Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    custom order submitted!! :mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    What is the $$$ limit on packages being sent to the UK? $25?

I don't want to have my person pay taxes/tariffs/fees to get their pressie. I also don't like declaring what's in the package on the customs form...then my person knows what they got. :roll:

(I tried mailing it on Saturday, but they closed 5 minutes before I got there. :x )
    Customs are kind of weird.

I think if you say that the package is a gift the giftee doesn't have to pay any fees. No real getting around declaring what's in the package. You can try to be euphemistic, I guess. :think:

I just assume the person is so excited to open the package that they don't stop to read the paperwork. :lol:

Also, if you pay for the postage on line, you can fill out and print the customs forms in advance. You need an accurate scale but it really does make things easier. Then you don't have to do much more than take it to the PO, get one of those clear envelopes for the paperwork, and hand it over.

oooh! online! I do have an accurate scale...and thanks for the other tips Dimi and dottles! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    oooh! online! I do have an accurate scale...and thanks for the other tips Dimi and dottles! :D
    It really does make the customs stuff a lot easier. But I do all packages on line now. You don't have to stand in line at the PO, just walk in, put it on the counter and leave. Piece of cake. :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i dislike online. last time i did it, i punched in the info, and it estimated 12.55 to ship. went to the post office, and it was 4.90
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i dislike online. last time i did it, i punched in the info, and it estimated 12.55 to ship. went to the post office, and it was 4.90
    How were you trying to ship it? Priority or express? It depends on what you select. You can compare the different methods on the USPS web site. It's not the most user friendly but they made some changes to it in the past year.

I sell junk on ebay all the time so I got used to paying on line for shipping. Easy peasy. You can leave the package on your porch for the letter carrier to pick up but I'm afraid it will walk off.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    How were you trying to ship it? Priority or express? It depends on what you select. You can compare the different methods on the USPS web site. It's not the most user friendly but they made some changes to it in the past year.

I sell junk on ebay all the time so I got used to paying on line for shipping. Easy peasy. You can leave the package on your porch for the letter carrier to pick up but I'm afraid it will walk off.

just first class. i find it easier to just stop it and let the professinal handle it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Yikes! I'm late sending mine off :? :(

I'll be doing it tomorrow, just waiting for some pictures to be developed.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Finally sent mine off today! Hope it makes it safely! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    dottles wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    What is the $$$ limit on packages being sent to the UK? $25?

I don't want to have my person pay taxes/tariffs/fees to get their pressie. I also don't like declaring what's in the package on the customs form...then my person knows what they got. :roll:

(I tried mailing it on Saturday, but they closed 5 minutes before I got there. :x )

for a gift it is £40 but I know they often query over £30 ($45 usd)

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... 4#P56_5044
    i was thinking this...it depence the sender too..if the package is from a company..lets say 10c LLC...i think they dont believe if it says gift on it...the will think it as a sale..so must check if its 15 pounds the limit??
    and Leanne..do they charge the shipping too?
    cos here in Greece the limit is more but they count the shipping in the total..

Yeah from a company the value of the item can be no more than £15 otherwise customs get their grubby hands out and start charging.

For a person sending the item the value can be upto £40 but needs to be marked gift. I picked up a poster from a guy on here the other day and looked at the customs form and it was marked $50 and there was no customs charge for me.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Sent my package earlier today :-) Someone can expect a blue box of surprises. Should be easy enough to spot with the pearl jam sticker on it :-)
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Eeecks is there a deadline? I am assuming it just needs to be there by christmas so am working to last postage dates :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    Just sent :D Keeping my fingers crossed that it reaches there before Christmas, but there's a little distance between us ;)
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    And thanks for keeping this going D! :thumbup: I don't even put this much thought into getting my own family gifts :lol:
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • maynardsux wrote:
    And thanks for keeping this going D! :thumbup: I don't even put this much thought into getting my own family gifts :lol:
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Got the last piece of the puzzle this evening. Will ship out tomorrow!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Mine is off to it's intended. My ideas grew in the dark, moist recesses. Spores a-plenty I tell you!! ;)
    Been an awfully busy few weeks so remember,
    “Life's too short to stuff a mushroom.” ~ Shirley Conran

Why now I don't take a resting... :D
  • Done & ready for shipping on Monday :D
    Better wrap it up today because I keep adding stuff to it :fp: ;)
    :D:D:D
  • Owl wrote:
    I've just read about the first Secret Santa received: congrats!

Mine has been shipped already and it's on its way by now, let's hope it'll get to destination soon!

:wave:
  • Wohooo, christmas came early :thumbup:

We sent our packages last Monday, I hope they will arrive safely at their destinations ...
  • Still waiting for mine to arrive. i had to order the person's online. hopefully it arrives Monday so i can mail it out early next week.
    hope all goes as plan :)
  • Sent mine today. I hope they like it.
  • Got mine packed and ready to go, then saw that I'd left out the note explaining everything.
    :fp:
    Now it's really ready to go.
  • Loulou wrote:
    Have just got back from overseas and going to send some goodies tomorrow! :D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen:
  • hgpjam11 wrote:
    I'm almost ready to send, just waiting on a bootleg to arrive.
    :wave: :D:D
  • boyo79 wrote:
    Nearly all ready to send mine out. Should be this week!
    :wave: :)
  • Yikes! I'm late sending mine off :? :(

I'll be doing it tomorrow, just waiting for some pictures to be developed.
  • custom order submitted!! :mrgreen:
    ;)
  • Eeecks is there a deadline? I am assuming it just needs to be there by christmas so am working to last postage dates :)
  • maynardsux wrote:
    Just sent :D Keeping my fingers crossed that it reaches there before Christmas, but there's a little distance between us ;)
    :D