10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited December 2015
    sure wish the eagles had a coach who could win 8 nfl games (will be 9 tomorrow) in a row.

at least the press conferences are better now

eagles fans are the fucking worst. once philly fans stop being so dumb then maybe we will win a super bowl. chip kelly was a loser in college and he is an even bigger loser in the nfl

please please please fire his ass before he gives bradford (or any other player) a big contract.

come on lurie...throw the vault at josh mcdaniels
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Stupid is wanting to fire a guy after one bad season...and then comparing him to Marion Campbell who never had a winning season in 9 years as a head coach.

Thankfully an irrational fan does not own this team.

note to fans who are blindly loyal...last season was not good.

keep defending chip kelly though. your reputation proceeds itself. it's funny

Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options

pjhawks said:

saw this on CSNPhilly.com - Reuben Frank random info and thoughts. Check out #7, #8 and #22. interesting.

http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/roobs-25-random-points-chip-kelly-philly-airport-and-more?extpar=csnph

Discount his other opinions are reading this and seeing the PHL points.

These are wrong. You can get from F to A, you just have to be able to ask someone or read signs yourself.
    Philly is actually in top half of airports...and I have been to probably 30 different airports in the US to judge that on...many of them many times over the past 20 years, most of which was spent in positions that see me fly at minimum on a monthly basis and at times on a weekly basis.
    LAX used to be my home airport and there is no monorail or underground tram...in fact, most of the terminal are not connected at all, you have to go outside and back in again if you want to change terminals.

He is a fucking asshat. I hope he knows more about sports than he does airports because he doesnt know dick-all about them.

13. Philly has the worst airport in the United States. Seriously, how can you have a major airport where it is virtually impossible for a passenger that checks a bag to get from Terminal F to Terminal A? Every other major airport in the U.S. has a monorail or an underground tram connecting the terminals. At the very least, there’s a shuttle. Some way to get around the place. Philly not only lacks an intelligent way to move people around the airport, but the signage is also pathetic, the layout is convoluted, and good luck finding your way around if you’re from out of town or unfamiliar with the place. Time to move into the 21st century, guys. 
    Also, why the hell would someone check in at F for a flight out of A? Why would anyone check in at F, period?
    even so...philly's airport (and US AIR -- RIP, but not really) are still the fucking worst
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,556
    Pretty sure you guys are going to have another starting qb. That's going to be the 1000th? Or so starting qb since Eli was named starter for the Giants in this division. Something tells me Cousins will lose his starting spot by week 3 next season
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    man the people who canonized chip two years ago in this town (and thread) have to pretty much feel foolish these days huh? what a disaster of a season. culture beats scheme but unfortunately talent beats both and this team lacks enough talent. right now this team has one elite level player (Cox), maybe one guy getting there (Lane Johnson) and everyone else is either old and on their way out (Peters), good but not great (Matthews, Ertz, Jenkins), young and to be determined (Rowe, Hicks, Agholor) or average or worse (pretty much everyone else). Where does this franchise go after this season? you almost have to bring Bradford back because your options are limited. Your weapons on offense aren't good enough (juggler do we still not miss Desean's deep threat?), your offensive line needs at least 3 new starters, your defense lacks talent the coordinator is clearly gone. this season could be the start of a long downturn here. just can't see many positives moving forward at all at this time.

the good news is the guy we ran out of town and a few in here love to take pot shots at has made the playoffs again for the 11th time in 17 years and has now moved into 7th place all time in number of games coached in the playoffs. and to think a few in this thread said chip kelly was better. funny stuff.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Here we go. The grass is always greener crew is alive and well. I don't recall ever reading in here that someone said Chip was better than Andy, besides the press conferences. Where was all the Andy love when he was 1-5? Good for him as a person but I could give 2 shits because he isn't here.

The last thing I want to do now is start over with another QB and coach. Bring both back for another year together. There is nothing available on the QB market. Billy Davis needs to go though.

The Maclin loss is worse than Desean. Then having to draft Nelson over someone else that could've helped.

Kiko makes punters and kickers look like they're great athletes. He looks so small out there. I really hope he's playing injured.

Did just about every offensive skill player drop or fumble a ball on Saturday?

Win or lose next Sunday? I'm getting tired of wanting/needing my teams to lose. Sixers, 3 years in a row now but can Hinkie eye talent for this thing to work. Phillies, wanted that 1st pick. Now the Eagles for the 2nd year in a row, do we need the 12th over the 14th pick (not sure of the exact slots)? Not enough for me to root for a loss.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,489
    edited December 2015
    JK_Livin said:

Here we go. The grass is always greener crew is alive and well. I don't recall ever reading in here that someone said Chip was better than Andy, besides the press conferences. Where was all the Andy love when he was 1-5? Good for him as a person but I could give 2 shits because he isn't here.

The last thing I want to do now is start over with another QB and coach. Bring both back for another year together. There is nothing available on the QB market. Billy Davis needs to go though.

The Maclin loss is worse than Desean. Then having to draft Nelson over someone else that could've helped.

Kiko makes punters and kickers look like they're great athletes. He looks so small out there. I really hope he's playing injured.

Win or lose next Sunday? I'm getting tired of wanting/needing my teams to lose. Sixers, 3 years in a row now but can Hinkie eye talent for this thing to work. Phillies, wanted that 1st pick. Now the Eagles for the 2nd year in a row, do we need the 12th over the 14th pick (not sure of the exact slots)? Not enough for me to root for a loss.

as i said before, he should not be fired for one bad season. that will not happen. lurie is the owner of the team, not an irrational fan.

agree with bringing bradford back. he did nothing but improve as the season went on.

and i totally agree with you on maclin being the bigger loss. they wanted him back. turns out they should have overspent to keep him.

huge off season ahead.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

JK_Livin said:

as i said before, he should not be fired for one bad season. that will not happen. lurie is the owner of the team, not an irrational fan.

agree with bringing bradford back. he did nothing but improve as the season went on.

and i totally agree with you on maclin being the bigger loss. they wanted him back. turns out they should have overspent to keep him.

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.
    Both the Eagles and Giants are looking to be not very good for a while, methinks.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.
    Both the Eagles and Giants are looking to be not very good for a while, methinks.
    So you're saying we'll be in the thick of the 2016 NFC East race? I'll take it!!!!!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.
    So you're saying we'll be in the thick of the 2016 NFC East race? I'll take it!!!!!
    Who cares about competing for a shitty division when you don't have a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. Both teams have so many holes.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.
    Who cares about competing for a shitty division when you don't have a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. Both teams have so many holes.
    Tongue in cheek my friend. Although, playoffs are always better than no playoffs.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So is Coughlin getting canned, Cliff?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.
    Tongue in cheek my friend. Although, playoffs are always better than no playoffs.
    Obviously. And I clearly didn't make it clear enough that competing for NFC east titles may be fine for the Eagles, but not for big blue
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.
    Obviously. And I clearly didn't make it clear enough that competing for NFC east titles may be fine for the Eagles, but not for big blue
    Had a feeling this year would be it for him.

Thanks for clarifying that last point, Cliff. You're right. All we want here is to win divisions and nothing else!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

Thanks for clarifying that last point, Cliff. You're right. All we want here is to win divisions and nothing else!
    Coughlin? Me too. Agreed with you at the beginning of the year.

I mean, you do have NFC East banners hanging at the Linc, no?
  • Options
    Can't win it if you're not in it. You must have hated winning the Super Bowl after a 9-7 season. You're naive if you think all we want are division titles but it does start there no matter the record.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited December 2015

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

JK_Livin said:

huge off season ahead.

Coughlin? Me too. Agreed with you at the beginning of the year.

I mean, you do have NFC East banners hanging at the Linc, no?
    Well along with their 3 NFL championships.
    You realize this is not unique, right?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Can't win it if you're not in it. You must have hated winning the Super Bowl after a 9-7 season. You're naive if you think all we want are division titles but it does start there no matter the record.

Word, though couldn't see either of these teams doing something similar.
  • Options
    Holy shit
  • Options
    Wow I am stunned!

You Chip haters got your wish!

Can't wait to hear the details
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to all!!!

Beat it loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as I predicted when he got hired. He would be a disaster and would be gone within three years. the fixer is right per usual
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    Not many NFL coaches start a month by beating Bill Belichick and end it by getting fired.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    really hope they hire josh mcdaniels.

also don't want roseman to be heavily involved with personnel decisions. would love to see gamble hired back to run the front office (he got out at the right time so you know he's smart)

but anything is better than the turd they just fired

2015 was a fantastic year, one of my best ever. getting rid of the chipster and amaro within a few months of one another is icing on the cake
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

really hope they hire josh mcdaniels.

also don't want roseman to be heavily involved with personnel decisions. would love to see gamble hired back to run the front office (he got out at the right time so you know he's smart)

but anything is better than the turd they just fired

2015 was a fantastic year, one of my best ever. getting rid of the chipster and amaro within a few months of one another is icing on the cake

Hope the Giants get McDaniels first. Worried they are going to promote mcadoo. Giants is a better job, especially for an offensive coach than the Eagles, clearly. Get it done Mara
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    The Fixer said:
    excellent video, fixer!

I go to the fixer for my unbiased eagles and phillies info.

wish I could get fired with a $13M severance. fuck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    edited December 2015
    pjhawks said:

i hope we enjoy the chip kelly era as much as andy's but i doubt it. i look foward to your ideas in 3 years on who the new coach might be.

hate to be one to pat myself on the back but I was spot on above after Chip's hiring and Juggler trashing of the previous guy (and you should search my comments on Demarco Murray after they signed him. nailed that one too).

pretty stunned to hear last night. Thought there might be a small chance after next week but thought Lurie would give him another year. Clearly a lot of the players had enough of Chip and his ways.

one name to throw into the mix is Jim Mora Jr. Coached in NFL with a bit of success and has done a nice job at UCLA.
    Post edited by pjhawks on