Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,766
    :thumbup: I'm real happy with this choice. Loved all his work in the past few years, Star Trek, Super 8, Mission Impossible IV, Cloverfield.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    :thumbup: I'm real happy with this choice. Loved all his work in the past few years, Star Trek, Super 8, Mission Impossible IV, Cloverfield.

I enjoyed those things too, but they aren't Star Wars. I enjoyed the Star Trek movie, but it basically abandoned everything the original series and movies were about. I think they need a director who will stay true to Star Wars. I'm not sure JJ will do that, even though he's well versed in Star Wars.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    JK_Livin wrote:
    interesting ... they look pretty detailed, but I'm too old to be buying action figures ... right??

:think:

If Porkins makes the cut, I'm in!

:P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbLlsr3M9D1_S8iOrc-xMo5AmmDVUcxbrUTjwWZYrN2Tz-XzFS
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I enjoyed those things too, but they aren't Star Wars. I enjoyed the Star Trek movie, but it basically abandoned everything the original series and movies were about. I think they need a director who will stay true to Star Wars. I'm not sure JJ will do that, even though he's well versed in Star Wars.

stay true to star wars!??

what is that!? ... considering the clustercuss that was episodes 1-3 ... i'm not sure there is anything to protect here ...

the way i see it ... the storyline was already pre-determined when lucas went to hamil and fisher to get their approval ... he may only be a consultant on this project but you can be sure it will have his hands written all over it ...
    polaris_x wrote:

stay true to star wars!??

what is that!? ... considering the clustercuss that was episodes 1-3 ... i'm not sure there is anything to protect here ...

the way i see it ... the storyline was already pre-determined when lucas went to hamil and fisher to get their approval ... he may only be a consultant on this project but you can be sure it will have his hands written all over it ...

Just because they have made shitty Star Wars movies doesn't mean they should continue to. I never said anything about "protecting" Star Wars, not sure where that came from, I'm simply saying that I would like to see them get back to the roots. Maybe J.J. can do that, but I'm skeptical.
    I'm simply saying that I would like to see them get back to the roots.
    By roots, you mean merchandising? :P

Spaceballs-flamethrower.jpg
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm simply saying that I would like to see them get back to the roots.
    By roots, you mean merchandising? :P

:lol:

Well, let me put it this way. I would like to see them make a movie where the toys were made in response to the movie, and not where the movie was written to sell toys.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    bradley cooper rumored to have a role in episode 7?

was apparently talking with JJ abrams and it wasn't regarding abrams' upcoming lance armstrong movie.
    rival. wrote:
    bradley cooper rumored to have a role in episode 7?

was apparently talking with JJ abrams and it wasn't regarding abrams' upcoming lance armstrong movie.

I think it was about the Armstrong movie. At least that's what every story about it says, including a quote from J.J. saying that Bradley e-mailed him stating his interest in playing the part. The only information to the contrary (at least in my reading) is Bradley saying to some red carpet reporter that he wasn't, but I guess it all comes down to who you believe. I think it's just secrecy over the project.

The Armstrong movie seems like a more logical next step for an Oscar nominated actor than Star Wars. But it could be a boyhood fantasy of his or something. So who knows.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    Disney have announced that there will be spin-off movies in addition to the new Episodes... :shock:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/
    Yesterday, The Walt Disney Co. unveiled plans to make a number of spin-off movies set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — in addition to the post-Return of the Jedi trilogy that had already been announced.

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

Several sources close to the projects confirmed this was the direction the development was taking, although each cautioned it’s still very early in the process and, well, the deal could always be altered futher. Lucasfilm and Disney declined to comment on the information.

The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known as A New Hope), so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.

The Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.

In addition to bringing back two fan-favorite characters as the leads of their own films, the Han Solo and Boba Fett projects would also allow Darth Vader, in full-on black death-metal gear, to return as a villain, since placing the spin-offs within the original trilogy would mean he is still alive and hissing. That timeline would also open the door for a return from visit with everyone’s favorite degenerate slug-like gangster, Jabba the Hutt.

Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced the existence of spin-off plans yesterday as part of the company’s quarterly earnings report. He said the screenwriters working of the stand-alone films are Simon Kinberg (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Sherlock Holmes) and Lawrence Kasdan (screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the filmmaker behind The Big Chill.)
    The pair are also involved in the drafting of the new trilogy, with Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) penning the first of the series, which J. J. Abrams has agreed to direct. That film is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

There is no indication who might direct the Boba Fett and Han Solo films if they end up coming to fruition. Joe Johnston, director of Captain America and The Rocketeer, originally designed the armor for Boba Fett and told Screenrant he would like to make a film based around the character. Recently, Robert Rodriguez told MTV he would jump at the chance to make a Han Solo film if it were offered to him — although that seemed more like casual interest than a serious proposal.

The recent novel Scoundrels, by sci-fi author Timothy Zahn, focused on the exploits of Solo in the period between A New Hope and Empire as he set up an Ocean’s 11-type heist of a gangster’s fortune. But sources said it was not the basis for any film currently in the works.

As for other spin-offs, Ain’t It Cool reported Monday that a Yoda-centric film may be in the works, and earlier last month Vulture reported Zack Snyder may create a Seven Samurai-inspired Star Wars spin-off, although the filmmaker later said that was untrue.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush wrote:
    Disney have announced that there will be spin-off movies in addition to the new Episodes... :shock:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/
    Yesterday, The Walt Disney Co. unveiled plans to make a number of spin-off movies set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — in addition to the post-Return of the Jedi trilogy that had already been announced.

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

Several sources close to the projects confirmed this was the direction the development was taking, although each cautioned it’s still very early in the process and, well, the deal could always be altered futher. Lucasfilm and Disney declined to comment on the information.

The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known as A New Hope), so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.

The Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.

In addition to bringing back two fan-favorite characters as the leads of their own films, the Han Solo and Boba Fett projects would also allow Darth Vader, in full-on black death-metal gear, to return as a villain, since placing the spin-offs within the original trilogy would mean he is still alive and hissing. That timeline would also open the door for a return from visit with everyone’s favorite degenerate slug-like gangster, Jabba the Hutt.

Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced the existence of spin-off plans yesterday as part of the company’s quarterly earnings report. He said the screenwriters working of the stand-alone films are Simon Kinberg (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Sherlock Holmes) and Lawrence Kasdan (screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the filmmaker behind The Big Chill.)
    The pair are also involved in the drafting of the new trilogy, with Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) penning the first of the series, which J. J. Abrams has agreed to direct. That film is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

There is no indication who might direct the Boba Fett and Han Solo films if they end up coming to fruition. Joe Johnston, director of Captain America and The Rocketeer, originally designed the armor for Boba Fett and told Screenrant he would like to make a film based around the character. Recently, Robert Rodriguez told MTV he would jump at the chance to make a Han Solo film if it were offered to him — although that seemed more like casual interest than a serious proposal.

The recent novel Scoundrels, by sci-fi author Timothy Zahn, focused on the exploits of Solo in the period between A New Hope and Empire as he set up an Ocean’s 11-type heist of a gangster’s fortune. But sources said it was not the basis for any film currently in the works.

As for other spin-offs, Ain’t It Cool reported Monday that a Yoda-centric film may be in the works, and earlier last month Vulture reported Zack Snyder may create a Seven Samurai-inspired Star Wars spin-off, although the filmmaker later said that was untrue.
  • I heard about the plan to make spin-off movies yesterday. I'm not sure howI feel about it yet; especially Boba Fett. The cool thing about his character is he is so mysterious. I'm not sure I want to know anything more about him other than he was a Bounty Hunter.

Am I alone in wanting Disney to remake the original trilogy? A New Hope has not aged well. I watched it onBluRay last month and it was boring as hell; not a lot of action. I think they could make it better. And Mark Hamil was not a good actor. I honestly can't stand Luke at times. Empire is easily my favourite of the series and will always be a classic. I think if they keep much of the same script they could make it work. Return of the Jedi is almost 30 years old now. Or maybe Lucas made it part of the deal that Disney can't remake them?

Maybe the kid that played young Anaiken Skywalker in Phantom Menace could play Luke in the remakes of episodes IV, V and XI?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Maybe the kid that played young Anaiken Skywalker in Phantom Menace could play Luke in the remakes of episodes IV, V and XI?

Have you ever seen the "Awkward Interview With Jake Lloyd"? He grew up to be kind of a douche, which I can somewhat understand, given how much shit Star Wars fans have given him over the years. But this interviewer is trying to be nice, and he's still being a douche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmgio0VV1E
  • Maybe the kid that played young Anaiken Skywalker in Phantom Menace could play Luke in the remakes of episodes IV, V and XI?

Have you ever seen the "Awkward Interview With Jake Lloyd"? He grew up to be kind of a douche, which I can somewhat understand, given how much shit Star Wars fans have given him over the years. But this interviewer is trying to be nice, and he's still being a douche.

lol, yeah he's a little shit. The interviewer was kind of annoying though.

Okay, but maybe somebody else could play Luke.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

lol, yeah he's a little shit. The interviewer was kind of annoying though.

Okay, but maybe somebody else could play Luke.

"yeah, i always use the editing card." :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    I think the Han Solo movie could be good. The biggest problem would be choosing an actor who is younger than Harrison Ford was in A New Hope. I can't think of anyone that would fit the bill at the moment.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush wrote:
    I think the Han Solo movie could be good. The biggest problem would be choosing an actor who is younger than Harrison Ford was in A New Hope. I can't think of anyone that would fit the bill at the moment.
    225px-HarryPotter5poster.jpg

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Jason P wrote:
    goldrush wrote:
    225px-HarryPotter5poster.jpg

I see your wizard nerd, and raise you a geeky spazz.

2.159517.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/25064 ... g-han-solo

Rumor about Zachary Levi(ChucK) perhaps play a young Solo
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Harrison Ford will be playing Han Solo in the new film.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Beyond Cool, no words...

Beyond Cool, no words...
    I'm going to wait to see what direction theyre going with on the new film before I decide if I like this or not.

It was rough watching him hobble around in that awful Indiana Jones film.

Beyond Cool, no words...
    I'm going to wait to see what direction theyre going with on the new film before I decide if I like this or not.

It was, i try not to think about it. He has two new movie coming out, 47 the Jackie Robinson Story and Ender's Game, both which he's looking good in Thank God. So i'm hopeful, but i worry they'll just kill Han off as some dramatic story point, but i would love if he lived through the entire next trilogy.
  • Beyond Cool, no words...

It was, i try not to think about it. He has two new movie coming out, 47 the Jackie Robinson Story and Ender's Game, both which he's looking good in Thank God. So i'm hopeful, but i worry they'll just kill Han off as some dramatic story point, but i would love if he lived through the entire next trilogy.

These are legitimate concerns. hopefully he can be sharp/ spry once again.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/15/ ... s-han-solo

Latino Review broke the news via an appearance by the site's El Mayimbe on Fox News Latino, where he said, “It’s official. Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars movies.” While not infallible, Latino Review has broken many big film stories that were indeed confirmed down the line and El Mayimbe stated, “I found that out yesterday. I did my due diligence, like I do with everything. Triple checked. Legitimate sources."

For now, Lucasfilm has not officially announced anything regarding the subject of Star Wars casting, but El Mayimbe went on to say, “His deal is done. It’s just a formality. They haven’t really announced it yet.” He noted he didn’t know the exact extent of Ford’s role in the new films, but that, “It’s significant.”
  • http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/15/star-wars-episode-vii-new-report-says-harrison-ford-will-indeed-return-as-han-solo

Latino Review broke the news via an appearance by the site's El Mayimbe on Fox News Latino, where he said, “It’s official. Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars movies.” While not infallible, Latino Review has broken many big film stories that were indeed confirmed down the line and El Mayimbe stated, “I found that out yesterday. I did my due diligence, like I do with everything. Triple checked. Legitimate sources."

For now, Lucasfilm has not officially announced anything regarding the subject of Star Wars casting, but El Mayimbe went on to say, “His deal is done. It’s just a formality. They haven’t really announced it yet.” He noted he didn’t know the exact extent of Ford’s role in the new films, but that, “It’s significant.”

Saw this earlier. I don't know how to feel about this one if it is indeed true...
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
    Sad-Keanu-Reeves-Meme-Star-Wars-ec3ea5355f9e60b52c08.jpg

My vote for the next cast member.
    i want Sam Rockwell to be a Sith, or young Han Solo, i dont know but Sam and Star Wars = Win.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the next 3 movies have to be about the kids of han/leia as well as luke ... they just need to play their old selves now ...