Options

Chicago hotel takeovers- Hotel Resident Lists 7/17/13

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    Apologies, but I'm probably not going to be going to the show at all...

After getting shut out of the 10C lottery, and losing out again completely in the tickets.com lottery, I have no tickets...

Decided I'd rather not spend any money at all than search for tickets on the secondary market.. gonna wait for the fall tour and see if I can catch a show or 2....

I still have a room reserved at the Hyatt Regency, but doubtful I'm going to be making the trip...

have fun at the show all.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    edited February 2013
    shep wrote:

After getting shut out of the 10C lottery, and losing out again completely in the tickets.com lottery, I have no tickets...

Decided I'd rather not spend any money at all than search for tickets on the secondary market.. gonna wait for the fall tour and see if I can catch a show or 2....

I still have a room reserved at the Hyatt Regency, but doubtful I'm going to be making the trip...

What?? No! ... Won't a bunch of people here start having tix available closer to the show?? Or a some reasonably priced purchase from stub hub day of?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    shep wrote:

Quit fuckin' around, you're going...
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Not unless someone randomly gives me a ticket in the near future. I don't book last second flights at ridiculous prices... and a flight is already >$400 as it stands...

it sucks...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

Not unless someone randomly gives me a ticket in the near future. I don't book last second flights at ridiculous prices... and a flight is already >$400 as it stands...

it sucks...

Sorry to hear that. It does suck. Here's hoping a ticket finds its way to you in the near future!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Add me to the list for the Hyatt Regency.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Everyone has been updated on the original post.
    hope to see more of you at the Palmer House Hilton. If not, I will be popping over to the Hyatt at some point!

Cool of you to update, must have taken some time!

Damn, nobody else at the DoubleTree? :? :D

:)
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I have a +1 at the Hyatt, just FYI
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    I am all Alone. :cry:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    i dont have a clue yet..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    i dont have a clue yet..

me too
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    i dont have a clue yet..

me too
    thats hot
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

it sucks...

I put a note next to your name to see if that helps!
  • Options
    Add Me To The Hyatt Regency List Please
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options

Well, if you're going to put a note next to my name - I'm not looking for someone to "give" me a ticket. Of course I will pay my way to the show...
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    shep wrote:

Well, if you're going to put a note next to my name - I'm not looking for someone to "give" me a ticket. Of course I will pay my way to the show...

Operation "Get Shep to The Ballpark" has begun
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Operation "Get Shep to The Ballpark" has begun

:lol:

Funny...

Really though guys... thanks for the sentiment, but it's ok.

Part of the reason I elected not to go is that I'm not willing to travel 1000 miles and incur $700-1000 worth of traveling expenses to sit in the rafters at a ballpark for a PJ show. While I never got the opportunity to even try for tickets at the public onsale, if I had of pulled nosebleeds I would have tossed them back and wound up right where I am today anyway.

I don't want to sound like a snob/prick looking for tickets to a show, and not accepting them if someone offers me something in the nosebleeds or something I deem not worth traveling to chicago for....

Really appreciate the thought though.

And now that I've had my open discussion locked on the porch, it's time for me to get some work done.... that's enough frustration with this place for 1 day. :x :x :x
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

it sucks...
    Just book the trip now and find a ticket later. That's what I did - it worked out. Same thing for MT. Having the trip booked tends to lend motivation to getting that ticket! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,087
    I was looking at the Travelodge on East Harrison, also looking at flying Southwest out of Laguardia.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    I was looking at the Travelodge on East Harrison, also looking at flying Southwest out of Laguardia.

Flying Southwest out of L.A. is considerably cheaper then United Airlines.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,087
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Same thing out of New York. For example it's 87 each way from LaGuardia while Jet Blue is 170 each way from JFK. Is there an advantage for going to Midway as opposed to O'Hare?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Same thing out of New York. For example it's 87 each way from LaGuardia while Jet Blue is 170 each way from JFK. Is there an advantage for going to Midway as opposed to O'Hare?

Never been through O'Hare. Flown to Midway 2x, and it was easy to get the train from the airport to the Loop.

Perhaps someone else could chime-in.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Never been through O'Hare. Flown to Midway 2x, and it was easy to get the train from the airport to the Loop.

Perhaps someone else could chime-in.
    I've been told that there really isn't any difference between landing in either airport as far as ease of getting downtown goes. They both have lines directly to it. And they are apparently both around the same distance from downtown, too. When I was searching flights, I found no difference in prices between the two either, but I'm flying from Canada.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've been told that there really isn't any difference between landing in either airport as far as ease of getting downtown goes. They both have lines directly to it. And they are apparently both around the same distance from downtown, too. When I was searching flights, I found no difference in prices between the two either, but I'm flying from Canada.

Yup this is accurate. Midway has Southwest, so it can be cheaper to fly in and out of.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yup this is accurate. Midway has Southwest, so it can be cheaper to fly in and out of.

Huh... yeah, I've always flown into O'Hare. But, for me, it doesn't really matter. Delta flies into both airports
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Huh... yeah, I've always flown into O'Hare. But, for me, it doesn't really matter. Delta flies into both airports
    Is one of your parents a pilot for Delta?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yep, my dad is
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yep, my dad is
    You are one lucky sonofabitch.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yep, my dad is

Good ol' non-rev flying :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yep, my dad is

Good ol' non-rev flying :lol:
    I've been tempted to be pissed off at my dad for not being an airline pilot. :lol:
    I went to Soundgarden with a few WestJet pilots last week.... holy hell, they were crazy mofos. :shock: I just assumed they gave random drug tests to those guys, but judging from the night we had, I think not! :fp: