It's lucky for him "he" has the GA tickets or else I'd be pissed :lol: . I guess priceline is going to decide where we're staying now.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Huskers20 wrote:
    As a local, and I have a friend who is a regional manager with a hotel company that has multiple properties, he told me once they announced concert they raised rates $100, he said in time they will come back down, but, it was easy to raise them now.....look at the demand now....

So if you want to lock in a refundable rate so you don't have to worry go for it, but plan on getting better rates as it gets closer.....

Looking at what other people are saying in the thread, there is no way I would stay at the Days Inn in Lincoln Park.

Good luck, and like tickets the prices will come down.
    I would not bank on this. I have been in the hotel business for over 15 years. Downtown and O'Hare. Chicago sells out on the weekends. Especially in the summer. I would book your room now and still continue to look. Because they are forecasting high occupancy this summer and the rates will go up if they are seeing compression.

Just remember.

1) Like in anything you pay for what you get. If you are paying $60 say hello to some bed bugs.
    2) Parking is gold downtown so you will pay for that. Book no in and out because you can get to everything via Public transportation once you’re in the city or walk.
    3) Watch out for book early and save rates and advance purchase rates because you cannot cancel. Once you booked it you are locked in and they will not give in.

Me personally do not have a problem getting my hotel room but have no ticket to the show. I'll be there damn it!!!
  • Options
    reserved multiple rooms already. Counting down the days
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 678
    Booked two rooms yesterday got AAA price of $152 / night plus taxes came to $177
    for Friday night. Checked prices today just for kicks and it was $271 total. Yikes!
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    jalucas365jalucas365 Carmel, IN Posts: 7
    JP153162 wrote:
    Any thoughts on the Acme Hotel Company? We have a group of 9 of us that booked there right away just to make sure we have a decent place. We also bought a 3 day pass for the cta on Groupon for $9. Plan on taking the train to the show. As I'm sure most will do.

If you are going to purchase through Groupon, be sure to go through Ebates first as you will get another 3% back from Ebates. It's not much, but every little bit helps!

Here is a link, in case you don't have an account.
    http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid= ... Rm5g%3D%3D
    Release Me
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Waited too long to book the extra night. Looks like two nights downtown and a night by one of the airports.

Which is probably a smart move, financially, on the liver, for the hangover etc...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    shadowcast wrote:
    Huskers20 wrote:
    As a local, and I have a friend who is a regional manager with a hotel company that has multiple properties, he told me once they announced concert they raised rates $100, he said in time they will come back down, but, it was easy to raise them now.....look at the demand now....

So if you want to lock in a refundable rate so you don't have to worry go for it, but plan on getting better rates as it gets closer.....

Looking at what other people are saying in the thread, there is no way I would stay at the Days Inn in Lincoln Park.

I would not bank on this. I have been in the hotel business for over 15 years. Downtown and O'Hare. Chicago sells out on the weekends. Especially in the summer. I would book your room now and still continue to look. Because they are forecasting high occupancy this summer and the rates will go up if they are seeing compression.

Just remember.

1) Like in anything you pay for what you get. If you are paying $60 say hello to some bed bugs.
    2) Parking is gold downtown so you will pay for that. Book no in and out because you can get to everything via Public transportation once you’re in the city or walk.
    3) Watch out for book early and save rates and advance purchase rates because you cannot cancel. Once you booked it you are locked in and they will not give in.

Me personally do not have a problem getting my hotel room but have no ticket to the show. I'll be there damn it!!!

As someone in the biz, does an event at Wrigley with perhaps 15,000 out-of-towners really impact hotel demand in such a huge city?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Huskers20 wrote:

Just remember.

As someone in the biz, does an event at Wrigley with perhaps 15,000 out-of-towners really impact hotel demand in such a huge city?
    It's not just the PJ concert that's happening. There are other things going on there during that time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Hey there,

I'm staying at the Hyatt, but before I booked I was doing some Hotwire looking. After seeing how much the Hyatt prices have increased, I checked again, and there is still a really good result on Hotwire, for a little bit less than what the Hyatt was going for.

If you search for July 18-July 21 (seems like that is what a lot of people are doing) there is a 4.5* Michigan Ave/River North result for $151. It has a 95% approval rating--I am *pretty* sure this is the James Hotel. There is another similar result that has 85% approval rating, and I think this is the Intercontinental.

Either way, a good deal, for people who are still looking. :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Candilea wrote:
    Hey there,

I'm staying at the Hyatt, but before I booked I was doing some Hotwire looking. After seeing how much the Hyatt prices have increased, I checked again, and there is still a really good result on Hotwire, for a little bit less than what the Hyatt was going for.

If you search for July 18-July 21 (seems like that is what a lot of people are doing) there is a 4.5* Michigan Ave/River North result for $151. It has a 95% approval rating--I am *pretty* sure this is the James Hotel. There is another similar result that has 85% approval rating, and I think this is the Intercontinental.

Either way, a good deal, for people who are still looking. :)

thanks...I usually like haveing a diversion during tax season, so finding flights/hotels for Chicago will be it this season! Last tax season, I was planning my PJ in Amsterdam / Stones Roses in Manchester trip, so that was a bit more involved!
  • Options
    Try using priceline.com and name your own price. I did it this morning and got the Palmer House Hilton for $130 a night. Don't pay full price for hotels!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    If you are thinking about trying out priceline or hotwire you can visit this site to get an idea about what you might end up with.

http://www.betterbidding.com/

I have used the site before and used the techniques discussed in order to try to work your bid up if need be without the risk of ending up in a dump.

Good Luck.

U2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    If anyone is staying at the Palmer house Hilton, I have a thread going. I booked there today. A bit easier access to the red line for anyone needing public transport.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=203352
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

lot of tourists in chicago. not only is PJ playing, that Jason dude is playing the next night, so you have to figure, there will be a lot of his fans in for the weekend as well. sox fans will be in town. suburbanites will be down for special occasions. museums attract people. food. blah blah blah. lot of shit always going down in the summer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

lot of tourists in chicago. not only is PJ playing, that Jason dude is playing the next night, so you have to figure, there will be a lot of his fans in for the weekend as well. sox fans will be in town. suburbanites will be down for special occasions. museums attract people. food. blah blah blah. lot of shit always going down in the summer.

And on a Friday night in July there will be at least a few dozen weddings/rehearsal dinners going on. Plenty of reasons for out of towners to be in town.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."