Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    WOW. Can't put a price and a franchise QB. I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe I'll go to the draft party then run across the street for the show. What time do they take the stage?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin said:

WOW. Can't put a price and a franchise QB. I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe I'll go to the draft party then run across the street for the show. What time do they take the stage?

they are going to cancel the show 48 hours beforehand because the minimum wage in philly isn't $15 per hour
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811

Goff is the pick, why you are hoping for the Lambs to pick the AA kid.

Because the Eagles are doing this strictly because they're convinced the Rams are taking Goff and Wentz will be there, albeit due to Doug Pederson's slurp job for the fucking ginger out of 1-AA. So I hope it all blows up in their goddamn faces. But I don't need to hope for that because it already has happened.
    ^^
    :rofl:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    what are the qualifications of this midget Roseman? Ivy Leaguer? someone's son-in-law?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    why did we sign Bradford to a multi year deal if they are gonna draft a QB?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    It's only two years, right? Back in the day, rookies NEVER started.....and that approach seems better to me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

They can easily get out of it after this year but I doubt he's on the team come September now.

This Wentz kid better be Joe Montana or were pretty much fucked for the foreseeable future.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

They can easily get out of it after this year but I doubt he's on the team come September now.

This Wentz kid better be Joe Montana or were pretty much fucked for the foreseeable future.

Joe Montana went to ND, as in Notre Dame, not North Dakota
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,520
    Didn't the Eagles move up to get to #8 in the 1st place? Then give up a bounty for a QB who might not be there?

These are 2 very different style QB's....what a gamble considering the guy u are set on might not be there.

Lotta pundits think this is a deep defensive draft & QB & WR are the 2 weakest positions.

I think RB Elliot woulda been the right move if he fell to #8..... Then if Bradford didn't pan out this year you could draft a QB next year, why give Bradford big bux then?
  • Options

Umm...good one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

Umm...good one.
    Made myself laugh, so that's all that counts.
  • Options

Umm...good one.
    Made myself laugh, so that's all that counts.
    You're a regular Carrot Top, Cliff
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You sign Bradford because you can't predict the future.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    JK_Livin said:

You sign Bradford because you can't predict the future.

Right - if anything the timing wasn't all that well. Traded up to 8 around the same time they got Daniel and then extended Bradford. Probably didn't think they even had a shot of getting the #2 pick before all that. So, now, here we are, with an expected $40M tied up in the QB position.
  • Options
    Carson "Wintz"
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    can we let the guy actually get on the field before we start ripping him? jeez. same people who probably wanted Ricky Williams over Donovan McNabb are probably doing the complaining already.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I feel like people are talking themselves into liking this because of the "you need a franchise qb to win a sb and if you think this is a franchise qb you gotta pull the trigger yada yada yada" argument...While that makes sense on the surface, I just can't get past the fact that he didn't play at a division one level and most people never heard of him up until around 6 months ago. If this was someone of Andrew Luck's pedigree they were moving up for, I'd be all for it. I just think it's a humongous gamble for a kid who played against nobody who will make to the NFL. At least that 2nd rounder is in 2018 and not next year.

And as unpopular as it was, I was totally for the McNabb pick back in the day. But this is quite a different scenario, obviously.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Prior to yesterday, I liked their offseason -- except for re-signing bradford, who I have never liked. Mainly because he sucks. I'm reserving judgement on things until after the draft. A lot can still happen between now and then (my fingers are crossed that a bradford trade is coming -- there's no point in keeping him). If they can get draft picks for Sanchez and Barkley, they will be able to get something for a lame duck Bradford.

As much college football as I watch, I can't say I've seen many ND St games over the years. When ND State defeated Towson in the championship a few years ago, Wentz wasn't the starter for ND St.

I do like Goff quite a bit. I think he will be a solid starter for the next decade plus. If they get him I will love this deal (probably a pipe dream). My reservations with this recent trade...

1) Todd McShay likes Wentz. McShay is a steaming turd pile, who is often incorrect in his player evaluations.

2) These big trades into the top five of the draft rarely work out for the team giving up draft picks. Who was the last team to benefit from a trade of this magnitude? The Giants trade for Eli Manning is the closest thing I can come up with, but they didn't give up anything close to what the Eagles or Rams just gave up.

All things considered, I have mixed emotions about all of this. I lean towards not liking the deal, but I'm waiting (and hoping) there are some aftershock moves coming to supplement their draft options in the next few drafts. As for Wentz, who knows if he will pan out. Best case is a Joe Flacco-type I guess (not comparing the two QB in ability, just their backgrounds of coming from FCS schools -- and I know that Flacco started at Pitt before going to Delaware).

I'm still on the fence, but because of all of the positive moves they have made since they fired Loser Chip, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. That is all subject to change based on what they do in the next week or two surrounding the draft.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited April 2016
    I'm sure both QB's are excited that they know they have avoided QB hell in Cleveland.

Has a D2 QB ever started in the NFL before? (never mind ... Mr Flacco)
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I'm sure both QB's are excited that they know they have avoided QB hell in Cleveland.

Has a D2 QB ever started in the NFL before?

it's not D2, it's FCS or 1-AA

many of them have. Flacco, Rich Gannon, Jason Garrett, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Steve McNair, Kurt Warner, etc...
  • Options

I feel like people are talking themselves into liking this because of the "you need a franchise qb to win a sb and if you think this is a franchise qb you gotta pull the trigger yada yada yada" argument...While that makes sense on the surface, I just can't get past the fact that he didn't play at a division one level and most people never heard of him up until around 6 months ago. If this was someone of Andrew Luck's pedigree they were moving up for, I'd be all for it. I just think it's a humongous gamble for a kid who played against nobody who will make to the NFL. At least that 2nd rounder is in 2018 and not next year.

And as unpopular as it was, I was totally for the McNabb pick back in the day. But this is quite a different scenario, obviously.

plenty of good QBs out of smaller schools. Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco won Super Bowls. Warner is probably a Hall of Famer. the guy may suck but to write him off because he played at a lower level is stupid in my opinion. complain they gave up too much sure, but already writing the guy off i don't get.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    pjhawks said:

plenty of good QBs out of smaller schools. Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco won Super Bowls. Warner is probably a Hall of Famer. the guy may suck but to write him off because he played at a lower level is stupid in my opinion. complain they gave up too much sure, but already writing the guy off i don't get.
    A--Your definition of "plenty" must differ from the actual definition of the word because there have only been a handful of good qb's to come out of a non division 1 schools. Like under 10 in the history of the game.

B--Nobody is writing him off. I'm offering my opinion that it's a ton to give up, given what I mentioned under "A."

C--They didn't give up this much for merely a "good" quarterback. They did it for a franchise QB.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

A--Your definition of "plenty" must differ from the actual definition of the word because there have only been a handful of good qb's to come out of a non division 1 schools. Like under 10 in the history of the game.

B--Nobody is writing him off. I'm offering my opinion that it's a ton to give up, given what I mentioned under "A."

C--They didn't give up this much for merely a "good" quarterback. They did it for a franchise QB.
    9 Super Bowls won by QBs whose schools were non D1 at the time (Bradshaw, Simms, Flacco, Warner, Doug Williams) and 8 Super Bowl losing QBs who played at non-D1 schools. so 16% of Super Bowl winners and 17% of Super Bowl participants. I'd say that's a good amount that clearly shows it's possible and no reason to write a guy off because he didn't play D1.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

9 Super Bowls won by QBs whose schools were non D1 at the time (Bradshaw, Simms, Flacco, Warner, Doug Williams) and 8 Super Bowl losing QBs who played at non-D1 schools. so 16% of Super Bowl winners and 17% of Super Bowl participants. I'd say that's a good amount that clearly shows it's possible and no reason to write a guy off because he didn't play D1.
    Professional football has been played for what, 80 some years? So there's been hundreds and hundreds of qb's in this league and you've come up with a handful of good one's who did not play at a division 1 level. And no team gave up nearly as much as the Eagles did for any of them.

I'm not writing the kid off. All I am saying is its a ton of picks to give up for a kid who has never played against good competition. There's only been a handful of good non division one qb's to ever play in this league and this kid needs to be great to justify the trade. You give up that much and take him at 2, he must be a franchise quarterback. Ton of pressure on him. Basically I'm saying I don't like the odds that this will work out the way we'd like. Plus I think Fixer pointed out that the history of teams trading up for a QB has not worked out too often--now you couple that with the added risk of a more unproven kid from a FCS school.

The other thing that has me concerned is up until like a month or two ago this was not considered a great QB draft but here we are giving up a ton of picks to take one. Hope it works out but my confidence level in it, and in this franchise in general is very low right now.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Professional football has been played for what, 80 some years? So there's been hundreds and hundreds of qb's in this league and you've come up with a handful of good one's who did not play at a division 1 level. And no team gave up nearly as much as the Eagles did for any of them.

I'm not writing the kid off. All I am saying is its a ton of picks to give up for a kid who has never played against good competition. There's only been a handful of good non division one qb's to ever play in this league and this kid needs to be great to justify the trade. You give up that much and take him at 2, he must be a franchise quarterback. Ton of pressure on him. Basically I'm saying I don't like the odds that this will work out the way we'd like. Plus I think Fixer pointed out that the history of teams trading up for a QB has not worked out too often--now you couple that with the added risk of a more unproven kid from a FCS school.

The other thing that has me concerned is up until like a month or two ago this was not considered a great QB draft but here we are giving up a ton of picks to take one. Hope it works out but my confidence level in it, and in this franchise in general is very low right now.

little gun shy these days since the coach who you thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread flamed out so dramatically (as some of us predicted)? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

little gun shy these days since the coach who you thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread flamed out so dramatically (as some of us predicted)? :smiley:
    "Greatest thing since sliced bread?" All or nothing with you, huh? Never said anything of the kind. He had a couple decent years and one bad one. Portray it how you like, but that's the bottom line.

And as I said before, I'd be all for this trade if it was for a guy with Luck's pedigree. So not gun shy, just not a fan of the risk in this case.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

"Greatest thing since sliced bread?" All or nothing with you, huh? Never said anything of the kind. He had a couple decent years and one bad one. Portray it how you like, but that's the bottom line.

And as I said before, I'd be all for this trade if it was for a guy with Luck's pedigree. So not gun shy, just not a fan of the risk in this case.

but that's the point I made above, you have no idea what this guys pedigree is other than he didn't play at Stanford. everything else he seems to hit the meters.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i think a franchise QB is always worth the risk. i think often times media and fans far over value NFL draft picks. Get me a stud QB i'll find guys to play next to him.
    Totally agree on franchise QB being worth the risk, as I said I'd be all for it for someone of Luck's pedigree. This is what I mean by people talking themselves into liking this trade because of the "franchise QB is worth it" argument. The next question asked should be if you think Wentz is going to be that franchise QB. Because of the things I mentioned earlier, I have serious doubts.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nothing?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

nothing?

Sam Bradford is a little bitch and just goes to show you why he is a losing NFL QB. Shut up Sam grow some balls and toughness and compete and kick ass. no he'd rather whine and sulk. If the Eagles don't trade him he has turned this fan base off now. good luck to him.