******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/11/giants_tried_to_hire_former_oregon_defensive_coordinator_to_help_them_beat_chip_kelly.html
    Since taking over for Andy Reid as head coach of the Eagles, Chip Kelly he has gone 6-2 against the NFC East, winning the division title in his first season on the job.

His dominance of the division has lead his rivals to try to do anything they can to figure out how to stop Kelly, including trying to hire former members of his staff at Oregon.

Speaking to The Oregonian, former Oregon Ducks defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti said that he has been approached by the New York Giants about coming onto their staff.

"The Giants asked me to come back when Chip got the first job," Aliotti said. "I didn't feel right doing that. Some teams have called when they're getting ready to play the Eagles and they call and have certain questions on the thing. Unless I know the guy and he's a good friend, I don't get involved with that."

Aliotti didn't say what job the Giants offered him, but he did say they weren't the only team in the division to try to pick him brain on the ways of Kelly.

"I have been asked by everybody in the NFC East."

Coaches calling other coaches for tips is nothing new, and takes place all the time in the NFL.

Three teams calling the same coach to offer him a job, however, shows the respect that Kelly has earned in his short time as a head coach.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    Eagles record on Thanksgiving is 5-0 :-bd
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • About to be 5-1
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    probably will sound like a home game tomorrow--

www.myspace.com
    insightful article on fraudulent philadelphia area cowboys fans (i swear i didn't write it)

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/23/enemy-among-us-dallas-cowboys-fans-in-philadelphia/

“That’s like rooting for another country in the Olympics.” -haha

www.myspace.com

insightful article on fraudulent philadelphia area cowboys fans (i swear i didn't write it)

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/23/enemy-among-us-dallas-cowboys-fans-in-philadelphia/

“That’s like rooting for another country in the Olympics.” -haha

so looks like Dom Brown is a fraud. image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Dominant performance.
    edited November 2014
    backup quarterbacks are meaningless- the fixer.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

About to be 5-1

can't wait for Thursday! :D

gonna be one of the best days of the year. if i had to bet, i'd say they lose this one and win at home in a couple weeks--turnovers and troubles in the secondary scare me.....BUT----i cannot fucking wait!

9. The Eagles have now won five straight games following a loss, and that speaks volumes about Chip Kelly’s ability to keep his team focused on the moment and not looking back or looking forward. That’s 20 straight games without consecutive losses, and that’s impressive.
    yeah i think they split the series against them, but i think they may win in Dallas and lose at home.

About to be 5-1

Great game, only major problem i saw was our red zone efficiency. only one touchdown in 3-4 times in the red zone?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    ended romo's td passing streak.
    held murray under 100 yards.
    held murray to his lowest total rushing yards of the season.
    held bryant to 73 yards and no tds.
    .......all without demeco? love our front 7. maybe this team has a shot this year, guys? stranger things have happened. another huge test right around the corner though.

www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

backup quarterbacks are meaningless- the fixer.

and same guy said the Sproles trade was a bad trade :))
    now that was an ass kicking boys. should have been about 50 to 10. darn impressive effort especially from both lines. they just dominated the line of scrimmage.

Romo looks hurt. he had no zip at all on his passes.

Jason Garrett not a genius on the sideline either.

get on them early in 2 weeks and totally break their spirit again.
    What a day and game. We should always play on holidays. I loved Romo pulling a Peyton and taking a dive before contact & the cowboys players yelling at their coaches and teammates.

Nate Allen for the HOF!!!!

I got so drunk last night that I didn't even think about the night game and didn't know the score until this morning.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    could be tied for best record in the conference today (and league, i guess).

go pats and falcons!
    www.myspace.com

could be tied for best record in the conference today (and league, i guess).

go pats and falcons!

least the Cardinals are losing. Pats/Packers game is still too close.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    looks like the 2 seed is within reach. one game at a time though.

4:25pm, sunday can't get here soon enough.
    www.myspace.com

well for that you need Arizona to keep going in the tank. You would have to beat Seattle this week and still have Seattle end up winning the division because tie breakers in most scenarios don't go your way. A loss to Seattle this week and the 2nd Dallas game might be a must win because losing to Seattle could make a wild card possibility very difficult with losing all the tie breakers to the possible teams.

said part because of how bad the South is the 1st wild card might end up being in better shape than the 3rd Division winner. Home game against the last wild card or road game against an average New Orleans or Atlanta in round 1?

pjhawks said:

well for that you need Arizona to keep going in the tank. You would have to beat Seattle this week and still have Seattle end up winning the division because tie breakers in most scenarios don't go your way. A loss to Seattle this week and the 2nd Dallas game might be a must win because losing to Seattle could make a wild card possibility very difficult with losing all the tie breakers to the possible teams.

said part because of how bad the South is the 1st wild card might end up being in better shape than the 3rd Division winner. Home game against the last wild card or road game against an average New Orleans or Atlanta in round 1?

yeah, i think arizona's offense stinks. they've scored something like 2 offensive touchdowns in the last 3 games and one was in garbage time yesterday. plus they have a brutal schedule with the chefs, rams who are playing better, seattle, and san fran. i wouldn't be surprised if they win just one more game end up missing the playoffs with 10 wins for the second year in a row. goes to show how important a good back up qb is. hey oh.

this game is huge but even if they lose, seattle could still lose to the niners in a revenge game in a couple weeks and finish 11-5. they've been winning lately, but haven't looked very dominant, especially offensively. not sure i see them winning out. 11-5 should win the west. the eagles are playing their best football right now and i see them going 3-1 in these games to end up at 12-4. dallas' defense just isn't very good and romo looks hurt...wouldn't be surprised if they lose in chicago on thursday. plus they have indy on the schedule as well.

interesting point about playing atl or saints on road or home verse 6 seed....i would take the home game, though. especially if the saints win that division. that's always a tough place to play.

it's amazing we're even talking about a possible first round bye with this team, given where there were just a couple years ago and with all the injuries and stuff they've had to endure this year.

www.myspace.com
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    After 71 pages of eagles comments since the hiring of chip Kelly, are we believers yet ? If you say no, you should be stabbed in the eye with hot pokers...that is all

Sbb
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
    to the person who hated the eagles offseason:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20141202_Eagles_scored_big_with_Sanchez_and_good_group_of_free_agents.html

Eagles scored big with Sanchez and good group of free agents

The Eagles' most important free-agent signing in the offseason was second-page news on the day he signed.

Mark Sanchez's one-year contract with the Eagles had already been reported by the time the team officially announced it on March 28. His arrival as the backup quarterback to Nick Foles received a fair amount of attention considering Sanchez's history, but not long after his news conference later that morning it became an afterthought.

DeSean Jackson was released less than an hour after Sanchez met with reporters and the conversation shifted from the former New York Jets quarterback and the then-unlikely proposition that he could supplant Foles to the discarding of a Pro Bowl wide receiver in the prime of his career.

Eight months and nine wins later, the former has proved to have more of an impact than the latter. Sanchez has gone 3-1 as a starter - and helped steer the Eagles to another victory in relief of the injured Foles - and has been steady enough for Chip Kelly to ride him for the rest of the season, whether Foles returns or not.

Considering the investment - one year for $2.25 million - Sanchez's contract could be the best value any NFL team got from a free-agent addition this year. In fact, after 12 games, it's safe to say the Eagles hit close to 1.000 in free agency and did so without opening the vault.

They weren't sexy signings at the time, but Sanchez, safety Malcolm Jenkins (three years), safety Chris Maragos (three years), linebacker Bryan Braman (two years), cornerback Nolan Carroll (two years) and offensive lineman Andrew Gardner (two years) have made valuable contributions this season.

Jenkins has been the most reliable safety the Eagles have had in five years. Maragos and Braman have been key cogs on arguably the best special teams in the NFL, Carroll has given the defense versatility as the sixth defensive back in its dime package, and Gardner has unseated Matt Tobin as the starting right guard after Todd Herremans' season-ending biceps injury.

"When you bring in a guy, you're always hoping and optimistic that those are the kind of things that are going to happen," Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said Monday, "seeing guys that have the ability to fit into the scheme and blossom because of it."

Darren Sproles wasn't a free agent, but he was acquired in a trade just two days after the start of the new league year and was targeted by the Eagles for the same reasons. The running back/returner had the prerequisites for scheme and culture fit. The 2013 class wasn't a failure by any means, but there have been fewer misses this year.

"I think everybody just understands what we're looking for better in a player . . . in terms of what we're looking for not only from a size-skill standpoint, but type of practice player they are, type of team player they are," Kelly said. "Hopefully, we'll get better as this continues to go along, but I think the first year we did a pretty good job, too."

The Eagles batted around .500 in free agency last year.

Linebacker Connor Barwin and punter Donnie Jones have played beyond expectations. Cornerbacks Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher have been acceptable considering their tame contracts. Tight end James Casey hasn't played up to his deal, but had his role reduced when Zach Ertz was drafted. Nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga, safeties Patrick Chung and Kenny Phillips and receiver Arrelious Benn (trade) were strikeouts.

The 2014 group has seamlessly slipped into a locker room that endured the coaching and culture changeover in Kelly's first year. Success has a way of making everyone get along, but the Eagles would say winning is a direct result of finding the right players for the system.

Roseman spoke of the "synergy" between coaching and scouting. Kelly and his staff have specific directives on the type of players they want for each position and it has been the job of the personnel department to funnel the pool down into a thimble, the GM said.

"We'd rather know a lot about a little than a little about a lot," Roseman said. "What our coaching staff does a great job of is articulating by position what they're looking for. . . . That is by definition the personnel staff - find players that fit your coaching staff and fit the systems they have in place."

As much success as the Eagles have had in free agency, they haven't been as accurate in the draft. The verdict on the 2013 class isn't in yet, but it looks promising with three starting or starting-caliber players. The jury on the 2014 draft is out, as well, but it the early returns are discouraging.

Ultimately, the Eagles want to home-grow their talent. The moves they made to retain their own free agents were as significant as the new additions, if not as precise. But four (tackle Jason Peters, center Jason Kelce, receiver Jeremy Maclin, Jones) out of six (receiver Riley Cooper and safety Nate Allen) ain't bad.

And whether Sanchez keeps winning or not, the Eagles have already gotten more production out of a backup quarterback than most teams.
    www.myspace.com

After 71 pages of eagles comments since the hiring of chip Kelly, are we believers yet ? If you say no, you should be stabbed in the eye with hot pokers...that is all

Sbb

get out the hot poker then. 1st off nothing has been wrapped up this season yet. and while Chip has done a very good job in the regular season in his 1.5 years he still has not won a playoff game (home favorite loss) and has less playoff wins than Rich Kotite and Ray Rhoades. When he gets some playoff wins then i will admit i may have been wrong. Ill let you know hopefully in early February.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    So...that was a shit load of fun. Bar I went to was owned by a dude from Roxborough, and the entire place was pretty much rooting for the Birds. Surprisingly, this town (Cabarete) is a big haven for people from Philly. Awesome time, best Thanksgiving ever.
    edited December 2014
    this was my favorite play from last week. great read by sanchez:
    ---totally faked me and my whole family out. thought shady had it.

birds 24/7 has a story on this today with more gifs. you can see he also had a 13 yard run that completely caught the cowboys off guard, and the very next play anthony spencer pauses for a second, thinking sanchez was keeping it again, instead it went to mccoy for a nice 5 yard gain.

obviously, it won't be that easy against the seahawks defense but it seems like the sanchize is getting more and more comfortable in chip's offense as each game goes by.

can't wait for sunday

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

this was my favorite play from last week. great read by sanchez:
    ---totally faked me and my whole family out. thought shady had it.

birds 24/7 has a story on this today with more gifs. you can see he also had a 13 yard run that completely caught the cowboys off guard, and the very next play anthony spencer pauses for a second, thinking sanchez was keeping it again, instead it went to mccoy for a nice 5 yard gain.

obviously, it won't be that easy against the seahawks defense but it seems like the sanchize is getting more and more comfortable in chip's offense as each game goes by.

can't wait for sunday

I thought Shady fumbled then Sanchez fell on it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    www.myspace.com
  • You're next
    edited December 2014
    Dude comes back after an ass-whooping to a real team (which was given the excuse of a "short week" - huh? what? Because of a Sunday night game? Oooook) to then beat a really, really, really shitty Chicago team. All it takes for some chest puffing I guess.

Oh, also, we'll make sure not to use the excuse that Dallas had a 10-day layoff for that game if we lose....as opposed I'm sure Dallas fans would use that excuse if the situation was reversed.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on

Dude comes back after an ass-whooping to a real team (which was given the excuse of a "short week" - huh? what? Because of a Sunday night game? Oooook) to then beat a really, really, really shitty Chicago team. All it takes for some chest puffing I guess.

Oh, also, we'll make sure not to use the excuse that Dallas had a 10-day layoff for that game if we lose....as opposed I'm sure Dallas fans would use that excuse if the situation was reversed.

in his defense, he probably forgot what month we're in.
    www.myspace.com
  • backup quarterbacks are meaningless- the fixer.

Haha!! Didn't he hate the Sproles trade also?
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited December 2014

in his defense, he probably forgot what month we're in.
    Ya see on Deadspin where Dez "doesnt give a fuck what people think"?

I think it's cute that he thinks they're the underdog. Dude, you're 9-4, half of the country are bandwagon fans, and all the networks/pundits overhype everything you do.