Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

So...I went to high school with the Eagles' new QB coach. We're Facebook "friends." Lol

His dad was Nova's old athletic director back in the 90's.

Who is it? Not sure if I'm buying the explanation for the Chiefs final drive. Betters odds of getting a 3 & out or onsides kick?
    John DeFilippo. Not the best track record but I think he's got more coaching experience than Pederson.

Kind of sounds like a convenient excuse to me. I can't ever remember a team purposely wasting time in a 2 minute drill like that with their season on the line. You could see Smith motioning to the sidelines for them to hurry up a couple times too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    When you're losing by 2 scores, you extend the game by any means possible. Losing by one score I could understand that strategy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    JK_Livin said:

So...I went to high school with the Eagles' new QB coach. We're Facebook "friends." Lol

Who is it? Not sure if I'm buying the explanation for the Chiefs final drive. Betters odds of getting a 3 & out or onsides kick?
    Lurie should have admitted his mistake and fired him at the press conference yesterday after Pederson made the statement about not wanting to give Brady the ball back when down 14.

"Lets bleed the clock dry so we only lose by 7, go team!"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,301
    good to see you guys still care about press conferences
  • Options
    Poncier said:

JK_Livin said:

Lurie should have admitted his mistake and fired him at the press conference yesterday after Pederson made the statement about not wanting to give Brady the ball back when down 14.

"Lets bleed the clock dry so we only lose by 7, go team!"
    Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Frank Reich
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

good to see you guys still care about press conferences

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/20/10793776/chip-kelly-press-conference-49ers-vs-media

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    "You know you can't control your own destiny? Destiny is a predetermined set of events, therefore if it's predetermined, you can't control it."
    :rofl:
    That is funny stuff. I despise the 'X Team controls their own destiny" line.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Eagles are dumb if they give bradford a contract. Which seems inevitable
  • Options
    Ertz signs 5yr deal.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Love these signing by Howie. That's what he's good at. Trying to clean up some messes from the past couple years. Get Curry and Cox done.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Good bye until after 12. Trying to get friday tix.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    How depressing is it reading about all this super bowl 50 nostalgia and not seeing anything related to the Eagles?

One of these days...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

How depressing is it reading about all this super bowl 50 nostalgia and not seeing anything related to the Eagles?

One of these days...

On the contrary, all the Giants and Eli manning content has been glorious, even ranking Eli as the 8th (?) best super bowl player ever.
  • Options

One of these days...

On the contrary, all the Giants and Eli manning content has been glorious, even ranking Eli as the 8th (?) best super bowl player ever.
    Only means this parade, whenever down the road it takes place, will be unlike anyone's ever seen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

One of these days...

Only means this parade, whenever down the road it takes place, will be unlike anyone's ever seen.
    Don't want to even think about that
  • Options

One of these days...

Hopefully it takes a detour and goes right by your house.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

One of these days...

Since this likely won't happen for at least another decade, I will probably be a suburbanite at that point. Otherwise I will be going on a very long vacation.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

One of these days...

Since this likely won't happen for at least another decade, I will probably be a suburbanite at that point. Otherwise I will be going on a very long vacation.
    it would only be right for any eagles parade to take place in NE philly. not that we have to worry about this happening anytime soon
  • Options
    awesome.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/adam-caplan-gives-the-saddest-description-of-the-eagles-front-office.html

Adam Caplan Gives the Saddest Description of the Eagles’ Front Office

Kyle Scott - February 5, 2016

NFL Insider Adam Caplan, whose voice just does not match his face, was on with Joe “The Lurker” DeCamara for his weekly pow-wow on 97.5 The Fanatic last night and explained how laughable and sad the Eagles’ current front office situation is:

Adam Caplan: “When he made the decision to fire the head coach and the VP of football operations, he didn’t think ‘Okay if I do this, who is gonna be Ed Marynowitz’s replacement?’ He didn’t have anyone in mind, clearly, because they didn’t bring anyone in. Not only are they not hiring anyone … teams don’t let people out before the draft because they don’t want them to give information to another team …”

Joe DeCamara: “What is in between Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman?”

AC: “Nobody. There’s no one else left.”

JD: “Who has the second most power behind Roseman, and besides Doug Pederson?”

AC: “Tom Donahoe I guess… there’s no one else left. This is the only NFL team in recent history that doesn’t have a general manager, a VP of football operations, and a college scouting director. Their front office is in turmoil as far as I’m concerned. You can’t go forward – and you’re gonna have to because they made this decision and there’s nothing they can do about it right now – … after the draft, I don’t care whatever is on their mind, the number one thing is to fix this front office … Jeffrey and Roseman have a lot of work to do to fix the football operations.”

Good thing they got a jump on things by firing the head coach a week (year?) early.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don't see the problem here!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I don't see the problem here!

everything's great!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Sounds bad. Dude is a piece of shit. Wonder how this will be treated given they were off duty. Assume it will be normal charges but they will go after them hard.
  • Options

pjhawks said:
    Sounds bad. Dude is a piece of shit. Wonder how this will be treated given they were off duty. Assume it will be normal charges but they will go after them hard.
    yes he is. got to think assault charges at the very least just due to the injuries. and if the off duty cops are white i can almost guarantee McCoy tries to make it about race.
  • Options
    Bye Coop!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Eagles offseason plan:

1. Put the GM who got fired back in charge

2. Hire the head coach no one else wanted

3. Acquire the NFL's worst starting quarterback

GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Eagles offseason plan:

GO BIRDS.

wait, what? wasn't it just 3 shorts years ago you killed me for calling Foles an average NFL QB?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279

pjhawks said:
    sounds shady to me image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    pjhawks said:

Eagles offseason plan:

GO BIRDS.

wait, what? wasn't it just 3 shorts years ago you killed me for calling Foles an average NFL QB?
    Turns out he's worse. My stance on Foles was that he played very well in Chip's system in '13 but we needed more time to see what he actually was...then he got hurt in '14 and was absolutely dreadful last year with the Rams. At this point I think we know what he is now.

I have little faith in this franchise at this point.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg