Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend ... A Hoax?

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    same thing happened to me - we met on-line, never met in person, but we have 3 children and a dog, or so I have been told....

RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

You should see what these mongrels have put me through all week :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    same thing happened to me - we met on-line, never met in person, but we have 3 children and a dog, or so I have been told....

RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

You should see what these mongrels have put me through all week :fp:

um, yeah, you look kind of, um, different...
  • lenay_zpsbe0b7f82.png
    that is awesome -- and i had to steal it
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I guess there's a small part of me that feels he got duped but she was in a serious car accident, no visit, diagnosed with Leukemia, no visit, and then dies and he doesn't attend the funeral. The "Love of his life"
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    mfc2006 wrote:
    saw this on facebook.... :lol:
    http://teoing.tumblr.com/

:lol:

That's some pretty funny stuff!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    lol my fav:

tumblr_mgsgh6dA4q1s3b9u6o1_500.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i wouldnt draft this pyschopath with oakland's first round pick
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tumblr_mgu9w5YBkS1r5ad6vo1_500.jpg
    Manti Te'o has told family and friends that the woman who was the voice of his fictitious girlfriend “Lennay Kekua” called him in December and said she had to fake her own death months earlier to elude drug dealers, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has learned.

The woman, who has yet to be identified, tried to re-engage a relationship with Te‘o months after she supposedly had died of leukemia in early September, the Notre Dame All-American linebacker has told the people close to him. The account was shared with the Star-Advertiser by a source close to the Te‘o family.

According to the account, Te'o asked the woman to transmit a photo to him with a date stamp, which she did, but this did not allay his suspicions and he later told his family and Notre Dame officials about being scammed. http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =187505701

:crazy: :wtf: :lol::lol:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    norm wrote:
    Manti Te'o has told family and friends that the woman who was the voice of his fictitious girlfriend “Lennay Kekua” called him in December and said she had to fake her own death months earlier to elude drug dealers, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has learned.

The woman, who has yet to be identified, tried to re-engage a relationship with Te‘o months after she supposedly had died of leukemia in early September, the Notre Dame All-American linebacker has told the people close to him. The account was shared with the Star-Advertiser by a source close to the Te‘o family.

According to the account, Te'o asked the woman to transmit a photo to him with a date stamp, which she did, but this did not allay his suspicions and he later told his family and Notre Dame officials about being scammed. http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =187505701

:crazy: :wtf: :lol::lol:

Wait. This is real? Every time I think this story can't get weirder...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
    edited January 2013
    This is the most bizarre story ever this will be the butt of jokes for yrs , can you imagine him walking down the street alone " Hey Manti who's that girl your with :lol::lol:

To top it off he will end up a Jet just what we need to add to the circus ...
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This is the most bizarre story ever this will be the butt of jokes for yrs , can you imagine him walking down the street alone " Hey Manti who's that girl your with :lol::lol:
    :fp: :fp: :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LloydXmas wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,829
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    fuck, if he ,makes it on an nfl team he'll be fucked with forever.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    jeremy schap, a tv reporter, is interviewing him....not on tv.

:o
    www.myspace.com
    so now somebody else was duped by this guy 4 years ago? used the same name, same pictures, same story?

i am so confused.
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    so now somebody else was duped by this guy 4 years ago? used the same name, same pictures, same story?

i am so confused.

the whole story is fucking strange.....i can't keep up w/ all of the twists & turns! :crazy: :crazy:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    nothing makes sense to me. nothing. not even the television interview...that is not on camera--even simple shit like that doesn't make sense.

up is down.
    left is right.
    www.myspace.com
    Manti Te’o denied being part of a hoax involving a relationship with a person online whom he considered his girlfriend, during an interview with ESPN on Friday night.
    Manti Te¬"o and Jeremy Schaap

“No. Never,” Te’o said in a 2½-hour interview with ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap.

“I wasn’t faking it,” he said. “I wasn’t part of this.”

The Notre Dame linebacker said he did not make up anything to help his Heisman Trophy candidacy.

“When (people) hear the facts, they’ll know,” he said. “They’ll know that there is no way that I could be part of this.”

Wednesday, Deadspin.com posted a story detailing an online relationship Te’o thought he had with “Lennay Kekua,” which he says he learned was a hoax. Te’o spoke at the IMG Training Academy in Bradenton, Fla., where he is preparing for the NFL draft. There were no cameras at the interview, which was recorded.

In the interview, Te’o also said that:

• He lied to his father about having met Kekua, prompting his father to tell reporters that the two had met. Several media stories indicated that he and Kekua had met. Te’o insisted they never did.

• He tried to speak with Kekua via Skype and FaceTime on several occasions, but the person at the other end of the line was in what he called a “black box” and wasn’t seen.

• The first time he met Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was after Notre Dame beat USC on Nov. 24. Tuiasosopo is the man Deadspin and others have said was behind the hoax. Earlier Friday, ESPN’s “Outside The Lines” reported that Tuiasosopo called a church friend in early December crying and admitted to duping Te’o. The friend, a woman in her mid-20s, agreed to be interviewed under the condition that she not be identified, saying she was fearful for her family’s safety because of the overwhelming publicity the story has generated.

Te’o spoke of Kekua as his girlfriend several times after Dec. 6. One was at the Heisman Trophy presentation in New York on Dec. 8 to ESPN’s Chris Fowler. Another was on ESPN Radio the same day. There were two other times, including a column in the Los Angeles Times on Dec. 10. He was also asked about it at a Jan. 3 news conference prior to the BCS title game but did not refer to his “girlfriend” directly.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... girlfriend
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    This is one of the most embarrassing and uncomfortable gossip news stories ever. I feel sorry for the guy. He's either got emotional or mental problems, or is such a compulsive liar that he he still has emotional or mental problems. This story actual makes me sad that a lot of people are laughing... at the same time, I think the new meme with the arm around nobody is pretty funny. So i'm conflicted.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    This is one of the most embarrassing and uncomfortable gossip news stories ever. I feel sorry for the guy. He's either got emotional or mental problems, or is such a compulsive liar that he he still has emotional or mental problems. This story actual makes me sad that a lot of people are laughing... at the same time, I think the new meme with the arm around nobody is pretty funny. So i'm conflicted.

this about sums up how i think too. it's more sad than comical.

maybe he met "her" online...and was embarrassed about meeting a chick that way so he lied to people about how they met (in person at the stanford game or whatever). i think that's a plausible...
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    not sure what to believe. I think he had to know, right? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Of course he knew. He loved the attention. You don't call someone the love of your life and then say that it never crossed your mind to visit that person in the hospital when they are in a coma.

The dude is a moron.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    He's been meeting with a team of "advisers". Why? If you truly were "hoaxed" just come out and tell the story, if it is the truth you should have nothing to hide. There's no need to meet with advisers if you are a victim. You only meet with advisers to scheme and hide something. And now he does an off camera interview, whoop dee fn doo. He should have got on camera right away when the story broke and answered any and all questions to prove he was hoaxed. The only reason he met with advisers is cause he had to come up with a "plan" to cover him self. Pretty damn disgusting.

I could be wrong, but if he actually was hoaxed, then he has to be one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, and any NFL team would be out of their mind to draft him.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    pureoc wrote:
    He's been meeting with a team of "advisers". Why? If you truly were "hoaxed" just come out and tell the story, if it is the truth you should have nothing to hide. There's no need to meet with advisers if you are a victim. You only meet with advisers to scheme and hide something. And now he does an off camera interview, whoop dee fn doo. He should have got on camera right away when the story broke and answered any and all questions to prove he was hoaxed. The only reason he met with advisers is cause he had to come up with a "plan" to cover him self. Pretty damn disgusting.

I could be wrong, but if he actually was hoaxed, then he has to be one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, and any NFL team would be out of their mind to draft him.

An off camera interview at 11 pm on a Friday night no less. Give me a fucking break.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    what a bozo
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    pureoc wrote:

Well it's clear that even if he was the subject of a hoax, he embellished and and wasn't entirely truthful about it. So he probably does need a team of advisers. Besides, there's a lot of money at stake, these guys get advised on anything that might be potentially damaging.

As for being stupid. That's my initial thought, but having heard more about it, I think it might be a little more complicated. We all heard the AD talking about how he was the most trusting guy, which coming from the source could be BS, but I've been hearing more about his personality/mental state from reporters. Michael Wilbon was saying he wouldn't be surprised at all that he would fall for something like this, because as he put it, Te'o is "child-like". Which I think is a nice way of saying naive and not too bright.

Regardless of whether or not he was the subject of a hoax, he did get his hands dirty during all of this. If it were just a matter of him getting duped I'd feel worse for the guy. But it kind of looks like he got hoaxed (or maybe not) and decided to ride his limited role in this "girl's" life all the way to Heisman town.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    pureoc wrote:

Well it's clear that even if he was the subject of a hoax, he embellished and and wasn't entirely truthful about it. So he probably does need a team of advisers. Besides, there's a lot of money at stake, these guys get advised on anything that might be potentially damaging.

As for being stupid. That's my initial thought, but having heard more about it, I think it might be a little more complicated. We all heard the AD talking about how he was the most trusting guy, which coming from the source could be BS, but I've been hearing more about his personality/mental state from reporters. Michael Wilbon was saying he wouldn't be surprised at all that he would fall for something like this, because as he put it, Te'o is "child-like". Which I think is a nice way of saying naive and not too bright.

Regardless of whether or not he was the subject of a hoax, he did get his hands dirty during all of this. If it were just a matter of him getting duped I'd feel worse for the guy. But it kind of looks like he got hoaxed (or maybe not) and decided to ride his limited role in this "girl's" life all the way to Heisman town.

agreed on all counts.
    www.myspace.com