Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited December 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
:?
The Walt Disney Company (DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction.

Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

http://news.yahoo.com/disney-acquire-lu ... 00740.html

tumblr_mcq2s7H7WO1qz581wo1_500.jpg
Post edited by norm on

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    george lucas deserves one of these guys: :fp:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :nono:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    will it be a postquel of the prequel or a prequel of the postquel
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm sure it will be about a teenage girl who is a Padawan by day and a pop star by night.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Me'sa can'ts wait!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    with disney involved, it will probably revolve around jar jar binks :roll: :nono:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I'm sure it will be about a teenage girl who is a Padawan by day and a pop star by night.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i was hoping these would get made ... chapters 7-9 ... it was always supposed to be 9 chapters and although lucas absolutely butchered 1-3 - still hoping they get made ...
    norm wrote:
    with disney involved, it will probably revolve around jar jar binks :roll: :nono:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5xp6-_wBHmqCRuWn1rKMTfQY_Ek6vvCZQDDWBx8876P8IRfb6AQ
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5xp6-_wBHmqCRuWn1rKMTfQY_Ek6vvCZQDDWBx8876P8IRfb6AQ

wow! what a complete zero
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    AH GAHD
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    norm wrote:

If you haven't seen it, rent Fan Boys.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScYmAoOHfkRR4cGFPEwXhOUWH2AHyOsfZF1F6d1AjOO7OnaMnO
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:

If you haven't seen it, rent Fan Boys.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScYmAoOHfkRR4cGFPEwXhOUWH2AHyOsfZF1F6d1AjOO7OnaMnO

is it as good as 'trekkies'? because that shit is gold! :lol:
    norm wrote:
    is it as good as 'trekkies'? because that shit is gold! :lol:
    I haven't seen Trekkies, but this movie is good and there are some good showdowns with trekkies. It's a well made movie that got buried by the studios upon release.
    George Lucas says there will 'never' be a new 'Star Wars'

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/29/10922254-george-lucas-says-there-will-never-be-a-new-star-wars?lite

... unless Disney pays me $4,050,000,000 U.S. dollars. Then there will be another 20.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dear george,

please hand over writing and directing responsibility to someone else

thanks
  • This could be sweet or it could turn out to be one hot steamy pile.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • This could be sweet or it could turn out to be one hot steamy pile.

I'll take "Hot Steamy Pile" for 4 Billion Alex.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • You know, Epcot Center does resemble The Death Star.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    I heard lightening McQueen is making an appearance.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Not that big of a surprise....Disney and Lucas have had a tight relationship for years.....Star Wars ride and Indiana Jones show at the Orlando park.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Is everyone sure this isn't fake? Okay, so Disney bought the Star Wars franchise. Fine. But I don't think they could possibly think that making another live action movie is a good idea.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I wouldn't mind seeing another one but hopefully a lot better than the last one.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    Is everyone sure this isn't fake? Okay, so Disney bought the Star Wars franchise. Fine. But I don't think they could possibly think that making another live action movie is a good idea.
    http://m.cnet.com/news/disney-says-new- ... p/57542644
    Is everyone sure this isn't fake? Okay, so Disney bought the Star Wars franchise. Fine. But I don't think they could possibly think that making another live action movie is a good idea.

unless disney has decided to release fake press releases, yes, they will make more movies
    Maybe Shia lebouf will get together with Harrison ford again.
    For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next. It’s now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I’ve always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime.

I’m confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come.

Disney’s reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products.
    http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/10/3 ... rs-trilogy
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Amy Adams will probably be the new Leia. And sing in it.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    jedi-mickey.gif
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

The Pirates Of The Caribbean series has been pretty good to them. And they've had quite a few other successful live action movies.

I don't think it's going to be all THAT Disney. They buy all kinds of shit, they bought Marvel, and "The Avengers" was technically a Disney production. I would imagine that Lucasfilm will be compartmentalized/self-contained within Disney the same way Marvel Studios is.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Im in the minority of Star Wars fans who actually like the "new ones".

I feel like the expectations were way too high before those came out and a lot of nerds came out with fake outrage because the story didnt go the same way their own fan-novels went (such as metachlorians). I have seen people's hour-long videos tearing apart each movie for the smallest little plot holes, costume 'errors', etc... things that I dont care about even after hearing/learning about it.

You can tear apart the old trilogy as well and they are cheesy in their own right. They are classics and among my favorite movies ever, but let's remember that many of us were kids when they hooked us, and we watched the 'new' ones pretty much as adults. Its a tough transition. "Luke we got company" was great when we were little kids and it was 1978, but that line now would get rolled by fans and critics.

IV through VI were around for so long by themselves, they wove with pop culture and so many people could recite almost every line in the movie. A new trilogy was coming in against a stacked, impossible deck. The megafans expecting a line-by-line memorization masterpiece got angry and I think the bad feelings snowballed/spread