******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm willing to give this pederson thing a chance. Definitely worried that Roseman has too much power within the organization. Will be an interesting offseason to say the least.

Wish they just kept the best coach they have ever had.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    I have no clue if Pederson is a good hire or not but it has to be a good thing that most Eagles fans are against the move seeing at how Eagles fans were so wrong by hating Reid and loving Kelly.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Uninspiring to say the least. A little different than the Reid hire. We have a history with Doug here as a coach and player and neither were good stints. Hope it works out. The thing that makes this look bad is that it makes it seem like Andy is still operating in our FO and that our FO appears to not have a clue.

The thing I find funny today is all the people comparing him to Andy in 1999. I liked the Reid hire. Including his college stints, Andy had about 17 years of experience including a super bowl ring while he was Bret Farve's QB coach. Ederson was a high school coach for a few years before being Reid's QB coach during his last 2 disastrous years here and was "offensive coordinator" (who Reid didnt let call plays) on an offense whose greatest attribute was their defense.

It very well could work out and I'm absolutely willing to give him a shot-- I do think there's more talent here than its being portrayed. But I can't help but think he's gotta be one of the least qualified coaches in the league.

And as I feared a few weeks ago, the mess that is our front office prevented them from bringing in any of the top tier candidates so they had to settle for someone who no other team even considered.

Go Birds.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    that's my biggest complaint. no one else was going to hire pederson. why not wait until the playoffs are over so they could have vetted other candidates (namely my boy mcdaniels)??

oh well, I'm going into this with an open mind. willing to give this a shot. can't be worse than chip kelly
  • The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

No coincidence that Chip ended up in SF. Just sayin

You mean he is an asshole and the owner/GM in SF are assholes too? :bawling:
    Chip is gay...SF has highest LGBT population in the country. Nothing wrong with that...he just tries so hard to hide it and it's blatantly obvious.

Chip landed his dream job
    Huh. OK, I hope he leads them to a SB or 3 and lives happily ever after. I don't care if he dresses up as a woman on the sidelines or coaches from a recliner so long as they win games and get back into the playoffs.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2016
    The Fixer said:

that's my biggest complaint. no one else was going to hire pederson. why not wait until the playoffs are over so they could have vetted other candidates (namely my boy mcdaniels)??

oh well, I'm going into this with an open mind. willing to give this a shot. can't be worse than chip kelly

I'd prefer the combo of Gamble and Kelly over Howie and Doug. Wrong guy got fired last year.

Yeah I agree. Didn't even consider McDaniels or McDermott.....I'd think Bob Sutton would the coordinator on KC's staff that should've garnered their attention. That defense of his is legit and has carried that team.

We'll see what happens.
    www.myspace.com

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

No coincidence that Chip ended up in SF. Just sayin

You mean he is an asshole and the owner/GM in SF are assholes too? :bawling:
    Chip is gay...SF has highest LGBT population in the country. Nothing wrong with that...he just tries so hard to hide it and it's blatantly obvious.

Chip landed his dream job
    Huh. OK, I hope he leads them to a SB or 3 and lives happily ever after. I don't care if he dresses up as a woman on the sidelines or coaches from a recliner so long as they win games and get back into the playoffs.
    think about it. chip has never been spotted in public with a woman. it's bizarre man

is this the look of a straight man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIzepL62RIs
    The Fixer said:

playing devil's advocate here a bit but Pederson has reportedly already begun contacting coaches to join his staff. if you wait until after the Chiefs are done (especially if they continue to win) the pool of available quality assistants could be severely weakened and we've seen what happens when you have bad coordinators around here.
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

playing devil's advocate here a bit but Pederson has reportedly already begun contacting coaches to join his staff. if you wait until after the Chiefs are done (especially if they continue to win) the pool of available quality assistants could be severely weakened and we've seen what happens when you have bad coordinators around here.
    out of respect to reid I find it hard to believe that he's going to be poaching the KC staff
    edited January 2016
    Would love these Spags reports to be true
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Why would the Giants let him out of his contract?
    edited January 2016

Because Mara ha said he would never force one of his assistants to stay if they don't want to. Plus the Eagles could also give him an additional title like "associate head coach" so it technically wouldn't be a lateral move.

I've always been a Spagnuola fan despite not having a lot of success since leaving the Giants. Think it's due more to talent. I've always felt he's the kind of guy who could have success if given another chance to be a head coach.
    www.myspace.com

Because Mara ha said he would never force one of his assistants to stay if they don't want to. Plus the Eagles could also give him an additional title like "associate head coach" so it technically wouldn't be a lateral move.

I've always been a Spagnuola fan despite not having a lot of success since leaving the Giants. Think it's due more to talent. I've always felt he's the kind of guy who could have success if given another chance to be a head coach.
    Yeah, pretty sure Mara is not talking about his defensive coordinator going to their biggest rival when he said that. Not gonna happen.
    edited January 2016

sure let's bring in the D coordinator of one of the worst defenses in the league. love the stubborness with your continuing love for Spagnuolo though. impressive.
    Post edited by pjhawks on

Yeah, pretty sure Mara is not talking about his defensive coordinator going to their biggest rival when he said that. Not gonna happen.
    Sure it could.
    Why would they want to keep him if it's true he doesn't want to stay? Doesn't sound like an ideal working environment of that's the case.
    www.myspace.com

Sure it could.
    Why would they want to keep him if it's true he doesn't want to stay? Doesn't sound like an ideal working environment of that's the case.
    Who said he doesn't want to stay? The reports said the Eagles wanted him.

Eagles called the Giants to ask permission to talk to him...denied.
    edited January 2016

Sure it could.

Not saying it's going to happen and I realize most fans probably don't want him...but you asked why and I told you. Haven't seen anything that said the Giants denied the Eagles permission

More talent on Birds D than in NY....
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Andy, are you shitting me? I was actually pulling for him and Maclin and he goes and fucks up the clock again. Good job by Pederson stepping up and helping with the clock. Spags, no thanks. Reich, no thanks. I'd take Schwartz but the FO would probably feel to threatened by having his personality there.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Sure it could.

Not saying it's going to happen and I realize most fans probably don't want him...but you asked why and I told you. Haven't seen anything that said the Giants denied the Eagles permission

Apparently gargano said that. No clue how he would know. Just saw it on Twitter.

Also, this...

Sure it could.

Apparently gargano said that. No clue how he would know. Just saw it on Twitter.

Also, this...

Gargano is friends with Spagnuola. Oh well, you can have him. Haha
    www.myspace.com

Sure it could.

Also, this...

Gargano is friends with Spagnuola. Oh well, you can have him. Haha
    ha, yeah, I don't even know if I want him. I just know I don't want the Giants losing coaches to the Eagles.
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Andy, are you shitting me? I was actually pulling for him and Maclin and he goes and fucks up the clock again. Good job by Pederson stepping up and helping with the clock. Spags, no thanks. Reich, no thanks. I'd take Schwartz but the FO would probably feel to threatened by having his personality there.

After 20 years of making the same mistakes, what did you honestly expect?

Funny thing about that game is, ideally, Doug Pederson would be my 4th choice out of the 4 coordinators involved to be the Eagles next coach.

go birds
    www.myspace.com
    Lurie is really starting to look like a joke
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

JK_Livin said:

After 20 years of making the same mistakes, what did you honestly expect?

Funny thing about that game is, ideally, Doug Pederson would be my 4th choice out of the 4 coordinators involved to be the Eagles next coach.

go birds

they were 14 down and their offense is just ok with a healthly Maclin and without they weren't going to score 28 it was going to take to beat the cheaters. their D came up small with zero sacks or turnovers. that is why the Chiefs lost not because of clock management when they were 14 down. and if a QB gets all the credit for a great 2-minute drill shouldn't Alex Smith be taking the heat for the clock management not Andy?

and if you want to talk about clock management you should be killing Bruce Arians. he came a shit load closer to costing his team a game with his lousy late clock management than Andy did. Gave Aaron Rodgers an extra 40 seconds. just awful job by Arians there.

Not enough talk about Larry Fitzgerald either. man guy is still getting it done. Love to watch him play. Carolina-Arizona should be a great game.
    Clock management issues at end of first half and second half, Hawks. He's a good coach, no doubt....but has never fixed his glaring weaknesses and gets outcoached against good teams every year. There's an almost 2 decade history of it at this point.

Larry Fitz is awesome......

Also that Rogers Hail Mary reminded of Cunningham against the Bills 25 and a half years ago with Bruch Smith barreling down on him.

Hell of a weekend of football.
    www.myspace.com
    They could've scored before the 2min warning with all 3 timeouts left. Even the KC radio announcers were questioning it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

They could've scored before the 2min warning with all 3 timeouts left. Even the KC radio announcers were questioning it.

It's no longer just an Eagles fan thing--

"Two things we knew were confirmed in the Chiefs loss to the Patriots. If you give Knile Davis enough carries you know a fumble is coming. And if you give Andy Reid the opportunity to, he'll screw up the clock.

Eagles fans warned Chiefs fans about this when Andy Reid was hired. We have seen glimpses of Reid's clock management problems but we haven't seen it on a national stage with so much at stake. That changed on Saturday afternoon in Foxboro."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/1/17/10782320/chiefs-fans-have-their-first-real-andy-reid-clock

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/1/16/10781110/andy-reid-coached-team-is-having-clock-management-problems-and-no-one
    www.myspace.com
    Looks to be Jim Schwartz for DC.

Back to the 4-3 I'd imagine.

I like this move.
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2016
    So...I went to high school with the Eagles' new QB coach. We're Facebook "friends." Lol

His dad was Nova's old athletic director back in the 90's.
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2016

So...I went to high school with the Eagles' new QB coach. We're Facebook "friends." Lol

His dad was Nova's old athletic director back in the 90's.

Edit: just saw who it is.

Who is it? Not sure if I'm buying the explanation for the Chiefs final drive. Betters odds of getting a 3 & out or onsides kick?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer