Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I hope Mickey, being a rodent, doesn't hold any grudges against Luke for bulls-eyeing womp rats in his T-16 back home.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    I hope Mickey, being a rodent, doesn't hold any grudges against Luke for bulls-eyeing womp rats in his T-16 back home.

:clap:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

I read those as a kid, as they came out actually. Much better than the prequels.

They would probably make awesome movies, but George would never go for it.

Grand Admiral Thrawn was a badass though. Best Star Wars villain since Darth Vader.

Thrawn.JPG

I read those as a kid, as they came out actually. Much better than the prequels.

They would probably make awesome movies, but George would never go for it.

Grand Admiral Thrawn was a badass though. Best Star Wars villain since Darth Vader.

Thrawn.JPG

Disney would make their Money back in these threee films alone!
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Dirtiest lines in Star Wars

"Luke at that speed are we going to be able to pull out in time?"
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:

What about...

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

or

"They came from behind"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQauhJTVMLBh2gwwFWk_eOb4j1D4cFr_4wknrC53FDHzbXSahytheLV0MJcXg
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    DURP wrote:

What about...

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

or

"They came from behind"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQauhJTVMLBh2gwwFWk_eOb4j1D4cFr_4wknrC53FDHzbXSahytheLV0MJcXg

Those are good. But I still think mine is tops.
    My butt itches!
  • Negative negative, it didn't go in.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Mr Carbovedder
    30jpqp1.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
    boba.jpg?t=1351650224
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited October 2012
    Just hope we don't get this....

Stormtrooper_2807c8_351224.gif
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm all for more Star Wars. As much as I hated Episode I, the rest of the prequel trilogy wasn't too bad. I just think George Lucas bought into his own hype a little too much.

With a fresh mind at the helm, I can see this being a great success. The first thing they need to do is get someone who understands the scale of the Star Wars universe, and a proven track record at mapping out a coherent story arc, to oversee and draft a script. Personally I'd like to see Peter David give it a go.
    George's contributions (good and bad) to the prequels are a little overrated. From what I can tell from various behind the scenes stuff on the DVDs and other stuff I've seen, he basically came up with a script outline, and everybody else at Lucasfilm filled in the rest. And maybe that's was the biggest problem, there was no single person with a vision. In those behind the scenes things you see George sort of sitting at a table having people coming to give him pitches, or him walking around checking out people's work, and he decides which ideas and concepts he wants.

It will be good to get a different director too. George is not known for being a good "actor's director", and one of the reasons you get so many awkward and wooden performances in the series from people who are actually very good actors is because George is more concerned with the special effects than the acting. As long as they're standing on their mark in relation to the green screen, he could probably care less how well the scene went acting wise.
    It will be good to get a different director too. George is not known for being a good "actor's director", and one of the reasons you get so many awkward and wooden performances in the series from people who are actually very good actors is because George is more concerned with the special effects than the acting. As long as they're standing on their mark in relation to the green screen, he could probably care less how well the scene went acting wise.
    So true, a new director could breathe some much needed new life into the series. So often in the prequel trilogy it felt like the acting came second to the effects. The plot, as a whole, wasn't bad, but a lot of the acting really detracted from the full experience. I don't even know who I'd want to direct a new Star Wars.
    So true, a new director could breathe some much needed new life into the series. So often in the prequel trilogy it felt like the acting came second to the effects. The plot, as a whole, wasn't bad, but a lot of the acting really detracted from the full experience. I don't even know who I'd want to direct a new Star Wars.

Maybe Disney has Kersh's frozen head on a shelf next to Walt's. DEFROST THAT BITCH!!!

irvin_kershner.jpg
    Maybe Disney has Kersh's frozen head on a shelf next to Walt's. DEFROST THAT BITCH!!!
    Oh, wow, could you imagine? That would be stellar.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Can't really argue with any of that, except maybe where it proposes Nolan or Abrams for directing duties. Those two are not what I would have in mind.
    Can't really argue with any of that, except maybe where it proposes Nolan or Abrams for directing duties. Those two are not what I would have in mind.

Abrams might be alright though he wouldn't be my choice either, but definitely not Nolan. He's a good director, but not for Star Wars. He's WAY too serious. Star Wars should be fun. Maybe not Jar Jar fun, but fun. I would vote for somebody like Peter Jackson, and having seen him on that History Channel show "Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed", he knows his Star Wars frontwards and backwards.
  • im pleased...think this might really work..i hope that ep 7 has a few of the 4-6 cast in it...they might want a big pay day but for a few of them thats well over due..

as for ep 1-3 yeah i didnt love them as i did 1-3 but im not watching them though the eyes of a child..

my boys all love 1-6 i dont think they see a difference in them..and see it as one story.

ok ok they all hate jarjar :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my friend has read most of the books ... looks like they can depart from the initial 9 chapter story and go the route of james bond ...

ya ... disney sucks but at the same time - the whole marvel franchise is under that same umbrella ... and as long as they let the people who are true to their craft lead ... this should be a good thing ...
    atleast Disney will give us something. George did not look happy. We'll See, what ever it is, i'll be there.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    this will not be good.. I don't really care either way but what is left of the story? What could happen in episode 7? I just don't see a popular storyline... what's really the point of a non lucas star wars?
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    this will not be good.. I don't really care either way but what is left of the story? What could happen in episode 7? I just don't see a popular storyline... what's really the point of a non lucas star wars?

there's actually a lot of stories ... written already in novels ... not just in lucas's head ... and imo lucas butchered the first 3 episodes ... and considering episodes 5 and 6 weren't even directed by him ... i really don't think he needs to be more than the consultant that he will be ...
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    polaris_x wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

there's actually a lot of stories ... written already in novels ... not just in lucas's head ... and imo lucas butchered the first 3 episodes ... and considering episodes 5 and 6 weren't even directed by him ... i really don't think he needs to be more than the consultant that he will be ...

I hear what you're saying but it seems to me anyway as the road to cashng on on something that needs to be stopped.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    I hear what you're saying but it seems to me anyway as the road to cashng on on something that needs to be stopped.

oh ... i would agree as hollywood in general is horrible for that ... but, if they make good movies ... i'm all for it ... i will point to the nolan batman series and the recent slate of marvel films and the upcoming bond movie as examples of where i don't care if they cash in ...

i think part of it for me is having a friend who has read the books and the story arcs are fascinating ... so, to me - there is lots of potential ...
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Maybe Shia lebouf will get together with Harrison ford again.

Just kill me now. :fp: That was atrocious.

Those books were real good. I always hoped they would make it to the big screen. Seems like a long shot, but you never know.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)