Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    JK_Livin said:

He hasn't been that good ever.

Now this game is what can be considered a letdown/trap game....or just an honest, flat-out loss. All signs point to them losing this game - 3 game winning streak, O-line completely tore up, defense giving up a shit load of points, San Fran is angry, not playing well, and are due to turn it around even a little bit. As much as I hope they do win, I'd take the Niners this week.

Valid points but maybe SF just isn't as good anymore. Maybe they're on a backslide. Plus they have the DV issue hanging over them. Solid D but Kap is regressing.
    You're right, but I wouldn't say the dropoff is that dramatic. I just feel like this is a game they lose.

And I would agree Kap is regressing, that's obvious, but I still think he's a good QB.

And I guess you could say, if they keep winning, that every game is a letdown/trap game. I wouldn't be surprised they win this game, then coming into the next two before the bye against the shitty Rams and Giants and subsequently losing to one of those stupid teams.

All's I know is I hope the worst of the injuries are happening now. If they can keep up this pace and, slowly but surely, get everyone back over the course of the season then everything points to no where but up.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    yeah this is a game I would not expect them to win either, with the shape of the o line and sf coming off 2 tough losses, it's in san fran, and the birds coming off a huge emotional win. coming into the year I thought they could steal either this one or the colts game and they already got one of them.

you get lane back next week and mathis will be back around the texans or panthers game I guess right? kelce hopefully by end of november?

.......now if they win this game, hmmm. then maybe you start thinking there might be something special happening this year....maaaaaybe
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

yeah this is a game I would not expect them to win either, with the shape of the o line and sf coming off 2 tough losses, it's in san fran, and the birds coming off a huge emotional win. coming into the year I thought they could steal either this one or the colts game and they already got one of them.

you get lane back next week and mathis will be back around the texans or panthers game I guess right? kelce hopefully by end of november?

.......now if they win this game, hmmm. then maybe you start thinking there might be something special happening this year....maaaaaybe

Maybe we can bust out Charlie Garner again?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Maybe we can bust out Charlie Garner again?
    dude! that game was 20 years ago, almost to the day.....10/2/94. and it's the only time in the juggler's life he ever bet against a hometown team and, of course, they wound up destroying the eventual super bowl champs. a good, life long, lesson was learned that day. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Was that the 40-8 game?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

yeah. garner had like 130 yards on 16 carries or something. that was the year they started 7-0 and finished 7-9
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    edited September 2014
    Yeeeeeeeeah, this is all starting to make sense now why Philly likes this team so much

regressing.deadspin.com/the-eagles-are-the-whitest-team-in-the-nfl-and-other-f-1638158955/+barryap
  • Options

Yeeeeeeeeah, this is all starting to make sense now why Philly likes this team so much

regressing.deadspin.com/the-eagles-are-the-whitest-team-in-the-nfl-and-other-f-1638158955/+barryap

Gym rats. Scrappers. Tough. They FIGHT, dude.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663

Gym rats. Scrappers. Tough. They FIGHT, dude.
    And they are white. hahahah.
  • Options
    am I the only one who wishes we had more asians?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    We need more "others"?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    wow, i'm either about to make an intelligent point to my buddy, checking out this one girl's ass to my right, or still laughing at this kid who puked a couple rows over from us. haha

anyone read this yet? pretty in depth on the chipper's background-
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Philadelphia_Eagles_Chip_Kelly_Profile.html

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Read half of it yesterday at the end of work. Reading the other half once things die down here. Pretty good, though.
  • Options

wow, i'm either about to make an intelligent point to my buddy, checking out this one girl's ass to my right, or still laughing at this kid who puked a couple rows over from us. haha

anyone read this yet? pretty in depth on the chipper's background-
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Philadelphia_Eagles_Chip_Kelly_Profile.html

That's a really good article except for the fact that they mention his press conferences. They don't mean anything. :D
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    It's nice to have a coach who's ahead of the curve. I wasn't a fan of the signing that day. But the dude has a vision and a way about him that I believe will get us a title.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

yeah. garner had like 130 yards on 16 carries or something. that was the year they started 7-0 and finished 7-9
    was that a monday night game or am i thinking of another niners-eagles game that was a blowout?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

was that a monday night game or am i thinking of another niners-eagles game that was a blowout?
    no this one was an afternoon game.

now i'm trying to think of another blowout between these two teams. hmmm.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

I think this is the game i was thinking of Sept. 18, 2005, 42-3. I just remember McNabb was on fire and than Koy Detmer came in and did great, LOL.

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2005091809
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

I think this is the game i was thinking of Sept. 18, 2005, 42-3. I just remember McNabb was on fire and than Koy Detmer came in and did great, LOL.

wow. that goes to show how forgettable the '05 season was for me. I was at the game and have no recollection of it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

wow. that goes to show how forgettable the '05 season was for me. I was at the game and have no recollection of it.
    :))

Was that a Sunday night game? I remember listening to it on the radio on the way back from somewhere (probably a concert).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

Was that a Sunday night game? I remember listening to it on the radio on the way back from somewhere (probably a concert).
    this is like the one game in the last 30 years I don't remember. haha -- no idea. it was the home opener though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

this is like the one game in the last 30 years I don't remember. haha -- no idea. it was the home opener though.
    no apparently that game started at 1. I do remember another blowout game involving a Detmer brother on either a Sunday or Monday night though.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

no apparently that game started at 1. I do remember another blowout game involving a Detmer brother on either a Sunday or Monday night though.

this was the game i was thinking of, Nov. 25, 2002 (monday Night at San Fran). Koy started (I think McNabb got hurt the week before or something) and no one thought we were gonna win. We won, 38-17

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2002112501
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Was that the 40-8 game?

this was the game i was thinking of, Nov. 25, 2002 (monday Night at San Fran). Koy started (I think McNabb got hurt the week before or something) and no one thought we were gonna win. We won, 38-17

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2002112501
    oh yeah. that was a great game. i believe koy got hurt and feeley came in to win it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Division may be tougher to win then previously thought. Cowboys and Giants may be contenders? You worried?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    How about the flare gun Monday nighter at The Vet? That was awesome. We got our asses kicked. Wasn't that the 1st game they ever wore green jerseys and green pants? Bobby Hoying at the helm I think.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    bringing up the Detmer's and Bobby Hoying and you guys wonder why people like me think how great the Reid era was. think Koy Detmer has learned to shave his neck since then? man that used to bother me
  • Options
    Here it is. I think I shed a tear reading this.
    Violence At The Vet Eagles Say Feathers Will Fly Against Future Unruly Fans

by April Adamson, Daily News Staff Writer
    POSTED: November 18, 1997
    An Eagles fan suffers broken bones standing in a Veterans Stadium restroom line.

Minutes later, a gung-ho fan fires a flare gun into the stands.

After the latest home-game disgrace, Eagles football at the Vet seems more dangerous than ever. Fans guzzle record amounts of beer inside the stadium and who knows what at pre-game tailgate parties, officials said. Worse, many fans no longer fear the wrist-slap punishment of ejection.

``Is it a bigger problem than last year?'' asked city Recreation Commissioner Michael DiBerardinis. ``It looks like it. It looks like the problem is growing. Monday night was more of a problem than we normally have.''

Violence and inebriation - which typically peak during halftime pot-smoking and brawling - reached such a level at the Nov. 10 Monday Night Football game against the 49ers that the Eagles say they will announce a ``get tough'' policy against unruly fans later this week.

The team wouldn't elaborate, but said the policy will include ``zero tolerance'' for violence. Last Monday's lawlessness stunned some fans, appalled that innocent beer drinking and tailgating have escalated into violence that lands spectators in the hospital. Fans say the wanton meanness seems to flow from the upper levels into the more expensive seats.

``I gave my season tickets away,'' said Scott Reader, whose beating at last week's game has been talked about in venues as diverse as sports-talk radio and WXPN-FM's Kids Corner.

``My children will never see an Eagles game,'' he vowed. Eagles officials say stadium crime is down, fan satisfaction is up and the security staff is among the largest in the NFL. Nevertheless, fans and city officials acknowledge that an outing to a home football game has become something many law-abiding fans no longer consider a family experience.

City officials can't pinpoint what's causing the trend toward all-out debauchery.

The Recreation Department suspects increased beer sales. Fans finger lax security. City officials blame masses of increasingly uncontrollable fans.

Despite Daily News stories this season describing riotous tailgating and half-time pot smoking, the Eagles' front office sees the Monday night incident as a mere aberration that forced it ``one step backward'' in efforts to make home games more family-oriented.

``Believe me, the Vet is not a perfect place with no problems,'' said Eagles V.P. Joe Banner. ``But we have gotten through this season with a small number of arrests.''

The Eagles refused to elaborate on plans to crack down on revelers, other than to say a ``zero tolerance'' campaign will be announced. They also refused to release the number and locations of their security staff during home games, as well as the number of arrests that have been made this season.

``We can't give you increased arrest numbers, because the arrests haven't happened yet,'' said Eagles spokesman Ron Howard. ``We are aware of what fans are saying.''

To control the 67,000 fans who typically crowd the stadium's seven levels, there are about 175 to 200 security guards and ushers, as well as a handful of city cops, according to stadium officials.

The Eagles claim the stadium security force is significantly higher than those numbers, but refuse to provide details.

At Phillies games, where the crowds are just one-fourth the size and fans are of a ``calmer demeanor,'' the hired security staff is smaller, according to Greg Grillone, stadium director.

At the Monday night game, an all-out brawl on the 500 level and a slap-happy fan with a flare gun on the 200 level punctuated the beginning and end of the game. Just before the opening kickoff, a violent scuffle erupted outside an upper-level bathroom when five drunken fans mauled Scott Reader, a South Jersey native, who suffered a shattered ankle and cigar burns from the run-in.

The fight's motive, authorities said, was a New York Giants jacket worn by Reader's friend.

One security guard ran to Reader's aid, but only after his beating was complete, said the self-employed carpenter.

``The guard told me that he was sorry he couldn't help me, but there were five of them and only one of him,'' Reader said.

Later that night, when the Eagles fell behind in the game, Mayor Rendell ordered additional security to the troublesome upper levels of the stadium, where pot smoking and drinking runs rampant at every game.

But that didn't seem to deter Robert Sellers from shooting off a flare into an unsuspecting mob of fans on the 200 level as a game finale. Sellers, of Toms River, N.J., later said he got caught up in the chaos of the crowd.

``It's bizarre behavior,'' said City Councilman Frank DiCicco. ``Sports will suffer if people don't get ahold of the situation.''

In all, there were three arrests during the game and several thefts, including pick-pocketing, car thefts and stolen Eagles merchandise, police said.

``The most disturbing thing was the flare,'' Rendell said. ``Someone could have really gotten hurt. I'm also concerned about the level of drunkenness. I don't accept for a moment that we should just write off Eagles games as a place where you can't bring your kids.''

When the stadium hosts sporting events or concerts, it is the team or promoter's responsibility to hire additional security. Since the Phillies and Eagles are considered the stadium's long-term tenants, their leases dictate that they must hire outside security to keep the peace at all home games.

Often, 4th District police officers staff the exterior of the stadium. They only intervene, however, when arrests must be made, according to police.

Police say Monday night games, which follow a full day of drinking for many fans, are often the most troublesome.

``The problem is tailgating,'' said one city detective. ``If they get rid of tailgating, that's three-quarters of the problem.''
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    so the flare gun was shot from the 200 level? who would've guess that?
    chinese-happy.jpg