Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That was a very good football game. Closer than I wanted and most Eagles fans thought would happen but it's awesome.

The Boys won both lines of scrimmage in the passing game. Orton didn't touch the turf.

Donnie Jones with the big leg at the end.

I can't believe that home team clock operator screwed the home team.

Lesean, "We’re in the playoffs. We should be in the playoffs. We should be the division champs. Go out there and get it done Saturday."
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,837
    Yep...today's rough.
  • Options
    Yep...today's rough.
    :lol: I'm dragging. Didn't get to bed until 2.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Yep...today's rough.

thank god this next one is a saturday night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Yep...today's rough.

thank god this next one is a saturday night.

I think it's time to start pulling this out again for the pre-game...

http://jtgallagher.com/work/-power-hour-/
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,310
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,310
    lesean-mccoy-wwe-belt.jpg
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :fp:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

we're setting up to run this division for the foreseeable future, buddy. better get used to it. :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    God forbid players actually have fun.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I could watch this on a loop until Saturday 8pm. ...and we're bringing ....... everybody!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    some of the posts from the first few pages of this thread through the summer are fucking hilarious in hindsight:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=201508&start=90

"HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH"

"looks like amaro has some competition for worst GM in sports. unfortunately said comp also resides in philly"

"this will not end well"

"enjoy the 3-year chip kelly era. can't see this being a good hire."

"go chiefs"

"one thing i'd add is i really don't like his demeanor. he comes across as kind of a dick.i think this hire has a much better chance of being a colassal failure than a huge success. i hope to god i'm wrong and will gladly stand up and admit i was if that is the case but don't see it."----well, gee, who cares about a coaches demeanor?

"can't wait to see how the fan base reacts when they realize chip Kelly is gonna throw the ball as much as reid did (especially since with a lousy defense it's gonna take 30 points a game to win games)."

"he's gonna be a train wreck"

"will be awesome losing 65-35 every week."

this has to be my favorite. this appeared after the FIRST PRE SEASON GAME:
    "without trying to be funny isn't their already cause for concern with Chip Kelly? I can't imagine the shit storm if Andy Reid had drafted mostly offense on a team with such an atrocious defense, then ignore that fact that they can't tackle a lick by having almost no full tackling drills in camp. hard to put a positive spin on that."

:lol:

--please nobody take me posting this the wrong way. i love you guys. just was cracking up as i was sifting through all those pages of nonsense. felt like sharing....and, my head hurts.

best single season turn around in team history and coach of the year candidate, by the way.....GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    some of the posts from the first few pages of this thread through the summer are fucking hilarious in hindsight:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=201508&start=90

"HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH"

"looks like amaro has some competition for worst GM in sports. unfortunately said comp also resides in philly"

"this will not end well"

"enjoy the 3-year chip kelly era. can't see this being a good hire."

"go chiefs"

"one thing i'd add is i really don't like his demeanor. he comes across as kind of a dick.i think this hire has a much better chance of being a colassal failure than a huge success. i hope to god i'm wrong and will gladly stand up and admit i was if that is the case but don't see it."----well, gee, who cares about a coaches demeanor?

"can't wait to see how the fan base reacts when they realize chip Kelly is gonna throw the ball as much as reid did (especially since with a lousy defense it's gonna take 30 points a game to win games)."

"he's gonna be a train wreck"

"will be awesome losing 65-35 every week."

this has to be my favorite. this appeared after the FIRST PRE SEASON GAME:
    "without trying to be funny isn't their already cause for concern with Chip Kelly? I can't imagine the shit storm if Andy Reid had drafted mostly offense on a team with such an atrocious defense, then ignore that fact that they can't tackle a lick by having almost no full tackling drills in camp. hard to put a positive spin on that."

:lol:

--please nobody take me posting this the wrong way. i love you guys. just was cracking up as i was sifting through all those pages of nonsense. felt like sharing....and, my head hurts.

best single season turn around in team history and coach of the year candidate, by the way.....GO BIRDS.

Great stuff.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    They struggled to beat a team that had exactly 1 win over a team with a winning record which happened to be your crappy team who was over .500 thanks to a 4-2 divisional record and playing teams like GB when Rodgers was out (2-5-1 Rodgers less - leaving Arizona as the only team with a winning record they beat). I actually can't believe how hyped up you guys are over winning this crappy division. All 4 teams sucked and the least sucky team won. Congrats and all that. Eagles deserved it. Definitely the best of an extraordinarily crappy division. Now, you and your brethren get to show you typical classiness on national tv on a Saturday night (who in the NFL offices approved that one? :wtf: ) - I think the most interesting thing about the game will be Vegas' over/under on arrests, deaths and stupidity from the lovely fans of Philadelphia on a Saturday night (again - who's planning these things?).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    They struggled to beat a team that had exactly 1 win over a team with a winning record which happened to be your crappy team who was over .500 thanks to a 4-2 divisional record and playing teams like GB when Rodgers was out (2-5-1 Rodgers less - leaving Arizona as the only team with a winning record they beat). I actually can't believe how hyped up you guys are over winning this crappy division. All 4 teams sucked and the least sucky team won. Congrats and all that. Eagles deserved it. Definitely the best of an extraordinarily crappy division. Now, you and your brethren get to show you typical classiness on national tv on a Saturday night (who in the NFL offices approved that one? :wtf: ) - I think the most interesting thing about the game will be Vegas' over/under on arrests, deaths and stupidity from the lovely fans of Philadelphia on a Saturday night (again - who's planning these things?).

i love this post. thank you.

now go back to rooting for the yankees...and the cowboys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Thank you for not including the Knicks. That is painful.
  • Options

Thank you for not including the Knicks. That is painful.

wow, good for you. i was actually considering including the lakers or the heat.

hopefully the knicks start winning some games.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I guess you didn't watch much football this year. Do you realize that playing back up QB's was rampant throughout the league this year. Go through every team's schedule and let me know which players were hurt and couldn't play that day. I guarantee you every team caught a break at some point. The Giants must have hated winning the division at 9-7 two years ago.

By the way, we won the division with our back up QB!!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I guess you didn't watch much football this year. Do you realize that playing back up QB's was rampant throughout the league this year. Go through every team's schedule and let me know which players were hurt and couldn't play that day. I guarantee you every team caught a break at some point. The Giants must have hated winning the division at 9-7 two years ago.

this is what i'm talking about. people just underestimate this team despite all signs pointing to the contrary. they have the highest rated qb in the league. they have the rushing champion. the best rushing attack in the league. 2nd best offense behind denver. and a defense that, while still very much a work in process, has been among the league's best in points allowed ever since the end of october. also, our punter is fucking awesome. :lol:

we're in gravy land right now, my friend. and it is thick and delicious. thick and delicious.

they may have won a bad division...but this is a good team.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

this is what i'm talking about. people just underestimate this team despite all signs pointing to the contrary. they have the highest rated qb in the league. they have the rushing champion. the best rushing attack in the league. 2nd best offense behind denver. and a defense that, while still very much a work in process, has been among the league's best in points allowed ever since the end of october. also, our punter is fucking awesome. :lol:

we're in gravy land right now, my friend. and it is thick and delicious. thick and delicious.

That's the post of the year. Good thing you posted it in time :D

Simple question, would you rather win a shitty division or lose it?

Are you going Saturday? It's going to be freakin' cold, 2004 Championship game cold.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I actually gave you the record of the team in question without their starting QB. Of course, back ups play all the time - hey! the Eagles can say their back up carried them. But, put things in proper context.

As for gravy - if division wins excite you - feel free to hang them banners. The Nets do it. If you think this team's on an upswing - by all means celebrate. Just note how many teams go in and out of playoffs each year in the NFL. Hell, half the time the SB Champion doesn't make the playoffs the next year anymore. Look at the list of NFL East Division winners over the last 10 years. If anything, the Eagles have the LEAST chance of winning it again next year. Maybe, they will buck the trend. Somehow, the Jets keep getting worse every year despite winning 6 road games with a rookie/2nd year QB who they didn't even want starting this year.

All I was trying to do was put it in perspective (trust me, if the Cowboys had won by going 6-0 with no wins over teams with winning records other than the Eagles, I would not be celebrating. Yeah, I wanted them to win. Yeah, I rooted for the. But, I was very grounded in the reality of the situation).

BTW, my bank account will thank you guys Saturday evening. Thank you for making them a favorite.
  • Options
    Hahahaha, listen to this dick. It's great.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Are you going Saturday? It's going to be freakin' cold, 2004 Championship game cold.

I would rather have a fighter's chance of winning the Super Bowl. Winning a shitty division isn't worth the shingle Eagles fans can eat it on.
  • Options
    I love it. We're getting to the point of obnoxiousness again where others feel a need to come in this thread and chirp because they know we're fucking assholes.

Fucking love it.

Remember - even if we lose Saturday, we will not shut up.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

i don't think he knows football. he's one of those people who thinks he knows about his favorite team and that's about it.. we have people like him in this thread. no big deal.

my buddy didn't want to pay for 2 games with our season tickets so i'm up in the air at this point. got a chance to buy tix from a guy at work for face value. awesome seats too--7 rows up, endzone. if that falls through, i'll be nice and toasty at home.

you going?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You didn't even want to buy your playoff tix even to resell?
  • Options
    I love it. We're getting to the point of obnoxiousness again where others feel a need to come in this thread and chirp because they know we're fucking assholes.

Fucking love it.

Remember - even if we lose Saturday, we will not shut up.

yeah it's great.

the thing he fails to understand is we had zero expectations for this team this year. the cowboys were expected to contend for this shitty division--we were not. love it. :lol:

thick and delicious.

thick_turkey_pan_gravy.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You didn't even want to buy your playoff tix even to resell?

my buddy is a cheap bastard....and a lazy one at that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    This is phenomenal

At least with the phillies you waited until they won a word series to start blowing each other