Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend ... A Hoax?

Comments

• awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Of course he knew. He loved the attention. You don't call someone the love of your life and then say that it never crossed your mind to visit that person in the hospital when they are in a coma.

The dude is a mormon.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    pureoc wrote:
    He's been meeting with a team of "advisers". Why? If you truly were "hoaxed" just come out and tell the story, if it is the truth you should have nothing to hide. There's no need to meet with advisers if you are a victim. You only meet with advisers to scheme and hide something. And now he does an off camera interview, whoop dee fn doo. He should have got on camera right away when the story broke and answered any and all questions to prove he was hoaxed. The only reason he met with advisers is cause he had to come up with a "plan" to cover him self. Pretty damn disgusting.

I could be wrong, but if he actually was hoaxed, then he has to be one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, and any NFL team would be out of their mind to draft him.

Well it's clear that even if he was the subject of a hoax, he embellished and and wasn't entirely truthful about it. So he probably does need a team of advisers. Besides, there's a lot of money at stake, these guys get advised on anything that might be potentially damaging.

As for being stupid. That's my initial thought, but having heard more about it, I think it might be a little more complicated. We all heard the AD talking about how he was the most trusting guy, which coming from the source could be BS, but I've been hearing more about his personality/mental state from reporters. Michael Wilbon was saying he wouldn't be surprised at all that he would fall for something like this, because as he put it, Te'o is "child-like". Which I think is a nice way of saying naive and not too bright.

Regardless of whether or not he was the subject of a hoax, he did get his hands dirty during all of this. If it were just a matter of him getting duped I'd feel worse for the guy. But it kind of looks like he got hoaxed (or maybe not) and decided to ride his limited role in this "girl's" life all the way to Heisman town.

There's no need to spin anything if you were hoaxed. Just tell the truth and tell it right away, what's so hard about that? All these people who wait and meet with advisers before they talk when there's a controversy (tiger woods, lance armstrong, michael vick, etc etc) all do it cause they have something to hide. Why is it so damn hard to just come out on camera and tell your story right away? The only reason why you don't is you are trying to hide or spin something. It's ridiculous.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    pureoc wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    He's been meeting with a team of "advisers". Why? If you truly were "hoaxed" just come out and tell the story, if it is the truth you should have nothing to hide. There's no need to meet with advisers if you are a victim. You only meet with advisers to scheme and hide something. And now he does an off camera interview, whoop dee fn doo. He should have got on camera right away when the story broke and answered any and all questions to prove he was hoaxed. The only reason he met with advisers is cause he had to come up with a "plan" to cover him self. Pretty damn disgusting.

I could be wrong, but if he actually was hoaxed, then he has to be one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, and any NFL team would be out of their mind to draft him.

Well it's clear that even if he was the subject of a hoax, he embellished and and wasn't entirely truthful about it. So he probably does need a team of advisers. Besides, there's a lot of money at stake, these guys get advised on anything that might be potentially damaging.

As for being stupid. That's my initial thought, but having heard more about it, I think it might be a little more complicated. We all heard the AD talking about how he was the most trusting guy, which coming from the source could be BS, but I've been hearing more about his personality/mental state from reporters. Michael Wilbon was saying he wouldn't be surprised at all that he would fall for something like this, because as he put it, Te'o is "child-like". Which I think is a nice way of saying naive and not too bright.

Regardless of whether or not he was the subject of a hoax, he did get his hands dirty during all of this. If it were just a matter of him getting duped I'd feel worse for the guy. But it kind of looks like he got hoaxed (or maybe not) and decided to ride his limited role in this "girl's" life all the way to Heisman town.

There's no need to spin anything if you were hoaxed. Just tell the truth and tell it right away, what's so hard about that? All these people who wait and meet with advisers before they talk when there's a controversy (tiger woods, lance armstrong, michael vick, etc etc) all do it cause they have something to hide. Why is it so damn hard to just come out on camera and tell your story right away? The only reason why you don't is you are trying to hide or spin something. It's ridiculous.

Well, it's personally hard for me to say. I've never been in a position where millions of people cared about me and millions of dollars were at stake. Sure he's covering something up, but it could be out of embarrassment and not necessarily out of malice. The guy has had an agent since before this thing even broke. No agent worth the money is just going to let Manti, whose intelligence is already in question, just go out and wing it in front of a rabid press. His mouth is what landed him here in the first place, if I were one of his entourage I would be encouraging him to keep it shut. And as always, the press are putting the bulk of the blame on him when they could have just as easily fact-checked their breathless reporting on this feel-good story. There are members of the press, and entire outlets who are taking this personally. Not saying they shouldn't, but they aren't innocent victims here. I wouldn't sacrifice my client to that either. They're probably coaching him how to deal with hostile reporters.

Besides, I'm not all that interested in hearing what he has to say anyway. The ESPN coverage I watched they were at a loss, and didn't know what was going on, so they kept saying "we won't really know what's going on until Manti breaks his silence" and about 100 different ways of saying the same thing. This whole situation can be partially, if not entirely, blamed on his lies. So I'm not really holding my breath to hear what he has to say, nor do I assume he can clear this all up. Or that he would even if he knows everything that's going on, which it is possible he doesn't.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    537309_478624472175318_215633338_n.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 537309_478624472175318_215633338_n.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    537309_478624472175318_215633338_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    she was spotted in Dallas http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... ars-opener thx to drivingrl for the link
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    I long for the day when we aren't talking about this- and that will come in 2018 or so, when DS or some other member here digs this thread up on page 881 of the board during a boredom whim...
    I am so done with Te'o and Armstrong... :roll:
    That being said, I think Seth Myers summed it up best: "These Te’o jokes are all very funny but let’s all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead."
    :lol:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • the most bizaare thing for me about the story, is that catfish is now a household term. I saw the documentary film in 2010, knowing absolutely nothing about it. It was at the time just some film, a low budget documentary that screened at Sundance. The film wasnt a huge hit, few people if any saw it.

Now, the term catfish is a household word. And evidently also a verb.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Show your phone records of all these 8 hour spiritual calls and I might believe you.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Show your phone records of all these 8 hour spiritual calls and I might believe you.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-records/
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    kenshunt wrote:
    she was spotted in Dallas http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... ars-opener thx to drivingrl for the link

:lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    JK_Livin wrote:

here's the part i don't get about this. he says he had over 8 hour conversations with her...who the fuck was he talking to??? and if it was a hoax who the hell puts that much effort into a scheme to embarrass someone that they would have over 100 hours of phone conversations to perpetuate the hoax??? or who has over 100 hours to waste in their life??? am i missing something..wtf???
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

here's the part i don't get about this. he says he had over 8 hour conversations with her...who the fuck was he talking to??? and if it was a hoax who the hell puts that much effort into a scheme to embarrass someone that they would have over 100 hours of phone conversations to perpetuate the hoax??? or who has over 100 hours to waste in their life??? am i missing something..wtf???

He was talking to a guy :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

He was talking to a guy :lol::lol::lol:

That's what gay men do. I don't see what the surprise is here. Are we so PC that nobody can say this? Really? We believe the guy spoke in a husky woman's voice for 8 hours at a time?

Why are they not letting the "hoaxer" tell HIS story?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Because he's being coached to take all the blame.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    Because he's being coached to take all the blame.

AND being "incentivized" from saying anything in fear he might tell the truth.

I do wonder if Manti's contract will include a direct deposit for his "friend," or if he'll waste his time sending checks.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-records/

1000 calls in 16 months...that's basically two a day every day. i've been in a relationship for nearly 10 years, and don't think i've called that many times. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    newyork daily news is reporting that Tuiosopo would impersonate lenay kauka's female voice. :?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Einhorn is Finkle.

Finkle is Einhorn.

EINHORN IS A MAN!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRubONbTWD5FrZTeQG52-UCaLkIWcGkIgi0f9a6-uzIzXUxwIMn
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    davidtrios wrote:
    newyork daily news is reporting that Tuiosopo would impersonate lenay kauka's female voice. :?

that is fucked up. i would have thought there was a chick in on it too.

maybe the gay thing is correct.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :yawn:

this is boring now...now waiting for the next pointless sports scandal :| :corn:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    davidtrios wrote:

that is fucked up. i would have thought there was a chick in on it too.

maybe the gay thing is correct.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,671
    After Further Review....

nfl_careyhochuli_580-253x300.jpg

...he is gay.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    After Further Review....

nfl_careyhochuli_580-253x300.jpg

...he is gay.
    This just sent me into a laughing/coughing fit. :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,671
    so how does this dude, who seems to be deeply flawed emotionally and as intelligent as a child, spend thousands of hours on the phone, practice, film, travel, games, class, studying, etc... and achieve high marks at "esteemed" Notre Dame.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    This dude is so full of shit it's hilarious.

So I can't decided if I think that is a guy faking the voice or it is a girl and dude is just covering for her, but the story gets even more unbelievable that not only does Te'o fall in love with a person he has never met (along with everything else that has been repeated ad nauseum), but he falls in love with a girl that he has never seen and sounds like that :lol:

Gotta be gay

"Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr from it"

Yep, okay