******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    zeke is gonna eat you guys up! lol
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The fact that McManus and Kapadia are both gone from Birds 24/7 makes me even less enthused for this season. That site was far and away the best and most comprehensive coverage of this team anywhere in the city. They still have good writers there though. Not quite the same.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Sports Illustrated has the Birds going 7-9 this year and finishing in 3rd place in the NFC East :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Sports Illustrated has the Birds going 7-9 this year and finishing in 3rd place in the NFC East :neutral:

They're the worst team in the division.

They're the worst team in the division.
    maybe not anymore with romo hurt. I think the giants will probably win the division though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The fact that McManus and Kapadia are both gone from Birds 24/7 makes me even less enthused for this season. That site was far and away the best and most comprehensive coverage of this team anywhere in the city. They still have good writers there though. Not quite the same.

anyone following local coverage of philly sports in any capacity is funny. I moved away and I feel empowered about the teams. Less peripheral noise.

nice to see the birds get dgb, the guy I wanted them to draft. algo-whatever his name is can go now. along with marcus smith. and everyone else loser chip brought in (no coincidence that chippy ended up in San Fran -- just sayin).

does anyone even care about the eagles this year? I can't wait for their season to be over. Thank god for the flyers -- and sixers
    edited August 2016
    ...except Phil Sheridan right? You love that guy.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer said:

anyone following local coverage of philly sports in any capacity is funny. I moved away and I feel empowered about the teams. Less peripheral noise.

nice to see the birds get dgb, the guy I wanted them to draft. algo-whatever his name is can go now. along with marcus smith. and everyone else loser chip brought in (no coincidence that chippy ended up in San Fran -- just sayin).

does anyone even care about the eagles this year? I can't wait for their season to be over. Thank god for the flyers -- and sixers
    yes real fans do but you wouldn't know anything about that right? Wait you used to be a Phils fan, now your on O's fan. whose next?

and i say this every year but when will NFL teams realize that playing your stars, especially veteran QBs, in the pre-season is just stupid? Romo's injury just points it out even more. what was the point of Romo playing in that game? don't give me he needs reps. he is in the same offense with the same coach as previously. the risk reward of these guys playing in the pre-season isn't worth it. one of the days a coach is going to do this and everyone will follow suit...then the league will step in and mandate you have to play a certain about of starters like the NHL does.

and Colin Kaepernick is a fucking idiot. i'm sure his agent is pounding his head on the his desk over this guy. a guy who is on thin ice already protesting the National Anthem is just career suicide. I wonder, if Chip played the National Anthem during his practices, since we all know how Chip loves music at practice, would Kaepernick sit down on the field and not participate until it's over?
  • Yes, Hawks, Kap is likely to be cut by end of camp....or a few games into the season. His talent has strangely dried up - doesn't look to be the same guy he was a few years ago. If there were Roid accusations I would believe it.

I am happy to take all of the darts from the fans here as I shared how much I loved Nelson Agholor while at USC and how he was a great character guy (ummm...) and a guy I expected to make a big impact. (Ummm...1 TD and no good games?)
    Sorry about that.

Hey, I would happily take him in SF over the shitty fucking WRs we have. Then he could be reunited with his gay coach, right Fixer?

Hope that Dallas Sucks documentary somehow gets made, I would love to watch it. With a different narrator for sure -- because I am sure The Fixer would agree, that guy didn't sound too masculine. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited August 2016
    so some undrafted LB for Birds is gonna sit during the National Anthem Thursday night. good career move.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/eagles-myke-tavarres-national-anthem/

now this numnuts has changed his mind and will stand for the Anthem.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/csn/eagles/Eagles_LB_Myke_Tavarres_reportedly_changes_mind__will_stand_for_national_anthem-391653871.html
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Alright let's get this season started already. Least excited I've been in maybe ever, but over the last few days I've been garnering a little bit of steam. Just a lil bit...

I actually liked their off season up until the Wentz trade. Trading up for qb's at the top of the draft rarely works out well and then you add in the fact that he didn't even play d1 ball and might be a little fragile....well your Juggler's a little skeptical. Could've gotten one of the stud offensive lineman and then added some more offensive weapons maybe another corner......but I digress. Here we are.

I've no idea what to expect. If things go perfectly (Bradford continues feeling more and more comfortable, Peters stays healthy, Mathews continues to develop into a dependable wideout, d plays as well as we thing they could), they could win 8 or 9 games and win this shitty division.....but I have little to no faith in Ederson at this point (how could anyone? He was coaching high school a few years ago and if anyone thinks Andy suddenly started letting him call plays in the 2nd half of games down the stretch of a playoff run, you're lying to yourself--that Chiefs team was carried by their defense anyway), Peters will probably not last long and Lane will probably serve most of those 10 games so the line will probably be a mess and everything will go to shit and they end up with 5 or 6 wins with no first round pick next year. Awesome!

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    There's definitely an underwhelming feeling for this year. We'll have zero production from our last 4 1st round picks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Alright let's get this season started already. Least excited I've been in maybe ever, but over the last few days I've been garnering a little bit of steam. Just a lil bit...

I actually liked their off season up until the Wentz trade. Trading up for qb's at the top of the draft rarely works out well and then you add in the fact that he didn't even play d1 ball and might be a little fragile....well your Juggler's a little skeptical. Could've gotten one of the stud offensive lineman and then added some more offensive weapons maybe another corner......but I digress. Here we are.

I've no idea what to expect. If things go perfectly (Bradford continues feeling more and more comfortable, Peters stays healthy, Mathews continues to develop into a dependable wideout, d plays as well as we thing they could), they could win 8 or 9 games and win this shitty division.....but I have little to no faith in Ederson at this point (how could anyone? He was coaching high school a few years ago and if anyone thinks Andy suddenly started letting him call plays in the 2nd half of games down the stretch of a playoff run, you're lying to yourself--that Chiefs team was carried by their defense anyway), Peters will probably not last long and Lane will probably serve most of those 10 games so the line will probably be a mess and everything will go to shit and they end up with 5 or 6 wins with no first round pick next year. Awesome!

GO BIRDS.

the only hope is that the defense can carry this team in this shitty division. skill position players on offense suck. agree with you on the offensive line. this has disaster written all over it when (if)f Peters gets hurt. right now I'd say 7-9 is about right for this team.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    this may be fake, but the characterization of the eagles fan is priceless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGvhCbWednQ
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

this guy sucks
    www.myspace.com
    That's totally fake but funny. He has a youtube channel with nothing but pranks on people. His name is Ed Bassmaster and is from Philly.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    so they are having the NFL draft on the Parkway next year. Could be interesting how this is setup. lots of space to get a lot of things going on and lots of people there too. more interesting than just having it in the Wells Fargo Center i think
    So the draft is going to be held on the parkway next year? That's pretty cool.

Can't wait to see our first round pick run up the....never mind.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

Wobbie said:

this guy sucks
    you suck.

(i got that move from you)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Wobbie said:

this guy sucks
    is that Ed Bassmaster?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Wobbie said:

this guy sucks
    is that Ed Bassmaster?
    yes
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Wobbie said:

this guy sucks
    is that Ed Bassmaster?
    yes
    yeah not really a fan of is. i didn't even watch it, just saw the face and it looked like him. i know preston and steve have had him in the studio.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

JK_Livin said:

Wobbie said:

this guy sucks
    is that Ed Bassmaster?
    yes
    yeah not really a fan of is. i didn't even watch it, just saw the face and it looked like him. i know preston and steve have had him in the studio.
    He has the nation fooled. One of my Giants friends just sent me the video with "typical Philly fan" attached
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    undefeated bitches!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

undefeated bitches!

i think even the Juggler can finally admit that pre-season is meaningless.
    pjhawks said:

undefeated bitches!

i think i heard last time they went undefeated in the pre-season they went 4-12 in the regular season :lol:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    pjhawks said:

undefeated bitches!

wins and losses have always been meaningless. you know that.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Fuck you guys