Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    yeah they are in for a long season....at least there's some potential building blocks to watch, unlike last year. looks like the nba is changing the lottery system this year which really blows.

not too confident in the birds on sunday, guys....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Just wait until you have to play the COWBOYS!!!!

I can't wait. I'm gonna come in here and chirp relentlessly, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

thanksgiving is going to be one hell of a day. best day of the year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311

:D

yeah i don't know about Sunday night either. Division games are brutal.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I agree. I take that day off work so I can stay home and watch football. 2 years ago I went to Dallas and saw Cowboys vs Redskins. I need to do that again.

Eagles vs Giants SNF...should be good! Somebody has to end Eli's win streak. But if not, a loss will mean you'll still be tied with the 'Boys since they're at Seattle this weekend.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,837

Good chance I'll be in the DR for T-giving week. Looking forward to watching this game (they better kneel down and accommodate The Almighty American and his American Gridiron!) that day on the beach.
  • Options

Good chance I'll be in the DR for T-giving week. Looking forward to watching this game (they better kneel down and accommodate The Almighty American and his American Gridiron!) that day on the beach.
    nice. I was just down in punta cana a few months ago.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    giants are playing about as well as they can right now...birds are clearly not. i am not too confident in this one. but a loss and 4-2 at the break is not going to be the end of the world....especially since i expect this team to get better down the stretch, once they get their injured players back.

kendricks and demeco both didn't practice yesterday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah not to worry, the Cowboys aren't coming out of Seattle with a win, ever.

So if the Giants do win, we're gonna have a three-way tie for first place.

I love this division!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664

giants are playing about as well as they can right now...birds are clearly not. i am not too confident in this one. but a loss and 4-2 at the break is not going to be the end of the world....especially since i expect this team to get better down the stretch, once they get their injured players back.

kendricks and demeco both didn't practice yesterday.

I think it will be an awesome game. Very excited. I did not expect the Giants to have a winning record at this point, but I will take it. Going to be a fun Sunday, especially since I am off Monday. Offense is definitely starting to click, but it does make me nervous it that the Atlanta defense is as bad as a defense comes.

That said. BIG BLUE.
  • Options
    Yeah, don't feel good about this game at all. Especially with this all-black nonsense - bad omen, if i' must say.

An already terrible defense is going to be wihout their two middle linebackers, possibly, and I believe Acho is more hurt than it seems. So, yeah, that's no good.

But 4-2 at the bye is about where I hoped they would be, even if the wins and losses didn't go exactly as I thought.

My biggest problem with this team on defense - even when healthy, and excluding the terrible terrible play of the starting corners - is the fact that they only excel when they concentrate all efforts into defending only one of the running or passing game. They're no where good enough to balance the two, and that's going to continue to get them burnt - even if a team dedicates its time to running the ball as much as the pass.

So, if this goddamn offense doesn't get it going (Foles, O-line getting healthy) then this season ain't gonna be as good as we thought.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    My Sunday lineup:
    8:15am arrival at field for a 9am baseball game(son)
    10:45am have to leave baseball game early for an(son)
    11:45 soccer match(son)
    3:30 soccer match(son)
    1-4pm I have to work at the soccer tournament tent
    4-6 I'm a field marshall for said tournament
    7:30 basketball game(son)
    8:50 trying to catch up on the dvr for the game.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    JK_Livin said:
    that's awesome. almost as funny as Adrian Peterson smoking pot minutes before a drug test. you can't make some of this shit up.
  • Options
    I really wish he was playing but this is good.

Jason Kelce fires back at Jason Pierre-Paul, Tom Coughlin; questions Giants intelligence

Eagles center Jason Kelce isn't playing this weekend against the Giants, but that isn't keeping him from getting in on the back-and-forth trash talking that has been going on all week.

During an interview on 94WIP on Friday morning, Kelce was asked if he had any response to the comment by Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul that the Eagles could easily be "0-4 instead of 4-1"

"Well my response to that is, I don’t think Jason Pierre-Paul is smart enough to come up with that statement on his own,”Kelce said. “I think he’s the type of guy that just reiterates what his coaches have been telling him. So, I’m a little worried about Tom Coughlin’s math ’cause I feel like maybe that’s where it was screwed up. Maybe it was just relayed to him”

As a follow up, Kelce was asked if it safe to say he isn't impressed with the intelligence of the Giants.

“That is correct,” Kelce answered. “They are a good football team though, but yes.”

Eagles-Giants: Who Will Win? 5 Bold Predictions
    Kelce's shot at the Giants is just the latest in what has been a week filled with trash talk between the two teams.

Giants safety Antrel Rolle got it started when he said that the Eagles, despite being 4-1 and defending division champions, were not the team to beat in the NFC East. From there, the Eagles players fired back, and receiver Jeremy Maclin said Rolle "talks too much." Pierre-Paul kept it going on Friday when he said that he doesn't like Philly at all.

Even the Eagles website has gotten in on the action, putting together a video saying the team is going to "shut up" the "loud mouth" Giant fans.

The two teams will finally get a chance to settle this on the field when they kickoff this Sunday at 8:30 p.m.

Eliot Shorr-Parks may be reached at eshorrpa@nj.com. Follow him on Twitter @EliotShorrParks. Find NJ.com Sports on Facebook.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Jason Kelce fires back at Jason Pierre-Paul, Tom Coughlin; questions Giants intelligence

Eagles center Jason Kelce isn't playing this weekend against the Giants, but that isn't keeping him from getting in on the back-and-forth trash talking that has been going on all week.

During an interview on 94WIP on Friday morning, Kelce was asked if he had any response to the comment by Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul that the Eagles could easily be "0-4 instead of 4-1"

"Well my response to that is, I don’t think Jason Pierre-Paul is smart enough to come up with that statement on his own,”Kelce said. “I think he’s the type of guy that just reiterates what his coaches have been telling him. So, I’m a little worried about Tom Coughlin’s math ’cause I feel like maybe that’s where it was screwed up. Maybe it was just relayed to him”

As a follow up, Kelce was asked if it safe to say he isn't impressed with the intelligence of the Giants.

“That is correct,” Kelce answered. “They are a good football team though, but yes.”

Kelce's shot at the Giants is just the latest in what has been a week filled with trash talk between the two teams.

Giants safety Antrel Rolle got it started when he said that the Eagles, despite being 4-1 and defending division champions, were not the team to beat in the NFC East. From there, the Eagles players fired back, and receiver Jeremy Maclin said Rolle "talks too much." Pierre-Paul kept it going on Friday when he said that he doesn't like Philly at all.

Even the Eagles website has gotten in on the action, putting together a video saying the team is going to "shut up" the "loud mouth" Giant fans.

The two teams will finally get a chance to settle this on the field when they kickoff this Sunday at 8:30 p.m.

Eliot Shorr-Parks may be reached at eshorrpa@nj.com. Follow him on Twitter @EliotShorrParks. Find NJ.com Sports on Facebook.

i like it. too much of sports these days is too lovely dovey. we need some good dislike and hate in these rivalries.
  • Options
    This made me laugh -

Emmitt Smith's Lock Of The Week!

"This week, I like the Giants (+2.5) to beat the Eagles in Film Adelphia! I like this Giants rooster! I like Elon Mangggg at quarterback! I like the wideouts! I like Victor Croons! I like Rootin’ Randle! I like Ordeal Beckman! And I think the defense is cumming into its bone! You got Prince AmukamakaKookaburra! You got Jason Ping Pong! You got Antler Roll! You got Domino Ranchers-Cromagnon! And Jar Beatin’! That’s a good rooster!”
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

i like it. too much of sports these days is too lovely dovey. we need some good dislike and hate in these rivalries.
    Did you notice on Monday night's game when a Redskin nailed Wilson, the Skin got up and Wilson put his hand up to him for help and then he just stepped over Wilson? The ref came over and offered Wilson a hand. I liked it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    go birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    decent first half, let's keep it up. granted i was mostly watching the walking dead though :))
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    about as dominating a victory as you can get. 8 sacks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ended up at the game last night 10 rows off the field. What a fuckin' night. FINALLY that place is starting to sound loud.
  • Options
    Nice win. Sucks about Cruz.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Nice win. Sucks about Cruz.

huge win. after the Cowboys beat the Seahawks thought last night was almost a must-win. would have been essentially in 3rd place if not and schedule gets much tougher after the bye. only so-called easy non-division game is the Titans. rest are tough.

the 2 Foles interceptions were brutal. very lucky neither was returned for a TD

brutal to see Cruz go down like that. he was in some serious pain.
  • Options
    sigh of relief---sproles only expected to miss 2-3 weeks. so I guess that means only one game with the bye (hopefully).

guess we will have kendricks back for Arizona. then mathis and kelce for the panthers game.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

sigh of relief---sproles only expected to miss 2-3 weeks. so I guess that means only one game with the bye (hopefully).

guess we will have kendricks back for Arizona. then mathis and kelce for the panthers game.

Yup. May have to bring Tucker up from the practice squad depending on Polk's health. Polk doesn't even have a carry this year.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    gotta be the best special teams this franchise has ever had, right? amazing how far they've come in such a short time.

all those little under the radar moves this past spring have worked out so fucking well.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Yup. May have to bring Tucker up from the practice squad depending on Polk's health. Polk doesn't even have a carry this year.
    Yeah, sucks. I liked this dude a lot coming out of Washington. Polk - if he could stay healthy - is a really good back to offset both Sproles and McCoy. Don't want to see it, but they're gonna have to cut him if he can't stay on the field.
  • Options
    If you're on twitter, please follow Joe Banner @‌joebanner13 He's very entertaining.
    We need it right now but bye weeks still suck. Go Giants!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer