******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    WHO'S PUMPED FOR THIS FUCKIN' SEASON?!

Me neither.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    They are having a live tackling team drill for the 1st time in 4 years.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

Me neither.

always found it hard to be pumped for the Eagles in the summer. won't really get fully into them until after Labor Day. Until then fuck it enjoy the weather.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Me neither.

Least excited I've been maybe ever.
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2016
    The QB and coach have a lot to do with it. All of our studs are on other teams now. The defense should be better but the offense is probably average at best. A lot of player turnover as well.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

Me neither.

Least excited I've been maybe ever.
    yeah it's probably been about 20 years or so since i've been this least excited.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    So Ugh Ederson has now decided to stop hitting at camp just a couple of days after doubling down on hitting being important this time of the year.

Alright then.

www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So who wins the East ... the Giants?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Probably because Eli doesn't get hurt.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Good point about Eli...should be interesting season.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Saw a report the Lane could be suspended for 10 games. He's an asshole if true.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Saw a report the Lane could be suspended for 10 games. He's an asshole if true.

agree, what a disaster for this team if true.
    Wow there's a game tonight.

Looking forward to seeing Wentz for the 2nd half. Will be brutally humid down there tonight.
    www.myspace.com
    This. Is. Awesome:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-philadelphia-eagles-1785083865

"I wish he had fallen into a mining pit. Needless to say, your average WIP caller fell for this immediately. Wentz already has the best-selling jersey in the state. I wonder if Eagles fans will be as impatient and demanding of Wentz as they were with Donovan McNabb. I wonder what strange and exotic factor might cause them to treat him more kindly. BIG FUCKING MYSTERY."
  • The other team write ups that I read on that link were pretty awesome as well.
    For my 49ers:
    Also, they drafted DeForest Buckner as a way of replacing the 26 good defenders they lost to retirement/drunk driving/wife-beating. Lotta shoes for that young man to fill.

Thought the birds looked OK last night. Tough to take away too much from pre-season game 1 but didn't look bad. (I did look hot out there.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

This. Is. Awesome:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-philadelphia-eagles-1785083865

"I wish he had fallen into a mining pit. Needless to say, your average WIP caller fell for this immediately. Wentz already has the best-selling jersey in the state. I wonder if Eagles fans will be as impatient and demanding of Wentz as they were with Donovan McNabb. I wonder what strange and exotic factor might cause them to treat him more kindly. BIG FUCKING MYSTERY."

This was the only one of these that I have read this year, but it was a phenomenal one. Perfectly sums up you neanderthals

The other team write ups that I read on that link were pretty awesome as well.
    For my 49ers:
    Also, they drafted DeForest Buckner as a way of replacing the 26 good defenders they lost to retirement/drunk driving/wife-beating. Lotta shoes for that young man to fill.

Thought the birds looked OK last night. Tough to take away too much from pre-season game 1 but didn't look bad. (I did look hot out there.)

Wentz looked okay to me. I kinda like how they put him with a two minute drill. Drop him in the deep in as opposed to just wading in slowly. Long way to go though.
    www.myspace.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Man, the Iggles haven't had much since the McNabb days. Hope Bradford can do something consistent for you all.
    www.cluthelee.com

For my 49ers:

Wentz looked okay to me. I kinda like how they put him with a two minute drill. Drop him in the deep in as opposed to just wading in slowly. Long way to go though.
    Heard Wentz has a hairline fracture in his ribs. might be out for awhile.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

For my 49ers:

Out for the preseason. So, basically his season is over.

Go Birds!
    www.myspace.com

For my 49ers:

Go Birds!
    i figure he gets the last 2 or so starts of the year once this team is officially eliminated from playoffs. this team has the look of a 6 or 7 win team.
    pjhawks said:

For my 49ers:

Go Birds!
    i figure he gets the last 2 or so starts of the year once this team is officially eliminated from playoffs. this team has the look of a 6 or 7 win team.
    That's tough. I don't see how they can put him in there with only a couple quarters of preseason under his belt.
    www.myspace.com
    I read this today,

DID YOU KNOW: Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo all did NOT start a single game as a rookie.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

pjhawks said:

For my 49ers:

Go Birds!
    That's tough. I don't see how they can put him in there with only a couple quarters of preseason under his belt.
    There is no reason for Dakota Tebow to start before mid-2017, at the earliest.

pjhawks said:

For my 49ers:

Go Birds!
    Dakota Tebow-- haha.

Well done.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

For my 49ers:

Go Birds!
    Dakota Tebow-- haha.

Well done.
    I can't take credit for that - read the Birds 'Why Your Team Sucks'. Good stuff.

pjhawks said:

For my 49ers:

Go Birds!
    totally disagree. if they are out of the playoff race you have to play him because you have to make the decision on Bradford or Wentz for next year. Barring a great season by Bradford and the team Bradford is most likely being let go after this year. You aren't starting Wentz next year without playing him some at the end of this year. I think the chances of Bradford being here next year are about 10% at this point. Barring injury Wentz will be your starter in 2017.
    Eagles just traded for Beckham. Not that one, the shitty one from Tenn.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Eagles just traded for Beckham. Not that one, the shitty one from Tenn.

Solid move for a schlep of a backup.

So many questions though - shows how much Tenn thinks of him if they're already letting him for Dennis friggin Kelly, Agholor is a goddamn bust, and what's the worse that could happen? Might as well take a chance 'cause this season can't get much worse. Only thing worse is being bad and having a top 5 pick in the 1st round go to someone else.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA