Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is phenomenal

At least with the phillies you waited until they won a word series to start blowing each other

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd perfect.
  • Options
    You didn't even want to buy your playoff tix even to resell?

my buddy is a cheap bastard....and a lazy one at that.

I gotta think someone would have paid your invoice. Like myself.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561

i honestly didn't give it much thought since i'm content with watching it at my place with a few people over anyway. hopefully i get these other tickets. if not, no big deal.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    So are the Eagles going to cover the -2.5 or what??? So tempted to bet the house on them...especially with the Saints on the road....they are garbage outside of that jerkoff dome in New Orleans.
  • Options
    So are the Eagles going to cover the -2.5 or what??? So tempted to bet the house on them...especially with the Saints on the road....they are garbage outside of that jerkoff dome in New Orleans.

I do not bet on my home teams. I tell you right now they cover and they lose, I will be a sad little man for more reasons other than them just losing.

So, what I'm sayin is, take the Saints. I think this is my plan the rest of these playoffs. Lay a shit load on the opponent of the Birds - that way I'm essentially emotionally hedging. They lose and I am at least compensating on my depression. They win and I fee like I bought myself a Super Bowl. Awful logic on my part since I'll have blood money on my hands? Absolutely.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin wrote:
    They struggled to beat a team that had exactly 1 win over a team with a winning record which happened to be your crappy team who was over .500 thanks to a 4-2 divisional record and playing teams like GB when Rodgers was out (2-5-1 Rodgers less - leaving Arizona as the only team with a winning record they beat). I actually can't believe how hyped up you guys are over winning this crappy division. All 4 teams sucked and the least sucky team won. Congrats and all that. Eagles deserved it. Definitely the best of an extraordinarily crappy division. Now, you and your brethren get to show you typical classiness on national tv on a Saturday night (who in the NFL offices approved that one? :wtf: ) - I think the most interesting thing about the game will be Vegas' over/under on arrests, deaths and stupidity from the lovely fans of Philadelphia on a Saturday night (again - who's planning these things?).

I guess you didn't watch much football this year. Do you realize that playing back up QB's was rampant throughout the league this year. Go through every team's schedule and let me know which players were hurt and couldn't play that day. I guarantee you every team caught a break at some point. The Giants must have hated winning the division at 9-7 two years ago.

By the way, we won the division with our back up QB!!!

I actually gave you the record of the team in question without their starting QB. Of course, back ups play all the time - hey! the Eagles can say their back up carried them. But, put things in proper context.

As for gravy - if division wins excite you - feel free to hang them banners. The Nets do it. If you think this team's on an upswing - by all means celebrate. Just note how many teams go in and out of playoffs each year in the NFL. Hell, half the time the SB Champion doesn't make the playoffs the next year anymore. Look at the list of NFL East Division winners over the last 10 years. If anything, the Eagles have the LEAST chance of winning it again next year. Maybe, they will buck the trend. Somehow, the Jets keep getting worse every year despite winning 6 road games with a rookie/2nd year QB who they didn't even want starting this year.

All I was trying to do was put it in perspective (trust me, if the Cowboys had won by going 6-0 with no wins over teams with winning records other than the Eagles, I would not be celebrating. Yeah, I wanted them to win. Yeah, I rooted for the. But, I was very grounded in the reality of the situation).

BTW, my bank account will thank you guys Saturday evening. Thank you for making them a favorite.

I didn't have expectations before the year and I still don't but you can't win it unless you're in it. There is never a building to the next year. Team's change too much. Each year is on it's own. The year the Eagles lost to the Rams in the Championship game was our best shot at a Super Bowl when you look back at it. After we lost to the Rams, everyone kept saying we came up 52 yds short and next year's game v. TB was a guaranteed victory. We all know how that worked out.

I don't understand what you're trying to tell us Eagles' fans. How should we be reacting? Should we not be happy our team is winning?

To quote Ebby Calvin (Nuke) LaLoosh, "I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.”
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

You didn't have to pay in advance this year. They took a credit card number and would only charge if there was a game. If we get another one, we wouldn't be charged until after we beat Carolina and Seattle loses.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

You didn't have to pay in advance this year. They took a credit card number and would only charge if there was a game. If we get another one, we wouldn't be charged until after we beat Carolina and Seattle loses.

what? see, i didn't even know that. the tickets are in his name. i am being held hostage. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm posting this again to get the stink out of this thread.

http://vimeo.com/82963876
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm posting this again to get the stink out of this thread.

http://vimeo.com/82963876

best one yet. that is great.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Eagles are practicing outdoors so Chip's pc is outdoors. Some reporters are bitching about it on twitter. :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I didn't have expectations before the year and I still don't but you can't win it unless you're in it. There is never a building to the next year. Team's change too much. Each year is on it's own. The year the Eagles lost to the Rams in the Championship game was our best shot at a Super Bowl when you look back at it. After we lost to the Rams, everyone kept saying we came up 52 yds short and next year's game v. TB was a guaranteed victory. We all know how that worked out.

I don't understand what you're trying to tell us Eagles' fans. How should we be reacting? Should we not be happy our team is winning?

To quote Ebby Calvin (Nuke) LaLoosh, "I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.”

You are absolutely right about the building thing in today's NFL.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy. Absolutely. Great quote. :lol: It's like folks who say money can't buy happiness - well, I'd like to try....

But, the amount of dancing and prancing is absolutely out of proportion with the ACTUAL accomplishment. Like I said - if the Cowboys had won, I would have been happy and certainly rationalized their path to the SB - NO is on the road, Carolina's offense can struggle with no notable reason for home field advantage, maybe GB will upset Seattle with Rodgers and the fact they just lost to a crappy team at home (Sea that is), then Eagles are home for GB with a team that just shot their load in a tough place to play (after beating a very good SF team, so they are due for a let down), and the G men made the SB as a 9-7 team...yada, yada, yada.

But, I certainly wouldn't be yapping and making a fool of myself. Doesn't really bother me. I enjoy seeing unrealistic FANATICS. It's my favorite type of fan to watch. It reminds me of my 13 year old self who thought every girl in school wanted me. Who needs reality when fantasy is so much better? Isn't that what sports is about? Doesn't make a few of you look any less the fool. So, please, continue. And good luck.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    The ironic part is you are making a fool of yourself, nerd.
  • Options
    edson, my dear friend....without, seemingly, any knowledge what so ever, you are single handily making this much more enjoyable for us. thank you. please continue posting. you've sort of taken on the "metsfan" role of years past. the irony is that you're a yankee fan. a fraud, none the less, as evidence by your love of the chokers from dallas.

but i digress and i will indulge you for a brief moment...

nobody here is out of line with their exuberance. nobody is saying the eagles are winning the super bowl. most of us expressed concern about beating the lowly cowboys last week. nobody, as of yet, has even said we will steamroll the saints. this season has been gravy for us for weeks now as this was essentially a rebuilding year. we are happy now because our team appears to be ahead of schedule. so your posts are misguided. amusing, clearly. but misguided.

but you calling them a "crappy" team, on the other hand, is the most outlandish and ridiculous comment anyone has made in this thread outside of anything pjhawks has ever posted. and that is saying something. congratulations. if you would like to explain why--again, using actual football examples and not simply citing who they played and what division they played in, i'd love to have a conversation about that. because you seem like a nice fellow. you just need to be enlightened a little before you're ready to talk with us. now go ahead. tell us why the eagles are a crappy team. go ahead.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edson, my dear friend....without, seemingly, any knowledge what so ever, you are single handily making this much more enjoyable for us. thank you. please continue posting. you've sort of taken on the "metsfan" role of years past. the irony is that you're a yankee fan. a fraud, none the less, as evidence by your love of the chokers from dallas.

nobody here is out of line with their exuberance. nobody is saying the eagles are winning the super bowl. most of us expressed concern about beating the lowly cowboys last week. nobody, as of yet, has even said we will steamroll the saints. this season has been gravy for us for weeks now as this was essentially a rebuilding year. we are happy now because our team appears to be ahead of schedule. so your posts are misguided. amusing, clearly. but misguided.

but you calling them a "crappy" team, on the other hand, is the most outlandish and ridiculous comment anyone has made in this thread outside of anything pjhawks has ever posted. and that is saying something. congratulations. if you would like to explain why--again, using actual football examples and not simply citing who they played and what division they played in, i'd love to have a conversation about that. because you seem like a nice fellow. you just need to be enlightened a little before you're ready to talk with us. now go ahead. tell us why the eagles are a crappy team. go ahead.

I guess we shall see. First up - New Orleans at home. They definitely have a better chance of changing the perspective on their season, than say - the Cowboys.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

You are absolutely right about the building thing in today's NFL.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy. Absolutely. Great quote. :lol: It's like folks who say money can't buy happiness - well, I'd like to try....

But, the amount of dancing and prancing is absolutely out of proportion with the ACTUAL accomplishment. Like I said - if the Cowboys had won, I would have been happy and certainly rationalized their path to the SB - NO is on the road, Carolina's offense can struggle with no notable reason for home field advantage, maybe GB will upset Seattle with Rodgers and the fact they just lost to a crappy team at home (Sea that is), then Eagles are home for GB with a team that just shot their load in a tough place to play (after beating a very good SF team, so they are due for a let down), and the G men made the SB as a 9-7 team...yada, yada, yada.

But, I certainly wouldn't be yapping and making a fool of myself. Doesn't really bother me. I enjoy seeing unrealistic FANATICS. It's my favorite type of fan to watch. It reminds me of my 13 year old self who thought every girl in school wanted me. Who needs reality when fantasy is so much better? Isn't that what sports is about? Doesn't make a few of you look any less the fool. So, please, continue. And good luck.
    Ok and thanks. I guess I don't see us pounding our chests like you outsiders do. I personally don't think we're the best team to ever play the game but we've got a shot to win this year.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    In all fairness, I think certain someone's cited the chiefs as being overrated due to who they played
  • Options

I guess we shall see. First up - New Orleans at home. They definitely have a better chance of changing the perspective on their season, than say - the Cowboys.

so...all that talk and you unable to support any of it. i'm disappointed in myself for expecting more out of you.

a win on saturday is just more gravy---a loss and we're still ahead of schedule. not all philadelphia fans are as irrational as you would like to think we are.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    In all fairness, I think certain someone's cited the chiefs as being overrated due to who they played

yeah- me. but i didn't call them a "crappy" team. i called them a good team who would eventually struggle once their schedule got tougher. they finished 2-5 cliff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah- me. but i didn't call them a "crappy" team. i called them a good team who would eventually struggle once their schedule got tougher. they finished 2-5 cliff.

I am aware. Just pointing out that the same argument was made

Anyways, carry on, this is golden
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Ok and thanks. I guess I don't see us pounding our chests like you outsiders do. I personally don't think we're the best team to ever play the game but we've got a shot to win this year.

Some more than others. ;) And honestly, nothing really wrong with it. Isn't that what being a fan is? But, on the flip side, those same folks have to be more willing to take it than they apparently are. And isn't THAT what sports are all about. :lol:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am aware. Just pointing out that the same argument was made

Anyways, carry on, this is golden

Shouldn't you be polishing your rings right about now? :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaanyway, I need suggestions for somewhere in the city to host people to dole out fantasy money and watch the game. Xfinity was on the list, but do not wanna be that crammed at 7pm.

Ready, go.
  • Options
    7th Heaven
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    7th Heaven
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    7th Heaven

The Conshohocken Ballet was not too kind to me the last time I was there....
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    7th Heaven

she never is
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Shouldn't you be polishing your rings right about now? :lol::lol::lol:

Atta boy. I didn't even have to bring it up :thumbup:
  • Options

she never is

No, literally, it punched me in the face from behind and kicked me again in said face while I was out for the count.
  • Options
    I apologize, that's outside of the city.

How about Tir Na Nog?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer