Options

***Vienna Fanviews Here 25/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    If I could turn back time to those moments we had those salty fake-Croatian Turkish snacks outside the venue:):p ! It would mean we could enjoy the whole show again, and I would not make mistakes again...would go ZG!!! Stupid coward me!

if i would have seen you after the gig i would have for sure conviced you to head south the next day!!! :))) i was seriously thinking about it after that night... then i was checking the flights to athens ... and now im rotting here in the office... :(((
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Aaaaah, you were that blonde girl with that orange [Greetings...]canvas, are you?!:)
    He-he, Gyöngylekvár was sitting next to me outside, right behind you when we were talking:)
    If I could turn back time to those moments we had those salty fake-Croatian Turkish snacks outside the venue:):p ! It would mean we could enjoy the whole show again, and I would not make mistakes again...would go ZG!!! Stupid coward me!

HAha, good times :D

Hey, theyll be back to Zagreb and theyll play Budapest. We can have our little reunion at both shows eating those *Croatian* Turkish sesame sticks. ;) Cant wait for next time(s)!
    And yeah, about the pics and videos, Ill PM u, and we can trade. I got some pics, but no videos. My friends have some great footage though. I havent seen anything yet... :o
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    it's absolutely surprising for me as well, about half of the crowd was Austrian, and the rest: really fanatics from all around the world... especially Hungary >>> as Vienna is the closest concert capital!!!

u hungarian guys seem like fun!! :D
    i saw that huge orange flag...right on!! :)
    Ricsard wrote:
    My voice was tortured
    My ears are OK
    but I would never leave my camera at home...those 25 minute videos of my little European tour mean so much to me!!! IMHO recording videos is a little sacrifice that pays off some hours, days, MONTHS, YEARS later!!!!!!!!

ever heard of 'mental picture'? ;) it just felt so much more important to be there fully all the time than to hold up this darn mehcanical nonsense for further reference..i think with or without videos or photos this concert will remain in my memory...cherished, amazing and soooo special!!
  • Options
    Squirrel wrote:
    finally i get to post...

vienna was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! it was my 2nd ever show and after dublin i must say the crowd seemed even more enthusiastic and supportive in vienna!! i actually liked the fact people were crowd surfing..even though i know they prolly shouldn't have..but it just shows how much they were into the music and goin wild with it..sorta brought back the early 90s ;)
    though i'm sorry to hear about somebody got kicked :(

the set list was amazing!! so many songs i had secretly wished for but didn't actually think i would hear...coduroy!! state of love and trust! evenflow and YLB!! oh how much i looove that song!! just touches me!! of course technically they were prefect again! such skilled musicians! and matt's drum solo was really quite impressive!!

i didn't take my camera this time cause i wanted to be free to dance and scream and clap without having to worry about that darn thing :)
    and i did!! whoa i was soaked and my voice was half gone and my left ear too :D but it was sooo worth it!!
    seeing pj live is just such an amazing experience! i mean i love pj but i still wouldn't have pictured the atmosphere and power of hearing them live!!! and even though it was my second time to see them...when they finally walked on stage again i was like: omg they really exist..there they are!!! right in front of me!!
    what a feeling!!! i wish i could see them every day!!!

i'm so grateful i could see them twice!! in comparison dublin had really strict security measures whereas vienna was pretty easygoing...for this reason the crowd had to be more 'tame' in dublin...cause if someone even vaguely hinted at moshing, crowd surfing or sitting on sb's shoulders, security guys would come up to them right away! but people were still really supportive and screamed their lungs out! :)
    mucially both shows were great!! but somehow i felt that especially eddie was still a tiny bit...well nervous or sth in dublin at the beginning...he kinda held back but got more comfortable with everything as the show continued...in vienna he seemed to be really relaxed and enjoying himself...i think the guys had fun on their european tour! and i really hope they'll come back soon!!!!

So glad you had a great time....it gets better and better every show....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    So glad you had a great time....it gets better and better every show....:D

YES! Thats what I said. Prague was amazing, Berlin was great, Vienna also but Zagreb was my highlight. It gets better and better :)
  • Options
    Squirrel wrote:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, MY flag !!! :))))))))))))))

edit: guuuuuuuuuys, i still always get the chills right to the bone every time i check on this topic... :D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    ok ladies and gentlemen, let me share with you some of my photos of the great night... :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zsuzskavedder
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    if i would have seen you after the gig i would have for sure conviced you to head south the next day!!! :))) i was seriously thinking about it after that night... then i was checking the flights to athens ... and now im rotting here in the office... :(((

If something, Vienna could have convinced me to turn south! Next time!, when I will see them in Poland, too!!! And Vienna of course!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    HAha, good times :D

Hey, theyll be back to Zagreb and theyll play Budapest. We can have our little reunion at both shows eating those *Croatian* Turkish sesame sticks. ;) Cant wait for next time(s)!
    And yeah, about the pics and videos, Ill PM u, and we can trade. I got some pics, but no videos. My friends have some great footage though. I havent seen anything yet... :o

Yes, great times!
    OK, I wait for you to collect everything you can (photos, videos) - I am interested in every show you and your friends attended!:):):)
    And I will put all my stuff on one single dvd: photos, phone shots, videos, reviews of all the shows I attended:)!!!

Oh F***, I forgot to take photos outside the venue (when we were waiting for the miracle!)...hopefully guys you took some:) Any of you, 10c-ers?
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
  • Options
    Squirrel wrote:
    Yes, my poor little national flag was overshadowed by that orange one!!! But IT'S OK!!!:)

He-he, you should have seen us...we rocked our pants down:)
    Squirrel wrote:
    That's what Stone thinks of us indeed as well!
    Squirrel wrote:
    ever heard of 'mental picture'? ;) it just felt so much more important to be there fully all the time than to hold up this darn mehcanical nonsense for further reference..i think with or without videos or photos this concert will remain in my memory...cherished, amazing and soooo special!!

Lucky you...I know what you're talkin about...but my memory is...hm...could have improved a lot...:) and you haven't seen my videos:)
  • Options
    [...]guuuuuuuuuys, i still always get the chills right to the bone every time i check on this topic... :D

He-he...the same here:)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

We all are made of stars...:)
    How did you girls and guys manage to get over the absence of Pearl Jam after such a frenetic show??? I have no idea what to do...no more shows, no bootleg yet, no idea when they return...FUCK, I am deeply addicted to these shows I think:) Maybe I ought to see a doctor:(
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    We all are made of stars...:)
    How did you girls and guys manage to get over the absence of Pearl Jam after such a frenetic show??? I have no idea what to do...no more shows, no bootleg yet, no idea when they return...FUCK, I am deeply addicted to these shows I think:) Maybe I ought to see a doctor:(
    Oh, I know how you feel. I miss them, no joke...But, after a few days or so, Im hoping Ill be able to get the boots and listen to them...remembering those memorable shows :) Ah... :o

And we'll see them next year :)
  • Options
    Oh, I know how you feel. I miss them, no joke...But, after a few days or so, Im hoping Ill be able to get the boots and listen to them...remembering those memorable shows :) Ah... :o

And we'll see them next year :)

Cannot look forward to enjoying Vienna bootleg...till that I can't do else, I must listen to the freshest shows:
    Bern, Paris and the Italian shows:)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    OMFG guys...!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing photos, thank youuuuuuuu!!!!! :)))))))
  • Options

Hvala lijepo Sydonia!

I am grateful 'cos you have impressive photos of not just the show but the fan club outside Stadthalle and us, huns:):)!!!
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:

You also spoil us all, my friend!!!:p
    Thank you veeeerrrry much!
  • Options
    OMFG guys...!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing photos, thank youuuuuuuu!!!!! :)))))))

Hopefully I can upload the rest but don't forget I preferred videos so those ones dominate!

Tonight me & my friends (with whom I attended the shows in Belgium & Holland) had an entire Pearl Jam night in a flat: we watched all the photos & videos I taken in the last month (actually we celebrated Antwerp, it was precisely 1 month ago!!!...and the last show, Athens)...our commemorating was crazy, touching and uplifting!!! And they loved my story and stuff from Vienna, especially PARACHUTES!
  • Options
    I put other videos of the show here : http://tontonmatt.free.fr/pearljambercy2006.htm (sorry for the low quality)
    And once again, what a nice stay in Vienna! What a lovely city! And what a show! I love that setlist! Paris was good too, maybe the public was louder there (listen to Animal on the Paris bootleg, it's terrific), but what a setlist in Vienna! One of my best concerts ever!
  • Options
    tontonmatt wrote:
    I put other videos of the show here : http://tontonmatt.free.fr/pearljambercy2006.htm (sorry for the low quality)
    And once again, what a nice stay in Vienna! What a lovely city! And what a show! I love that setlist! Paris was good too, maybe the public was louder there (listen to Animal on the Paris bootleg, it's terrific), but what a setlist in Vienna! One of my best concerts ever!

Nice videos...despite the low quality they gave me chills...what a great show it was!!! What enthusiasm! Let's wait for the Wien bootleg if we'd like to compare the crowds cos I am pretty sure we were fuckin' loud as well!:)

You were sitting at the very back, right? Then you can tell me if it was a soldout or just close to that???
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Nice videos...despite the low quality they gave me chills...what a great show it was!!! What enthusiasm! Let's wait for the Wien bootleg if we'd like to compare the crowds cos I am pretty sure we were fuckin' loud as well!:)

You were sitting at the very back, right? Then you can tell me if it was a soldout or just close to that???

Well, maybe it seems to me that Paris was louder (and tougher, see the Paris fanview topic) just because I had 10C tickets there, so I was in front, and I was in the back in Vienna. The show was sold out on the website I bought my ticket on, but there are always those black market tickets that are not sold, so there were some empty chairs, but it was pretty full. I'm glad I have a full-time job since august, so I'll be able to save money to see more shows on the next tour :)
  • Options
    tontonmatt wrote:
    Well, maybe it seems to me that Paris was louder (and tougher, see the Paris fanview topic) just because I had 10C tickets there, so I was in front, and I was in the back in Vienna. The show was sold out on the website I bought my ticket on, but there are always those black market tickets that are not sold, so there were some empty chairs, but it was pretty full. I'm glad I have a full-time job since august, so I'll be able to save money to see more shows on the next tour :)

Yes, we had our time of our lives at the front row...and there the crowd shouted and cheered so very loud sometimes we could not really hear Eddie!!!
    By the way was it only me who thought Mike's guitar was a little bit silent???
  • Options
    Guys, A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU who posted these awesome pictures!!!

Thanks for the great memories...
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Ricsard wrote:
    Hvala lijepo Sydonia!

I am grateful 'cos you have impressive photos of not just the show but the fan club outside Stadthalle and us, huns:):)!!!

Youre very welcome, Ricsard!
    Thats the best, just hanging out before the show, how could one not take pics of awesome ppl? :D

Glad you like 'em! :)