******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

I'm not a big Lovie fan. McDaniels is a little puzzling but the Belichick coaching tree is not too strong. That could be a hinderance to him.

I just like that Lovie is defensive minded for the Giants, that he has been successful as a head coach and players love him. I hear you on McDaniels and he seems like a cocky prick, but the fact that he had a job and hopefully learned from it would help.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited January 2016

I'm not a big Lovie fan. McDaniels is a little puzzling but the Belichick coaching tree is not too strong. That could be a hinderance to him.

I just like that Lovie is defensive minded for the Giants, that he has been successful as a head coach and players love him. I hear you on McDaniels and he seems like a cocky prick, but the fact that he had a job and hopefully learned from it would help.
    I don't think there's anything special about Lovie Smith. Yeah maybe his players love him but he's just meh to me. Other than a handful of decent seasons, his teams have been largely mediocre and have under-performed for over a decade now.

...although I'd take him over Mike Smith.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Eagles have turned their attention to coughlin....oh boy
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Roseman GM/Coach
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Stab me with a spoon
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Stab me with a spoon
    Likewise, though at least I'll get a good laugh out of it...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2016

Really don't understand this one. Dude is fucking 70 years old.

Eagles are a complete dumpster fire

Go Chiefs! Hopefully they beat the Pats and the Eagles talk to McDaniels before they make a rash decision and hire Old Balls
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Just read that TC was the oldest coach to ever win a SB at 65. hahahahahaha
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The Fixer said:

Go Chiefs! Hopefully they beat the Pats and the Eagles talk to McDaniels before they make a rash decision and hire Old Balls
    I think the Chiefs DL could reek havoc on Brady and the Pats OL
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    And just like that it's over. Coughlin has removed his name...
    Per Schefter, TC has withdrawn his name from Eagles consideration
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

This is just embarrassing at this point.
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

I think the Chiefs DL could reek havoc on Brady and the Pats OL
    yeah, wouldn't surprise me if all of the underdogs win outright this weekend. Just aren't any great teams in the NFL this year...which makes it even funnier at how badly the chipster failed
    Post edited by The Fixer on

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Not really. I think that's good news.

pederson surely wouldn't be my first choice, but I think he's the best of the candidates that have been mentioned.

JK_Livin said:

wonder if that means they have told shurmur he's staying as OC. which means bradford will get overpaid to stay.

haha, you have to just laugh at this point. what a mess. this team is fucked
    they might want duce to be oc too...
    www.myspace.com
    ugh ederson
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2016
    Chipper to San Fran and reunited with his boy Tommy Gamble. Lurie never should've let Roseman fire him before getting demoted last year. Roseman should've been the one let go.

Knew he would stay in NFL. Horrible team out there though.

What a mess.
    www.myspace.com
  • I posted here repeatedly how I wanted Chip to be fired and end up with my favorite college team, USC. Instead he is fired and ends up with my favorite NFL team, 49ers.
    You all can laugh at us now -- as much as I think he was better for the NCAA I do think (and did share) that the Eagles pulled the plug too early. Now I will get to eat my words if he continues to ruin my team. [At this point they cannot get any worse really. Guessing this means they keep Krapernick? FML]
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Sources say Coughlin could have had Eagles job, but withdrew because the core of his staff is under contract to NYG and staying with McAdoo
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Sources say Coughlin could have had Eagles job, but withdrew because the core of his staff is under contract to NYG and staying with McAdoo

I read that he was concerned about the coaching staff that he would be inheriting in philly. apparently duce staley has been given the OC job.

haha, this keeps getting better
    No coincidence that Chip ended up in SF. Just sayin

I posted here repeatedly how I wanted Chip to be fired and end up with my favorite college team, USC. Instead he is fired and ends up with my favorite NFL team, 49ers.
    You all can laugh at us now -- as much as I think he was better for the NCAA I do think (and did share) that the Eagles pulled the plug too early. Now I will get to eat my words if he continues to ruin my team. [At this point they cannot get any worse really. Guessing this means they keep Krapernick? FML]

What a wacky turn of events, eh? I thought of you when I first heard the news today.

Just perusing the Niners roster right now.....yeesh. Good luck Chip!
    www.myspace.com
    Oh my God. It's Doug Pederson
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2016
    So it looks like Howie Roseman will also be selecting Doug Pederson's coaching staff for him?

www.myspace.com
    Uninspiring to say the least. A little different than the Reid hire. We have a history with Doug here as a coach and player and neither were good stints. Hope it works out. The thing that makes this look bad is that it makes it seem like Andy is still operating in our FO and that our FO appears to not have a clue.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The Fixer said:

You mean he is an asshole and the owner/GM in SF are assholes too? :bawling:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

The Fixer said:

You mean he is an asshole and the owner/GM in SF are assholes too? :bawling:
    Chip is gay...SF has highest LGBT population in the country. Nothing wrong with that...he just tries so hard to hide it and it's blatantly obvious.

Chip landed his dream job