Options

***Vienna Fanviews Here 25/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    karpusj wrote:
    I might do, but only in a pub where we can listen to Pearl Jam :)

John, awesome show innit?

we'll find a place for sure
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    Please let us know each other as soon as possible about the truth...and Eddie's speech!!! He said something like: thanx for the Hungarian fans and pointed at... us:) By the way...did YOU manage to shake hands with him??? I took videos of that moment when WE DID, but it's only some vulgar enthusiastic Hungarian phrases (by instincts?) are what you can hear:) LOL

YAY... on the way he was running back to the stage at IJ... he was high-fiving with everybody... I was like I'm not gonna wash my hands ever!!!!! lol :D:D:D

It was nice to meet you...Has anyone mentionned that your laughing is so damn funny?

I got that a couple of times... when it comes to enjoy yourself truly... sorry, can't help it;)
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Wow Vienna was great. It was my first pj concert and it was even better then i was expecting. Shame on me ( as a pj fan for 8 years!!!) that i'never went on a concert. Even my girlfriend who is not a fan said that it was the best she ever saw... Great....
    The only thing i was wondering is that ed didn't mentionned the austrian elections who are today. I tought he will ask the austrian to not voting for the right-thinking and acting parties. We were in vienna for 4 days and I was feeling some kind of fear of emigrants. Vienna is a really beautiful city but I think that the are too much right-thinking persons.....
    And then I hope that pearl jam will someday come to our little country so that we can show that LUXEMBURG can rock......
    Hope that the bootleg is available soon................................................................
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    WOW, I've just seen the tour photos on the official pj site:)
    http://www.pearljam.com/tour/index-photos.php
    great takes, better than mine:)!!!
    Don't forget (like me) to save them on your PC!

and...ehhh...Syd,
    isn't your flag visible in Eddie's hands (ZG pix)?????????????????
    :o:D
    OMFG (if yes:))!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options

I got that a couple of times... when it comes to enjoy yourself truly... sorry, can't help it;)

No offense or something...I just wanted to say that your lovely laughter filled the atmosphere outside and i forgot how stressful I had been because of waiting outside and the possible inside positions!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Wow Vienna was great. It was my first pj concert and it was even better then i was expecting. Shame on me ( as a pj fan for 8 years!!!) that i'never went on a concert. Even my girlfriend who is not a fan said that it was the best she ever saw... Great....
    The only thing i was wondering is that ed didn't mentionned the austrian elections who are today. I tought he will ask the austrian to not voting for the right-thinking and acting parties. We were in vienna for 4 days and I was feeling some kind of fear of emigrants. Vienna is a really beautiful city but I think that the are too much right-thinking persons.....
    And then I hope that pearl jam will someday come to our little country so that we can show that LUXEMBURG can rock......
    Hope that the bootleg is available soon................................................................

I don't want to hurt anybody but I exactly know what you are talking about! It's not easy to be a foreigner in Austria and Germany:(
    Walk on!
    Glad you enjoyed the show!
    Next time you had better buy tix to at least 3 shows!!!You won't get disappointed, believe me it gets only better and better!!!
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Ricsard wrote:
    WOW, I've just seen the tour photos on the official pj site:)
    http://www.pearljam.com/tour/index-photos.php
    great takes, better than mine:)!!!
    Don't forget (like me) to save them on your PC!

and...ehhh...Syd,

woohoo, the (fans) European Touring Bus made it to the official pictures:
    http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060919/1.jpg
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Ricsard wrote:

and...ehhh...Syd,

Yes, it is. you can see my flag on one of the official photos :o

And thanks to someone, I even got a clip when he's putting the flag up during ALIVE when the crowd sings the HEY HEY HEY part! :) So happy and proud! :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Hi everyone, we haven't posted anything about Vienna yet because we were so overwhelmed by the show in our hometown, Zagreb. But we have to say that Vienna was awsome as well! A great setlist, a great crowd (even though it seemed there weren't as many people) and an unbeliveable concert for us. We were right in front of Mike and managed to throw him and Jeff ZAGREB t-shirts, our friend threw Ed Sid's Croatian flag which then made it to the stage in Zagreb. We showed Ed a sign saying 'Zagreb awaits', he looked at us, said ME TOO and toasted us the next time he drank his wine. All in all, a great show during which we communicated a lot with the band (what more can you ask for?) and with a great crowd. It was a shame there were so many crowdsurfers. What is the matter with those people, couldn't they find out something about the band they were going to see?!
    A big thank you to the Austrian security guy who held on to one of Mike's picks for some 20 minutes and then handed it to us even though he was not supposed to. THANK YOU!
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Oh, and I forgot. Did someone ask a few posts back what Ed said about the Hungarians? If I'm not mistaking, he recognised your flag, sent a big hello to all the Hungarian fans and wished you well with the situation in your country at the time, referring to the protests in Budapest. I was once again amazed at how much he knew about things.
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    Oh, and I forgot. Did someone ask a few posts back what Ed said about the Hungarians? If I'm not mistaking, he recognised your flag, sent a big hello to all the Hungarian fans and wished you well with the situation in your country at the time, referring to the protests in Budapest. I was once again amazed at how much he knew about things.

yeah i someone told me this version earlier (i couldnt understand him coz i was too thrille becoz of the fact he was talking to us LOL), and really amazing right he was aware of whats going on, but still, i believe we would be more happy for a sort of promise about a visit............................ :)
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    pajo wrote:

Wasn't is just one single sentence??? The more and more I am waiting for Vienna bootleg...we must solve this mistery:o
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Wasn't is just one single sentence??? The more and more I am waiting for Vienna bootleg...we must solve this mistery:o

yeah, as far as i remember, it went like ... "and to all these hungarian people here, blablabla, like 1 sentence and thats it..."

really cant wait for the bootleg!!!! what do u reckon, when it will be available...?
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Till Wednesday-Thursday it's not likely they release it:) but who knows??? They will let us know in Given To Fly section by a new thread: Vienna...available, eh?!

***EDIT: WOW, Berlin is available today! So our day might be on Wednesday:)!!!
  • Options
    yeah, as far as i remember, it went like ... "and to all these hungarian people here, blablabla, like 1 sentence and thats it..."

really cant wait for the bootleg!!!! what do u reckon, when it will be available...?

yes, that's how I remember as well!!! Pointed at us and spoke to us something like that!!! The countdown has begun: Vienna bootleg supported with a loud crowd arrivin'!!!
  • Options
    Last Kiss video (not mine!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGf5vYo8n9Y
    Enjoy, it was a great moment and I loved the lights on!
  • Options
    The "oooo-o-oo-o-ooooh" singalong was amazing, I loved that!!!
    Thanx for the link!
  • Options
    stefanwa wrote:
    Last Kiss video (not mine!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGf5vYo8n9Y
    Enjoy, it was a great moment and I loved the lights on!

*** chills chills CHILLS **
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:

yeah the results of the election is kinda shame for austria. but it's not only austria. it's throughout euorpe. i think. we voted the deadlock. man the next years gonna be very hard.

but pearl jam was great. better then in paris. maybe the crowd there was louder but it was also ruder. i stucked there in the middle close to the stage and was so afraid of losing ground. in vienna i nearly was same distance to stage and could dance my ass off like everybody around my. and everybody was taking care of the others. i had the feeling they do. correct me.
    the setlist was amazing -sure a lot of songs missing- but daughter and rvm short without jaming is good. love to hear it that way.

didn't know that it was that international there. hope you all enjoyed vienna as well as pearl jam. see you on the next tour.
  • Options
    read hear or somewhere else that they soundchecked bugs. is this true?
  • Options
    Yeah.. Vienna was a great show! and so were the days leading to it.. thank you Orsi and John to have made this such a nice time we had fun in the Backbone even after 21 whiskeys hahaha altho Ray attracked some weird Austrian to us hahaha. We also had fun in the Fair the next day and well about not getting wett in the "Wet and Wild"..hahaha it's just all about avoiding the water at the right moment then you'll stay dry Orsi hahaha..*wink*...then the concert itself was great (again...) and i think when Eddie talked about you Hungarians that he said ( pointing at the flag)... " lets keep the hopes up high for these hungarian people " .. probably refering to a possible visit next year to Europe ( and Hungary..?).. anyway that's what I remembered him saying.

Cheers to all who made this yet another great day and concert.

Maarten
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    adcadyadcady Posts: 13
    tontonmatt wrote:
    I put other videos of the show here : http://tontonmatt.free.fr/pearljambercy2006.htm (sorry for the low quality)
    And once again, what a nice stay in Vienna! What a lovely city! And what a show! I love that setlist! Paris was good too, maybe the public was louder there (listen to Animal on the Paris bootleg, it's terrific), but what a setlist in Vienna! One of my best concerts ever!

Nice videos... and I like your song "Eddie Vedder looked at me"!

Vienna was a very good one! I'm so happy they played State of Love and Trust and Sad (if you wanna see a short video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bDGo9CEUNQ).
    The set list was perfect! I think Eddie was really enjoying playing in Vienna... he was terrific! He touched my two hands and I got a guitar pic as well... This was an amazing show!!!
    I can't stand the idea this tour is over... I'd been waiting for 12 years to be able to see them... now I've seen them 3 times in a month and I can't believe I will have to wait for a year or two before they're back! I'm depressed!!!
    I miss you already....

Antwerp 30.08.06 - Paris 11.09.06 - Vienna 25.09.06
  • Options
    and i think when Eddie talked about you Hungarians that he said ( pointing at the flag)... " lets keep the hopes up high for these hungarian people " .. probably refering to a possible visit next year to Europe ( and Hungary..?).. anyway that's what I remembered him saying.

Cheers to all who made this yet another great day and concert.

Maarten

hiyya marteen, thanks for this... what can i say, im deeply touched...

EDIT: check my signature LOL :D
  • Options
    hiyya marteen, thanks for this... what can i say, im deeply touched...

EDIT: check my signature LOL :D

haha now lets hope I remembered it good.. haha I am sure it was something like that tho... we will be able to tell very very soon.. when the boot will be available..:-)
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    haha now lets hope I remembered it good.. haha I am sure it was something like that tho...

Amen to that!
    Anyway, he was glad to meet us...and that's what means something!
    "Come back..."
  • Options
    YEAH, bootleg is available! Downloading right now!
  • Options
    adcady wrote:
    Nice videos... and I like your song "Eddie Vedder looked at me"!
    Thanx, Adcady. I'm listening to the bootleg right now. Well, that's what I assumed during the show : the public is much calmer than in Paris (at least at the beggining of the show), but I guess people who thought it was too tough in Paris would have appreciate that a lot. Anyway, that was a great show! :D
  • Options
    tontonmatt wrote:
    Thanx, Adcady. I'm listening to the bootleg right now. Well, that's what I assumed during the show : the public is much calmer than in Paris (at least at the beggining of the show), but I guess people who thought it was too tough in Paris would have appreciate that a lot. Anyway, that was a great show! :D

I heard Paris was rough, but Vienna had so many crowdsurfers at least on my side (Mikes) that wasnt even funny anymore. Its hard to enjoy the show when EVERY MINUTE security is pulling someone out ABOVE YOUR head :(
    But it was a great show regardless.
  • Options
    I heard Paris was rough, but Vienna had so many crowdsurfers at least on my side (Mikes) that wasnt even funny anymore. Its hard to enjoy the show when EVERY MINUTE security is pulling someone out ABOVE YOUR head :(
    But it was a great show regardless.

hey sid, and i saw this one guy, he looked really rough, like an old heavy metal rocker with long hair and all the clothes&accessories, he was pulled out like 3 times at least, but not becoz crowdsurfing, sometimes he just appeared in the first row in oscars place, what was going on...?

ps: cannnnt wait to get home and get hold of the bootleg!!!!! :D
  • Options
    hey sid, and i saw this one guy, he looked really rough, like an old heavy metal rocker with long hair and all the clothes&accessories, he was pulled out like 3 times at least, but not becoz crowdsurfing, sometimes he just appeared in the first row in oscars place, what was going on...?

ps: cannnnt wait to get home and get hold of the bootleg!!!!! :D

I remember that guy >>> so annoying. He came all the way to the front, next to us, and was pushing fwd constantly, didnt care about anyone else. Jen and I were like: wtf dude???
    After a few mins, he asked the sec to pull him out, and about 15-20 mins later, I see him pulled out AGAIN few meters from us...I mean, what was this guy doing? Wtf???
    Ppl are so dumb sometimes...and selfish :(

There were so many crowdsurfers, plus this annyoing guy...>>> Not cool.

Also, towards the end of the show, a guy appeared behind me and kinda took Jens spot. This guy was local I think (he spoke Austrian German) and was really nice actually cause he asked me if I was OK a few times. I guess I was to calm during a song or two just feeling the music and all, but most times I couldnt move either, so the guy mustve thought I was gonna pass out or sth :D I was OK, I can handle front row. He was sweatty too, but as long as he was cool, I had no problem with it. On the other hand, Jen had stuck in the back with this guys friend who was a total jerk :(

Makes me sad when I see how some ppl dont care about each other like this, but thumbs up for all of us who stick together and care for one aonther. :)
    Yes, Vienna was rough. :o As Eddie said himself: I hope we find you in a safer place next time. Or sth along those lines...