Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,464
    Trying to contain my enthusiasm...but, I mean, by multiple measures this one of the best starts for a rookie QB ever.

You're right Erie, the big test is Sunday. Chicago and The Cleve really are awful teams.

GO BIRDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited September 2016
    The atmosphere will be crazy on Sunday for a 4:25 game. Hopefully it continues throughout the game.

Nice game though. Even with all the mistakes, we pulled away in the 2nd half.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I don't understand running Sproles between the tackles though. I'd take any of the other 3 guys for that.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    JK_Livin said:

A few of my friends traveled to Chicago for the game. They're kind of hoping they don't get shot

Haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

JK_Livin said:

A few of my friends traveled to Chicago for the game. They're kind of hoping they don't get shot

Haha
    I think they made it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283
    well boys it looks like we got ourselves a franchise QB. highly impressed at this point. was still a tad leery before last night but after last night i'm fully on the Wentz wagon. I mean the guy has it all. i usually don't jump this quick (see my comments back when Foles was lighting it up) but no reason not to on Wentz. it's actually scary how good he could end up being when you see how he has reacted in his 1st two NFL starts. barring injuries the sky is the limit. stoked to see where this goes. crazy to think if Teddy Bridgewater doesn't get hurt Wentz would be 3rd string at this point.

the worst play in football is a running play on 1st and goal from outside the 7. just a wasted down.

can you imagine how frustrating it must be to be a Bears fan and have to watch Jay Cutler every week? he has some talent but just an overall loser QB.

and i still hate kickers.
  • Options
    Cannot wait for tomorrow's game.

PFF has Wentz ranked as the best qb through 2 weeks:

You read that correctly. Through Week 2, second-overall pick Carson Wentz — who only a few short weeks ago was set to back up Sam Bradford in Philadelphia — owns a 90.8 overall grade this season. That puts him ahead of Andrew Luck (87.9), Eli Manning (87.3), and yes, Bradford (87.2). While many predicted that the rookie out of North Dakota State would take a step back after his impressive debut versus the Browns (PFF analysts included), Wentz threw for 190 yards, a touchdown, and no picks against the Bears — he’s yet to throw a pick this year — on his way to an 87.0 game grade. Wentz’s yardage total should have been considerably higher, as his receivers dropped two deep passes that, if completed, would have totaled another 76 yards.

So.....HOF induction, 2035 or 2036?

BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246
    If the Eagles can stay with The steelers through out the entire game i'd be happy.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Is this real life? What is happening here?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cannot believe how good this kid is so soon.

I'm amazed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,546
    i knew you guys would be better than what everyone was saying. You can add 2 more wins to your record against the Giants
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246

Cannot believe how good this kid is so soon.

I'm amazed.

music reference
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzdoOGUsEKg

If the Eagles can stay with The steelers through out the entire game i'd be happy.

this will work also. I'm shocked at how well they've palyed today

No turnovers or sacks allowed so far? Defense looks fucking great. Wentz and Pederson, i'm a believer now :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,662
    real for real.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    Is this too good to be true?

We shall see as the season still has a ways to go.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    edited September 2016
    Welp, yep, I'm on - 100% on. Didn't think this would happen this season, but, yup, blinders are on, fuck everyone else, it's time to get obnoxious.
  • Options
    wow what can you say? i mean is this real? is this really happening in Philadelphia? 3-0 with a rookie coach and rookie QB. A rookie QB who only started what 17 games or something like that in college. A rookie QB who played college at the FCS level. A rookie QB who is supposedly only starting because the Minnesota Vikings QB was hurt...in a practice just over a week before the season started. a rookie QB who has now thrown more passes than any other rookie in the history of the NFL without throwing his 1st interception? are you fucking shitting me? some crazy shit going on and it's freakin awesome so far.

defense was awesome today. one of the best efforts by the defensive backs in a long time. Jenkins was all over the field.

i don't get why NFL coaches insist on not taking their QBs out of the game. once it got to 34-3 there was no reason for Big Ben to still be in that game. the guy is too important to stay out there once the game is out of reach. of course Phil Simms disagrees.

the way this season has started sucks the bye is next week. wish they were playing again to keep the momentum going.
  • Options
    Wow, my voice is shot today. Great crowd and a great win. The Steelers fans, and there were a lot of them, never had a chance to annoy us. Doug has me dumbfounded.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Another thing that is making this so exciting is that expectations were so low going in. It's kind of refreshing to just watch and be surprised at what you're seeing.

The expectations thing also applies to Pederson. So far he has proven to be an imaginative play caller, not afraid to take risks, not wasting timeouts while maintaining balance and getting so many of his weapons involved. Thoroughly impressed with him so far as well.

The defense has been very good too. Jenkins was everywhere yesterday. I don't expect Schwartz to last long here before another head coaching gig opens up for him.

Gonna get a lot tougher with Lane missing the next 10 games but...god damn it....looks like we have something here folks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Flew back from LA yesterday....when we left the early games were going, when we landed the late games were just wrapping up.

Normal enough landing into PHL....but as we taxi'd and everyone was turning on their phones it was a ripple effect.
    Holy Crap!
    Eagles killed the Steelers!
    Carson did it again!
    Steelers only scored 3?

Up and down the plane...people happily sharing the news with everyone around them.

Pretty cool. I am a 49ers fan but have stated repeatedly how much more fun it is around here when the Eagles are playing well.
    Love to read how everyone is believing.

Didn't love hitting the road as the game let out and taking an hour to get from PHL to Cherry Hill. :angry:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Offensive Player of the Week for the kid...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ertz & McKelvin back and Bradham's an idiot.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So....turns out you can't bring a loaded gun onto a plane.

Who'd have thunk?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802

So....turns out you can't bring a loaded gun onto a plane.

Who'd have thunk?

But, I have a concealed gun permit?

What a fool
  • Options
    First they take 'er jerbs, now they wanna take 'er gerns. What's next!? Thanks, Obama.

Any nerds out there know the rules if the regional home team is playing at 1 (say on CBS), do they always not show the other game that's on Fox?

Possibly heading up to Vermont this weekend, and definitely do not want to watch the garbage Pats game on CBS at 1; Birds are on Fox, and pretty sure it's the sensible game in that area, other than DC/Baltimore which doesn't really make sense for that area - this is all considering that there will even be a 1pm Fox game on up there. I think I gotta find a place with The Ticket...
  • Options
    Don't know the rules but do know VT's butt love for the NYG...good news for you that they are playing at night. If they were playing at the same time as the Eagles there is no way you would see the Eagles game.
    Do you have Verizon for your phone? NFL Redzone for sometime like $3 a month, at least would keep you in the loop when they are in the Red Zone.
    Could be a tough game for the Birds this week. They are flying high and those Kitties MUST win to try and turn their season around.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    There are occasionally games on opposite of the Eagles here. I think it is pretty rare though.
  • Options

First they take 'er jerbs, now they wanna take 'er gerns. What's next!? Thanks, Obama.

Any nerds out there know the rules if the regional home team is playing at 1 (say on CBS), do they always not show the other game that's on Fox?

Possibly heading up to Vermont this weekend, and definitely do not want to watch the garbage Pats game on CBS at 1; Birds are on Fox, and pretty sure it's the sensible game in that area, other than DC/Baltimore which doesn't really make sense for that area - this is all considering that there will even be a 1pm Fox game on up there. I think I gotta find a place with The Ticket...

if your team is home you do not get another game on the opposite network at the same time. Now that may be different up there if Vermont is not considered the direct NE market. they might get 2 games at once if they are far enough outside the Pats market.

quick google search looks like you are sol.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/tv-schedule
  • Options

Don't know the rules but do know VT's butt love for the NYG...good news for you that they are playing at night. If they were playing at the same time as the Eagles there is no way you would see the Eagles game.
    Do you have Verizon for your phone? NFL Redzone for sometime like $3 a month, at least would keep you in the loop when they are in the Red Zone.
    Could be a tough game for the Birds this week. They are flying high and those Kitties MUST win to try and turn their season around.

Yeah, the only regional-ish game on at 1 on Fox for that area other than the Birds would be Ravens/Skins.

It chaps my ass that choice is only limited to Verizon for phones; I have AT&T.

But I DID find a joint with the ticket, so I think I'm good.

This Detroit team stinks, but it looks like the spread is down to a pick em for all intents and purposes. Hopefully they have Lane for one more week; or maybe, just maybe, the league will fuck this all up and he won't miss any time.
  • Options
    Bradham formally charged for the summer incident.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer