Options

Chicago hotel takeovers- Hotel Resident Lists 7/17/13

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've been tempted to be pissed off at my dad for not being an airline pilot. :lol:
    I went to Soundgarden with a few WestJet pilots last week.... holy hell, they were crazy mofos. :shock: I just assumed they gave random drug tests to those guys, but judging from the night we had, I think not! :fp:

I have no idea. I know that they do random breathalyzers and if you have even a little alcohol in your system you are royally fucked
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've been tempted to be pissed off at my dad for not being an airline pilot. :lol:
    I went to Soundgarden with a few WestJet pilots last week.... holy hell, they were crazy mofos. :shock: I just assumed they gave random drug tests to those guys, but judging from the night we had, I think not! :fp:

I have no idea. I know that they do random breathalyzers and if you have even a little alcohol in your system you are royally fucked
    I know - I just watched Flight a few days ago. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Well since my name's on the first post :!: I should mention that I'm in a similar situation as Shep - I have the room booked (free to cancel until the day before check in) BUT no tickets. Nothing is set in stone right now, I'm leaving myself open to the possibility of finding field tickets in the beginning of July or something - now that I know the train goes to Midway as well I'm not as worried about flight costs (fyi right now Southwest has $87 flights out of laguardia). But the more I study the seating map thing the more I realize that as fucked up as it might sound I'm not gonna be happy unless I'm on the field. Especially because if they play the northeast during this fall tour I can get "in the building" seats and it'll only cost $5 in transportation - max $20 if they play in jersey instead. For as excited as I was about Wrigley & Chicago in general - if it comes down to shelling out 2x+ face value for nosebleed seats I can't quite justify getting groped by the TSA AND spending $600 on a hotel for that.

Look I'll be the first to admit I'm spoiled - grass under my feet at a PJ show was a life changing experience and I don't think stadium seats are ever going to cut it for me ever again, but because of the convenience of where I live there's still a handful of venues that i can make it home from the same night. Realistically speaking for what I would be spending on the Wrigley trip I could do at least 4 shows closer to home, ie 2 nights at the garden and 2 in AC. Of course there's no guarantee they will play NY this fall, and I still reeeeeeeeeeally wanna be at this Wrigley show for completely irrational reasons - I'm just sort of thinking out loud here.

I guess in short, what I'm saying is put me down as a big fat maybe, contingent upon scoring 2 field tickets for less than a bazillion dollars some time between now and July 10th.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    Well since my name's on the first post :!: I should mention that I'm in a similar situation as Shep - I have the room booked (free to cancel until the day before check in) BUT no tickets. Nothing is set in stone right now, I'm leaving myself open to the possibility of finding field tickets in the beginning of July or something - now that I know the train goes to Midway as well I'm not as worried about flight costs (fyi right now Southwest has $87 flights out of laguardia). But the more I study the seating map thing the more I realize that as fucked up as it might sound I'm not gonna be happy unless I'm on the field. Especially because if they play the northeast during this fall tour I can get "in the building" seats and it'll only cost $5 in transportation - max $20 if they play in jersey instead. For as excited as I was about Wrigley & Chicago in general - if it comes down to shelling out 2x+ face value for nosebleed seats I can't quite justify getting groped by the TSA AND spending $600 on a hotel for that.

Look I'll be the first to admit I'm spoiled - grass under my feet at a PJ show was a life changing experience and I don't think stadium seats are ever going to cut it for me ever again, but because of the convenience of where I live there's still a handful of venues that i can make it home from the same night. Realistically speaking for what I would be spending on the Wrigley trip I could do at least 4 shows closer to home, ie 2 nights at the garden and 2 in AC. Of course there's no guarantee they will play NY this fall, and I still reeeeeeeeeeally wanna be at this Wrigley show for completely irrational reasons - I'm just sort of thinking out loud here.

I guess in short, what I'm saying is put me down as a big fat maybe, contingent upon scoring 2 field tickets for less than a bazillion dollars some time between now and July 10th.
    I felt the same as you, totally. I was in GA in MT, and after that I figured that if there was GA I just had to have it. Yes, a spoiled brat! :green: But then I started realizing I may never find that GA ticket. And I came to realize that it will still be an really fucking fun weekend even if I'm not in GA! Or the field for that matter... that remains to be seen; what will the 10C reserved seat I'm getting be?? :think: But anyway, just wanted to say I understand completely how you feel, but after much thought I realized that it will STILL be a great memory to have, just being at the show (and at least in a decent spot), and I simply told myself and my spoiled thinking to shove it. I've felt better about it ever since (that was, like, Monday :lol: ). I've never been spoiled about things before, and now I see that it sucks feeling that way (at least being THAT spoiled... I still wouldn't settle for anything worse than 100 level :lol: Of course, easy for me to say, having secured the ticket that ensures at least a 100 level :oops: ).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    The Hyatt is going to turn into a huge party that weekend. Can't fucking wait.

Was looking online and that huge bar there looks....nice. 8-)
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:

I am REALLY looking forward to that bar! .... Who's meeting me there Thursday night? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I'm tearing that place apart and leaving before the cops come

over and out
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

I am REALLY looking forward to that bar! .... Whose meeting me there Thursday night? :mrgreen:

Rolling in Thursday afternoon...I'm sure myself and the crew I'm with will be meeting you there. :mrgreen:

First drink on you or me? :mrgreen:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

I am REALLY looking forward to that bar! .... Whose meeting me there Thursday night? :mrgreen:

Rolling in Thursday afternoon...I'm sure myself and the crew I'm with will be meeting you there. :mrgreen:

You. :lol:;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You. :lol:;)

Fuck. :lol: My pleasure though - just make sure you bring your pair of drinking shoes. ;)
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    booked at the sax, via hotwire 4 star for $130/night plus fees
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I'll be in Chicago around 12 (I think?) on Thursday, which means I will be at the hotel around 1ish. I am definitely looking forward to tearing up that bar on Thursday night with you guys!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    duska3419 wrote:

if I were in your situation (i.e. lived in the New York area), instead of my mine (living in Texas), the decision not to go to wrigley would be much easier for me....

you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll get at least 2 or 3 shows in your area... and yea, I'm the same way "being in the ballpark" at 41k people definitely doesn't have the same feel as "being in the rink" at 20k people.

nice that you can get a flight for $87 each way.... the cheapest segments I've seen for chicago so far for me are $168 each way...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Silversmith Hotel has one room left at $169 on Hotels.com
    Hyatt has jacked their prices. Cheapest is $259.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Anyone staying at the Hard Rock? Just booked there the other day.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    shep wrote:
    if I were in your situation (i.e. lived in the New York area), instead of my mine (living in Texas), the decision not to go to wrigley would be much easier for me....

you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll get at least 2 or 3 shows in your area... and yea, I'm the same way "being in the ballpark" at 41k people definitely doesn't have the same feel as "being in the rink" at 20k people.

nice that you can get a flight for $87 each way.... the cheapest segments I've seen for chicago so far for me are $168 each way...

FWIW the $87 flights depart at like 5something in the morning. hardly ideal, but certainly better value than $168. I've also never been to chicago so it would be like visiting museums and stuff as well - but it's very tempting to let it go and hope for like another 4 night run in philly or something - the problem is it's easy to assume they're gonna play around here because they have done so consistently - but what if they actually listen to everyone on here and decide to do a southern US tour? That would be awesome, because I'm sure those shows will be wild since many of the fans haven't seen them in so long - but transportation becomes an issue for me. Anyway I was also looking forward to meeting a bunch of drunk 10c-ers wreaking havoc in my hotel!!! :-D oh well, time will tell.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I felt the same as you, totally. I was in GA in MT, and after that I figured that if there was GA I just had to have it. Yes, a spoiled brat! :green: But then I started realizing I may never find that GA ticket. And I came to realize that it will still be an really fucking fun weekend even if I'm not in GA! Or the field for that matter... that remains to be seen; what will the 10C reserved seat I'm getting be?? :think: But anyway, just wanted to say I understand completely how you feel, but after much thought I realized that it will STILL be a great memory to have, just being at the show (and at least in a decent spot), and I simply told myself and my spoiled thinking to shove it. I've felt better about it ever since (that was, like, Monday :lol: ). I've never been spoiled about things before, and now I see that it sucks feeling that way (at least being THAT spoiled... I still wouldn't settle for anything worse than 100 level :lol: Of course, easy for me to say, having secured the ticket that ensures at least a 100 level :oops: ).

That's part of the 'irrational reasons' I mentioned. I dunno why, maybe it's the hype or the lack of an opener or what - but i have a feeling this is gonna be one of those shows that dreams are made of... as in completely epic.. and i'm gonna be a dick for missing it cuz i was hoping they'd play that new jay-z stadium :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    karicorbittkaricorbitt Posts: 207
    Bump. I owe a few updates. Will do soon!
  • Options
    karicorbittkaricorbitt Posts: 207
    Does anyone k ow why this thread never gets bumped back to the top page?
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Does anyone k ow why this thread never gets bumped back to the top page?

Because it's in the AET :lol:
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Working on a hotel.. Soon as taxes come in it's on!! But
    seems Zi must work for all good things... Car broke down, got it
    Fixed cheap, fridge blew up.. Took out the toilet.., don't
    ask...am I NOT supposed to see PJ this year???? FUCK!!!
  • Options
    Working on a hotel.. Soon as taxes come in it's on!! But
    seems Zi must work for all good things... Car broke down, got it
    Fixed cheap, fridge blew up.. Took out the toilet.., don't
    ask...am I NOT supposed to see PJ this year???? FUCK!!!

You will. Don't worry
  • Options
    Who's taking me in? I'm not paying for a goddamn hotel. :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

You've got plenty of places to crash kid, we'll set you up!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Mamasan23 wrote:

In that case, can I tag along??

:D
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,087
    I was looking at the Travelodge on Harrison. anyone know about that one?

Actually I just booked Best Western Grant Park. I stayed there in 2007 and had a good experience with it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah, I think you have a lot of choices! :) You're free to crash in my room too if you end up at the Hyatt at any point.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah, I think you have a lot of choices! :) You're free to crash in my room too if you end up at the Hyatt at any point.

ok, thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

ok, thanks :mrgreen:
    Not YOU!!! :x

:lol:;) :wave:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I see how it is
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I see how it is
    :lol:
    Actually, I'm pretty open to accommodating people who need to lay their head somewhere. Although unless i get my upgrade, I'm looking at 1 King plus a cot (maybe a sofa??), and floor. So I can probably take in, what? 10 people max? :P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on