Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Fucking coward.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

nothing?

Sam Bradford is a little bitch and just goes to show you why he is a losing NFL QB. Shut up Sam grow some balls and toughness and compete and kick ass. no he'd rather whine and sulk. If the Eagles don't trade him he has turned this fan base off now. good luck to him.
    That's more like it! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561
    pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

nothing?

Sam Bradford is a little bitch and just goes to show you why he is a losing NFL QB. Shut up Sam grow some balls and toughness and compete and kick ass. no he'd rather whine and sulk. If the Eagles don't trade him he has turned this fan base off now. good luck to him.
    Yeah, what the hell is he bitching about, when he's got what? a $22 MIL guarantee?(something like that, right?)
  • Options
    Do you think I could make it from the Eagles draft party, after they pick to my seat before the show starts?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    draft party = overly obsessed :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    JK_Livin said:

Do you think I could make it from the Eagles draft party, after they pick to my seat before the show starts?

I could see that. Probably earliest they go on is 8:20-ish? Wentz gets picked at about 8:10/8:15? It's close.

And you're not wrong, Wob.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2016
    The NFL draft was so much better on Sat/Sun. Goodell fucks up everything. Worst commissioner in sports history. Even Isaiah Thomas was better

The NFL sucks
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited April 2016
    Tonight's the night, eh? The Birds' future is determined. For the record, I'm not writing Wentz off. I just have a lot of doubts about him but I'm obviously gonna root like hell for him and hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Heard the Broncos are in on Bradford. The Birds just look like such a screwed up organization right now. But if they can somehow somehow squeeze a 2nd rounder out of them, it'd be pretty fucking incredible.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384

Heard the Broncos are in on Bradford. The Birds just look like such a screwed up organization right now. But if they can somehow somehow squeeze a 2nd rounder out of them, it'd be pretty fucking incredible.

Not so much...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15419255/denver-broncos-leave-trade-talks-sam-bradford-philadelphia-eagles
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Not so much...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15419255/denver-broncos-leave-trade-talks-sam-bradford-philadelphia-eagles
    You know how stories like these go though. Conflicting reports left and right. Wouldn't surprise me to see them try to make a move for either Kap or Bradford over the next day or two.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I read that if he's dealt prior to 6/1 all $11mil hit this year. After 6/1 its 5.5 this year and 5.5 next year
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    But wouldn't the 5.5 of it then hit the cap next year then? I understand this year it'd be 11 in dead money but a savings on the cap since, obviously, there wouldn't be anything to pay next season. If that's the case, I'd rather have the sunk cost this year than letting it affect future contract dollars.
  • Options
    We made it in time for the beginning of the show. Anyone get an extra "L" shirt last night?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    In philly and love yur city but Elliott runnin behind our o-line is gonna be nice. Lol
  • Options
    rssesq said:

In philly and love yur city but Elliott runnin behind our o-line is gonna be nice. Lol

taking a RB in the first round is always a great idea. especially when the best player in the draft goes the pick AFTER you make a dumb move like that. hahahahaha
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The Fixer said:

rssesq said:

taking a RB in the first round is always a great idea. especially when the best player in the draft goes the pick AFTER you make a dumb move like that. hahahahaha
    Probably less dumb than taking a division 2 QB with the number 2 pick ... And how does anyone know if Ramsey is the best player in the draft...Gruden wasn't so convinced about Ramsey ... And he had what 3 picks in his college career...plus I've read some analyst believe he'll eventually be a safety. Then the other factor is Dallas took a corner in the first round last year who is likely going to be a safety. From my perspective as a a Dallas fan ... I do not believe Jones and company have the know how to fix said defence so they might as well roll with Elliot and try to replicate 2014...or at least that what it looks like they would like to do.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

The Fixer said:

rssesq said:

Probably less dumb than taking a division 2 QB with the number 2 pick ... And how does anyone know if Ramsey is the best player in the draft...Gruden wasn't so convinced about Ramsey ... And he had what 3 picks in his college career...plus I've read some analyst believe he'll eventually be a safety. Then the other factor is Dallas took a corner in the first round last year who is likely going to be a safety. From my perspective as a a Dallas fan ... I do not believe Jones and company have the know how to fix said defence so they might as well roll with Elliot and try to replicate 2014...or at least that what it looks like they would like to do.
    Wentz didn't play D-2

Who cares what Gruden says? Look at his draft track record -- it's horrid. His best picks (outside of woodson, who was a top 5 layup selection) were a punter and a kicker.

Who was the last RB taken in the top 5 who panned out? Good luck with that. It's a stupid pick.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    worry about runnin DeMarco north and south will ya? lmao
  • Options
  • Options
    Eagles fans booing Wentz at the airport. Classy.

Eagle fans really are the worst.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    The Fixer said:

they weren't fans they were professional autograph hounds who got pissed because he wouldn't sign. those autograph hounds are as big of scumbags as paparazzi photographers. they seriously need to get a life.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

they weren't fans they were professional autograph hounds who got pissed because he wouldn't sign. those autograph hounds are as big of scumbags as paparazzi photographers. they seriously need to get a life.
    losers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    rssesq said:

Zek is going to be a monster behind that line...
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Who the hell knows? Obviously it all hinges on the qb

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/5/1/11548642/nfl-draft-grades-2016-grading-philadelphia-eagles-draft-picks-carson-wentz-jalen-mills

NFL Draft Grades 2016: Grading the Philadelphia Eagles Draft Picks

1st (2) - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State - [READ MORE]
    3rd (79) - Isaac Seumalo, OL, Oregon State - [READ MORE]
    5th (153) - Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia - [READ MORE]
    5th (164) - Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OL, TCU - [READ MORE]
    6th (196) - Blake Countess, DB, Auburn - [READ MORE]
    7th (233) - Jalen Mills, S, LSU - [READ MORE]
    7th (240) - Alex McCalister, DE, Florida - [READ MORE]
    7th (251) - Joe Walker, LB, Oregon - [READ MORE]

Sports Illustrated - B
    "The Eagles traded a king's ransom to move up and select Carson Wentz as the future of their franchise. It's a good pick in that Wentz is the most pro-ready of all the elite quarterbacks in this class, but with so much money already tied up in Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel, Howie Roseman will be filling a lot of holes with lesser picks for a while. Philly's strategy after Wentz in this draft was... interesting. Oregon State interior lineman Isaac Seumalo could be a guard or center at the next level. West Virginia running back Wendell Smallwood is a decent player with pass-blocking ability. TCU offensive tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai is a powerful player with limited athleticism who will probably have to kick inside to guard. The steals came in the later rounds: sixth-round cornerback Blake Countess is an efficient and underrated defender, and LSU cornerback/safety Jalen Mills should have gone a lot higher than the seventh round. It was most likely Mills’s injury history that scared teams off.​"

CBS Sports (Rang) - B
    "Kudos to the Eagles for the aggressive trade up to land Carson Wentz, who possesses the athletic tools to succeed in Doug Pederson's offense as well as the intangibles needed to handle the pressure of Philadelphia. Like many, I was skeptical of Wentz's production against FCS competition until watching him in person at the Senior Bowl. Durability was an issue for Wentz at NDSU as it was for the Eagles' next pick, blocker Isaac Seumalo. Like Wentz, however, the talent with Seumalo is obvious, with his best fit in the NFL inside at guard rather than left tackle as he was asked to play, at times, for the Beavers. Of the Eagles' six Day 3 selections, I'm highest on former LSU defensive back Jalen Mills and TCU offensive lineman Halapoulivaati Vaitai. Running back Wendell Smallwood could also surprise."

CBS Sports (Prisco) - B-
    "Their entire draft will be defined by what Wentz becomes. If he's a star, it's a great draft. If not, it's a bad one. They love him. I don't. So time will tell. I do like the aggressive approach to make the move to get him."

SB Nation - C+
    "As expected, the Eagles took Wentz with the second overall pick. If he pays off, the Eagles have a franchise quarterback. If he doesn't, it's the type of pick that guts the roster because of what Philadelphia gave up to get him. Isaac Suemalo isn't a sexy choice in the third round, but don't be surprised if he becomes a dependable starter for years, whether it's at guard or center. Wendell Smallwood is an elusive back who will make defenders miss. He'll be a solid third-down player for the Eagles and may work on special teams. In the sixth round, the Eagles added an experienced dime corner in Blake Countess. The Eagles followed that up with a nice pick in Jalen Mills, an experienced defensive back who can play safety and cornerback."

NFL.com - C+
    "The Eagles are gambling big (gave up CB Byron Maxwell, LB Kiko Alonso, 2017 first-round pick, two top-100 picks this year, 2018 second-rounder) on the ability of Carson Wentz to become a legitimate top-tier starter. We'll see. Howie Roseman had just one pick in the third round after the trade for Wentz. Seumalo is an athletic guard prospect who should play well for them. I like Smallwood as a complement to Ryan Mathews, and Countess was a solid pick for depth in the secondary. Countess, Mills, and McCalister will make a difference."

Rotoworld - C
    "Eagles GM Howie Roseman made a YOLO aggressive pre-draft move to land Wentz, sending Cleveland third- (77) and fourth-round picks (100), Philly's 2017 first-rounder, and its 2018 second-round pick in exchange for just a six-spot jump in round one. That left the Eagles with two selections inside the top 150, and prevented Roseman from acquiring a starting-caliber cornerback, which was very much needed. Seumalo could get an early look for snaps at left guard, while fifth-round sleeper Smallwood combines 4.47 speed with an above-average running back build (5'11/208). Vaitai, McCalister, and Walker are day-three long shots. Countess is a 184-pound slot corner, while Mills is a 'tweener safety/corner. Like the Rams, the Eagles' draft is tough to grade because the results are so heavily tied to Wentz's development. This could be a franchise-changing draft, or it could be a killer."

ESPN In$ider (Mel Kiper) - C
    "It's hard to give the Eagles an above-average grade just based on the draft value they gave away to get up to No. 2, where they are drafting a player I really like in Carson Wentz, but a real mystery in terms of when he'll be ready to handle the starting job in an NFL offense. The problem is, even though I like Wentz, I wasn't a fan of the value elsewhere on the board as well. I hadIsaac Seumalo as a reach in the third, and I had a number of other running backs ahead of Wendell Smallwood when he came off the board in Round 5. I think they were smart to target the O-line a couple of times, includingHalapoulivaati Vaitai in the fifth, but I'm surprised they didn't add a wide receiver at any point, or a cornerback earlier than Jalen Mills in Round 7, though he could be a good value. Hey, they got the QB they wanted, so the grade going forward is all wrapped in him, but they definitely paid for it."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Grading drafts is almost as accurate as mock drafts.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Grading drafts is almost as accurate as mock drafts.

espnization of everything. terrible.

Smallwood blows. I do like the kids they took from LSU and Florida late.

No one is gonna remember anything from this draft other than wentz.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

doesn't happen in other cities. I'd bet money those guys were from NE Philly/lower bucks.
  • Options
    I like cayleb jones and byron marshall a lot. nice signings. marshall played RB and WR at oregon -- he can play
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The Eagles invited a championship caliber coach in to speak with the team this week.

BANG
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Who is he?