***Vienna Fanviews Here 25/09/06***

stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
edited December 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening: Tarantula Ad

Set List: Life Wasted, Corduroy, Rearviewmirror, World Wide Suicide, Comatose, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Severed Hand, Sad, Gods' Dice, Daughter, Jeremy, I Got Id, Parachutes, Wishlist, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go, Go

1st encore: Last Kiss, Inside Job, Off He Goes, Black, Do The Evolution, Even Flow

2nd encore: Spin The Black Circle, Once, Alive, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Setlist source: pearljam.com
20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• omfg, what a night!!!
    "he decides to dream... dream up a new self for himself"
  • Niiiiceee!!!!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • I'm intrigued to hear what God's Dice sounds like live :) Anyone?

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • It was an unbelievable show :D:D:D

Front row with fellow Hungarian fans on Stoney's side. Mike winked at me loads of times, so as Jeff and Stone too. I threw a kiss to Mikey and he threw me one back :D:D

Amazing setlist, great audience... loads of sing along... can't wait for the boot :D

I'm just high on this whole thing... I guess I need a sleep to be able to digest today's events...

Maarten, thanks for watching my back... I guess I would have been squashed if you weren't standing right behind me

It was so nice to meet you guys all at the 10c line... hope to keep in touch

That's it for now... I'll come back with some more later on...

It was even better than the Astoria :D:D:D

btw the opening act was very bad imho
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm intrigued to hear what God's Dice sounds like live :) Anyone?

got it at the gorge sensational.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08

Saw it performed at SF1.

I like it a lot better live. Much more intense and raw.

Roll 'em high...
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Zoso wrote:
    got it at the gorge sensational.

when they played it at the gorge i was like YES!! no one else cheered for it, but when the chorus came you saw the hands go up...then Ed's laugh in that version makes me :D every time
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    yeah gods dice was great, as was the whole show!

i LOVED the setlist and was so happy they played sad and i got shit!

nice improvised tags at the end of wishlist and black

little wing was full band with lyrics, not just a mike tease

even flow as an encore closer worked sooo well.

and i always love it when they play rvm early in the set.

i couldn't be happier...i actually even enjoyed last kiss tonight

inside job was simply beautiful, as was off he goes. very good version of that one.
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • So - i finally registered (till now i was only in the German PJ Forum, which is excellent).
    After Prague and Berlin finally my homeshow.
    Although we could not really match with the German and Czech crowd I think we did really well.
    After Prague and Berlin the third "rocking start" in a row - and yes Corduroy which i missed the nights before.
    They gave us a lot of songs also played at the last Austrian Show in Salzburg 2000: God's dice, SOLAT, Alive, RVM, Go, DTE, Even flow, Wishlist, Elderly woman, Daughter, Once, Black.
    The boys really seemed to enjoy the show although the venue wasn't sold out and there are more enthusiatic crowds.
    I liked Even flow better than the nights before and the soli were awesome.
    Till yesterday I thought Fuckin' up isn't a perfect encore song - but I changed my mind - it was brilliant and YLB ist for me the perfect closer - I can here that song a Million times.
    After 3 shows in 4 nights I'm a little dazed at the moment and it will take a few days to realise how unbelievable this 4 days were.
    I hope to have a chance to do this again sometimes.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Whooooooooo, just got back home, after like 1 hour sleep on train im still completely dizzy and under the emotions of last night ...

what can i say...? THE VERY BEST SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN (and i went to not one in my life:))

first of all, thanks to all 10C members in the queue and generally for being soooooooo completely nice and making me really feel like a part of the big family!!! it was really nice to meet you all, and special thanks goes to Oscar, the big organizer and biggest motormouth on earth!!! ;)))

and then ... i had the Perfect spot, at the very middle of the very front (Stoney side, with hungary reepresentatives ;))) , and for that THE BIGGEST THUMBS UP FOR RICSARD for literally lying on the floor to keep out place til we got there ... you are the best, mate ;)))))))))))

setlist: amazing, all said, cannot complain!!!

and as for the specialities, the bands contact with us all the time (US, the hungarian community with flags and all :)))) was something completely amazing and unbeliveable, not to talk about mentioning us at the end of the show (HEY anyone catched what Ed actually said after 'and to all these hungatrian people here Bla blal bla...?)

and i'm the owner of a very special mr mccready guitar pick (like 5000 of others after this show, LOL)

I could go on and on for ever about how great and special this show was, but lets finish now, time to sleep finally, all i wanna say is ...

THANK YOU PEARL JAM, AND THANK ALL OF YOU FELLOW FANS, YOU ARE ALL AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!!! :)))))
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • p.s.: anybody want to see some photos...? ;) got some real nice ones

this: the other side, crowd number 1 ... hello guys!!!! :)))))

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v422/zsuzska/?action=view&current=PJ010.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch8
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Cool Photo , could you show us the full album? :)
  • *BUMP*

Can one of the mods please sticky this so it doesn't get lost :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Alright... so I think now I can actually tell how it was last night...ehm yesterday

Oh, well, let's rather start from Saturday at the airport when I met John. You could immediately figure that we were going to the same place as both of us were in PJ t-shirts. We had a very nice conversation throughout the flight and once we got to Vienna and dumped our staff at the hostel, went to discover the Backbone... Here we met another 2 PJ fans from Amsterdam and we ended up drinking a lot and talking about PJ the whole night. Got back to the hostel around 3-4am.

The next day we met up again a bit later in the afternoon when we went to the Prater and did a bit of touristy stuff. Had loads of fun on the wet n' wild (I still have no idea, how you did that Maarten, that you were the only one, who didn't get wet...) then at that catapult kinda thing. Ray and I didn't want to go on it but the others were brave enough to give it a try. After some nice food and drinks went back to Stefansdom to meet up some more Rumanian fans. Needless to say that we ended up drinking in the Backbone till late again.

And then the big day. Had a quick snack around 12pm at the shopping mall near the Stadthalle. I had to run back to the hostel to pick up my passport for my 10c ticket. In the mean time I got more messages from fellow fans to meet up in front of the venue. By the time I got back there were around 20-30 ppl waiting outside. The lovely Oscar organised the list so nobody needed to fight for places at the line. The whole atmosphere was just soooo nice and relaxed. Met loads of cool ppl from all over the place. We played cards, talked about previous shows, what everybody was doing in general just to kill time. I think we were there for about a good 6 hours outside waiting to get in.

I had such a great surprise to meet all my fellow Hungarian fans... I thought nobody liked PJ back home anymore and they've got long forgotten. Anyways, it was lovely to meet you guys, and pls do stay in touch.

Well, finally they started to let us in. Ricsard was amazing how he blocked the whole front section at Stoney's side to get the Hungarians at one place. We had such a great time during the show. I wonder if we'll be able to hear the Bu-da-pest, Bu-da-pest on the boot after Even Flow. And yes, I don't have any idea what Ed said at the end... "blah-blah-blah... people from Hungary" I guess that was the time when we went totally crazy.

I don't think there's another band on Earth who have such a great crowd interaction like PJ. I managed to block eyes with Mike at least a hundred times throughout the show. I just love the way he actually looks directly into your eye among thousands of other people. Jeff was also waving back at me... Stoney too... It was just amazing... The coolest people on Earth! :D:D:D

Black and Wishlist was sooo beautiful. The crowd just went on singing and Black ended in clapping and singing by the audience.

I have to get the boot as soon as possible to relive the whole thing. I think this one beats the Astoria. That was amazing too, but this time... I guess I'm running out of superlatives.

A BIG THANK YOU TO PEARL JAM. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING SMILES ON PEOPLE'S FACES. THANKS FOR GIVING US GREAT MUSIC. THANKS FOR BEING THE MOST AMAZING BAND OF ALL TIME. LOVE YOU GUYS. :D:D:D:D

I really hope that they'll put out an Eastern European tour next year... but hey anywhere in Europe... please COME BACK... really doesn't matter where just COME BACK

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR LAST NIGHT :D:D:D:D

PS: Hope you had a great time in your home show, Sid.
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Great atmosphere, great setlist, great fans ... the best PJ concert I've seen so far (I have only seen two before) ...
    Prague 1996
    Salzburg 2000
    Vienna 2006
    Munich 2007
  • I'm back to France. This show was so wonderful, Vienna is so beautiful, people from Vienna are so friendly. I had a great time there.
  • Can this topic be sticky like all other reviews ... PLEASE...?
  • My first PJ show and it was AMAZING! Thank you guys for the wonderful time I had! Setlist was nice but a bit more Yield and No Code and less Ten would have pleased me even more. Still, it was fantastic! It was like a big party for all the fans and the band.
  • I finally got back to Brighton last night. I still don't believe what happened there!

The show: speechless - my first PJ show in the front row!
    So many songs from my wish list: Daughter, I Got Id, Wishlist, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go, Last Kiss, Inside Job, Off He Goes, Black, I stop here 'cos it looks like they are almost identical :)) I can't wait for the bootleg
    The interaction with the public was amazing, including the "on-demand" longer version of Yellow Ledbetter

And the people: I really loved meeting these wonderful people: Orsi (very conchise story about these days, cheers :)), Maarten and Raymond (I hope I'll see in Amsterdam sooner or later), and, of course, my Romanian friends, Costel, Theo, Larisa, Adrian. A quick beer with Oscar in the aeroport, on the way back (I hope you had a good trip), and the two English fans from the plane - again, I hope I'll see you again.
    Plus other great guys in the 10c queue, which I can't remember their name right now - my fault :)
    I guess being a Pearl Jam fan is about being special

And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found
    This love with you.

John
    Forced to endure what I could not forgive...

Reading - 27/08/06, Vienna - 25/09/06, NY - 24/06/2008, London - 18/08/2009, Perth - 14/11/2009
  • best of the three shows i've seen (antwerp, paris and vienna)
    wishlist, solat, the black ending, i got shit... a dream setlist for me!!
    fucking magic
    thanks a lot!!!

see ya
    don't let the sun go down on your grievances...
  • Bartek wrote:

Good pictures, Bartek
    And nice t-shirts :)
    Forced to endure what I could not forgive...

Reading - 27/08/06, Vienna - 25/09/06, NY - 24/06/2008, London - 18/08/2009, Perth - 14/11/2009
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    please make it ***STICKY*** please!!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
    Oh my dearest God!

Vienna was my third show this year and it kicked my ass completely!!! Thanx for this great great crowd, we made the boys feel REALLY good!!!
    At first us 10 clubbers owe Oscar a HUGE thank you!!! (I laughed my ass off how Oscar pronounced my friend's name (Lacy :):):)) it was damn funny!)Man, you organized the row so well that people could just disappear for hours - although I was not brave enough to go away for hours like others did!!! But all in all this system worked fine and as a guy who was 13th:) on your list I was damn lucky to get in really early!!!
    I am pleased to have finally met
    Mrs. Gyöngylekvár Ashcroft,
    Barcikan Sailorgirlie:)
    you were so kind and funny, it was nice to meet ya!!! Keep in contact! >>> check out iwiw!!!
    I enjoyed your reviews!
    I am glad that I got to know Cropdustress from Croatia, talked to Paul from Texas and the guy (sorry, I forgot your name) from Britain and other very nice persons... Thanx Zsuzsi for her compact but professional camera as well:) :)

I personally was very lucky 'cos I managed to reserve some place for Laci, Gyöngylekvár and Sailorgirlie...After our small 4 person Hungarian community conquered the very first row between Eddie and Stone(my friend:):)) Geri, Monyó and Ákos found us...Thank God for that...and to our biggest surprise more and more Hungarian fellows appeared in our very cool section...was nice to be part of that almost randomly generated MAGYAR community!!!
    Kibaszottul megmutattuk, gyerekek, hogy mulatnak a jómagyarok, annyi szent!!!:):):) Rajtunk nem fog múlni Eddiék legközelebbi magyar koncertje!

Tarantula AD was surprisingly uninteresting although I am an open minded music fan...they must be professional musicians but their art-shit was so dull I could not imagine Eddie&co was gonna show up in an hour, almost fell asleep, really!

When the beautiful intro from TEN started...so so beautiful it was that my legs started shakin' and my heart was about to jump out of my body... the guys showed up, my camera was ready to record the first song...LIFE WASTED !!!! It was the first time I heard it and it was mindblowing(!!!), the crowd went nuts and we screamed and roared as loud as we could!!! Pogo and moshing was frightening but it was understandable!!! PEARL JAM ON STAGE!!! And then only fast songs one after another: Corduroy, Rearviewmirror, World Wide Suicide, Comatose... what a mad celebration... after 12 minutes my T-shirt and jeans were TOTALLY wet, and almost lost my voice:) I was into the show so much that rest of the songs was seemingly played in only one minute - if you know what I mean!

Most memorable moments:
    (in no particular order)
    • hearing the crowd's unbelievably loud noise...beautiful VIENNA, you were surprisingly fuckin' enthusiastic!!! It was really worth travelling to Stadthalle!
    • Eddie going to the back of the attractive arena...Eddie sang LAST KISS there, I was mesmerized!!! How could anyone hate this song, it was so very emotional!!! Oo-o-o-o-oooo...oooooo-o-oo-o-oo...o-ooo-o-oo-o-oooo...:)
    • Eddie comin' back towards the stage and shakin' my hand as well as Monyó's and Laci's!!! Mr. Vedder, you drove us really crazy and felt like blessed by the Pope or something!!!
    • Eddie mentionning and thanking our Hungarian community and pointed at my national flag and Gyöngylekvár's orange "Greetings from Hungary" sign! We were hypnotized!!!
    • Screaming out BU-DA-PEST, BU-DA-PEST...multiple times!!!
    • Screaming out "BUN-DÁS-KENYÉR, BUN-DÁS-KENYÉR...":):):) that is what we had planned for days and days to eat in our Sopron flat after the show just to lengthen our pleasure and finish the day perfectly... WE did it at 2:30 AM!!!:):):) we swore: if we ever create a Pearl Jam website, it will be http://www.bundaskenyer.hu :):):)
    • STONE (my favourite composer in the band) recognizing and greeting me with huge long lasting smiles...I hoped he would not forget how we interacted in Arnhem and Antwerp (Thanx for that pick again)!!! Well, he didn't!!! He remembered me and my demand: "COME TO HUNGARY again" and was smiling like a childish clown multiple times!!! Great great man and musician!
    • MIKE stopping, pointing and looking into my camera while I was making a video!!! DAMN, Mike you were awesome in all kinda meaning!!! God bless you!
      P.S.: Thanx for the guitar pick, it's beautiful!!! I put it next to the one Stone gave me directly in Arnhem!!!
    • EDDIE...and his voice...No comment, you are world champion, one and only singer, THE THROAT himself...your voice sounds more and more powerful years by years!!!
    • MATT...no other drummer would have been more powerful there! Enough said, we don't need a better PJ drummer!!!
    • BOOM...I will miss your organ stuff so please don't disappear, don't let them get rid of U:)!!!
      Bo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-om!!!
    • songs: all of them!!! Especially PARACHUTES, LIFE WASTED, FUCKIN' UP, LAST KISS, OFF HE GOES, WHY GO and...INSIDE JOB (climax of the show)!!!
    • the band that does not want to leave but stay as long as possible!

LONG LIVE PEARL JAM!!!
    Don't make us wait so long...it drives us Europeans mad!!!
    See you guys next year on the old continent again!!!

and plz plz plz

COME

BACK

TO

HUN
    G A
    R Y, please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
  • i heard rumor that both 'bugs' and 'who you are' were soundchecked at this show. can anyone confirm???
    Bugs was soundchecked:):), that's sure. How fuckin' brilliant it would have been, I love it!!!:)
  • I posted some pictures of the show and a little video of Life wasted (at the bottom of the page) here : http://tontonmatt.free.fr/pearljambercy2006.htm (it's the same webpage for Paris and Vienna, but all the pics are from Vienna)

I loved it!
    Amazing show, the crowd: not so amazing. I mean: awful. :(
    Ill post later, still recovering from last nite :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • i am still overwhelmed by the show. i still feel all the emotion. i plan to keep it in me for the next few weeks and months. until i post again...

check out herr mccready...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/halffull/

btw. is the reason why i can't attach files directly is because i am a n00b?
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.