Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

My Eagle fan wife was super excited at Chip's firing.....I was super pissed. USC went an gave their job to that fool of an interim coach and they could have had Kelly. Realize I am the severe minority here but I agree with Juggs that there should have been another year for Chip. I saw it up close while he was at Oregon and I was rooting for USC...guy is really a smart guy.
    I think the team didn't buy into it and he lacks some of the people skills that could have helped him out in getting that extra job. Hell of a paycheck to run him out.
    Good luck to the next guy, it is exciting to live around here when the Eagles are good so I hope they get good again soon.

It is fun to live around here when the Phillies are good, when the Eagles are good it is borderline unbearable.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Also I think it was Fixer who called PHL the worst airport after we were kicking around that airport A-F link....you only think PHL is the worst because you have not been to many of the awful ones. PHL is far ahead of many airports in many ways....try Laguardia, JFK, LAX, Newark, Logan...those all fucking suck assholes. Horrid places that PHL is miles ahead of.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,489
    Gase to get a 2nd interview. Monday's was 8 hours apparently.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcadoo
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mcadoo

?
  • Options
    Coughlin
  • Options
    Coughlin on Monday.

Boy that would odd, huh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Coughlin on Monday.

Boy that would odd, huh?

Extremely. I can't see it happening but would be pretty hilarious. I would vomit seeing him in those god awful colors but it would be hilarious to see this city's reaction.
  • Options

Coughlin on Monday.

Boy that would odd, huh?

Extremely. I can't see it happening but would be pretty hilarious. I would vomit seeing him in those god awful colors but it would be hilarious to see this city's reaction.
    I've never hated him as much as the rest of this city seems to. Just feels like a strange hire for Lurie.

Gase to Miami. That sucks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wouldn't shock me to see them promote Shurmur at this point.

Not sure why they have no interest in Hue Jackson though....or McDermott for that matter.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,554

Coughlin on Monday.

Boy that would odd, huh?

I hope that doesn't happen. Unless, he plans on coaching until he's 80?(May take the Eagles that long before their competing for a Super Bowl).
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296

Coughlin on Monday.

Boy that would odd, huh?

I've never hated him as much as the rest of this city seems to. Just feels like a strange hire for Lurie.

Gase to Miami. That sucks.
    I've always liked Coughlin but no way do I think the Eagles should hire him now. you can't hire a new coach who is almost 70 years old.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Coughin makes absolutely no sense for the Eagles. Dude is obviously not in it for the long run, so what's the point? Do they want to do this again in a couple years? Not like he is winning a Super Bowl with the team they have

I would vomit if I saw him wearing those colors but it would be hilarious
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Coughin makes absolutely no sense for the Eagles. Dude is obviously not in it for the long run, so what's the point? Do they want to do this again in a couple years? Not like he is winning a Super Bowl with the team they have

Well I think they're not as far away as most people do but, yeah, it's kind of a head scratcher.
    Would be funny if they bring him in along with Mcadoo and groom Mcadoo to take over in a few years.

I still think Spagnola has a chance to be a good coach in his second go around. Obviously the problem with the Giants d this year was talent.

Lurie and Roseman seem to be enamored by Doug Pederson though.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Well I think they're not as far away as most people do but, yeah, it's kind of a head scratcher.
    Would be funny if they bring him in along with Mcadoo and groom Mcadoo to take over in a few years.

I still think Spagnola has a chance to be a good coach in his second go around. Obviously the problem with the Giants d this year was talent.

Ever the optimist you are.

One thing to note, Mcadoo and coughin are not terribly close and do not necessarily see eye to eye on offense, from things that were said/written this year
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

One thing to note, Mcadoo and coughin are not terribly close and do not necessarily see eye to eye on offense, from things that were said/written this year
    Not really. Just the way I see it.

I have heard that. Coughlin was upset Gilbride left right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Coughlin and Eli in Philly? Do not think it would happen but holy shit imagine the reaction!
  • Options

Not really. Just the way I see it.

I have heard that. Coughlin was upset Gilbride left right?
    He and Gilbride were boys, good friends for a long time and obviously had a pretty good run. I don't think it is a case of Coughin and McAdoo not getting along or straight up dislike each other, I just don't think they were that close and didn't necessarily agree on the offensive approach. They seemed to have a fine professional relationship though. Just don't necessarily think they are a package deal.

All these coaches both teams are interviewing are not all that appealing...
  • Options

Coughlin and Eli in Philly? Do not think it would happen but holy shit imagine the reaction!

Eli?
  • Options

Eli?
    Isn't he a free agent? (Or did they sign a new deal already?) No rumors or anything like that, just thought he was a FA and that it would be super strange to see that,
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I think TC's coaching shipped sailed during the Carolina game.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Eli?
    Isn't he a free agent? (Or did they sign a new deal already?) No rumors or anything like that, just thought he was a FA and that it would be super strange to see that,
    He signed an extenstion
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I think TC's coaching shipped sailed during the Carolina game.

I'd largely agree with this. That was not a good look.

• Options

Eli?
    He signed an extenstion
    ok, cool.
  • Options

mcadoo

This gonna happen? Remember when you said you hoped the Giants hired McAdoo...
  • Options

mcadoo

Yeah I remember that clearly....been an unispring coaching search to say the least.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mcadoo

Yeah I remember that clearly....been an unispring coaching search to say the least.
    Same on the Giants side. Really hoping for Hue Jackson at this point and I could get behind that, but don't think I want McAdoo or Marrone.
  • Options

mcadoo

Same on the Giants side. Really hoping for Hue Jackson at this point and I could get behind that, but don't think I want McAdoo or Marrone.
    I think Jackson would be a good hire. Not sure why the Eagles have no interest.

Of McAdoo, Coughlin, Ederson, and Shurmur....my preference would be Shurmur. If it's not him, I'd like to see him retained as OC.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mcadoo

I think Jackson would be a good hire. Not sure why the Eagles have no interest.

Of McAdoo, Coughlin, Ederson, and Shurmur....my preference would be Shurmur. If it's not him, I'd like to see him retained as OC.
    I also don't get why there seems to be no interest in McDaniels or Lovie Smith either.

Yeah, that is not terribly inspiring. Wonder if it drags out for you guys and they bring more in. All of those interviews are done, no?
  • Options
    I'm not a big Lovie fan. McDaniels is a little puzzling but the Belichick coaching tree is not too strong. That could be a hinderance to him.
    chinese-happy.jpg