Options

***Vienna Fanviews Here 25/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    I After a few mins, he asked the sec to pull him out, and about 15-20 mins later, I see him pulled out AGAIN few meters from us...I mean, what was this guy doing? Wtf???
    yeah, that was exactly what i saw, and i was just like WFT, he asked to be pulled out himself, and in a couple of mins, he is back...!?! he looked quite weird anyways...
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    yeah, that was exactly what i saw, and i was just like WFT, he asked to be pulled out himself, and in a couple of mins, he is back...!?! he looked quite weird anyways...

I know, he looked really sketchy. im not judgemental usually, but look on his face wasnt pleasant when he first *walked* towards us...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Ppl are so dumb sometimes...and selfish :(
    [...]
    Makes me sad when I see how some ppl dont care about each other like this...

I SAID...YEAH: I GOT MEMORIES, SOMETIMES I KNOW I'D RATHER BE WITH AN ANIMAL:)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    adcadyadcady Posts: 13
    I've been listening to a few songs everytime I could today at work on my mp3 key... and now I'm just listening to the whole stuff... THIS IS JUST GREAT!!! I love it!!!
    I can hear myself cheering up and screaming "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie..." at the end of Comatose... That's just funny. ;-)

Just one thing, could anyone translate what Eddie said in German cos I can't speak German... what is it all about... only thing I got from the speeck was "the Residenzplatz in Salzburg"???

I really can't wait for them to come back!
    I miss you already....

Antwerp 30.08.06 - Paris 11.09.06 - Vienna 25.09.06
  • Options
    My german is shit so I won't try to translate it...but I am getting curious as well... Somebody translate it, pls!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
  • Options
    He basically said that the last time they were in the country it was at an open air area , at the residenzplatz in salzburg.
  • Options
    Hey, I have just listenned to the bootleg first time and it's easy to hear
    "BU-DA-PEST BU-DA-PEST BU-DA-PEST..." choir
    at the end of Even Flow!!! YESSS, our plan and shouting has paid off well! :)
    He-he, így kell hallatni a hangunkat!!!:D
  • Options
    i had to listen to it twice, really properly to hear that, and i ended up thinking that only the people who actually know what was going on can make it out .... or maybe im simply going ddeaf... :D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    LOL, I'm sure it's easily hearable by ear- or headphones (although I haven't tried it yet:))...it's a lovely surprise for the fans who didn't know anything about our smootly executed plan...and for all those Hungarian fans who didn't manage to get to Stadthalle...What a pity!
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    LOL, I'm sure it's easily hearable by ear- or headphones (although I haven't tried it yet:))...it's a lovely surprise for the fans who didn't know anything about our smootly executed plan...and for all those Hungarian fans who didn't manage to get to Stadthalle...What a pity!

r u sure...? i've listened with earphones...!!!

ok, its official now, im going deaf!!!!! :( :D
  • Options
    anyone else can hear it...?
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    My german is shit so I won't try to translate it...but I am getting curious as well... Somebody translate it, pls!

Here the exact words - first in German:
    Als wir das letzte Mal hier spielten was es auf einem Open Air Gelände am Residenzplatz in Salzburg.
    Aber wie auch immer - es ist schön wieder hier zu sein.

When we played here the last time it was on an open air venue at the Residenzplatz in Salzburg.
    But whatever - it's nice/beautiful to be here again.

I liked that in "Small town" Eddie sings "oh my good it's been six years"
    because I thought the same - but of corse most European Fans did that.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    tschoess wrote:
    Here the exact words - first in German:
    Als wir das letzte Mal hier spielten was es auf einem Open Air Gelände am Residenzplatz in Salzburg.
    Aber wie auch immer - es ist schön wieder hier zu sein.

When we played here the last time it was on an open air venue at the Residenzplatz in Salzburg.
    But whatever - it's nice/beautiful to be here again.

Thanx for translating the whole german text! Could you translate the other one (thanking the crowd I think:)), bitte?
    tschoess wrote:
    I liked that in "Small town" Eddie sings "oh my good it's been six years"
    because I thought the same - but of corse most European Fans did that.

Thanx for translating the whole german text! Could you translate the other one (thanking the crowd I think:)), bitte?
    I loved that line as well!!! It's unbelievable how much attention Eddie pays to crowds, cities and countries...and how creative and improvisal he can be!
    The only person behaves like that is Michael Stipe (R.E.M.)!!!
  • Options
    Since I haven't heard the whole show yet (I'm still working on Prague and Berlin too) - when is the other part you want translated?
  • Options
    tschoess wrote:
    Since I haven't heard the whole show yet (I'm still working on Prague and Berlin too) - when is the other part you want translated?

i guess he is taking about the part before i got id and that this song was writing with neil young. he didn't spoke that much german or did he?
    he said something that it will not take another 6years till they come back. or something like that.

how is the boot?
  • Options
    The bootleg was a positive suprise for me - but I have to confess, that the audience is pushed up a little by the mix. The Berlin and Prague crowds were in reality louder - on the bootlegs it's the same level.

It's definitely a must buy when you have been there. Since I do not know any Italian o. Portugal Boots to compare it's hard to evaluate. It's definitely on the same level with Berlin and Prague.

Since I have limited Downloadcapacity I must wait for November before I buy some more shows.

The German part before I got shit was: Das ist ein Lied, das wir mit N. Young in Seattle geschrieben haben. = This is a song we wrote with N.Young in Seattle.
  • Options
    adcadyadcady Posts: 13
    tschoess wrote:
    The bootleg was a positive suprise for me - but I have to confess, that the audience is pushed up a little by the mix. The Berlin and Prague crowds were in reality louder - on the bootlegs it's the same level.

It's definitely a must buy when you have been there. Since I do not know any Italian o. Portugal Boots to compare it's hard to evaluate. It's definitely on the same level with Berlin and Prague.

Since I have limited Downloadcapacity I must wait for November before I buy some more shows.

The German part before I got shit was: Das ist ein Lied, das wir mit N. Young in Seattle geschrieben haben. = This is a song we wrote with N.Young in Seattle.

Thanks a lot for the translation!
    I miss you already....

Antwerp 30.08.06 - Paris 11.09.06 - Vienna 25.09.06
  • Options
    m5150bm5150b Posts: 8
    I downloaded some of the photos from the Vienna show & I'm planning on taking the one with Ed flipping off the camera & framing it for my brother as he has the same habit of giving the camera the bird. Does anyone know during which song Ed gave the double bird? It would make the framed photo better with the song title on it. thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry, no idea!
    But that will be cool without the appropriate information
  • Options
    m5150b wrote:
    I downloaded some of the photos from the Vienna show & I'm planning on taking the one with Ed flipping off the camera & framing it for my brother as he has the same habit of giving the camera the bird. Does anyone know during which song Ed gave the double bird? It would make the framed photo better with the song title on it. thanks.

did you downloaded it from pearljam.com or an other source?
  • Options
    It was posted by Bartek on page 2 of this thread. http://www.forum-wishlist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510 click on that link & scroll towards the bottom.
  • Options
    I'm almost sure it was taken during "Fuckin' Up".
  • Options
    thanks for the info Bartek. this will make for a great birthday present for my brother.
  • Options
    best concert of my life. absolutely awesome.

here is a desktop i made out of photos from the gig, enjoy

pearljamwiendesktopqy2.th.jpg

here it is again
    pearljamwiendesktopqy2.jpg
    black tags forever!!
  • Options
    1 month passed since Vienna and I can still feel the mood and the atmosphere!
    It was so damn good!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    lilingerlilinger London, UK Posts: 475
    Same here...
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • Options
    szia lilinger, gyere a magyar szekciónkba (Given To Fly)!
  • Options
    ok, dear vienna attendants, maybe it is a silly question, but anyways ... could anybody possibly tell me what's the name of the tag eddie sang at the end of black??
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    ok, dear vienna attendants, maybe it is a silly question, but anyways ... could anybody possibly tell me what's the name of the tag eddie sang at the end of black??
    I thought it was an improv...:confused: no?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    I thought it was an improv...:confused: no?

same here
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson