Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Did they sign Foles? fwiw, I don't think he was the worst starting QB last year. Bad, but not the worst.
    (Just went and looked at the stats...and they are frigging horrid. You are right he was one of the worst. Peyton Manning was neck and neck with him and Crapernick was in the conversation too.)

They should go Chiefs route and look for a decent QB and keep building out the D.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I like the Jenkins signing.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,529
    I feel like they should hire a director of college scouting prior to me sending in my season ticket money.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I feel like they should hire a director of college scouting prior to me sending in my season ticket money.

yeah, gotta make sure no one steals those amazing seats you have. haha
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2016

Did they sign Foles? fwiw, I don't think he was the worst starting QB last year. Bad, but not the worst.
    (Just went and looked at the stats...and they are frigging horrid. You are right he was one of the worst. Peyton Manning was neck and neck with him and Crapernick was in the conversation too.)

They should go Chiefs route and look for a decent QB and keep building out the D.

go the chiefs route and sign chase daniel. he's not close to the long term answer, but I think he's perfect to implement pedersons' system. and if they lose games it's not the end of the world. I don't want any part of bradford...he sucks and he's way too expensive. this team isn't winning anything for a while. rather see them build something than overspend for turds.

problem is kelly killed their roster. drafting losers like agholor and marcus smith have set this team back for years. hope they take their time and fix it the right way.

all of the philly teams are in the same situation. they all suck and I hope they all take the right path towards competitiveness. I don't love the phillies front office, but they've have a good offseason. I hope the eagles follow suit.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

yeah, gotta make sure no one steals those amazing seats you have. haha
    Ha. Says the guy who had Phils tix way out in left field. Always thought that was weird for a supposed "seat snob."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    Bradford signs for $36 million, 2 years.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I have a little more faith in Howie after this deal. Eagles made out well here

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/03/02/sam-bradford-philadelphia-eagles-contract/#more-3080752
    Eagles Wake-Up Call: Bradford Deal Buys Time

Plus, the two numbers that matter most when evaluating the contract the Eagles gave their quarterback.

By Josh Paunil | March 2, 2016 at 6:00 am
    25 Comments
    Sam Bradford. (Jeff Fusco)

Sam Bradford. (Jeff Fusco)

One year, and $22 million.

That’s the investment the Eagles made to find out if Sam Bradford is their franchise quarterback for the future, and it’s a smart investment to make. You’ll hear a lot of numbers about Bradford’s contract — two years, $36 million total, $26 million “guaranteed” — but the way Howie Roseman and the Eagles negotiated the deal, the true investment is far less than that.

If the Bradford decision backfires, the Eagles can cut the quarterback loose in 2017, having only paid him $22 million. The reported $26 million "guaranteed" isn't fully due at signing, with $4 million of that through a roster bonus due next March, per Andrew Brandt.

Although the Eagles would save $14 million in cap money if they cut him in 2017 (per Over the Cap), they would take a $9.5 million cap hit that year. While Bradford clearly didn't come back on the cheapest deal possible, the contract does appear to be a good compromise between both sides with the aforementioned team-friendly elements — plus a couple more.

Had this agreement not been reached, it would've been very unlikely for the Eagles to find a better quarterback to start next season. Plus, with this contract, Philadelphia can still be somewhat of a player in free agency, while still getting a deal done with Fletcher Cox.
    Trending: Eagles Sign Sam Bradford To Two-Year Deal

That's because Bradford's 2016 cap hit is only $12.5 million, which ranks 22nd among NFL quarterbacks and is less than his 2015 number. The Eagles could also save $3.5 million against the 2016 cap by cutting Mark Sanchez, who ranks 28th among NFL quarterbacks in terms of 2016 cap hit.

Because Bradford's cap hit in the first year of his deal is so small, it skyrockets in the second season to $23.5 million. However, it seems unlikely the Eagles would ever pay that as they'd probably restructure the deal if they decide they want him long term.

Given the nature of Bradford's deal, it doesn't prohibit the Eagles from drafting a quarterback next month, even with the No. 13 pick. While the Eagles have holes to address along the offense that would help a potential franchise quarterback, they could still take a "project" like Memphis' Paxton Lynch, whom many consider to be at least one or two years away from starting in the NFL.

Philadelphia also has multiple third- and fifth-round picks, and could target wild cards like Ohio State's Cardale Jones or Penn State's Christian Hackenberg.

But what this contract is intended for isn't to lock up the guaranteed future face of the franchise.

Instead, it buys time — quite literally — to answer the question in the next year or two that the Eagles couldn't figure out last season: is Bradford a long-term solution and franchise quarterback? If yes, then they've found an answer at the most important position in football. If no, they've given themselves an escape route, but it's one that leads them back to where they've been the last several years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ok with it. Definitely have to draft a QB though as well as 8 OL.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    think theyll court Mario Williams? He seemed to like Schwartz's defense
  • Options
    Eagles talking to Dolphins about a Maxwell trade!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Kiko and Max to the Phins. Possibly swapping 1sts and a 3rd for a 2nd
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DeMarco Murray to The Titans?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Unreal. Not expecting much back now, just a salary dump. Overall 10mil in cap savings.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    JK_Livin said:

Unreal. Not expecting much back now, just a salary dump. Overall 10mil in cap savings.

yea hard to believe they got teams to take those dogs. can't believe teams would take Murray and Maxwell's salaries and anyone would take Alonso. Sadly Maxwell was the best of the 3 here.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Well....the Eagles are certainly NEVER boring.

Gonna take a while to process all these moves/rumors....but if the first round pick swap thing is true....WOW. That looks like highway robbery on the part of Howie there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Gonna take a while to process all these moves/rumors....but if the first round pick swap thing is true....WOW. That looks like highway robbery on the part of Howie there.

the Dolphins are fucking morons.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

When I first heard these rumors, I was expecting a 4th or 5th round pick or something.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

When I first heard these rumors, I was expecting a 4th or 5th round pick or something.
    yea never thought they would be dumb enough to swap 1st round picks. still think the Birds are going to try and end up with more picks somewhere. either way seems like Howie has had a nice off-season so far.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I like the McLeod signing too. Big hitting safety....though, with Thurmond, they had a good safety tandem last year. So good signing--but marginal improvement at that spot.

Brooks is a good signing. Draft o line early and boom--line is rebuilt just like that.

Lot of money for Chase Daniel but the Eagles have long put a premium on the backup qb, which I've always felt is a good organizational philosophy. Dallas could learn a thing or two from that.

Good start, so far, from Howie. Think it's going to be tough to have this kind of turnover a couple seasons in a row but I think they've made some good signings with some young, mid to high potential level players. It doesn't take long to reload in the NFL.

We'll see what the they do at the draft without a director of college scouting though...

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Seems like the trades and signing make sense. I like the LB from Buffalo. I just hate the amount of turnover we keep having every year. Hopefully this is it for a few years if we can draft properly. So who are we getting at 8, trading up or down, Elliott, Stanley, Hargreaves, Treadwell?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    so who's our backup now? Chase daniel? Maybe they'll draft one or get Tebow?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    RIP Kevin Turner, lost his battle with ALS image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

RIP Kevin Turner, lost his battle with ALS image

wow very sad. really liked Turner. what a horrible disease. and still relatively young.
  • Options
    Yeah such a shame. He was a fun Eagle to watch back in the 90's.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Was he the 1st signing by Lurie? Scary part is his age.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

A quick Google search will reveal that answer but I would guess no. I thought he was a Ray Rhodes pick up? Lurie came in during Kotite's last year in '94. Hmmm
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

A quick Google search will reveal that answer but I would guess no. I thought he was a Ray Rhodes pick up? Lurie came in during Kotite's last year in '94. Hmmm
    Turner came aboard after Rhodes and Watters in '95. Technically could've been within the 1st year Lurie owned the team. Not as easy a google search as you'd think.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJ is the same night as the NFL draft. I always take my kid to the Eagles draft party that night. Ugh.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer