******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I think he should have challenged 3 calls in the game. I don't think the one at the goal would have changed. You can't see Polk's knees and therefore inconclusive. I don't think he was down but if you can't see it, you can't overturn it.

really? maybe I should look at it again. I just think it was such a huge moment right there, it was worth a shot.

you mentioned it earlier and I forgot about but the non-horse collar horse collar call was bad on so many levels. these guys are calling ticky tack flags all game long, yet an obvious horse collar flag , in an absolutely crucial moment, gets picked up.

also--- no sacks for the eagles. they had so many mamulas, though. all game, just a half second late to palmer. ugh.

what an ugly, frustrating, yet wildly entertaining game. haha. 2 good teams. gotta give the cards credit. their resume, to this point, is better than any other team. didn't see that coming.
    and there was a play either right before that or right after that where the sidelines and especially Chip where going nuts after a contact after 5 yards which Fox never showed us. you could clearly see chip yelling 'how the fuck is that not illegal contact' when they showed him.

the point of should of challenging that 2nd down play was that even losing a timeout there
    shouldn't have hurt you if you didn't get it overturned. it only became crucial because of the long td and the injury that cost the birds a timeout at the in the last 2 minutes (and underrated play in the game by the way...get up and get off the damn field in that situation)

my favorite Fox moment was when they showed the graphic saying this was the 1st time the Eagles were 5-1 since like 1989 or something. i guess they must have meant EXACTLY 5-1 since you know they were 7-0 in 2004.
    I think that other play you are referring to was what looked like one of those illegal picks, where you can't do it past 5 yards anymore. I think I remember them saying you actually can do it, but only if its like right when the ball gets to the receiver or something. stupid rule.

chip's face was coughlin red arguing that one and the no horse collar call. haha
    no the one i am referring to was on the last drive. eagles had the ball but they never showed it just Chip yelling at the side judge.

the pick play was Fitzgerald's 80 yard td. block was about 5 yards down field but came right as Fitzgerald got the ball. close but i think it was ok.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Chip was bad all around. How do we continue to miss challenges? How does Foles throw 60+ times? How does he look so good and then horrendous in a matter of minutes? How in the world can we allow a 75 yr old Fitz to blow away our db's after a catch? How in the world can you allow Brown to get behind you there? And how the fuck is Jeremy Maclin this good?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    go skins
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    edited October 2014

Forgive me Eagles fans for I have sinned. I picked the Cowboys in my survivor/suicide pool image

well on the bright side i can buy back in the pool (it was my first loss). There were like over 40 people in the pool. Before this week they were down to 23 and 4 people didn't have a loss. After tonight I think they are down to probably 15 people (3 undefeated).

go skins

:D
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    :))
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    why are we laughing at a team ahead of us in the standings?
    pjhawks said:

Lighten up Francis. They lost to a 3rd string QB and were favored by 10. If you can't find humor in that, not sure what else I can say. Tied in the loss column which is what really matters. Being in 1st now means nothing anyway. If you can't laugh at teams ahead of you in the standings as an Eagle's fan, then you must always be miserable.

You just love when the non Andy Reid coach loses. It must be a constant struggle for you, cheering for the Eagles v. rooting against their coach.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited October 2014
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Lighten up Francis. They lost to a 3rd string QB and were favored by 10. If you can't find humor in that, not sure what else I can say. Tied in the loss column which is what really matters. Being in 1st now means nothing anyway. If you can't laugh at teams ahead of you in the standings as an Eagle's fan, then you must always be miserable.

You just love when the non Andy Reid coach loses. It must be a constant struggle for you, cheering for the Eagles v. rooting against their coach.
    funny how being in 1st matters now for the Eagles (and the coach) but not the Cowboys.

really? did you see my angry post sunday night after the game. does that look like a post from a guy who is rooting against the coach? I would love to have to come on this page in early February after a Super Bowl appearance and bow down to the Chip lover's and admit I was wrong. all i care about is winning. it's why i didn't give a fuck that DeSean Jackson walked on the fucking grass. #culture

i'll say it again for the 50th time. i don't hate Chip Kelly...I hate the stunning adulation from the media and fan base for a guy who hasn't even won one playoff game yet.

Edit: I never bring up the old coach unless someone else references him. it's you guys who keep referencing him not me.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    You're the one that mentioned the standings. Any new coach that comes in the league and has early success gets the same adulation.

Please admit this is somewhat amusing.
    http://deadspin.com/jerry-jones-is-fucking-crazy-1651689269?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

You're the one that mentioned the standings. Any new coach that comes in the league and has early success gets the same adulation.

http://deadspin.com/jerry-jones-is-fucking-crazy-1651689269?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

somewhat but also kind of scary. i went to bed before the end of the game but i was still watching when Romo 1st got hurt and Jones came down onto the sidelines. can you imagine as a coach the owner coming up to you on the sidelines?
    Definitely scary but Garrett's been there long enough to know what he chose to deal with.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    god, I enjoyed the hell out of that game last night. one of the more entertaining monday nighters in years.

I don't think romo's making it till the end of the season. murray might not either, given his injury history and they're running him into the ground. and durant, their leading tackler, is out for the season.

gentlemen, I like where we're at right now, as much as sunday still stings. figure they gotta go 3-1 in these next 4 leading up to the cowpokes game.

....BIRDS!!
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2014
    JK_Livin said:

at this point in reid's 2nd season here, I know I was giving him much deserved adulation for turning that team around (despite only winning 5 games in his first year). they were 5-3, but you could tell they were headed in the right direction. it's no different here.

I remember the scene of reid coming out of his office to great fans who were freezing their asses off waiting in line for playoff tickets later that year---people loved the guy back then. loved him...and that was before he even won a playoff game. some people just have short memories, I guess.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2014

JK_Livin said:

at this point in reid's 2nd season here, I know I was giving him much deserved adulation for turning that team around (despite only winning 5 games in his first year). they were 5-3, but you could tell they were headed in the right direction. it's no different here.

I remember the scene of reid coming out of his office to great fans who were freezing their asses off waiting in line for playoff tickets later that year---people loved the guy back then. loved him...and that was before he even won a playoff game. some people just have short memories, I guess.
    after 7 games into his 2nd season no one was implying or flat out saying Reid was a better coach than the previous most successful coach in the modern franchise history like they are with this guy. there is a difference.

i guess i shouldn't expect too much from a group that taunts the fans of a team ahead of us in the standings and who last year taunted a 2 time Super Bowl MVP quarterback.
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

after 7 games into his 2nd season no one was implying or flat out saying Reid was a better coach than the previous most successful coach in the modern franchise history like they are with this guy. there is a difference.

i guess i shouldn't expect too much from a group that taunts the fans of a team ahead of us in the standings and who last year taunted a 2 time Super Bowl MVP quarterback.
    yep. figured you're one of the ones with a short memory. I remember that 2000 season like it was yesterday. it was the first time we had real hope (not the fake kind that we had with rhodes) in over a decade. it was a great feeling back then. it was new, fresh, and full of hope of where reid and mcnabb and jim johnson would take us.... very similar to now (except for those stuck in the past). people, just like they are now, were talking about how much better reid was than the previous regime(reid's tenure here was so long it almost feels like 2 regimes, with the first one waaaay better than the one chip inherited).

so it's very similar. been saying this for a while now. and don't worry, nobody expects you to grasp any of this.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

yep. figured you're one of the ones with a short memory. I remember that 2000 season like it was yesterday. it was the first time we had real hope (not the fake kind that we had with rhodes) in over a decade. it was a great feeling back then. it was new, fresh, and full of hope of where reid and mcnabb and jim johnson would take us.... very similar to now (except for those stuck in the past). people, just like they are now, were talking about how much better reid was than the previous regime(reid's tenure here was so long it almost feels like 2 regimes, with the first one waaaay better than the one chip inherited).

so it's very similar. been saying this for a while now. and don't worry, nobody expects you to grasp any of this.
    the highlighted part is the absurdity that i am referring too. yea this guy who hasn't won a playoff game yet is already being compared to the previous regime that won 9 playoff games, went to 5 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. thanks for proving my point.

beat Houston and get back on track. as i said sunday night on here. this is a little bit of a cross roads point. teetering could go either way. kind of a tough spot though. going to Houston one week after a west coast trip against a decent team. i had last week pegged as a win and a let down loss this week. let's hope it's the opposite.
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

the highlighted part is the absurdity that i am referring too. yea this guy who hasn't won a playoff game yet is already being compared to the previous regime that won 9 playoff games, went to 5 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. thanks for proving my point.
    there's nothing absurd about that, especially since i acknowledged reid's success. it is just his success here was so long ago it feels like there were two tenures: the successful one, and the mediocre one that started waaay back in 2005. this was mentioned in the very next sentence after the one you highlighted. you're like some dumb politician, (think michelle bachman) who takes one out of context comment and runs with it, while completely missing the greater point. thank you for dumbing down this thread, and america.

it's like you get personally offended whenever this is pointed out to you but the fact remains reid was a very good coach for his first 5 or 6 years. the last 8 were very mediocre and it ended horribly. by the end of his tenure he was coaching badly, evaluating talent poorly, and making horrendous decision after horrendous decision regarding his coaching staff. this is why people are so happy that chip turned things around so quickly. andy reid left this franchise in disarray....much like the way it was when he inherited it.

this is all very simple stuff to comprehend. reid was a good coach here, a decade ago--but he is not near the level of somebody who doesn't deserve any criticism, not with the way he faltered to the finish line here. no, sir.
    www.myspace.com
    looks like kelce's back this week and herremans is playing despite a torn bicep. a torn bicep--yikes
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Sucks. Figure Herremans plays through this game when Mathis gets back and then they'll move Tobin/Gardner/Kelly to RG. Hoped they were getting the band back together, oh well.
    edited October 2014

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

there's nothing absurd about that, especially since i acknowledged reid's success. it is just his success here was so long ago it feels like there were two tenures: the successful one, and the mediocre one that started waaay back in 2005. this was mentioned in the very next sentence after the one you highlighted. you're like some dumb politician, (think michelle bachman) who takes one out of context comment and runs with it, while completely missing the greater point. thank you for dumbing down this thread, and america.

it's like you get personally offended whenever this is pointed out to you but the fact remains reid was a very good coach for his first 5 or 6 years. the last 8 were very mediocre and it ended horribly. by the end of his tenure he was coaching badly, evaluating talent poorly, and making horrendous decision after horrendous decision regarding his coaching staff. this is why people are so happy that chip turned things around so quickly. andy reid left this franchise in disarray....much like the way it was when he inherited it.

this is all very simple stuff to comprehend. reid was a good coach here, a decade ago--but he is not near the level of somebody who doesn't deserve any criticism, not with the way he faltered to the finish line here. no, sir.
    pretty funny to see you hand pick what years to compare Chip to Andy to. like the rest of those years (and last year) don't matter.

but let's move on. we are in the middle of a season that still has lots of football to go.
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pretty funny to see you hand pick what years to compare Chip to Andy to. like the rest of those years (and last year) don't matter.

but let's move on. we are in the middle of a season that still has lots of football to go.
    of course they matter but it was just such a long time ago. why would anyone compare this year's or last year's eagles with the 2004 birds? that's like comparing reid's first few eagles teams with rhode's 1995 playoff team instead of the garbage of poop he left behind in 1998.

you don't pick and choose this stuff. if Kelly inherited the eagles of 10 years ago, obviously things would be looked at completely different than they are now.
    www.myspace.com
    confidence levels today, boys?

i'm at a 6.5 for today. think they win, though uncomfortably...
    www.myspace.com
    Ryans injury could be huge. Fuck.
    Yep. Done for the year. Huge loss. God fuckin damnit.
    And not to mention Foles with the clavicle - 4-6 weeks. When it rains it pours. Shit.
    where did you hear/read about ryans?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Twitter/PFT - hopefully I'm wrong.

Twitter/PFT - hopefully I'm wrong.

unfortunately i think you're right. ESPN is reporting he's most likely done for the year. :(
    Ryans absence is gonna hurt us more than Foles.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited November 2014
    a few months ago somebody spent a lot of time talking about how backup quarterbacks don't matter. haha

again--solid move by roseman and chip in picking up sanchez. hopefully foles doesn't miss much time though.

birds.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

6. Just a reminder to everybody who doubted Maclin’s ability to be a No. 1 receiver: He is halfway to the greatest season any Eagle receiver has ever had. Another massive game Sunday gives him 45 catches for 790 yards and eight touchdowns, which puts him on pace for 90 catches, 1,580 yards and 16 TDs this year. Maclin on Sunday became the 13th player in NFL history with consecutive games of 150 receiving yards and two touchdowns, the first since Miles Austin in 2009. Where are all the people who said he couldn’t be a No. 1? He’s been astonishing.
    www.myspace.com