Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    Woodys is a pretty good spot for eagles fans
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Woodys is a pretty good spot for eagles fans

I prefer Uncle's thank you very much.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    first off Happy New Years fuckers.

nice to see I've been away for awhile and you guys haven't really changed without me here.

I said let's wait to review Chip's and the season until it was done and so I'll gladly eat a little crow. Chip and the boys got it done. Doesn't matter what circumstances as far as who you played, how bad your division is, breaks you got, questionable coaching decisions, or how healthy your team stayed all season winning a division title is a great accomplishment in the NFL (for every team not just the Birds). I'll give Chip his due at this time for this regular season (even if some of you guys wanted it after 8 or 9 games). 1st regular season for Chip turned out great but it's time for the next step.

I don't agree with the sentiment that whatever happens from here is gravy. regular season obviously ended in a great accomplishment and losing Saturday won't take away from that but you only get so many chances in the NFL playoffs. it's really difficult to make it. like life where you have to take advantage of opportunities this is another for this franchise. just because this team won this year doesn't mean they will automatically come back next year as well. Home playoff game and a favorite against a team that is significantly worse on the road vs. home losing Saturday night will be a disappointment regardless of whatever expectations some had back in August.

as of Wednesday night Eagles only home team to sell out this weekend. NFL blackout rules are fucking archaic though. makes zero sense from a marketing standpoint to blackout a game where less casual fans would be more inclined to watch. it's 2014 for crying out loud. time to put those blackout rules out to pasture. hell I actually think the NFL should be televising every game each weekend (which they almost do with anyway with the Red Zone).

offense really needs to execute much better in this game than the Cowboys game. I think it is going to take at least 24 to win this game.

If you are going to be in the 1st weekend there is no better time than playing Saturday night at 8:00. it's the perfect night and time for a playoff game in my opinion.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    yet another new wrinkle to offense last week: the sweep--

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/ ... re-1985591

only a couple days away gentlemen!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Will they let me bring in a vuvuzela in? :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    in the month when we needed him most....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-month/
    LeSean McCoy is the NFC offensive player of the month

Posted by Josh Alper on January 2, 2014, 10:26 AM EST
    AP
    The Eagles are getting ready for the first playoff game of the Chip Kelly era, but Thursday brings an opportunity to look back at the past performance of one of their offensive stars.

Running back LeSean McCoy has been named the NFC offensive player of the month for December. McCoy ran for 598 yards and two touchdowns on 101 carries and added another score on one of his 18 catches to help the Eagles close the season with a 4-1 record and the NFC East title.

McCoy finished the year as the league’s leading rusher, picking up 1,607 yards on 314 carries. Those are both career highs as Kelly gave the ball to McCoy early and often this season, which makes for a sharp contrast to the criticisms that Andy Reid heard in Philly for his often sparing use of McCoy.

McCoy is the first Eagles running back to take home the monthly honor and he takes the prize home a month after quarterback Nick Foles was recognized for his play in November. Those back-to-back awards go a long way toward explaining how the Eagles were able to go from 3-5 to a playoff spot
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

McCoy is the first Eagles running back to take home the monthly honor and he takes the prize home a month after quarterback Nick Foles was recognized for his play in November. Those back-to-back awards go a long way toward explaining how the Eagles were able to go from 3-5 to a playoff spot

That and this:

Oakland
    GB w/o Rodgers
    Washington
    Arizona - nice one
    Detroit
    Minny
    Chicago with Cutler ;):lol:
    Dallas

(Vs. NE, Denver, KC and the mighty Giants and Cowboys in the first half)

Funny how the offense took off in the 2nd half of the season against the 4 worst and 6 of the 8 worst scoring Defenses in the league. :lol: Cause or effect?

Though, McCoy is awesome.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

That and this:

Oakland
    GB w/o Rodgers
    Washington
    Arizona - nice one
    Detroit
    Minny
    Dallas

Funny how the offense took off in the 2nd half of the season against the 4 worst and 6 of the 8 worst scoring Defenses in the league. :lol: Cause or effect?

I have a large umbrella for all this rain your bringing down on me.

We could've lost to those teams and then what you be saying?

Show me how every other playoff team ended the season, I don't have time and don't feel like looking.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

That and this:

Oakland
    GB w/o Rodgers
    Washington
    Arizona - nice one
    Detroit
    Minny
    Dallas

I have a large umbrella for all this rain your bringing down on me.

We could've lost to those teams and then what you be saying?

Show me how every other playoff team ended the season, I don't have time and don't feel like it.

Agreed. I understand you play who you play and can't control that. All you can do is win. I was only trying to point out that there are reasons for going 7-1 in the 2nd half of the season and having 2 offensive players of the month.

Though I do think it's funny they are favorites on the sole prospect that NO sucks on the road. Issue is- note who THEY played on the road in the 2nd half (Carolina - 2nd best scoring D, St. Louis - 13th, Seattle 1st, Atlanta 27th). The one inexplicable one is 17 pts at Atlanta even though it's an indoor stadium, but 1) they won the game and 2) it was a short week.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Cowboys fans are still bitter towards us :lol::lol::lol:

I hope this guy doesn't go away.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    wolf practiced today, though it was only a light practice. gonna need him on saturday...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

in the month when we needed him most....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-month/
    LeSean McCoy is the NFC offensive player of the month

Posted by Josh Alper on January 2, 2014, 10:26 AM EST
    AP
    The Eagles are getting ready for the first playoff game of the Chip Kelly era, but Thursday brings an opportunity to look back at the past performance of one of their offensive stars.

Running back LeSean McCoy has been named the NFC offensive player of the month for December. McCoy ran for 598 yards and two touchdowns on 101 carries and added another score on one of his 18 catches to help the Eagles close the season with a 4-1 record and the NFC East title.

McCoy finished the year as the league’s leading rusher, picking up 1,607 yards on 314 carries. Those are both career highs as Kelly gave the ball to McCoy early and often this season, which makes for a sharp contrast to the criticisms that Andy Reid heard in Philly for his often sparing use of McCoy.

interesting stats in Daily News today. Eagles led league in plays of 20+ yards but only 19 out of 99 of them were running plays.
  • Options
    so now you see how a balanced offense helps the passing game.

it really is amazing what this offense has accomplished in kelly's first season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/SBNation_20140101_Record_Breaking_2013_Eagles.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This board sucks
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    I don't know about this new format...kinda looks like the old one, and like myowntwohands, but I do not like the feel so far...

Where the Hell's the Phils thread?! And I wanna be able to just see the convo/threads I am in damnit.
  • Options
    i think the old "view your posts" thing is now under "my discussions"---but the threads appear to be in no kind of order, which makes all kinds of sense.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It seems like they are not done making changes to the forum. I hope and hope is good thing, maybe the best of things.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Go Birds. The Saints fans canceled their run on the Art Museum steps because of social media threats from Eagles fans. :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    AH! I don't like this - it's sending me emails every time someone responds to a thread I bookmarked! NO!
  • Options
    piss poor

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN 7m
    The Eagles did not have a running back with more than 20 carries in their last 18 playoff games under Andy Reid.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    at least the whiteness of this board blends more into other docs i have open at work...ha

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

at least the whiteness of this board blends more into other docs i have open at work...ha

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin.
  • Options
    as it sits now this new site is awfully hard to read. can't really separate posts from signatures and the white background is awful.

go Birds. Can't wait until Saturday night,
  • Options
    pierre thomas....OUT

and your juggler will be juggling it up tomorrow night in the linc. got awesome seats. GO BIRDS!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mccoy
    peters
    mathis

= all pros.

good for mathis. very deserving.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299

mccoy
    peters
    mathis

= all pros.

good for mathis. very deserving.

no Foles?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Can't wait until 8:10pm
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    It's a Philly Sports Power Hour kinda day...

http://jtgallagher.com/work/-power-hour-/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299

Can't wait until 8:10pm

:D 9 more hours to go.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY