******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    figure with demeco done, they will play more nickel, which means boykins will be on the field more often. fucking sucks though. they get all these guys back and more people go down. it's pretty amazing that they are 6-2 despite all this.

i think tobin will slide to rg for herremans and i'm pretty confident they will be okay at that spot though...until peters goes down with a season ending injury. you know that's right around the corner.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

6. Just a reminder to everybody who doubted Maclin’s ability to be a No. 1 receiver: He is halfway to the greatest season any Eagle receiver has ever had. Another massive game Sunday gives him 45 catches for 790 yards and eight touchdowns, which puts him on pace for 90 catches, 1,580 yards and 16 TDs this year. Maclin on Sunday became the 13th player in NFL history with consecutive games of 150 receiving yards and two touchdowns, the first since Miles Austin in 2009. Where are all the people who said he couldn’t be a No. 1? He’s been astonishing.

never been a huge Maclin fan but he has been great the last few weeks.

I'll take Mark Sanchez over Brandon Weeden every day of the week.

strange season. -10 in turnover margin but at 6-2. that is very un-NFL like. usually that type of turnover margin is a disaster in this league.

with Ryans out Kendricks has to stay healthy the rest of the year. if he goes down again this defense is in serious trouble.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    My DVR bricked. I was able to make it through my son's soccer game without knowing the score only to hit play and it went live right as Polk was getting the 1st down on 4th and 1. It saved me some until I checked the DVR at 11 and decided to watch the game from the beginning.

How are we 6-2 with 20 TO's? Sucks for Demeco to go out like that and right after the trade deadline. Barwin said it was the same spot on the field when Demeco blew out the same Achilles 4 years ago. The Foles hit didn't look too bad. Kelce and the run game are back.

Go Birds!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited November 2014
    JK_Livin said:

How are we 6-2 with 20 TO's?

Go Birds!

what makes that even more amazing is they lead the conference in point differential. so it's not like they are squeaking by all these games or anything. strange season.

going forward, it's really weird how confident everyone is (from fans to local media to national media) considering the qb is done for most of the rest of the season. their odds to win the super bowl actually increased since the injury. i wonder if that has ever happened before.

as long as the line stays healthy (i think they will be fine with tobin at rg) and they are committed to the running game, like they've been these last few games, i think they can get by with the sanchize. demeco may prove to be the bigger loss. but i think acho and even mathews were playing better in the last couple games kendrics missed...of course they will have more responsibilities now. but 5-3 the rest of the way is not too unrealistic. 4-4 may even get it done with the way the cowboys are playing now.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

JK_Livin said:

Go Birds!

what makes that even more amazing is they lead the conference in point differential. so it's not like they are squeaking by all these games or anything. strange season.

going forward, it's really weird how confident everyone is (from fans to local media to national media) considering the qb is done for most of the rest of the season. their odds to win the super bowl actually increased since the injury. i wonder if that has ever happened before.

as long as the line stays healthy (i think they will be fine with tobin at rg) and they are committed to the running game, like they've been these last few games, i think they can get by with the sanchize. demeco may prove to be the bigger loss. but i think acho and even mathews were playing better in the last couple games kendrics missed...of course they will have more responsibilities now. but 5-3 the rest of the way is not too unrealistic. 4-4 may even get it done with the way the cowboys are playing now.
    uh they threw the ball 62 times and had the most completions in franchise history 2 weeks ago.

as for odds right now there really isn't a dominant team in the NFC. The Cardinals sure as heck aren't that scary. Seattle and San Fran have been up and down and San Fran could be ready to implode with talk of their coach already being gone. Green Bay a bit scary because of Rodgers. Detroit hasn't really played anyone yet. i imagine they might end up blowing it like they usually do. Still hard to figure what Carolina and New Orleans are.

be pretty surprising if this team doesn't make the playoffs after 6-2.

Cowboys are going to be dumb and rush Romo back. be stupid if he plays this week.

oh and monday night games used to be cool. now they are just annoying.
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Go Birds!

uh they threw the ball 62 times and had the most completions in franchise history 2 weeks ago.
    you're right. that is a recipe for failure with this team. sproles being out, didn't help.

so in their last 3 wins, they have 41 rushes, 36 rushes, and 33 rushes. obviously this offense is at it's best when they are running the ball effectively. stick to what works.
    www.myspace.com
    Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 23m23 minutes ago
    Since RT Lane Johnson's return from a 4-game suspension, #Eagles lead NFL w/135 carries, rank 2nd w/648 rushing yards, 3rd with 4.8 ypc.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Since RT Lane Johnson's return from a 4-game suspension, #Eagles lead NFL w/135 carries, rank 2nd w/648 rushing yards, 3rd with 4.8 ypc.

HELL.
    YES.
    www.myspace.com

JK_Livin said:

HELL.
    YES.
    well if you are going to use numbers...they've still thrown the ball 55% of the time (skewed by the Arizona game of course) in those 4 games. :D
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

HELL.
    YES.
    well if you are going to use numbers...they've still thrown the ball 55% of the time (skewed by the Arizona game of course) in those 4 games. :D
    ah, 55/45 is a great ratio, and like you said, it's even skewed by the ridiculous az game ratio
    www.myspace.com
    no feel for tonight's game. Carolina's offense stinks so hopefully Sanchez can limit turnovers and not give them easy points.
    the panthers offense and defense stink this year. even with the sanchize and no democo, I think they should win rather easily by around 10-14 points. 27-14 BIRDS.

steady dose of shady, polk and spoles should get the job done.

midnight green makes a return tonight. thanks, nike.

www.myspace.com
    All I can think about is the last game v. the Panthers when the WR's were running free through Namdi, DRC, Nate and whoever else was back there.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

All I can think about is the last game v. the Panthers when the WR's were running free through Namdi, DRC, Nate and whoever else was back there.

yuck
    www.myspace.com
    DARREN.

SPROLES.

what were the saints thinking?? haha
    www.myspace.com
    i know the panthers are garbage, but god damn...this fucking defense
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772

DARREN.

SPROLES.

or the Chargers too.

Nice win. How do you think Cary and Fletch will do with Jordy? I'm going to guess an over under of 65. :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    well that was a nice ass kicking. anytime you beat someone like that in the NFL it's impressive.

Barwin was great. Carolina looked extremely uninspired

for Juggler - 62% pass this game although can't blame Chip when Carolina pretty much couldn't cover anyone.

upcoming Sunday game could have huge playoff implications down the line. if you win the division and lose this game (if you think GB will catch Detroit) getting a bye could be really difficult since you already lost to Arizona. if you lose the division and this game could make a wild card a little precarious as well.
    pjhawks said:

well that was a nice ass kicking. anytime you beat someone like that in the NFL it's impressive.

for Juggler - 62% pass this game although can't blame Chip when Carolina pretty much couldn't cover anyone.

upcoming Sunday game could have huge playoff implications down the line. if you win the division and lose this game (if you think GB will catch Detroit) getting a bye could be really difficult since you already lost to Arizona. if you lose the division and this game could make a wild card a little precarious as well.

Crazy that right now GB would be out of the playoffs. I do realize there are 6 games left and they are rolling now but still.

How about Wolff being inactive? Too many poor safety draft picks since Dawk left. It doesn't bode well for Wolff that a guy we just signed can contribute more on ST than a guy that's been here 1-1/2 years.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited November 2014
    pjhawks said:

yeah I would have liked them to run more, especially late as it just invites injuries (has there been a celek update?) but I get it. chip Kelly's offense is all about exploiting what the defense gives you and last night the passing game was wide open all night. I also think, on a national stage, chip wanted to prove to the league that he can win can win and win big with a quarterback most people wrote off. pretty big statement game.

backup quarterbacks are meaningless. ---ha.ha.ha.ha.
    www.myspace.com
    also--jordan mathews is turning into a beast. desean who??
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    http://6abc.com/sports/sanchez-greets-fans-in-postgame-cheesesteak-stop/389864/

Defense played well (except for the 4th quarter, but that doesn't count :P) Only 37 yards rushing though??????? Yeah they had 2 rushing td's bust still...
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited November 2014
    sproles - special teams player of the week for the 3rd time this year.

the 5th round pick the saints got in return from us...has yet to make a tackle.

bravo, chip and howie. bravo.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,924

DARREN.

SPROLES.

he's kinda small

:-$

:))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick at home since Dec 2012, 28-0 TD-INT! Pressure, pressure, pressure is the key to any game but we'll really need it on Sunday.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

I don't mean to be picky but one of the POW's was for offense not ST

Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I don't mean to be picky but one of the POW's was for offense not ST

ah, yes. you're right. touche
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    JK_Livin said:

Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick at home since Dec 2012, 28-0 TD-INT! Pressure, pressure, pressure is the key to any game but we'll really need it on Sunday.

Yeah pretty crazy, I can't wait for the game tomorrow. As I bias Packers fan I'm picking them to win but really it's a toss up. Both of these teams have been getting a lot of flack for only beating sub par teams, whichever team comes out on top should silence those critics.
    big game today, gentlemen. big game.

i do not think they can win with a similiar rushing performance like they had on monday. if shady can't get going they are not going to win with sanchize completing 55% of his passes. gb's better against the pass than run. forte got about 120 yards on them earlier this year. need shady to bounce back.

i'm thinking something like 30-27 gb....i think you'd have to consider them legit sb contenders if they can pull off the upset though.

BIRDS!!!
    www.myspace.com