gonna stay that way, too

Did Sex turn out to be a bad thing? :ugeek:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    never seen a star wars movie in my life :thumbup:

A Virgin!

gonna stay that way, too

I had never seen any of them til pretty recently, but finally broke down and watched them. I thought they were pretty awesome. The first of each trilogy were kinda slow going, but I thought the other 4 were kickass.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    How can anyone not have seen any star wars movies? That is just pure stubbornness! :lol:
    My ex wife has never seen any of them...."as if, why would I watch that? with all those stupid aliens and monsters...it's so fake" :fp:
    i knew it was a sign. Should've listened to my gut.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    How can anyone not have seen any star wars movies? That is just pure stubbornness! :lol:
    My ex wife has never seen any of them...."as if, why would I watch that? with all those stupid aliens and monsters...it's so fake" :fp:
    Unless you are Amish, there is no good excuse.

Even then, I would have questions.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Jason P wrote:
    Unless you are Amish, there is no good excuse.

Even then, I would have questions.

A former coworker had never seen -- and refused to ever see -- SW. In general, she refused to see a lot of "popular" movies that many considered "must-watch," and derrided sci-fi and fantasy flicks as "too unrealistic."

We don't speak anymore.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I got an ex-girlfriend to watch Episode IV with me and she fell asleep. She proceeded to tell me that she thought it was "a stupid movie", despite her only having seen twenty minutes of it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893

I just don't like sci-fi. I have a too literal mind. :shrugs:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    imalive wrote:

Ya, I understand that....and to each their own. But aren't you even curious?
    I mean...I don't normally like sappy chick-flix....but I saw so many people hyping the Notebook that I watched it...and it was pretty good. I think normally, the 'great' examples of any artistic medium have crossover appeal to non-fans...that's what makes them great.
    That said....I refuse to watch any musical, and despite the hype, I have resisted that overwhelming urge to watch Magic Mike....still, those movies will fade from our social consciousness within a year or two....the Star Wars movies have been iconic for generations now.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

i don't like sci-fi either...star wars (the original 3) really aren't sci-fi...basically, it's a Shakespeare set in space
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

i don't like sci-fi either...star wars (the original 3) really aren't sci-fi...basically, it's a Shakespeare set in space

not a big fan of shakespeare either :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i've always said that never watching star wars is the equivalent of never listening to the beatles.

both are completely unavoidable and inexcusable.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    rival. wrote:
    i've always said that never watching star wars is the equivalent of never listening to the beatles.

both are completely unavoidable and inexcusable.
    your avatar is awesome!

:thumbup:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I work with a guy, I think he's 23 or so, who has never seen the originals, but has seen the prequels. I did a spit take when I heard that. And he loved the prequels, so I don't understand why he didn't see the originals. I would at least want to know how things turned out.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I work with a guy, I think he's 23 or so, who has never seen the originals, but has seen the prequels. I did a spit take when I heard that. And he loved the prequels, so I don't understand why he didn't see the originals. I would at least want to know how things turned out.

I bet One day you'll wander past him in the halls and hear him singing Yub-Yub..

yeah, how could you not want to see how things turn out?!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is like not seeing Jaws because you're not into fishing.

I'm not into fishing BECAUSE I saw Jaws. I need to get eaten by a shark like I need a second asshole.

Love the movie though.

I'm not into fishing BECAUSE I saw Jaws. I need to get eaten by a shark like I need a second asshole.

Love the movie though.

:lol:

Jaws.jpg
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I work with a guy, I think he's 23 or so, who has never seen the originals, but has seen the prequels. I did a spit take when I heard that. And he loved the prequels, so I don't understand why he didn't see the originals. I would at least want to know how things turned out.

Ugh. That sort of ruins the original three, doesn't it? I mean, while it was interesting to see the path Anakin takes to become SPOILER ALERT Darth Vader, knowing that ahead of time makes the originals lose a bit of shine and mystic. And part of the storytelling with the first movie was using Luke as a proxy for the viewer ... he knew about as much of the force and Jedis as the rest of the audience, and you lose that when you go into the original trilogy with knowledge of midichlorians and Mace Windu.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:

Ugh. That sort of ruins the original three, doesn't it? I mean, while it was interesting to see the path Anakin takes to become SPOILER ALERT Darth Vader, knowing that ahead of time makes the originals lose a bit of shine and mystic. And part of the storytelling with the first movie was using Luke as a proxy for the viewer ... he knew about as much of the force and Jedis as the rest of the audience, and you lose that when you go into the original trilogy with knowledge of midichlorians and Mace Windu.

I think so too, but I'm sure a lot of young people probably make that mistake. Most times you don't start with the 4th movie of a series. And yeah, the whole spoiler of Darth being Luke's father and all of that gets lost watching it that way. But you never know, if they really know nothing about Star Wars, one could argue that the original series is a spoiler for the fact that Anakin does turn. I'm sure there were at least some people who were surprised by that.

I would imagine somebody watching the films for the first time that way would think Obi-Wan was kind of a dick in Ep IV. Lying about his father, conveniently leaving out the part where he chopped off his limbs, etc.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

pretty absurd they couldn't take that guy out 2 on 1 ...
    rival. wrote:

listening to who? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    polaris_x wrote:

pretty absurd they couldn't take that guy out 2 on 1 ...

Ya, if the 50 guys with guns would have just opened fire to begin with... :fp:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

two jedis and a small troop against one darth maul ... let's even the odds by taking the troops and going the "long way" ... :lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

two jedis and a small troop against one darth maul ... let's even the odds by taking the troops and going the "long way" ... :lol::lol:

Especially considering Obi-Wan ended up just taking him out by himself anyway.

Maul.png
    The_Grand_Admiral_by_GoblinWhirlwind.jpg

Just Sayin ;)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    imalive wrote:
    rival. wrote:

listening to who? :?

the beatles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_beatles