******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,263
    The Fixer said:

RIP! You'll always be watching over us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlR6ujpB89k

Zendejas always has been and always will be the star of this video
    i have this on vhs tape and there's one time he sung his line in spanish which was pretty cool. I'll have to find the tape and maybe get it on youtube. don't have a converter to transform vhs to dvd/youtube thing. might have to do it the old fashion way and use my camera,
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    edited June 2016
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

RIP Buddy. Funnest coach ever.

RIP Buddy. Man those were fun times. His defense in Chicago and here changed the game. Love the way his teams attacked on D.
    Yeah, I loved seeing him lose in the playoffs every year. Great times

Only in philly can a coach who never freakin won a playoff game be so loved by the fans. I have never understood this.
    that's because you are miserable sob who takes no enjoyment from anything it seems like. all you do is bitch about everything. you did nothing but bitch when the Phillies had great teams and now you are whining about Pearl Jam shows. it must suck going through life not enjoying moments. sports is entertainment and sure as shit Buddy and his Eagles teams were entertaining as hell. not sure why that is hard to understand.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

RIP Buddy. Man those were fun times. His defense in Chicago and here changed the game. Love the way his teams attacked on D.

Only in philly can a coach who never freakin won a playoff game be so loved by the fans. I have never understood this.
    that's because you are miserable sob who takes no enjoyment from anything it seems like. all you do is bitch about everything. you did nothing but bitch when the Phillies had great teams and now you are whining about Pearl Jam shows. it must suck going through life not enjoying moments. sports is entertainment and sure as shit Buddy and his Eagles teams were entertaining as hell. not sure why that is hard to understand.
    I like winners. Buddy was a loser who talked a ton of shit and couldn't back any of it up. He was a terrible head coach

Feel free to continue to pass judgement on people you don't know. Falls in line with the rest of your sports related opinions.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I like winners. Buddy was a loser who talked a ton of shit and couldn't back any of it up. He was a terrible head coach

Feel free to continue to pass judgement on people you don't know. Falls in line with the rest of your sports related opinions.
    pot meet kettle.

edit: you like winners yet you hated charlie manual (as i do) and larry brown just off the top of my head, so yea, so much for that theory of yours. try again.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    based on what? Only thing I judge is how intelligent people are around here. You don't score very high
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    based on what? Only thing I judge is how intelligent people are around here. You don't score very high
    thanks for proving my point.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    your track record speaks for itself.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    as does yours in being a miserable sob around here.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    whatever man. going back and forth with you is boring -- it's like playing hoops against a 1st grader. not fun when you win every time and don't even have to try
  • Options
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    whatever man. going back and forth with you is boring -- it's like playing hoops against a 1st grader. not fun when you win every time
    you have quite the high opinion of yourself and seem to really like telling everyone about it. most people get over that type of behavior by the time they become adults. maybe someday....
  • Options

The Fixer said:

RIP! You'll always be watching over us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlR6ujpB89k

Zendejas always has been and always will be the star of this video
    i have this on vhs tape and there's one time he sung his line in spanish which was pretty cool. I'll have to find the tape and maybe get it on youtube. don't have a converter to transform vhs to dvd/youtube thing. might have to do it the old fashion way and use my camera,
    here ya go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodoNEg5s_4
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    whatever man. going back and forth with you is boring -- it's like playing hoops against a 1st grader. not fun when you win every time
    you have quite the high opinion of yourself and seem to really like telling everyone about it. most people get over that type of behavior by the time they become adults. maybe someday....
    scoreboard -- the ryan howard thing was the start and you've gone downhill since. boring and funny all in one. buddy ryan just continues the trend.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pot meet kettle.
    scoreboard -- the ryan howard thing was the start and you've gone downhill since. boring and funny all in one. buddy ryan just continues the trend.
    thanks for proving my point once again.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,497
    RIP Buddy Ball.

One of the finest defensive minds in the history of the sport.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Sproles gets another year. Peters had some things to get off his chest about Chip.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Sproles gets another year. Peters had some things to get off his chest about Chip.

saw that about Peters. not surprising. you had to be completely blind not to see the veterans were going to not like Chip's ways. i said it from year 1 that some of the shit he did the vets would laugh at like monitoring sleep and drinking smoothies. hard to believe some around here treated the guy like the greatest thing ever.
  • Options
    He was successful his 1st season and as fans you hope and want the best. I'll admit I was duped. His is right about sleep though. The more you get, the better you will play.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Sorry to disappoint.

Who would've thought that eating better and taking care of your body is better for professional athletes than having things like "fast food friday's" during the season?

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-scale-back-keep-chip-kelly-sports-science-program-doug-pederson

Eagles scale back, but keep Chip Kelly’s sports science program
    By Dave Zangaro | CSNPhilly.com July 21, 2016 9:35 AM

Chip Kelly is gone. The smoothie machine isn’t.

Neither is the entire sports science program — which stressed nutrition, hydration and sleep habits — that Kelly installed in Philadelphia when he became the team’s head coach in 2013.

While owner Jeff Lurie was happy to partially erase what he would probably consider a dark period in team history last season, Kelly’s lasting effect will be felt within the NovaCare Complex for years to come, in large part because of the sports science program.

“I started diving into it a little bit more,” new head coach Doug Pederson said. “It was something that was really unfamiliar to me, even prior to this year. But it’s something that with [director of high performance Shaun Huls] and [head strength coach Josh Hingst] and the guys and Chris Peduzzi (head trainer) and our docs and just kind of diving in, I’m still kind of learning what it’s all about. But I think there’s some merit to understanding an individual player’s chemistry, makeup and you can begin to tailor workouts, recovery, nutrition.”

The sports science program is still there, it’s just scaled back some. And while Kelly has moved on to San Francisco, the man he entrusted to start the sports science program in Philadelphia, Huls, has remained. So has the equipment.

While the program has been scaled back some under the new regime, at least several players are pretty happy the baby wasn’t tossed out with the bathwater, to paraphrase one of Kelly’s favorite sayings.

For the last two years, Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins has missed just seven plays and has led the league in snaps in both years. Kelly’s fast-paced — and at times, stagnant — offense led to Jenkins' playing all those snaps, while the sports science program helped him recover.

“Yeah, [Pederson] did keep a lot of it and I think it’s beneficial for the players, that’s why it’s still around,” Jenkins told CSNPhilly.com. “It’s not emphasized as much anymore. I think it’s more up to the players’ discretion, but it’s still there.”

Jenkins said all the equipment is still available to players, but the program isn’t being stressed as much and some of the “tedious things that I don’t necessarily think the players liked” are gone. Those things are the daily breathing and hydration tests and questionnaires and sleep monitors. Jenkins said the team didn’t use GPS monitoring during the spring, but Pederson said it will use them going forward.

Pederson said while all the science tools are helpful, he still wants to be able to go up to a player and ask how he feels. He stressed the importance of communication between coach, player and medical staff.

Really, the most important thing about the sports science program is what it taught players about how to take care of their bodies. Several players in the locker room have changed their habits thanks to the last three years under Kelly.

“I think it’s just more the knowledge,” Jenkins said. “A lot of the tools aren’t available as much. We don’t have the GPSs, we don’t do the daily questionnaires, we don’t get a daily hydration test, but it’s the knowledge of what all of that taught you as far as hydration, as far as how well you sleep, the way we train and recovery and all that stuff. So I think, for the most part, I think guys learned a lot more about how to take care of themselves, not necessarily to have all that stuff.”

Jenkins isn’t the only player happy the program stayed (mostly) intact. Last offseason, when Ryan Mathews signed with the Eagles, he named the sports science program as one of the reasons he came to Philadelphia.

Mathews’ injury history has been well-noted, and while he wasn’t able to play a complete season in 2015, he learned a lot more about how to take care of his body last year.

“I’ve always been strong, I’ve always been athletic and things like that,” Mathews told CSNPhilly.com. “But I just wanted to learn how to keep myself healthier. Hydration was a big part of it.

“It definitely opened my eyes up to a whole different aspect of out of the game. And I was really able to take advantage of it last year and I think this year it’s going to help me.”
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I know most people have seen the Buddy's Watching You video but have you seen the follow up to it by Keith Jackson called Coming Back Hard? If not here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfvLFBEQcvQ
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I know most people have seen the Buddy's Watching You video but have you seen the follow up to it by Keith Jackson called Coming Back Hard? If not here ya go.

Www.......hat in sam's hell was that?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Www.......hat in sam's hell was that?

i thought my description pretty much summed it up :lol::smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Love the cameos by Schmidt and Barkley but wow was that bad.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

it was awesome in an unintentional comedy kind of way.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Well put
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

who were the guys playing poker with Buddy?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD