******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

this game is about young foles to me. cards are stout against the run, shaky against the pass. gonna have 8 in the box all game, unlike last week. gonna need him to step up with a turnover free game.

sproles and kendricks both practiced today

I felt good about this game 'till this week. I think between the bye, and that routing of the Giants, this team might be smellin' itself a little too much right now. This could just be negative me though.

A whole lot of people I know going out to AZ. I would say we would be representing pretty damn well out there, but that stadium can be just as cavernous as Dallas.

As long as they go 2-1 in these next 3 games - I don't care how they get those 2 wins - then I'm good heading into Green Bay, which to me is going to be an absolute torching by Rodgers.
    see i'm the opposite. i was thinking this would be a loss until recently. the cards didn't look that good in beating oakland last week. chipper's got a couple weeks to prepare, the team is healthier than they've been since week 2...i'm thinking a 3 point game either way. 23-20 kinda game. i'll be happy with them going 3-2 in these next 5 leading up to thanksgiving. being 8-3 before the stretch run puts them in a good position.

i also don't think this is the kind of team that will get too high on themselves. culture! haha
    culture doesn't get the ball down the field.

I like the Eagles this week on a late field goal. say 31-28. next week is the trap game.
    Neither does Foles!!
    he did last year until we got rid of a certain wide receiver because of said culture
    That has nothing to do with it.
    come on now. as much as a dick Desean was the guy was a big play threat who was responsible for 25% of the 30+ yards plays they had last year. and they haven't come close to matching that this year...and yes a good portion of that is the offensive line injuries but to say that Desean not being here has nothing to do with it is crazy.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

this game is about young foles to me. cards are stout against the run, shaky against the pass. gonna have 8 in the box all game, unlike last week. gonna need him to step up with a turnover free game.

sproles and kendricks both practiced today

I felt good about this game 'till this week. I think between the bye, and that routing of the Giants, this team might be smellin' itself a little too much right now. This could just be negative me though.

A whole lot of people I know going out to AZ. I would say we would be representing pretty damn well out there, but that stadium can be just as cavernous as Dallas.

As long as they go 2-1 in these next 3 games - I don't care how they get those 2 wins - then I'm good heading into Green Bay, which to me is going to be an absolute torching by Rodgers.
    see i'm the opposite. i was thinking this would be a loss until recently. the cards didn't look that good in beating oakland last week. chipper's got a couple weeks to prepare, the team is healthier than they've been since week 2...i'm thinking a 3 point game either way. 23-20 kinda game. i'll be happy with them going 3-2 in these next 5 leading up to thanksgiving. being 8-3 before the stretch run puts them in a good position.

i also don't think this is the kind of team that will get too high on themselves. culture! haha
    culture doesn't get the ball down the field.

I like the Eagles this week on a late field goal. say 31-28. next week is the trap game.
    Neither does Foles!!
    he did last year until we got rid of a certain wide receiver because of said culture
    yeah, they're 5-1 without desean--and with all the injuries they have had. we've seen a lot of eagles teams fold when they lost as many player as this team has. gotta like the perseverance of this squad. not many teams keep winning when their best players go down.

...and the receivers are open down field. foles has just missed them, i think because he has not felt safe in the pocket. as the line gets guys back and he feels more and more comfortable back there, i think he will start hitting those throws more often. he was much better against the giants. 2 absolutely terrible throws, but was great for the rest of the game.
    do you think the defenses would be crowding the line as much if Desean was still on the outside? i don't.

as i said above the offensive line issues clearly have made a huge difference in Foles' accuracy but i think it's a stretch to say the receivers have been open down field as much as they were last year. Jackson was responsible for something like 25% of their 30+ yards plays last year.

and Juggler they are 5-1 because the defense and special teams have been better but if they want to do damage in the playoffs the offense has to be a lot better than it has so far.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    It's not crazy. Have you seen how many open receivers we've had down field and Foles has basically missed all of them? Maybe the running game opened things up for Desean last year.
    Whether they're stacking the box or not, the receivers have been open.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    JK_Livin said:

It's not crazy. Have you seen how many open receivers we've had down field and Foles has basically missed all of them? Maybe the running game opened things up for Desean last year.

the receivers are open. the quarterback has just missed them. it is as simple as that. I expect them to get better once mathis and kelce are back in these next couple games. to be 5-1 with all the injuries and issues this team has dealt with, just speaks to how well the coaching is.

BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

the receivers are open. the quarterback has just missed them. it is as simple as that. I expect them to get better once mathis and kelce are back in these next couple games. to be 5-1 with all the injuries and issues this team has dealt with, just speaks to how well the coaching is.

BIRDS.
    ok cool so when mathis and kelce get back i can expect lots of 30+ yard plays just like last year. that will be fun.

love that they are 5-1 and hope it continues but a long way to go and a brutal schedule coming up. i'd be wary of taking smack at this point..but some never learn that lesson.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

BIRDS.
    ok cool so when mathis and kelce get back i can expect lots of 30+ yard plays just like last year. that will be fun.

love that they are 5-1 and hope it continues but a long way to go and a brutal schedule coming up. i'd be wary of taking smack at this point..but some never learn that lesson.

this team doesn't need lots of 30+ plays like last year so you won't see that. different personnel. but you should see more 20+ plays because you'd expect foles to be more comfortable in the pocket. the receivers are open now, they should continue to be open. if we don't see improvement, i'm not so sure foles will get that extension--because, so far at least, those deep throws are on him, not the receivers.

long way to go, for sure. but so far, you can't help be impressed by the way this team is coached. great job thus far.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kendricks & Sproles still limited today. Not the best sign for them playing Sunday.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Kendricks & Sproles still limited today. Not the best sign for them playing Sunday.

keep Sproles out. no need to play him in this game unless he is close to 100%. bigger spots down the line and he needs to be healthy.

kendricks' injury when it happened didn't seem that bad but man has it lingered a long time now.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,310
    Forgive me Eagles fans for I have sinned. I picked the Cowboys in my survivor/suicide pool image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Forgive me Eagles fans for I have sinned. I picked the Cowboys in my survivor/suicide pool image

I have no qualms with that. just don't pick them on thanksgiving or 2 weeks later!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Against Colt McCoy? What are you smoking? :))

I'm leaning towards Detroit this week. That D line is dominant right now and the Falcons just lost 2 more O lineman from a shitty O line.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    They need to get this in every stadium asap.

http://www.pro32.ap.org/article/metlife-stadium-security-trendsetter
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    with these new hazing scandals coming out now do we need any more proof that the culture of football is pretty much evil? some of the stuff that has gone on in these things it's just pure demented and doesn't have to do with team bonding crap they try to give you. sad and pathetic really.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,837
    In all the sports I've played I never had any of this homoerotic/fucked up stuff go on...unless you count showering with a bunch of men. The worst thing I might have ever had to do is get naked when I scored my first try playing rugby, or pick up pitchers of beer for the team. Both were my choice, and honestly I did not find that bad - the former is something I'm fond of doing.

It's not football. This shit goes on in multiple sports (see lax bros, basketball bros, baseball bros, and so on) by multiple jock bro mouth breathers who sprinkle themselves along the jock bro mouth breathing galaxy.
  • Options
    me too.....but then i think about the millions and millions of dollars he stole from the eagles, cardinals, and bills for doing absolutely nothing on the field. he's at least got the $ to pay for whatever medical attention he needs. so many other ex nfl guys made only a fraction of what he made and are being screwed by the nfl
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

me too.....but then i think about the millions and millions of dollars he stole from the eagles, cardinals, and bills for doing absolutely nothing on the field. he's at least got the $ to pay for whatever medical attention he needs. so many other ex nfl guys made only a fraction of what he made and are being screwed by the nfl
    Touche'. I just couldn't imagine having a ringing sound comparable to that after a shotgun goes off, next to your face with no ear plugs in, all. the. time. That is just insanity.
  • Options
    that is some scary shit. Pronger and Primeau still have issues too. can't be a good quality of life.
  • Options
    24-23......BIRDS! (the green ones)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    howie....always doing his due diligence. looks we could have an interesting trade deadline
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcnabb is the analyst in the chiefs game. brilliant move by fox. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,310
    Crap! :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

howie....always doing his due diligence. looks we could have an interesting trade deadline

yea it's a brilliant move to release your 89 catch receiver from last year and get nothing for him...then possibly trade a 2nd round pick for another receiver, after drafting one in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year. that's possibly 2 2nd round picks and 3rd round pick to replace DeSean. #culture

now to the game. probably didn't deserve to win with all the mistakes and penalties. Foles average at best again. i know he is 5-2 but he is really hurting this team this year. McCoy had one really nice drive but man for a great back he turns a lot of zero and 1 year gains into negative yardage. love the Nate Allen grab the hamstring like you were hurt after getting burned to lose the game. nice touch nate.

i know you guys hate criticism of the coach...should i go there...hmmm let me think about it...wait for it....ah fuck it he deserves it. let's examine a few glaring issues today.

1 - McCoy not being in the game on 1st and 10 from the 10.5 after dominating that passion.
    2 - giving the ball to Chris Polk 2x in a row on said possession. in fairness i used to hate when Andy gave the ball to scrubs in the red zone (can you say at New Orleans playoff game).
    3 - Not challenging the spot on 2nd down (and possibly even 3rd down) on the goal line plays. 2nd down spot surely was terrible. even at that point had to think the wasted timeout wasn't going to hurt unless you had a premonition nate allen would get beat deep.
    4 - the atrocious run call on 4th and 2 with only 1 timeout left in the game. you cannot run a play to get 2 yards and call timeout there when you need a TD to win. just awful.
    5 - 3 shitty plays at the end. fuck it throw it up and hope kind of plays. didn't like any of them.

next week is a must win. i know it's negative to say this but even at 5-2 this team is teetering on the edge a bit. got away with a lot of offensive issues early in the season because of all the special teams and defensive scores. with the schedule being pretty tough over the next month or so it could go either way if this offense, especially the QB, isn't a whole lot better.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If there's one thing you should be after a bye is prepared - mentally and physically. That many penalties, and those types of penalties, are inexcusable. Granted, the refs were pretty glaf happy as it is - something like 20 total flags? That's absurd.

Between the penalties and atrocious secondary they deserve to lose that game, which they still only lost by 4...on the road. Oh well, like I said, 2-1 over the course of these three games and I'm content. They'll get it together.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Fucking Fitz man. His stats v. us are ridiculous. Too many mistakes, players and coach.

How many times did J. Matthews have a WR screen set up with a clear inside path for more yards only to take the outside route for less?

How ridiculous was that old ref with his hands on the shoulders of the ref that called the horse collar on the last drive? He essentially talked him out of the correct call.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    that reminded me of a late tenure, andy reid coached game. so frustrating...

how do you not attempt a 61 or 62 yarder at the end of the first half? you struck gold with this parkey kid. with his leg, it would have been worth a shot.

how do you throw 62 times with a qb struggling with his decision making? this was the same thing that got reid into trouble with vick so many times. you're only increasing the chances of him making a mistake. it was only when they went to shady more often that the offense started to move the ball more cohesively.

how do you not challenge the spot near the goal line???? they smartly hired an ex college ref to assist them in the box on challenges and they've been great so far this year--completely dropped the ball on that one.

then you run out of shotgun on the next play. the field goal.....i'm not as upset as most on that one because it gave you the lead. I would have ran from under center on the previous play---but regardless, that was a first down by polk, and almost a touchdown. throw the damn flag.

foles has to get these turnovers out of his system asap. this cannot continue. but it nice to see the deep ball make an appearance, finally. that td to maclin was a thing of beauty.

defense--kinda like foles...overall it wasn't bad but the two horrendous mistakes cost them the game. there's no excuse for nate allen letting brown get behind him like that. no excuse. he has regressed this year. I don't care what chip says, I hope the rumors are true about them looking for safety help.

and regarding the vincent jackson rumor---he is a polar opposite of desean jackson. he's a big, tall possession receiver that they are targeting to help in the redzone...a place where desean has been non existant his entire career. deep balls are there--finally saw foles connect on a couple yesterday. that said, a 2nd is too much, especially with the money he's owed. I think safety is the bigger concern anyway.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think he should have challenged 3 calls in the game. I don't think the one at the goal would have changed. You can't see Polk's knees and therefore inconclusive. I don't think he was down but if you can't see it, you can't overturn it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I think he should have challenged 3 calls in the game. I don't think the one at the goal would have changed. You can't see Polk's knees and therefore inconclusive. I don't think he was down but if you can't see it, you can't overturn it.

really? maybe I should look at it again. I just think it was such a huge moment right there, it was worth a shot.

you mentioned it earlier and I forgot about but the non-horse collar horse collar call was bad on so many levels. these guys are calling ticky tack flags all game long, yet an obvious horse collar flag , in an absolutely crucial moment, gets picked up.

also--- no sacks for the eagles. they had so many mamulas, though. all game, just a half second late to palmer. ugh.

what an ugly, frustrating, yet wildly entertaining game. haha. 2 good teams. gotta give the cards credit. their resume, to this point, is better than any other team. didn't see that coming.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

really? maybe I should look at it again. I just think it was such a huge moment right there, it was worth a shot.

you mentioned it earlier and I forgot about but the non-horse collar horse collar call was bad on so many levels. these guys are calling ticky tack flags all game long, yet an obvious horse collar flag , in an absolutely crucial moment, gets picked up.

also--- no sacks for the eagles. they had so many mamulas, though. all game, just a half second late to palmer. ugh.

what an ugly, frustrating, yet wildly entertaining game. haha. 2 good teams. gotta give the cards credit. their resume, to this point, is better than any other team. didn't see that coming.
    and there was a play either right before that or right after that where the sidelines and especially Chip where going nuts after a contact after 5 yards which Fox never showed us. you could clearly see chip yelling 'how the fuck is that not illegal contact' when they showed him.

the point of should of challenging that 2nd down play was that even losing a timeout there
    shouldn't have hurt you if you didn't get it overturned. it only became crucial because of the long td and the injury that cost the birds a timeout at the in the last 2 minutes (and underrated play in the game by the way...get up and get off the damn field in that situation)

my favorite Fox moment was when they showed the graphic saying this was the 1st time the Eagles were 5-1 since like 1989 or something. i guess they must have meant EXACTLY 5-1 since you know they were 7-0 in 2004.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

and there was a play either right before that or right after that where the sidelines and especially Chip where going nuts after a contact after 5 yards which Fox never showed us. you could clearly see chip yelling 'how the fuck is that not illegal contact' when they showed him.

the point of should of challenging that 2nd down play was that even losing a timeout there
    shouldn't have hurt you if you didn't get it overturned. it only became crucial because of the long td and the injury that cost the birds a timeout at the in the last 2 minutes (and underrated play in the game by the way...get up and get off the damn field in that situation)

my favorite Fox moment was when they showed the graphic saying this was the 1st time the Eagles were 5-1 since like 1989 or something. i guess they must have meant EXACTLY 5-1 since you know they were 7-0 in 2004.
    I think that other play you are referring to was what looked like one of those illegal picks, where you can't do it past 5 yards anymore. I think I remember them saying you actually can do it, but only if its like right when the ball gets to the receiver or something. stupid rule.

chip's face was coughlin red arguing that one and the no horse collar call. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg