Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend ... A Hoax?

Comments

• I think this is great. If nobody got hurt who cares? It's the ultimate 7th grade girlfriend from another state story gone horribly wrong. Its hysterical he ended it this way. He probably could have just let it fade away and nobody would be any the wiser. That Stanford meet from afar thing is classic.

My biggest question is after being run over by Alabama, how does this guy show his face on campus? This has to be one of the greatest come downs of all time.

Why folks are so upset about this is silly. The only reasons are:

1) they hate ND
    2) they're embarrassed that they've been duped by him

Hysterical. :lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    I don't think anyone is upset, it's fucking hysterical. But he is a scumbag if he used a fake girlfriends death for sympathy and heisman votes
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    MayDay10 wrote:
    im leaning toward gay (mormon, catholic university, football player), and a coverup story that spiraled way past where he ever imagined possible

damn i didn't think of that...not a rumor i want to spread but interesting take
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't think anyone is upset, it's fucking hysterical. But he is a scumbag if he used a fake girlfriends death for sympathy and heisman votes

Why? Who cares? It's the freaking Heisman. It's pretty much a running joke of an award like the Nobel Peace Prize nowadays. That would have been even funnier had he won.
  • Q8wP9_zpsbe1baf9e.png

:lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It is one of the most bizarre sports stories ever. There have been a few sports stars that have lied about their resumes ... But nothing like this.

Didn't George O'Leary get busted on the resume for N.D.?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    "anybody ever see the movie or TV show 'Catfish'"?

nope but seeing as how notre dame's ad just mentioned it, i looked it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish_%28film%29

this just adds a layer of wtf to this whole thing :lol::lol:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Q8wP9_zpsbe1baf9e.png

:lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    These people are trying to convince me that the star linebacker and captain of notre dame football and a future first round NFL draft pick had a relationship that he referred to constantly and referred to her family that was strictly online and they never met in person even though the story is that they met in person.

They are trying to convince me that manti te'o is essentially a 12 year old girl on the Internet talking to a 45 year old dude. Manti teo is as naive as a 12 year old girl?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    These people are trying to convince me that the star linebacker and captain of notre dame football and a future first round NFL draft pick had a relationship that he referred to constantly and referred to her family that was strictly online and they never met in person even though the story is that they met in person.

They are trying to convince me that manti te'o is essentially a 12 year old girl on the Internet talking to a 45 year old dude. Manti teo is as naive as a 12 year old girl?

That's the best part of this. The benefit of the doubt story is worse than the most likely story. :lol:

I assume he will get a better PR team when he has more money. :lol:
  • Enkidu wrote:
    It's such a weird story, I don't really understand it.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Q8wP9_zpsbe1baf9e.png

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's the best part of this. The benefit of the doubt story is worse than the most likely story. :lol:

I assume he will get a better PR team when he has more money. :lol:

So true. This is incredibly bizarre
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Whether Teo was in on it, and I think he was, being some who recently had a loved one pass away from cancer I'm disgusted that anyone would think that saying someone died from cancer is part of any sick twisted hoax or whatever you want to call it. Completely despicable and whomever is in, on, or behind this is a disgrace of a human.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Whether Teo was in on it, and I think he was, being some who recently had a loved one pass away from cancer I'm disgusted that anyone would think that saying someone died from cancer is part of any sick twisted hoax or whatever you want to call it. Completely despicable and whomever is in, on, or behind this is a disgrace of a human.

well said. it's pretty disgusting.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I find it hilarious that Deadspin does 10X more research and fact checking than ESPN, Sport Illustrated, CBS, etc. They all want that tear-jerking human interest story so bad they don't even bother to see if it's true.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I find it hilarious that Deadspin does 10X more research and fact checking than ESPN, Sport Illustrated, CBS, etc. They all want that tear-jerking human interest story so bad they don't even bother to see if it's true.
    You shouldn't have to verify a gf :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    You shouldn't have to verify a gf :lol:

Apparently you do.
  • Enkidu wrote:
    It's such a weird story, I don't really understand it.

Let me explain in pictures

lennay-kekua-47d97b4b6a0ee86bf9c890b404b77c_zps6ea662e4.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol::lol:
    It's like you can't believe anything anymore.

What's next? They're going to tell us Johnny's last name isn't really "Football"?
    saw this on facebook.... :lol:
    http://teoing.tumblr.com/
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Jason P wrote:
    What does this do to his draft stock?

And what is the Vegas line that he ends up on the Raiders or Bengals. Sky-high, right?

Drops him too a second round pick maybe early third. Of course this is my opinion.
    My butt itches!
    teo_medium.gif
    DURP wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    What does this do to his draft stock?

And what is the Vegas line that he ends up on the Raiders or Bengals. Sky-high, right?

Drops him too a second round pick maybe early third. Of course this is my opinion.

Jerry Jones will still take him. He doesn't care what you do, as long as they say your name on ESPN a lot. Even if it's for scandalous behavior.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You don't ask Manti for a death certificate, you look for it yourself, like Deadspin did. :lol: As they said, not finding the obituary or report of a car accident should have been red flags, Manti telling him to back off should have been a bigger one. Since when do reporters "back off" when they're asked to anyway?

You're right, he's full of shit. He knew something was up, but he had a story.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You don't ask Manti for a death certificate, you look for it yourself, like Deadspin did. :lol: As they said, not finding the obituary or report of a car accident should have been red flags, Manti telling him to back off should have been a bigger one. Since when do reporters "back off" when they're asked to anyway?

You're right, he's full of shit. He knew something was up, but he had a story.

Yeah, I mean I get why he backed off to an extent, he thought the kid was dealing with some serious shit and while there were some read flags, just believed him. I mean, at the time could you really predict this?

I can't wait for Te'o to embarrass himself, more than he already has that is